Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Pests and Diseases: How do you get rid of leaf miners?

Communities > Forums > Garden Pests and Diseases
bookmark
Forum: Garden Pests and DiseasesReplies: 3, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Pugzley
Lake Elsinore, CA

January 17, 2011
8:50 AM

Post #8315137

They're in my tangerine and mandarine trees. They get into everything in my garden.

Any suggestions on what to use to get rid of them? TIA
OCCAROL
Santa Ana, CA
(Zone 10b)

January 17, 2011
12:30 PM

Post #8315585

Pugzley, I tried the Bayer Fruit, Citrus, and Vegetable Control last year. It worked well for awhile, but toward the end of the season I got some more leaf miners on my lime tree. You are only supposed to use it once per season.
Pugzley
Lake Elsinore, CA

January 19, 2011
1:02 PM

Post #8319188

Thanks, OC! Yeah, I tried a lot of things a few years ago to get them off my lettuces, etc. and nothing worked then, either. We have them everywhere here. Little invisible devils. At least they are not killing the trees, though I do think they hurt production on my tangerine tree and really weakened the tree overall. Maybe I can perk it up with some extra food and water, enough to fight off the effects of the leafminers, anyway.
OCCAROL
Santa Ana, CA
(Zone 10b)

January 19, 2011
5:21 PM

Post #8319659

Folks in colder parts of the country think it would be wonderful to have citrus...if they only knew! Scale, Mealybugs, mites, and now, citrus leaf miners! I don't know about the Tangerine, as I only have Lime and lemon, but I am going to treat them with the Bayer product after their spring bloom. I do think it helped.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Pests and Diseases Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hollyhock Rust ??? snuggles 8 Feb 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Pests: Calling all slug experts! (Not for the faint of heart) candleberry 162 Jun 18, 2014 7:41 AM
PROOF that milk kills mildew Wintermoor 26 Jun 26, 2007 4:54 PM
These ants are a bane Dinu 18 Nov 13, 2007 5:18 PM
Getting rid of yellow jackets ButterflyGardnr 23 Jun 18, 2009 2:34 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America