Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: Birthday Club New Year 2011 # 1

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 145, Views: 998
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2011
9:26 AM

Post #8288162

Rule number one is HAVE FUN! If you can't bring a sense of humor or a smile to the party don't come.

Rule number two is about the "gifting" of birthday goodies. New plan that I hope will solve the problems of most of the people with financial issues. All goodies must fall into one of these 3 categories:

1. A handmade or crafted something that you do. Most everyone I know on DG sews, paints, crafts or does some sort of hobby that they could share in some small way with the birthday people. If it is only a handmade card that you can send for $.44 that is terrific. This is not supposed to be about the gifts, but the giving. If any of you have joined thinking that you are going to have some bodacious birthday haul of expensive items, think again.

2. Second category would be plants. Hey we are a gardening forum after all. A lot of folks have extras or starts or cuttings. Send what you can afford to ship.

3. Gift cards for plants, or gardening related items or anything else that people have mentioned in their wishlists. I am not going to set an amount. Make it whatever your budget allows. Once again it is about the thought and the effort. There has been discussion of using the gift card idea and people thought that wasn't fair for the birthday person to have to pay shipping on their own gift. Seriously now, how many of you are going to go to Bluestone or Almost Eden and just get a couple of things? Come on. If you are going to go shopping there you are probably going to spend more than the gift card anyway so the shipping is just part of that. Anyone that does crafts would love a card to Micheals or JoAnns etc. I know I would. Keep in mind a lot of gift cards can be done online eliminating the postage issue all together.

Now that we have the ground rules set I encourage everyone to go to the New Likes and Dislikes link and adjust their posts accordingly. List your plant wants. List the places you like to shop or would like a gift card from.

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8142063
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8057458
MaggieHanson (Maggie) March 10 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8144395
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7958412
Janaestone - (Dianae) April 12 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886210
JenniferShipway (Jennifer) April 22 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8275040
Merrymath (Mary) April 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8291134
momoftwo607 (Erin) May 6 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7885884
Crit (Patti) May 10 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8217784
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8039522
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7896427
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886786
GardenQuail (Michelle) October 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8242576
catzgalore(Steph) October 30 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8291193
Sherman99 (Karen) December 3 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8126577
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8005430

New Likes/ Wants Thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107561/

This message was edited Jan 11, 2011 3:04 PM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2011
9:28 AM

Post #8288171

Our picture is compliments of one of our past members who is still a good friend. Thanks Arlene!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2011
11:19 AM

Post #8288354

Lovely sentiment and way to start our New Year :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2011
11:58 AM

Post #8288401

Neener since we have birthdays all clump up in in April and Oct. I volunteer to go to another month to spread us out. Your Choice ,I don't care. June and July are open. Will that help.??
Charleen

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2011
2:00 PM

Post #8288631

Oooo, Charleen, what a great, thoughtful idea! Qualifies you for a special present! I second the idea Neener!

Dave's experiment with the orange didn't work so well. Now he is thinking potatoes. Geez, I will have to cook them if he gets it going. Since his birthday is just a few days before mine this month, I will just give him the darn peeler!

Joy
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2011
2:07 PM

Post #8288643

ROFL JOY

That may be a good idea ... plus go to the produce section and buy some pears and advacados for him to tackle.

MARY
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2011
2:24 PM

Post #8288671

Beautiful angel.. Angels say so much..

Have a great week hope to mail Joys in few days. take care all.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2011
2:36 PM

Post #8288694

I bought both "boys" marshmallow shooters for Christmas! I got them one that shoots the big marshmallows so what do they do? Start firing them in the house, well they are soft aren't they? Then my youngest decides to make his a scatter gun and fills the barrel with mini marshmallows! I am still finding mm's lying around. They then put their heads together and were going to try other things but I put a stop to it. That is after totally laughing my head off. So it is no surprise that the peeler is up for changes. They were discussing how to hook it up the the drill motor so it would work faster. Here I am frantically trying to find them a football game on TV so they would forget about it.

Sigh,
sherman99
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 2, 2011
2:55 PM

Post #8288720

that is too funny !!! hook it up to a drill motor. men. i am still laughing
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2011
3:21 PM

Post #8288747

OY Vey Joy.. LOL!!! I am still picturing your boys in my head getting to mischief. At their age no less. Too funny.

Char, I'll think about the idea you mentioned. Doesn't seem fair to move birthdays around. Even if we are top heavy some months, there are other months that don't have anyone, so in my mind that sort of evens out. I'll put a few gray cells to work on the conundrum and see what I can throw up. :0)

merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2011
3:42 PM

Post #8288781

JOY

Your boys would love this item

http://www.handhelditems.com/slingshot-flying-monkey-with-scream-sound-p-4958.html

The kids at my daughter's had a blast with them ... even the adults wanted them. The monkey sound is so real!

MARY

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8288949

That is so funny. Kids and men . they sort of all together in a group Aren't they??
Just thought I would see if I could help. Now, I love my Birthday Month, Fall is my kind of weather,
I am willing to move if it helps. Up to you, just let me know.
I'm surprised those boys didn't stuff them full of Mini Marshmellows. That might be easier than M&M's. Leave it to some one to come up with an electric apple peeler. ☺

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2011
4:57 PM

Post #8288956

Char they did stuff them with mini marshmallows, I just got tired of typing the long words and abbreviated. I would have stopped them if they had touched my M&M's. Chocolate is protected in this house.

Joy

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2011
5:30 PM

Post #8289019

I know that is right. I love that dark chocolate too, Don't you. We went to Wal-Green and they has some dark chocolate that had Chili Peppers in it. It wasn't bad. It wasn't real hot. Want to try some???

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 2, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8289109

Hi y'all. Can I join? How does this work?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2011
6:22 PM

Post #8289159

Hi Steph! Hang on til Neener has a chance to check in and fill you in, probably in the morning.

Hey Joy, give them a taste of their own medicine when they least expect it and dust their tails with marsh mellows...outside, or you're gonna be finding them inside on your Easter egg hunt...lol. Great mental picture, I can just see you doubling over laughing! Who can figure out men and their toys anyway?

Chocolate is one of my weaknesses and am proud to say I started the New Year without one measly piece in the house. Course that's subject to change at a moment's notice or my mood.

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 2, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8289167

OK. I'll be hangin' LOL I'll check in tomorrow evening. :)

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2011
7:33 PM

Post #8289279

Fine with me Char!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

January 3, 2011
4:30 AM

Post #8289542

Hi Steph, welcome, seeing you more and more...yay!!

Joy, I bought the marshmellow guns for my daughters boyfriend and his best friend (also my daughters) for Christmas. They are 14. She thought it was a silly idea and they wouldn't like it, and decided not to give it too them. (That was their 'fun' gift). Well I am going to give it to them anyway. Courtney told the BF that she got them a gag gift and what it was, and he has asked when he's getting it. So if your 'boys' had a ball with it, I think two 14 year olds would too.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2011
4:57 AM

Post #8289560

Paula,
Got our first ones years ago at a craft fair, just PVC pipe affairs. The boys were 8 and 12. We had as much fun as they did. Fast forward to this year's Nutcracker Market, a huge Christmas show where a lot of the muckity muck go for stuff to decorate. I had never been and knew that most of it would be well out of my price range. It was fun, some stuff wasn't, but out in the middle of this huge affair was a booth selling professionally made mm guns, crossbows, launchers, etc. And they had a try it booth. I was talking to the owners and they said that more adults were buying for themselves then for kids. What a marketing ploy. They snagged everyone walking by and it was fun to watch the hoity toity types actually enjoy themselves in their designer dresses and heels.
I knew I wanted one for Evan's fun gift, he's now 20, but they were offering a buy one get one on the model I chose so Dave, he's 59 going on 12, got one as well.

http://www.marshmallowville.com/

Give it to your daughter's boyfriend, he'll love it, she'll hate it. LOL

There are all kinds of directions on how to make your own out there, just gotta let your hair down. GG
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

January 3, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8289614

The funny thing is, the daughter (who didn't think it was a good gift) says 'she thinks it might be fun to play with' ? hmmmm So does my son...18.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2011
5:48 AM

Post #8289634

Those monkey's are a HOOT!!!!! Going to have to get some of those!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2011
5:54 AM

Post #8289649

Morning all. Late start today. Welcome catzgalore!! Need your birthday and I'll add you to the list.
Gotta run. I'll check in later after all the ducks are in a row here. :0)

Neener
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8289672

I just ordered two flying mokeys for grandaughter in N Carolina (the one who sent me the mason bee house). They are being shipped directly to her (so I have no shipping cost). I know that she, her BF and cats will love them!

MARY
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8290786

i love monkeys to.. alive or ? i see link now so i will look at them..

Crit ,that plant start i thought was my birthday present did not make it it was Mosquito plant yes?? I'll wait till warms will find one. yes toys for kids are lots fun now than 5o yrs ago..

Faye ,i'm caught up so your in next week..love to see you here my dear friend.

Next is Feb. but what for deepseas.??April is big month and Oct.

Joy mailed yours hope like. blessings.

Be well all safe, blessings?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2011
4:53 PM

Post #8290850

Trying to get a rise out of Ben so we know if he is still in and what he would like to have. I'll let you all know if he is AWOL or not. Twyla did you get something from him??

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2011
4:59 PM

Post #8290871

Faye, expect a package Wednesday.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8290883

I've been wondering the same thing, Twyla.
Hey, Ben, do you want to give us some more ideas over on your list?

Now that the Christmas rush is over, Joy, I'm almost ready to mail your gifts. Still want to add a couple more thingies.

April does have four B-days, myself included. If it makes it a little easier to budget and plan, they're scattered over four weeks. I've said it before and I'll say it again that I'm perfectly happy with a card to add to the growing collection in my scrapbook.

If I ever got my ducks in a row, I'd forget where I put them.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8290955

Durn, I should have got you those ducks Michaels had...☺☺You could put the ducks in a row...hehehehe

Had to do it, You know I love you...☺

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8290985

Here Fruity, all in a row

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 3, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8290986

I just got in from work and checking in here :) Looks like everyone had a good day today :)

My Birthday is October 30th. What's my next step?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2011
5:51 AM

Post #8291599

Thanks Steph. I'll add you to the list and if you can go to the link at the top and put your likes and dislikes and where you shop. That way if we are doing a gift card or whatever we know what to do. I gotta tell you, the gift card thing is really great. If you want to have a nice card and a little other something that will go in an envelope with the gift card, it is less postage and you know the birthday girl will be able to get something they like.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2011
11:51 AM

Post #8292127

Yes hope, the Mosquito Plant geranium was your birthday present. I'm sorry it didn't make it. I would keep caring for it and maybe the roots will put something up, as it was already rooted. I can send you another one if you like, but would need to wait until the weather warms again. Or ... if you want to dmail me your address, maybe I could bring one by on a weekend. If you would rather have something else, just let me know!

Patti
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2011
3:17 PM

Post #8292435

Don't give up, Twyla. Geraniums are propagated by cuttings and unless your plant froze, it still has a fighting chance. Just treat it like a houseplant til Spring. That's so sweet of you to offer another one, Patti :)

Thanks y'all for helping me get my ducks in a row...lol Cute pic, Joy. I'm assuming those are some of your critters?

Welcome Steph! Stop by often and chat. As you can see, we gab a lot with whatever is on our minds.

Still sticking to my guns and haven't had a bite of chocolate this year and gave the boxes of Swiss Miss to my neighbor. Her grandkids love that stuff.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2011
4:25 PM

Post #8292543

Those were some of our Call ducklings a couple years ago.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2011
4:42 PM

Post #8292581

Now, Why are you NOT eatting Chocolate?? HUh????
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8292759

Cause it eventually lands on my hips and, trust me, they're squishy and wide enough as it is...lol Chocolate and salty snacks have been my downfall after supper and am trying to do better eating healthy popcorn but I swear that stuff tastes like straw. Any other time of the day I could care less about snacking and would rather eat fruit, veggies, a salad, or a cup of soup since I'm not much of a meat eater. Don't know what the solution is to my night-time cravings but need all the help I can get. Anybody else share my dilemma or have foods of wisdom that work for you?
sherman99
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 4, 2011
7:10 PM

Post #8292835

I am also a late night snacker, always craving salty stuff or candy. i have tried to divert my thoughts to fruit, like grapes and oranges but it is really hard. i also have tried walnuts, they seem to work well. the trouble with grapes is i want cheese with them, cant just be happy with the grapes sometimes. I hope someone else comes up with something better!!

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 4, 2011
7:42 PM

Post #8292885

I'm not too much of a chatter most of the time, but I do keep up with the threads pretty well :)
I'm quite the late snacker as well. Have y'all tried those little blackberry pomegranet rice cakes. They're really sweet, not like a lot of rice cakes. BTW my late night downfall is usually butter toffee cashews.
sherman99
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 4, 2011
7:46 PM

Post #8292891

I didnt know rice cakes could taste sweet. will have to try them. thanks

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 4, 2011
7:55 PM

Post #8292908

I didn't either. LOL Those are the only ones I like. LOL
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2011
9:38 AM

Post #8293622

Fruit, fruit and more fruit ladies. Also try Larabars. They are fruit and nuts. Several of them have cocoa in them. I've been making my own and they are a big hit.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2011
6:52 PM

Post #8296344

Woo Hoo! got a couple prezzies, one yesterday and one today.

First is a very nice present from Twyla I believe. Warm slipper sox, a cute lady bug wind chime and a very nice little necklace. Thanks so much Twyla.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8296363

Today I got a delightful surprise from Neener! She sent me a gift certificate to my favorite local place, The Antique Rose Emporium! In another month of so they will be bursting with roses and heirloom plants for my cottage garden. Also with her wit and wisdom her card read, "At your age isn't buying green bananas a gamble?"

Love ya Neener,

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2011
8:16 PM

Post #8296453

Question: How many of you use pruning sheers?

Mary
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

January 7, 2011
4:29 AM

Post #8296711

Joy, funny card!!! and great presents. I do have to apoligize to Hope and Karen. I am going to try my best to send yours today. Forgive me for being such a slacker, December is such a busy month.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8296744

Hee Hee Joy... Gotcha!!!

Mary I use pruning shears all the time. I have them in different sizes depending on the job. Felco pruners can't be beat in my opinion.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 7, 2011
7:21 AM

Post #8296994

Winter and summer, all year long a good pair of pruners are your best friend.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2011
9:20 AM

Post #8297244

I agree, Char! And I agree with Neener as well - I'd be lost without my Felco pruners. I use them all the time.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 7, 2011
9:48 AM

Post #8297293

I keep them in the house and if I go for walks, I can't stahd a limb to hit me or knock my hat off. I'll chop a limb off in a heart♥beat...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2011
9:59 AM

Post #8297319

Mary, I don't use them since I have no outside yard/garden.. maybe in a year or two, I'll be getting my own place and it'll have a YARD :)

Paula, don't feel bad about being late..I just sent Twyla my presents on the 4th lol.. in fact, she should be getting it today if she didn't get it yesterday..

Have Joy's stuff, just need to find a box to put it in.. but hey, I have a week yet
sherman99
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 7, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8297477

I even take my shears when i walk the dog up in the hills. never know what you mght find. of course, i usually forget bags to put what i find in, or take bags and forget shears. still have a good time though
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2011
4:17 PM

Post #8297947

Karen you sound like me. I have taken to wearing a spiral notebook on a lanyard around my neck so I can make notes to myself that I never read. :))
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2011
5:32 PM

Post #8298079

Next question ... Who lives within driving distance to a CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP?

Impish me, trying to plan ahead regarding future birthdays.

MARY
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2011
5:47 PM

Post #8298101

Hope you're having a good trip, Joy. Fill us in when you have time.

What kind of pruners did you have in mind, Mary? Hubby surprised me with a set of clippers last Valentine's Day. The larger jaw is great to use outside to prune small branches, but I've used the smaller one a lot more taking cuttings inside and out. I'm with you, Karen, love going on walks and have been known to stuff a seed head or two in my pocket whether they're from my own gardens or snitched from a nursery. Just don't tell on me...lol If you have the energy to move again, Clan, we just have to help you find a great yard.

Faye called tonight and thrilled doesn't begin to describe the B-day gift you sent her, Char! You sneaky girl...lol She won't be able to post a photo or thank you personally until her computer is out of the shop but really wanted to let you know how much your gift means to her. She kept saying what a thoughtful person you are sending her such a special gift :)
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8298184

Daughter’s Pre-K Dramatic Play Center
This center was created to go with her "Wild, Wild West" theme.
It presently includes cowboy hats, stick horses, baby doll and a pretend campfire.
She’s hoping to find bandannas, vests, chaps and maybe some toy spurs.

She’s spraying pebbles with gold paint. Kiddies will be involved in gold prospecting on the water/sand table center.

MARY

Thumbnail by merrymath

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 7, 2011
6:55 PM

Post #8298204

Merry...Christmas Tree Shop...To buy trees or to buy the decorations?
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

January 7, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8298211

Joy- I am mailing out your Birthday gifts to you. Hope you enjoy.

Jennifer
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2011
7:11 PM

Post #8298226

The Christmas Tree Shops is a fantastic chain. It has super nice items at reasonable prices ... the only carry Christmas items during the same time other stores do. The closest one to me is 30 miles away. It is just a few miles from my daughter's house. I am seriously thinking of visiting my daughter this Sunday because she was telling me about extremely large heavy planters that she saw there for $20.

I can make out a birthday wish list for her to use for me.

MARY

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2011
5:35 AM

Post #8298633

Susan, so glad Faye got her package. Did she tell you what it was???
One was one of my "Clay materpieces" I am so glad she liked it...

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 8, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8298648

I'm still now sure how this works. Can someone dmail me the specifics?
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8298911

I am back and would like to join. I will be sending Joys present out on friday. =) Its good to have a job and be able to buy things for yourself and others. =)

Erin
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2011
9:07 AM

Post #8298940

Hey welcome back Erin.. I'll add you back to the list, but you will have to remind me of your birthday.

Steph, the whole thing is explained at the top of this post. If you still have questions, let me know and I'll help. :0)

Neener
Your hostess, with the mostest.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2011
9:17 AM

Post #8298953

May 6th. Happy to be back!

Erin

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 8, 2011
9:24 AM

Post #8298961

((blushing)) Ya, know what, I read all of that before and for some reason none of it stuck in my brain. Sorry. I've got it now.

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 8, 2011
9:41 AM

Post #8298990

Juanita, Could you edit the top post to list a link to each persons list next to their name? Like this..

Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886786
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8299102

Great suggestion Steph! ^_^

MARY
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2011
2:41 PM

Post #8299375

I reckon I could do that ladies. Not tonight though. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.

Gotcha Erin!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8299559

Busy day in here. Welcome back, Erin!

Never heard of the Christmas Tree Shops, Mary. Sounds like my kind of place and hope you get good deals on the pots. If it helps and you're looking for hints, I've been collecting Christmas ornaments for decades. Well, isn't there always room for just one more...lol

Yes ma'am she sure did, Char. Tickled pink puts her excitement mildly. And she already has a photo to load up as soon as she gets her puter back.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2011
5:20 PM

Post #8299621

I didn't know that the christmas tree shop sold stuff like that. I will have to check them out. My brother is the manager of the nursery department at our Lowe's =). You know how happy that makes me. Discount! lol. I need some large pots for the dahlias that will be coming from deejay's co-op in the spring. Its good to be back FOTV. I already have part of your present.

Erin =)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8300159

Ladies, our only male member, Ben has asked to be removed. Figured that might happen. :))
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2011
12:49 PM

Post #8300891

Chris i love love it all thanks so much i will get pictue when get camera to cooperate not now for some reason. suet feeder, a beautiful bubbles bell ornament and hangers for things. thanks so much so very very nice.

Faye i have had twins 3 days i beat could not get pk. mailed will tuesday or wed. sorryyyyy hate that I'm so late for yours..
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2011
2:12 PM

Post #8301001

In regards to pruners, I have a large long handled pair of 'loppers' that I use on small branches or small trees. I have 2 different clippers, one ratching and one solid. I use them ALLLLLLL the time. I keep one pair in my car. he he
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2011
3:08 PM

Post #8301116

The reason I asked about pruners is because this pass growing season, I could not find a pair of racheting ones anywhere locally. I have one pair and wanted another.

Thurs, when my daughter and I stopped at Big Lots (she needed a spray can of gold paint) I spotted RACHETING PRUNERS (Black & Decker) at a fantastic price. I bought a pair. Daughter did also.

I had to pay a visit to my daughter today to deliver some play sand that she needed and to bring back two five gallon containers of heating oil. They converted to gas towards the end of last winter when their oil burner konked out. So of course I had to go to the Christmas Tree Shop.

I purchased 2 very large and sturdy planters that are extremely ugly ... I have been doing a lot of thinking outside the box. I am thinking of using them to create a water garden ... 1st thought was to spray paint them a better color ... now I am thinking of 1st coating them with quickrete.

When I went into the kitcken I looked at a carboard box from the grocery store that I was planning to use to hold some of my winter sowing jugs and thought ... hmmmm ... line inside with crumple newspaper (insulation) then plastic ... then apply a heavy coat of quickrete (making sure to have drainage holes that can be easily plugged if need be) ... Walla ... containers that I can use for water garden or just planters. WHAT DO YOU THINK??

MARY
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8301210

Your daughter's "romper room" idea is very creative, Mary. If I had some of the Western themed items she still needs I'd send them to you for her. Are your planters really that horribly ugly? How large are they and what are they made of?

Your goodies will be blowing in the wind tomorrow, Joy. Either them or me. Snow's on the way again. My SIL who lives in the DFW area called all excited today just to say it was snowing and sounded like such a big kid.

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 9, 2011
4:00 PM

Post #8301224

LOL yes it did snow here for most of the afternoon.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2011
4:28 PM

Post #8301279

DFW is in your neck of the woods, Steph? She's flying for a visit here Jan 17-24 and hope she heeds our advice to pack warm clothes. They're saying we won't make it out of the 30's for daytime highs in the foreseeable future.

catzgalore

catzgalore
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 9, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8301357

Yep I live here in DFW. I'm about 10 min south of Ft. Worth down I35W. All the snow is gone now though. We'll be coated morning :p Y'all stay warm up there.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2011
7:52 PM

Post #8301655

Hi everyone! I am back from cold CA to cold TX. We actually had a decent amount of rain while I was gone, and DH tells me that it will be frosty, frosty this week. Yuchhhh.
I do have a notice of a pkg from the PO, will go and get it tomorrow.
Flew into Burbank and boy could you tell it was near Hollywood. I enjoyed all the characters that were at teh airport. Then drove an hour into the mountains and saw actual snow and tremendous winds. Froze all day in the seminar while others in the same room were in short sleeves. Geez. It is always a kick to see the architecture and plants in other areas.
Sat a long time in airports today, Dallas had over half of its flights cancelled due to icing, and we were one of the first ones getting out even though we were late. I am exhausted from sitting all day, gg.

Joy

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8304003

Got a lovely package from Jennifer. She sent me some votive candles, a snowman napkin holder (did you make this?), a shepherd's crook bookmark, and a necklace with a cross on it. Thanks Jennifer.
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

January 11, 2011
6:54 AM

Post #8304235

[quote="rouxcrew"]Got a lovely package from Jennifer. She sent me some votive candles, a snowman napkin holder (did you make this?), a shepherd's crook bookmark, and a necklace with a cross on it. Thanks Jennifer.[/quote]

I am happy that you like your gifts yes the snowman napkin holder is homemade my kids helped me with making it. My kids love doing craft items.

Jennifer
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2011
8:54 AM

Post #8304468

Twyla, I'm glad you liked all of it and it got there safely :) Hope you get to enjoy them for a long time!

Still trying to figure out the box for Joy..I may have to make one like the one I received from a lady on Ebay.. it was a Bisquick box! LOL.. and she sent it that way with the Priority sticker on it!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2011
12:07 PM

Post #8304849

As you all requested I have linked to everyones likes and dislikes pages. Now I just ask that everyone edit their own lists accordingly and frequently. Oh yeah and no one had better drop out now that I have done this. I live to serve... :0)
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

January 11, 2011
1:32 PM

Post #8305039

I am doing a Valentines Day Seed Swap and everyone is welcome to join with they wish.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1148713/

Jennifer
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2011
2:29 PM

Post #8305158

Faye says hello to everyone and sends her love. She has not had a chance to pick up her computer, the least of her worries now since her husband is seriously ill with pneumonia. Please keep these special folks in your T's and P's.

sherman99
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 11, 2011
2:46 PM

Post #8305187

oh dear please convey my wishes for a speedy recovery for her husband to faye. will say prayers for both of them
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

January 11, 2011
3:02 PM

Post #8305225

It is snowy hard here we already got a foot of snow.

I had some people wondering if I would do a Edible Seed Swap so I have started one.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1149020/

Jennifer
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8305253

The snow hasn't started here yet. Glad that I have tomorrow off!

Erin
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2011
3:51 PM

Post #8305310

I'll just ask a general quesiton so I don't have to d-mail all of you seperately.

Who has or likes garden flags? I see some have mentioned garden flags but some haven't. Please let me know.

Thanks,Erin
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2011
4:02 PM

Post #8305349

Erin I have 'em and love 'em. Can always use a flag. I have 2 large poles and 3 of the smaller size.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8305424

Just got back from teh PO with my new box and it was from Faye!!!! She is always so sweet and not even in the club. She sent me six blue bottles for my bottle tree, some aloe sox and some pecans. I will hang them on my new tree as soon as I am not frostbitten and will take a picture. I will need to dmail her to thank her for my spirit magnets!!!!! In the meantime, this was waiting for me when I pulled in the farm from the PO.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2011
4:28 PM

Post #8305435

Erin, I don't like garden flags. Have never found any that "go" with my garden.

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8305473

We love flying flags, Erin. Old Glory flies year-round unless it's raining and there's another large one at the edge of a long garden I change with the Seasons, along with two smaller ones scattered in the gardens and one at the mailbox. Couldn't find a current photo so will show this one from September.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2011
4:47 PM

Post #8305480

I see that you have garden flags mentioned but for some they don't mention. I have found some really cute flags for some of those who don't mention them. You still in to paisley FOTV?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2011
5:12 PM

Post #8305515

Yes, ma'am, I am!

Joy, it might be a while before you get a response from Faye in a D-mail but will let her know how pleased you are with your gifts the next time I talk to her. Her computer is being repaired, but more importantly she really has her hands full with a critically ill husband.

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2011
5:14 PM

Post #8305520

haha! Good!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2011
5:23 PM

Post #8305534

Thanks Fruity, caught that post above mine. I had let mine sit while I loaded the pic of the newborn lamb and it came up after. I have both her and her husband in my prayers. Can't wait to show her the picture of my tree with her bottles on it. And I am wearing her sox right now, took Twyla's with me to CA this weekend and they were fabulous at night in the camper.

We do have two flags that fly in our little roundabout, but they are conventional, TX and A&M's.

I am baching it tonight, Evan is at his dad's and Dave flew to Dallas for a meeting today and won't be back till Friday. Looks like I will be eating posole all by myself tonight. Such a shame! Not.

Joy
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8305564

Joy..so are you saying that you would or wouldn't use a decorative garden flag? Thanks! I will have your present out on friday!

Erin

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8305707

[quote="rouxcrew"]Erin, I don't like garden flags. Have never found any that "go" with my garden.

Joy[/quote]

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 11, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8305805

Hey, all... Just a quick note to say HI! All is well -- just got busy...
Joy, I hope to get your card in the mail tomorrow, but it may not make it until Thursday. I'll let you know when it's on its way.
Hope to have a chance to catch up on my reading of the goings-on soon! :)
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2011
3:34 AM

Post #8305982

Darling little addition there Joy.

We are back in the frozen tundra here. 2 inches of snow (cold have been way worse) and more blowing wind. As soon as it is daylight I have to go out and clean off everything. DH scraping his windshield this morning got me up early. The cool thing is the snowflakes are so so big you can actually see the patterns with the naked eye. Neato!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2011
4:08 AM

Post #8306009

Daughter has a snow day and on any other day she would be happy BUT today was pool day. I guess she really wanted to jump in that pool! Oh well...we can go out and try to build a snow man and play! Have a good day everyone.

Erin
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2011
4:27 AM

Post #8306027

[quote="rouxcrew"] In the meantime, this was waiting for me when I pulled in the farm from the PO.[/quote]

I always loved seeing the new calves when we raised cattle!!! The kids and I use to do bottle babies! :-)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2011
6:50 AM

Post #8306292

FOTV - I LOVE that bird house behind your flag. I'm a flag person. I change with the seasons. SNOW SNOW SNOW! wow. Still coming down out there.

Erin
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2011
8:11 AM

Post #8306448

Joy, loooove that baby!

Erin, I don't have any of the smaller flags butdefinitely do that larger ones. I keep my American one on the front porch going at all times and I have a second one for seasonals. Stay safe with all the s***! We only received 4 inches here.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2011
4:30 PM

Post #8307400

We dodged the s*** bullet and it's supposed to warm up into the mid 40's over the week-end. Who hoo. Looks like my SIL is going to be greeted by a cold rain when she arrives Tuesday.

Hubby's into bird houses, wind chimes too, and my late Mom gave him that condo for Christmas years ago. It's starting to look a tad shabby chic but the birdies don't seem to mind.

Check around, Joy, and see if you can find the notice your mail carrier left for you today. Are you up to your eyeballs bottle feeding?

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2011
5:10 PM

Post #8307471

Yes, I got the mail at 4:25, 5 minutes before our office closes so I will go and get my prezzie tomorrow,Woo Hoo! and TIA Susan. I am so covered up right now with dogs in two houses, cats in two houses, ducklings, lambs, bottle lambs, freezing weather, etc. and being all alone. Not that I can't do it, I am just not programmed right now for all that stuff. And about the time I get there, Dave and Evan will be back home.
The toughest part is feeding four bottle lambs. I can usually manage three but not four so I have to separate two and feed that way. Keep trying to get my students to take them home but no takers.
Just got done rearranging the makeshift warm house to put the two new chenille plants in. Added another lamp to keep everything warm. After tonight it will warm up again.

Don't know how y'all can stand it. We worked dogs this morning after chores and I was bundled up in my insulated overalls and Carhartt jacket, neck gaitor, glove/mittens, and an ear band. Wasn't exactly cold, but felt like the Michelin man waddling around.

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8307541

My hat's off to you keeping up with the farm and what a myriad of critters to have to take care of by yourself, Joy. Not to mention your regular classes. If anybody else is like me, we handle cold snowy days by hibernating with a good book, a simmering pot of soup or stew, and don't go out unless we absolutely have to. How cold is it there?

You're next in line, Chris, and think I pretty much have you pegged.

While looking ahead, Maggie, you sneaked and deleted most of your haves/ wants. Come on, girlie, give us a few more clues :)

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8307553

I was thinking the same thing fruity! I was trying to figure some things for Maggie too. I do the same thing when we get s***. Hibernate and don't go out unless absolutely have to.

Erin
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2011
8:20 PM

Post #8307751

Hello ladies! I'm playing catch up with everything around here lately. I never thought a hospital stay/surgery recovery could slow me down like that! Shheeeeeesh! I'm great now though and I'm getting things out to some special birthday people. :) Karen, the estimated delivery date for your package is the 25th, and Twyla, yours is the 24th. Be on the lookout for qvc boxes. Joy, I'll be shopping for yours on Friday and HOPEFULLY mailing (I'm getting out of the house! YAY!).

I'll add a couple things to my "likes", BUT...you're not allowed to laugh! Really, a simple birthday card is the perfect gift.

Now, let's see if I can find time to take this tree down...it's still standing in all it's glory. :)

As soon as I figure out how to get back to my list, I'll edit. I swear, if my head wasn't attached, I'd lose it!

This message was edited Jan 13, 2011 8:36 AM

Thumbnail by MaggieHanson

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2011
9:01 PM

Post #8307783

Maggie,
So glad you are on the mend. I remember the year that Evan was born, on January 14, and when I got home from the hospital, there was my tree still standing in the living room. One of my friends took it down when she came to visit me and the baby. I was recovering from surgery and just didn't have energy to get it done. She thought it was awful for it to still be up, I kinda liked looking at it. gg
Love to snuggle up with a cuppa tea or hot chocolate. In fact I bundled up on the couch around 8, drank my hot tea and just now woke up with dogs in my face saying, "Where's dinner??? We'd get it ourselves but we can't figure out who would divide it equally!" Then the lambs started yelling from teh back porch. And I now have one of those couch cricks in my neck. So I kinda look like Quasimoto or Renfield wandering around here. Just need to drag a foot and ring some bells.

Joy
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2011
9:31 PM

Post #8307811

Last year I left my tree up until VALENTINES DAY! I decided to take it down then because I didn't want to have to dust the bulbs! I kinda like Christmas...A LOT! :)
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 12, 2011
11:23 PM

Post #8307849

Joy, your card is in the mail, signed by me and my guide dog :)
Michelle
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2011
11:44 PM

Post #8307857

Michelle, did I miss your birthday?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 13, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8307997

Good to see you Maggie!! Keep hanging in there. You didn't miss Michelle. She is coming up in a few months.

Joy I have a visual of you all bundled up. I looked the same yesterday morning when I went out to shovel. Have one of those Carhartt coveralls. Great except they don't make them for women. Got a men's small and I have to rollup the legs and the sleeves. It's a sight for sure.

Cold wind blowing yet again today and I have to go out to the doctor for a fun little procedure. Once that is over I will be dancing a jig. Well maybe not today, but tomorrow.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 13, 2011
8:03 AM

Post #8308330

Neener, good luck on your procedure. I have found that I can get a pair of insulateds from the boys section and they fit much better. Usually Boys XL, and the lengths are just right. I quit with coveralls because they were too limiting. I have gone to overalls and a jacket. Like it much better. I have two pairs, one that has knots in the straps so they will be short enough in the crotch and another that is supposed to be water "proof". This year I wanted a pink pair, but they didn't fit right. And they were supposed to be women's sizes. Oh well, I only have to wear them a handful of times a year, mostly at sheepdog trials.
Went to a late breakfast, and picked up my box. All I can say Susan is Wow, the pitcher is unbelieveable and I love it!!!!! Pics later, gotta go check on animals.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 13, 2011
4:32 PM

Post #8309219

Hi Gals!

Where's those nuzzles from Charley to keep me warm?

Your tree's gorgeous, Maggie! Mine's still up too, waiting for my SIL next week so we can have our late family celebration. Hope to cajole her into helping me take it down since well over 1/2 the ornaments came from her over the years. I had no idea you were still cooped up. Did you get any snow? Here's the link to likes / dislikes. Promise I won't laugh and think you love candles as much as I do.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107561/

Sounds like everything made it in one piece, Joy.

How you feeling, Neener?

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 13, 2011
6:20 PM

Post #8309428

Fruity,

Everything is wonderful. The amaryllis isn't in the picture because I was potting it up when I took the photo. It isn't as pretty as the picture of it yet. Toe socks, haven't seen those since junior high. Mine were so thick that they were uncomfortable to wear in shoes, these seem very thin and should be comfortable. The pitcher is beyond gorgeous and is one that I will treasure. Look at all the antique roses on it!!!! and it is a very nice one as well. I can't believe that you were willing to part with it but I truly love it. Thanks so much,

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 13, 2011
6:24 PM

Post #8309443

And here is my presents from Jennifer. Didn't get them posted earlier.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8309486

What a nice set of presents, Joy! I sent yours out today so you should have it on the big day...hopefully. That antique picture is so pretty.

Maggie, so good to see you back!
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2011
7:15 PM

Post #8309531

Very nice presents Joy! Makes these frigid days a little more bearable bringing joy and smiles to our friends.

MARY
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 13, 2011
7:27 PM

Post #8309548

Chocolates would have been in your box too, if I'd had any in the house. What a weakness. You know this Summer when it's blazing hot and Old Man Winter is just a memory, it'll really make my day seeing a bouquet of your real roses gracing the pitcher :)

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 13, 2011
7:45 PM

Post #8309568

It will be a pleasure ma'am. I have been perusing the Antique Rose Emporium's catalog for ideas since it is too cold to visit them. I originally thought I would get some heirloom perrenials but I am now thinking that I might get a couple more roses. I really love the bright yellows and there are a couple antiques that don't fade or brown and are really smelly. I had one before the big freeze last year. It wasn't established enough because of the drought and the frigid temps just finished it off. The pitcher is sitting in the middle of my hoosier shelf right now, just looking pretty.

Joy
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 14, 2011
3:30 AM

Post #8309788

Great stuff there Joy!! Love that pitcher. You got big plans for tomorrow??

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2011
4:20 AM

Post #8309807

Happy Birthday Joy! Hope to get your present out soon. I will let you know when its on its way! Have a great day!

Erin

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 14, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8310064

Today is Evan's birthday so we went out to eat breakfast this morning. He is planning on going out with friends tonight. I will be in Austin tomorrow at a sheepdog clinic, probably in rain, 48 degrees. What a way to spend a b'day. The three of us will go to a nice restaurant maybe Monday evening before Evan has to be back at school. I will let y'all know.

Thanks,

Joy
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 14, 2011
7:24 AM

Post #8310079

Tell that handsome son of yours Happy Birthday from one of his fans. :))
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 14, 2011
8:13 AM

Post #8310178

Happy Birthday Joy, to both you and your son.

MARY
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2011
11:55 AM

Post #8310496

Just went out and bought Joy's bday present. =) Hope to have it in the air tomorrow.

Erin =)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 14, 2011
3:35 PM

Post #8310798

Ditto ...Happy Birthday to Evan today! Oh to be 20-something again, or at least a few less decades closer to it...lol

Faye asked me today to thank y'all for keeping her hubby in your T's & P's and wanted you to know he's doing a little bit better, but still has a long way to go.

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2011
3:42 PM

Post #8310810

Joy, your pressie is in the mail! Was able to get to the post office before it closed today!

Erin
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

January 15, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8311455

Happy birthday Joy!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 15, 2011
6:33 AM

Post #8311593

Bob wanted to be sure I included him in your Happy Birthday wishes today Joy. So please, have rip roaring good time and know that I am reveling in the fact that you are now older than I am. :)))
Happy Birthday my dear friend!

Neener
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 15, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8311783

Happy birthday, Joy...and a belated one to Evan as well. Have fun!!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 15, 2011
9:05 AM

Post #8311800

Happy Birthday Joy! Have a great day!

Erin
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 15, 2011
12:10 PM

Post #8312051

Happy Birthday, Joy! Ewes a great girlfriend.
sherman99
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 15, 2011
12:58 PM

Post #8312133

Happy Birthday Joy-

sent your a dmail

sherman/karen

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 15, 2011
6:43 PM

Post #8312575

Received a lovely card from Michelle, it had embossed ladybugs on it. Thanks! And Karen gave me a renewal on my DG subscription so y'all are stuck with me for a while.

Back to the clinic tomorrow. Our B'day dinner is Monday.

Joy
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2011
8:37 AM

Post #8313350

[quote="rouxcrew"]
The toughest part is feeding four bottle lambs. I can usually manage three but not four so I have to separate two and feed that way.

Joy[/quote]

I use to feed 15-20 bucket calves year round. I would buy them at the sale barn, take them home and raise them to about 300 lbs and sell them. It was a good learning experience for my two young 'ins. We did that from the time they were about 4 & 9 until they graduated high school. I used the buckets because they were so much easier than the bottles. They have a ball & seat in them so that all the calf had to do was bite on the nipple and it would squirt the milk out. They were especially great for the weaker babies that didn't have much 'suck 'um' power.

I have been down in my back since Christmas Day. Haven't been able to work since then. Hence, your birthday gift is late. I will get it to you ... I HAVEN'T forgotten you.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2011
8:48 AM

Post #8313372

[quote="rouxcrew"]Maggie,
I remember the year that Evan was born, on January 14
[/quote]

My brother and grand daughter share the 14th as their birthday!

My tree is still standing also, after being down in my back since Christmas Day, EVERYTHING is still up. I finally, this week, was able to gather decorations all in one place so when DH brings my containers in, I can pack them up. Got the tree un-decorated, but DH will have to take it apart. It is an 8' pre-lit tree and too heavy for me to take apart. I would leave my Christmas decorations up all year if I could. I love having the tree and my villages all lit up!
sherman99
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 16, 2011
10:10 AM

Post #8313469

i wish i had the space to leave my village up all year. i also love looking at the lights.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2011
5:16 PM

Post #8314152

I wasn't near my computer yesterday.. so happy belated birthday, Joy :) Hope you had a great day!
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2011
8:50 AM

Post #8315136

i had a small accident been down few days trying to get mymind down and keep on i do not let things drag me down this far but it did.. i'm coming back up.. i will he is with me, thAT I DO KNOW or would not be here,.

Faye forgive me for not getting in mail I'm going top.o. little while.. so forgive me..

blessings everyone.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2011
8:54 AM

Post #8315141

take care of yourself Twyla. Will put you in my prayers so you will get to feeling better.

Patti
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2011
4:35 AM

Post #8316648

snow day today! Really icy out there. Stay safe.

Erin
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2011
6:21 AM

Post #8316789

New Thread Ladies!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1150066/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1150066/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America