Photo by Melody

Article: Happy New Year!: And continuing resolutions...

Communities > Forums > Article: Happy New Year!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Happy New Year!Replies: 3, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2011
8:17 AM

Post #8286414

Sounds to me like ya'll have your wants, needs, and ducks in a row! Lots of good ideas and wishes bouncing around in that write-up, Mel!

I guess I missed a thread where people were interviewed regarding their resolutions. I believe I made a resolution years ago to not make any more resolutions. (Darn, I sure blew that resolution right quick, eh?) *grin

Bernie, I doubt I can help ya build your pond but if I try my best, make a better income this year, keep a steady course with peace of mind and good health, maybe I can help you meet your "resolve to meet Horseshoe"! Look out Prizer Point Roundup, maybe this'll be my year. (Melody, would this year be the tenth one?)

Hmmm...maybe that is a great resolution to make, "Help others meet their resolutions."

Happy New Year to All!
Best,
Shoe

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2011
4:28 PM

Post #8287270

Since actually making resolutions only puts more pressure on ourselves--I will not
spend time on "making resolutions".
However--there are things I would like to do better...
1--I seldom spiff up my house--or vacuum it or seriously clean it.
I live alone--so it is MY dust--and MY dirt--and my clutter...
However--I resolve to do a good cleaning--but one area at a time so I am not
overwhelmed. One bathroom...One cluttered up corner...One stack of clippings
or recipes to be organized...baby steps here...Baby steps...

2-- I have dozens of unfinished, beautiful craft projects. All supplies bought--just sitting in boxes.
I want to put out ONE project at a time on my DR table and sit down and work on it
when I have an hour or so to kill. Use up ALL the supplies for that project. Make everything...
Turn off the TV!
3--Garden wise---I will stop growing too many seeds and planting less plants.
New focus? A better, brighter veggie bed...NOT nearly started yet...

Gita
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8287312

By this time next year, I plan to have lost 75 pounds. I have a friend who wants to lose 50, and another, bless her heart, wants to lose 100! We will be support and encouragement for each other.
I stepped on the scales this morning and discovered I already weigh 3 pounds less than last year, as I was 'practicing' for this year during the past week, lol. So now I'm really motivated to keep going.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 1, 2011
4:59 PM

Post #8287329

Say, Shoe, if I resolve to have better EarthBox tomatoes THIS summer than I did LAST summer (when I at least attracted tomato horn worms and made ketchup), I know a way we could help each other keep our resolutions ...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Happy New Year! Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America