Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Mums and Asters: antique mums

Communities > Forums > Mums and Asters
bookmark
Forum: Mums and AstersReplies: 2, Views: 66
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
elizabeth101
Tucker, GA

December 30, 2010
4:39 AM

Post #8283142

Does anyone have a source for antique mums?

I am looking for the single to semi double, leggy types that bloom mid October to Thanksgiving in the south. They don't get mildew, boitrytis, or any other dread disease and are surprisingly hardy. The color range is pale pink to a deep wine, and yellow through a dark gold to rust. The flowers form in loose sprays and the plants needed staking.

I had a selection of three or four colors but lost them three moves and seventeen years ago. I have been looking for replacements ever since.

Thanks

Elizabeth
alyrics
Beachwood, OH

March 15, 2011
9:22 PM

Post #8429630

Bluestone Perennials has Clara Curtis and they used to have Mary Stoker - don't know if they still do. Those are 2 of the most common old fashioned mums.
If you search on that I think there are several more varieties. Clara Curtis is the most popular but Mary Stoker is also beautiful - like little flames of pale yellow to orange at the center.
congminglaoshi
Tuckahoe, NY

April 2, 2011
9:59 AM

Post #8466881

Maybe you are referring to Korean mums. They are very variable, tall, bloom late, and easily grown from seeds to flower the first year. Do a search for Korean mum seeds, there should be vendors if not here in the USA, definitely in the UK.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mums and Asters Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mum's the Word... SILLYLILY 18 Nov 23, 2009 6:47 PM
Aster Blue Ribbon Sue_WA 8 Nov 27, 2009 11:54 PM
Pinching back mums...... orange_knickers 11 Aug 17, 2007 5:16 AM
Cutting back fall Asters? rainy_jane 27 Aug 30, 2007 3:26 PM
How many others have lost their mum? leaflady 40 Jul 9, 2007 1:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America