Need info on Disney LAND

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I am planning to take my two grandsons on vacation this coming spring or summer. I would like input on all phases of planning this trip to Anaheim. THANK YOU!

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

The hotels on Harbor Blvd. are half the price of the Disneyland hotels and most are within walking distance. When we go for a weekend we stay at the Candy Cane Inn and walk to the park.

Thank you for your help. If I have other questions, may I dmail you?

Get your picture taken by one of the Disney Photographers that are roaming around and you might see your picture displayed that night at the show that's broadcast each night called: 'The Magic, the Memories and You'

If your grand kids are old enough to stand for an hour or so, the World of Color that is shown in California Adventure each night is well worth the wait. See about getting a fast pass early.

The fireworks they have now are great seen from the middle of Main Street in Disneyland.

Fantasmick is a good show, but the viewing area is limited. Got to get there early.

Favorite ride is 'Soaring over California', in California Adventure.

Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel is good if the kids are young. They have a Pirate themed Castaway Cove A Watery Pirate Playground.

If you have a car and get sick of Park Food or Prices, just head south on Harbor and within a few miles you'll see plenty of places to eat.

We're going back in April for a weekend.

I was typing while you posted. Of course, D-Mail me with questions. We're 2 hours south of there, so we go anytime we have visitors and just for the heck of it.

Mary

This information is great - THANKS! I will be going with my son and his two boys, ages 7 and 9. The kids and I are flying to Las Vegas, staying with my son and driving to Disneyland. We planned on staying 2 days - does that sound like enough time?

It's never enough time! LOL It's a great start though, and you'll see most of what you want without burn-out! I'm usually tired enough to want to go home after 2 days. The cast members are very friendly and helpful. A smile and a friendly word and they're ready to spill all their secrets and help you have the best of times.

Wonderful information - we can't wait to go - I was there, once, about 20 years ago - I suspect there have been a great many changes. What I remember most was the little squirrel and sparrow that age peanuts out of my hand - amazing!

Is there a zoo nearby, perchance?

There is the LA Zoo, probably within an hour's drive .... but I've never been there. Reviews say it's not as good as the San Diego Zoo. 2 hours south is the beautiful San Diego Zoo. It's really gorgeous. A true lush garden spot with incredible and rare plants and trees and one of the best animal collections in the world. They've had successful breeding programs, including Pandas. Much prettier than the Wild Animal Park in Escondido.

You might think about getting a city pass which includes 3 days at Disney, 1 day at Universal Studios, 1 day at Sea World in San Diego, and 1 day at the San Diego Zoo. http://www.citypass.com/southern-california

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Okay, so this thread has inspired me! I am trying to plan a trip for November, just before Thanksgiving. Of course with the price of airfare jumping every other day and there being about a million hotels that claim to be close it is a little unsettling. So here is my question...I need a hotel that truly is within walking distance for a 5 year old, but is reasonably priced. Do you know anything about the Fairfield Inn that claims to be across the street? How about the Howard Johnson that located right there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

One more question please...Which airport do we fly into? LAX or Santa Ana John Wayne? If it is cheaper to fly into LAX is it worth the extra hassle? Thanks!

Never tried the Fairfield Inn. I've stayed at the Howard Johnsons and it's clean and comfortable. Make sure you request a park view side, that way you can watch the fireworks from your room if you or your kids are tired from the long day at the park.

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

California here we come! We leave on 11/19 and come back to Houston on 11/22. Not a really long trip, but hopefully enough time to see the park. Our little one turns 5 on 11/20, so what could be better than to spend your birthday at Disneyland. We booked at the Best Western Mini Suites. GIves us a little extra space since there are 5 of us (including 2 teenagers). Trying to figure out the fast pass thing. We haven't told the kids yet and don't plan to until we get to the airport. The little one hasn't ever ridden on an airplane although he really wants to, so even getting there will be an adventure. I'm really excited and hope the kids will be when they find out. Plan to have a video camera going when we tell them, don't want to miss that reaction.

We just came from Disneyland and may I recommend you go to google.com and put in 'Disneyland + fastpass' - you will find that most of the 'small world' stuff does not have a fastpass. When we were there in July, most of the fastpass machines were turned off and several of the rides were down. We waited up to 2 hours to get the kids on a ride!

We were there again on August 20th. 10 minutes wait for many rides and the longest was 40 minutes for the newer Star Tours ride. I know there must be some reason why some visits have long waits and some don't. Because I live within driving distance I treated myself to a yearly pass, so I'm never frantic to 'have to' do it all at once anymore.

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Well I think the time period we are going is supposed to be busy, but with kids in school and of course the little one's birthday we will just have to make the best of it. If nothing else, I bet that we can get on most of the rides that he wants to ride. The two older boys (14 and 16) will have go off by themselves and they can chose to wait in line or not. They at least understand the concept of waiting in a long line.

The older boys will probably enjoy the ones with the latest effects. Star Tours was worth it for the 3-D effects along with the seats that move to them.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 8a)

I went to Disneyland in May for my birthday. We stayed at the Carousel Inn which after reading the online reviews on trip advisor I was concerned but it was very nice, beautiful rooms, free valet parking and right across the street from Disneyland. Of course the only thing we used the room for was to sleep and storm our clothes but it was perfect and the staff was very nice and helpful.

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Getting closer...I am excited. Of course the kids aren't because they don't know...Yes, very sneaky, I know.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.