Fancy Trail?

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

My young trailer got the first flower, it's delicate pink. I love the leaf variegation, she started branching nicely. Am I right about her ID?

Thumbnail by carpathiangirl
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Fancy Trail is a dbl pink variegated,so I think you are right.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks Lynn, I'd love to see her pics when mature.

Here's a good picture.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/131674/

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Wonderful plant, the leaves look the same but the flowers are waaaaaaaaay brighter and darker. Probably the light thing too

Upland, CA

Hi Carpathiangirl..I ordered a Fancy Trails from VB and it looks just like yours..a lighter pink..I think it'll get darker with time..thanks for sharing..

Sonia

The fflowers look much lighter on Lyndon Lyon's site.
http://www.lyndonlyon.com/AV%20List%20Trailers%20NF.html

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Isn't funny how different the same AV can look? Check out these pics: http://www.astro.umd.edu/~avondale/Plants/squeezetoy/

Sonia, how big/old is your Fancy Trail?

Maria

Upland, CA

Hi maria ..my fancy trails is small..I got maybe about a month ago or less.

Montgomery, AL

Hi everyone! Here is my Fancy Trail that has been growing almost 2 years. I'm hoping it will be ready for our Birmingham show March 4. Around it are babies in solo cups. My blooms are sorta in between the light and dark pink. Is it bright light that causes the light pink?

Thumbnail by jamiew

Gorgeous Jamie!!
Different lights,temps.,fertilizers,and age of the plant are just a FEW of the things that can cause color variance.

Lynn

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Great plant Jamie, and only 2 years! Did it take a lot of work to make it that nice?

Interesting, some of the leaves are nearly white, mine are just 'dusted'. Do you grow it under lights? Mine receives only natural light by the window, it will be interesting to see it under flourescents

Upland, CA

Wow Jamie thanks for sharing that is beautiful plant..can't wait for mine to look like that..

Sonia

Montgomery, AL

I did it by following the Japanese method. It probably has between 25-30 crowns now. It gets adjusted from medium light to bright top shelf right after a severe pruning and pinning down of the runners to now super bright middle top shelf to get blooms going (6 weeks until show). I was told at the last AV meeting that according to the rules, every crown must be blooming for show. I doubt that'll happen. I may put a heating mat underneath it 2 weeks before the show to help it out if it is not floriferous by then. I guess I can always bring it for a display.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

She looks a winner to me, her shape is great. Good luck with flowers and show!

Montgomery, AL

Thanks. I've done the same with Rob's miriwinni chimera.
I'm also doing an experiment. I put down leaves of the chimera and so far have 15 tiny plantlets. So far 1 has bloomed pink, 2 sparkly purple, and 2 chimera. Alas, I overwatered the chimera babies and killed them.

Thumbnail by jamiew

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.