-
AuthorContent
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

January 17, 2011
11:42 AM

Post #8315496

Hi Sharon, I remember the pillows that we used at home had feathers in them which were a treat to sleep on and are not the same as the pillows of today with fiber fill which is what I have in my pillow of the firm variety. It is quite mild outside today with a temperature of 4 celsius. Yesterday the roads around here were covered with ice making it difficult to walk anywhere in the village. I got my exercise on the weekend shoveling off my shed which had much accumulated snow and it was getting wet so I brought the snow down and climbed up on the roof with the snow making a step ladder to sit on the roof and stand up to clear the rest of the snow off. We have had our share of snow this winter I am sure.

Alan(3pmp)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2011
11:55 AM

Post #8315512

Hello Alan,
I think everybody has had their share of snow this winter. We haven't had anything compared to you and others, but it has been cold. I think the total in my area for this year has been maybe 2 inches, so nothing to complain about from me.

Fun to think of you making steps up the snow to the top of your shed. I've never been in deep snow so it's hard to imagine.

You stay warm and safe, now..
Thanks!
fiwit
Lebanon, GA

January 17, 2011
4:02 PM

Post #8315889

Wow, Alan -- that reminds me of the great Chicago blizzard of 1979. Sure am glad I live in the south!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Yellow Bedstraw Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
old song lyrics in your head gloria125 87 Jan 26, 2011 9:09 AM
mocking birds and raccoons 7now3 2 Jan 17, 2011 11:17 AM
Another good story! quiltjean 3 Aug 23, 2011 8:47 PM
Urban mockingbird "song" Noelle216 1 Jan 21, 2011 2:57 PM
Another mockingbird 'song' sherrymarie 1 Jan 31, 2011 4:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America