Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Can't change font size

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

My computer was running slow, went to add or remove in control panel. removed quite a few then computer shut down and restarted. After that all the fonts were real small. Went to properties, appearance and set for extra large. It said wait a moment then went right back to the very small font. I have macular degeneration and have to use magnifier to read this. Any ideas of what program I might have removed that handled this. Oh, also my word icon no longer shows up on desk top. Have to go to my documents, open a word file then click on new blank document to be able to start a new word file.

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

Word icon was on my desk top, I just couldn't see well enough to spot it.

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

I know its only me but incase someone reads all this. I got my fonts back. I have windows xp. I went to accessories, Then to system tools then to system restore. I went back to early this am and got everything back. LOL I now have to re-uninstall some that I don't need but will be careful about which one is the wrong one.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

that System Restore can save the day sometime.

have you ever looked into that "Magnifier" that is in System Tools | Accessibility ??

I've never tried it, but i hear its good for folks with vision issues.

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

thanks tcs, i haven't tried it but will.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.