Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Snowberry ~ The Name Says It Best: Great .information.

Communities > Forums > Article: Snowberry ~ The Name Says It Best
bookmark
Forum: Article: Snowberry ~ The Name Says It BestReplies: 0, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JeaneTH
Lexington, MI
(Zone 6a)

January 17, 2011
6:53 AM

Post #8314894

Last fall I finally identified some plants growing by our cottage at the top of Michigan's mitten. I'd never seen this plant anywhere else. Not even in the surrounding area. My grandmother was originally from Kentucky and could have introduced them to the site. Would have had to have been 40+ years ago. The white berries are so beautiful in the fall. I brought home some berries hoping to start some to grow at my home in Michigan's thumb. Don't know if they'll germinate. Have put them in a pot now in an unheated greenhouse so they'll go through some freeze-thaw before spring. Trying to mimic nature. We'll have to wait to see what they do. But I'm glad to know that they're available through a nursery.
Thank you for the wonderful article.

Thumbnail by JeaneTH
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Snowberry ~ The Name Says It Best Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful article! pixie62560 14 Oct 12, 2009 3:20 PM
You answered a question I had! dancingbear27 3 Jan 8, 2008 10:44 PM
Snowberry meryl1cat 1 Jan 8, 2008 5:58 PM
Snowberry gamekeeper 1 Jan 9, 2008 10:29 PM
fascinating and beautiful plant! DonnieBrook 4 Jan 11, 2008 9:21 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America