Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

What A Girl Wants Block Of The Month-Block #1

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

This is Miss January, block #1 of What A Girl Wants. It's called Lipstick Star! I will post when I have the instructions up. It can be done in fusible, hand stitch or raw edge stitch applique. I couldn't resist sharing it! I'll have the download up soon for the pieces.

This message was edited Jan 5, 2011 9:19 PM

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

How cool is that??? Now you have me intrigued. I was trying to figure out how to do the lips???????

Lexington Park, MD

That is way cool. And the colors go pop.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

OMG - how cute is that!!!!! You definatley have a "vision"!!!!!!!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

Block #1 instructions are up! let's have fun!

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-MojoQuiltDesigns/-strse-9/Free-Block-of-the/Detail.bok

Henagar, AL(Zone 7b)

hahaha I was pondering how to "do lips" also, I like the lipsticks better.

Henagar, AL(Zone 7b)

and thank you Sondra, I just downloaded my copy of your block hope I can do it. I will show and tell, lol.

Don't know why but when I click on the lick I get a message "sorry page cannot be found".

Lexington Park, MD

Samething happens to me .

Well, guess the 6th was the only day to get it and we were all goofing off elsewhere!!!!!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I think Intuit had some maintenance going on. Go to www.mojoquiltdesigns.com and click on the Free block of the month link on the left.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I got it and can make copies if any one wants.

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

yay! it wasn't really down, they were getting rid of the hstrial tag in my URL. This one should work!

http://stores.mojoquiltdesigns.com/-strse-Free-Block-of-the-Month/Categories.bok

Lexington Park, MD

I got it and thank you. It looks like alot of fun.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Just when I think I have myself "disciplined' into doing nothing but swaps due, and PHD's (ufo's) you come along and give us a fun new project to HAVE to do... LOL Love ya.. ^_^

Sondra, I read throught the directions and the only thing I might do different is to cut my background square at 13" and then do the applique and THEN cut back to 12.5". Sometimes we pull the sides in and shrink the background a bit and not know it with applique. Just a thought...

Lexington Park, MD

That is a good idea. Barb Did you have a class today on the new sewing machine?

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I sat there last night just about pulling my hair out, trying to get the hang of EQ7 and drawing applique in the program. It was easier to just do it the old fashioned way:) I will master that darn program one way or another!

I won't even attempt it unless I'm really desparate for something to do. I love pieced quilts and play with those but when it comes to applique I leave the designs to others......
No class today for my machine. The teacher is ill so we have rescheduled for the 20th. That's okay, I sure have enough to keep me busy.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Yes, I'm looking forward to playing with this some time.

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

sneak peek at the sashings :)

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter
Lexington Park, MD

So colorful. Good job.

My little cousins would love these colors!!!!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

Block #2 will be posted soon!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

That is so cute!!!! My GD will love these....

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I put up a photo tutorial with the pattern link on my Facebook Wall. If anyone wants to get started on this, send me a friend request. I'll try to have it on the website this weekend.

Kathy I don't do facebook - will it be on your web page?

That's what I'm thinking Barb, I have a 17 Y,O, grand daughter, I think will just love this.

My GDs are 12, 10, 7 and almost 4. The 12 and 10 are into sports totally and woulndn't like this one. But the other two are real girly girls. I'll need to think of a way to make these separate. How many blocks are you planning? Maybe I could make throws for them with each getting half and not need to duplicate the blocks????

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Barb, my guess is 12 blocks....as she is doing BOM ??

have you seen ....Pat Sloan is doing a Mystery quilt??!!!
http://patsloan.typepad.com/pat_sloans_corner/2011-happiness-key-mystery/

I have enough to do right now, but I am following both of these!!!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

the plan is for 9 blocks, the 9th being posted in September so it can be completed by Christmas. I've had requests for 12 blocks so in the summer I'll add an additional 3 optional blocks. Barb, if you have something special in mind for the girls I can design special blocks for your quilts:)

Lexington Park, MD

I just love the block.
Barb maybe same patterns just differnt colors. One quilt pinks other quilt purples. Just an idea.

Sondra what is your FB name? Mine is Karen Brown Koschke, any one can friend request me who wants. Just be aware, you'll have to look at lots of pictures of my grands and greats. LOL

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

mine is under Sondra Stormy Millard. Stormy is my Outlaw Quilters name:)

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

here is the first row!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

a better one

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Sondra, it's coming along nicely!

My granddaughters love these and can't wait!!!!

Sondra, I've looking for where you posted your Halloween quilt and can't find it! Did you post a pic of this one finished?

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

i tried all the links for the pattern, NG! Options?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.