Photo by Melody
We want to hear from you! Please take this short, anonymous survey to help us improve the DG home page.

Article: Citrus seeds = easy houseplants!: Do we have a lemon or grapefruit tree?

Communities > Forums > Article: Citrus seeds = easy houseplants!
Forum: Article: Citrus seeds = easy houseplants!Replies: 1, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
Columbus, IN

January 3, 2011
9:33 AM

Post #8290080

My Son in Los Gatos, CA has what he was told is a "Lemon" tree. It bloomed for the first time. The fruit is VERY large ... larger than any grapefruit I have ever seen!!
The leaves are about 5 inches long ... like a "grapefruit" tree, but have a small "leaflet" atttached to the leaf at the bottom... and branches have thorns up to 2 inches long.
The fruit is still green ... possibly beginning to change to yellow. Can this be super sized lemons, grapefruit ... or another fruit? I have a picture I could send, but could not find how to attach to this message.

Bud of Columbus, Indiana

Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 3, 2011
1:35 PM

Post #8290453

Hi Bud.
Best idea is if you can go to the Plant ID Forum here at this link
and post your question with the photo. When you write your message, look below that box for the small field labeled "Image: " with Browse... next to it.
Good luck! Thanks for reading.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Citrus seeds = easy houseplants! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy is so true! podster 4 Aug 14, 2012 5:51 PM
Good phicks 3 Nov 15, 2008 4:29 PM
What fruit to expect of citrus seedlings dpmichael 10 Nov 29, 2008 10:02 PM
citrus seeds bunt 1 Nov 11, 2008 2:45 PM
Citrus seeds jvdl1 2 Nov 11, 2008 2:41 PM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America