Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
hobbshome
North Hampton, NH

January 10, 2011
6:26 AM

Post #8302104

Thanks for the article. Our bergenia plant has never bloomed. Its foliage seems fine and, in fact, I've divided the plant. I've tried three different locations, increasing the exposure to the sun. It gets watered with other plants when necessary in the Summer; and in the past couple of years, rainfall and snow totals have been good in our area. We live on seacoast NH where we do get snow and cold temperatures although not as severe as many people would expect. Any suggestions appreciated.
lortay
Navan
Ireland

January 28, 2011
4:02 AM

Post #8334554

Hi,
I can't think of a reason why your Bergenia should be so shy. All the hybrids flowers even from small divisions, although B. cordifolia can be a bit shy at times. If it is in situ. for 3 years, I would give up and seek a new form ( unless you are happy with just the fine foliage of course).

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Beguiling Bergenia Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Elephants Ears! NEILMUIR1 4 Jan 23, 2010 4:11 PM
Like 'em!! Petalpants 0 Jan 23, 2010 2:58 PM
Bergenia roseloversandy 2 May 27, 2013 8:53 AM
Suffering bergenia ARWadoo 3 Jan 29, 2010 7:55 AM
Thanks for the article about Bergenia abbeyrooney 1 Jan 25, 2010 2:12 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America