Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Kitchens: your opinion on putting a sink in a corner in a kitchen

Communities > Forums > Kitchens
bookmark
Forum: KitchensReplies: 5, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

January 6, 2011
8:08 PM

Post #8296447

looking at a floor plan that has the sink at the the end of a counter that over looks a dining room, no wall behind it. There is no counter at the right side of the sink it just ends.
I would like to position the sink so that it is farther to the left, giving me counter on both sides. But the counter is too short. Can I put the sink in the corner?
Just wondering what it would look like. If anyone has a corner sink, I would love to see a picture. Thank you.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 7, 2011
5:29 AM

Post #8296802

WE have a corner sink & love it. I don't know about not having counter next to it.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Click the image for an enlarged view.

FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

January 7, 2011
10:38 PM

Post #8298384

Thank you for that pic!
That is so helpful, I like the way the back area is raised a little, like a ledge. cool idea... Mine won't have a window though, one side will just be wall on the left, the right will be open w nothing there, facing the dining area. There would be some counter on the right side though to set things. Your sink is beautiful, love the plants!
nohren4
Cowden, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2011
10:31 AM

Post #8313500

We're remodelling, and have thought about doing this as well. Have you found any pictures or anything online? I've been looking but have turned up empty.
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

January 16, 2011
2:39 PM

Post #8313889

I seen a corner sink a week or so ago, and it was very nice! I didn't get a picture but it was nice.
ghopper
Brewster, MN
(Zone 4b)

January 18, 2011
7:29 AM

Post #8316928

Just a couple of things to remember, keep your plumbing lines where you can reach them. Mine are as far from the front as they can get and are impossible for a normal size person to reach. It's hard to clean and open the window above the sink, too. Still, the above window in to die for!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Kitchens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
If you were replacing a countertop, what would you choose? LooneyLinda 198 Apr 30, 2014 6:14 PM
As requested on another thread, here's my kitchen re-do Connie_G 53 Jun 3, 2007 5:32 AM
anyone use Sears to reface cabinets? ssdogwood 15 Aug 3, 2007 10:21 PM
Our kitchen is done ! CountryGardens 24 Oct 13, 2007 3:12 PM
Stainless Steel Appliances - Any suggestions?? azrobin 18 Jun 3, 2010 3:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America