Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Needle Arts: Jazz up your jeans

Communities > Forums > Needle Arts
bookmark
Forum: Needle ArtsReplies: 10, Views: 93
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 2, 2011
2:29 PM

Post #8288680

Gorgeous This is a knitted scarf: grab, throw around your neck - jeans are jazzed up and run.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen
Click the image for an enlarged view.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 2, 2011
2:30 PM

Post #8288683

like this: lot's of flounce

Thumbnail by helenethequeen
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2011
4:07 PM

Post #8288833

Helene, is that double or triple crochet? Two or three in each chain???

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 2, 2011
5:53 PM

Post #8289107

Barb it is gorgeous done in nice plain yarn like debbi bliss cashmarino or such for up north. knitted...on round needles. I have to tweek the pattern some after re-doing this. this is a gift for b-d for margie who only wears jeans and t-shirts.
I bought a faux vest for here because it is sooo cold and want this for me. Never like to much up front because i shrink too much. but this is nice.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2011
3:18 AM

Post #8289491

I sure do understand cold!!!!! I've only been out of the house twice since Christmas. It got so cold and windy that I would lose my breath when I went out so I stayed in!!!!
I really do like that scarf. Would love directions (yes, even knitted ones) when you can. I have a wonderful fiber arts studio not too far from here and I'm sure I could find something delightful to use for that...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 6, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8295218

I keep sayinng "Helene is the WOMAN"!!!! Ain't nothing she can't figure a way to make.

Now that it's cold, and I have evenings free, I need to do make that patchwork looking afghan. Hopefully the instructions are in the bag with the yarn. The cats are going to love me!!!!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 7, 2011
2:24 PM

Post #8297745

Jean, they'll be in your lap as you crochet. Wish you could knit that scarf is soo fun.

Not doing anything soon, DH in PCU at Lakewood Medical Center. From well to very bad just in 4 hours, due to a test.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 7, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8297847

Helene - hope it's nothing serious.
Oh, I can knit it just takes me forever and I have to think about every stitch. I've done 2 vests. Each took me a couple years. One I made for my Dad & we couldn't even shrink it to make it small enough.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2011
4:27 PM

Post #8297970

Helene, I'm keeping your DH in my prayers. Please keep us posted when you can.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 7, 2011
8:23 PM

Post #8298320

with all my s..t going on I have to LOL
learning to gauge in knitting is hard. but this scarf is a no brainer it is fun for the wearer

Chris went in for a gall stone removal which is an opp of colonoscopie came out fine, went into a toal digestive arrest, To his favor - that he was active- played soccer until he was 63 - Now 76- . We are working on bringing him back.

OMG .Talk about pushing your face into a glass door...

TU ladies, I am not one to spread news. But this helps.OMG. Kids are coming back tomorrow, they were just here fot the H-D Thanks for caring...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2011
5:08 AM

Post #8298598

You know we care Helene. Please keep us posted on how he is doing. You and your family will remain in my prayers...Barb

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Needle Arts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Crochet! celia 23 Nov 21, 2012 4:52 AM
Society Silk Embroidery repair. Jeansgarden 5 Sep 22, 2009 7:28 PM
Hand embroidery MaryinLa 24 May 5, 2009 3:59 PM
Baby rings from 1992 crochet pattern LavinaMae 64 Jul 21, 2014 12:58 PM
Santa Claus mits ViolaAnn 19 May 5, 2011 12:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America