My request for who is still in DG

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I just want to know who I have loved here for so long is still here? Please list who signed up this year 2011. Where are those who I haven't seen for so long?

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Im still around, usually only posting when I have a stupid question or two.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Still here, though, sometimes I lurk.
I love it here in the NW.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

I'm more of a lurker but I do post when I have guestions.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Steve, Julie and I are still here. Just seems like the holidays have taken a lot more time than usual. We are also wondering about many of the other "regulars."

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Still kicking up in the north country. Perhaps some are hibernating for the winter.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Still here..not much going on this time of year in Silverton. Rain,cold weather and an aweful looking garden at this time of year. Spring will come to life soon (I hope) and there will be beauty in the Willamette Valley again. Yippie!! Can't wait for my frog friends to return!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Salem, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi Guys!! I am new here but a friendly person suggested that I check out this forum!!! I am in salem, or and excited to make some new friends!!
Lisa

Olympia, WA

Fickle girl, here. I have been w/ DG for a LONG time - but it is like doing a square dance as I go round and round with the various forums.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome, Summer Flower. Not much happening in the duldroms of winter here, but come spring we'll all be bouncing.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Ah spring, when a gardeners thoughts turn to buds and bugs. Winter is the worst time of year for us summer gardeners. I have some tiny little daffodil buds just starting to stick their heads above ground. And I have some brugmansia starts that have sprouted leaves and will be going outside in three or four months. Bring on the sunshine!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I've been away for quite a while, haven't checked in for ages. These days I'm mostly on FB-I miss the folks here, but enjoy being able to consolidate lots of my interests in one place. Plus, I needed to not even think about plants for awhile, but I'm starting to gear up for a better 2011 (I hope, anyway!).

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Still here.

Lake Stevens, WA

Welcome summerflower!!!

I'm here and branching out to other forums. Lots of great people and plants out there.

I have been ordering seeds and getting my greenhouse ready for planting.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Let me guess SC, you've found the heuchera and coleus people...??

Lake Stevens, WA

You bet BH, and the lovely people over on the dayliliy forum. Just love to see and here about what others are doing. The days are getting longer!!!!!!!

Glad you made it over summerflower!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm here, though kind of busy with work and family, so I don't currently have much in the way of gardening to share. I am glad you asked this question, since I have also been wondering about the well being of people I have not seen post in a while.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Yes I too was interested on where everyone is and I do know that winter is kind of slow. I have been here a long time and so many are gone that were daily posters. I have limited access when not at home so don't post either. Keep em coming! Welcome summerflower, mstish, and springflower.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I have not been around much, other than lurking. In October and November I was having a lot of chest pains. After the run around from my cardiologist who was not in the least concerned and outright lied about the results of some tests, then switching to a new doctor, I had angioplasty on Dec 3 for an artery that was 95% blocked. Recent tests have revealed the heart completely healed itself after the plasty so that is good news. I was on restricted activities until last week and of course did not do much at all during the time I wasn't feeling well with the chest pains and all.

Salem, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi guys, you all are great and thank you for the warm welcome!! Wow Gwendalou you have really been through it! I am glad your doing good now though!!!

Lake Stevens, WA

Gwen,
So glad you are feeling better!! Take care.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome summerflower.
Wow Gwen! What an adventure. Did you report that doctor?

I have been lazing around. My back spasmed-up, then couldn't go to the chiropractor because I had an ugly headcold. Laid-out for three days and now must clean up around here because kids are coming out tomorrow with dinner for twelve or so other family members. I get to sit in a corner and watch. LOL
DH is having weird memory losses that make things lively. Looking forward to the warm weather again. Don't like the icy weather.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Wow Gwen! Take him/her to a report to the licensing bureau so that DR has to answer or even if you can't prove anything the board of governors will have a heads up next report. There probably have been many.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Gwen, wow, glad you've healed up well-what a scary Dr. experience. You always want to think your doctor is wise and good, glad you left and found someone better and got the treatment you needed.

I forgot to say "welcome" to summerflower! Can hardly really say I'm qualified to welcome you after not being around for months, but that doesn't mean I don't have friendly intentions!

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Ah, yes, a warm welcome to you summerflower. When life calms down a bit I know many more will reappear. My daughter, Rarejem, is here tonight and we just finisned putting the christmas tree out with strings of popcorn and pinecones filled with a peanut butter suet. If the bear doesn't show up tonight the birds will have an unusually nice morning. Julie gives her greeting to all.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Yes, I am going to report him. I was waiting for the final test results back so I could give the whole picture. Am also hoping to not have to pay for any portion of his bill. ;)

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Right on!

Hey guys, get into winter indoor plants, I currently have 2 Christmas cactus, 2 Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) and an orchid blooming, and it looks like I may get another off Pelargonium triste later. In between being Dad, Hubby, general repair man, and horticultural guy. I have started to post to Blogger: http://foolforexoticplants.blogspot.com/ . Not that its going to be a hot seller, but its where I post without having to worry if its the right forum, and I confess to my playing with new things.

And I forgot to mention Narcissus 'Paperwhite Ziva' that has stopped blooming, but I miss the perfumed house. All the Narcissus and Hippeastrums will be planted out when I can for better growth, recovery and blooming in the winter next year. I already have a space picked out. The Narcissus is said to not recover very well, but a plant is a plant, and I will see what happens when the time comes.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I have given up on house plants. I potted up some chives this fall for winter treats and it is only barely straggling along. The rest of my indoor tropicals are either dead or dying. Out with them all.

Olympia, WA

The only real success story I have on house plants, Bonehead, is the christmas cactus. Lordy lordy.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I do have one Christmas cactus that seems to survive my efforts and reliably blooms one week befgore Thansgiving. It was a gift when my mother-in-law passed away years ago, and all I can figure is she must be helping me out with that one.

Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

Checking in. Lurking mostly as the holidays and family have taken more time than usual. Not much gardening now but getting geared up for starting seeds with kids for garden.

Yes, there are a lot of plants that need more sun than we can provide these days. Not to mention the winter blooming pelargoniums I got. Only one is flowering. Sigh.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I'm still here, too, lurking around.

Lake Stevens, WA

Hi Lynn
How are you doing? I am building a homemade cloner, how is yours and any tips?

Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm still here, just kissed 2010 goodbye with a 'good riddance' for good measure. I've spent almost 0 hours in the garden. I'm hoping spring will get my interest again. I miss everyone, just haven't had the energy. I have a huge seed box still organized from last year if anyone wants to come by and browse. I'm doing very few, if any, seeds this year.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

In and out. On this forum, watching just a few threads.

Ongoing best wishes to your Princess. I hope she gets all her Hard Times out of the way soon, and the rest of her life is much easier.

Clearly she comes from tough stock.

Corey

(Judi)Portland, OR

Still here, just busy.

Gwen - sorry to hear of all your troubles, but glad that you found resolution. If nothing happens after you report that doc, can we at least tp his office?

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Still here, and spending a lot of time wondering where all my "free" time to play on the puter has gone.

Welcome Summerflower!

Gwen, what a frustrating experience! Glad you are feeling better!

Sofer, glad your GD is doing as well as possible.... although we have not been on much, you and your family have been constantly in our thoughts and we have been sending good wishes your way.

Bonehead, I am glad to know that I am not the only one who can grow bunches outside but not so much inside!

I am enjoying a few days in sunny Sun City AZ... belated holidays spent with the inlaws. It is SO nice to be outside and DRY at the same time!!!!! Can't escape reality totally though, as I have awork related web conference in a half an hour... isn't technology grand?!?!?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.