Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Garden Talk: New Bees 01/18/11 friends - new and old...Come on in...

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 211, Views: 1,329
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 18, 2011
7:33 PM

Post #8318149

We've been a chatty bunch - must be spring fever!

This is the place to chat and hang out and share with friends - new and old...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1147235/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1141449/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Click the image for an enlarged view.

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 18, 2011
7:51 PM

Post #8318189

thanks kelly this is nice im hopeing to see rrm on here beforore bed time love and hugs nettie dear keiiy in my case its winter crazy weather man just said we could get snow thursday i don.t think i like him very much. im bad enough without bad weather. he smiled the whole time he was enjoying himself.he better hope he is wrong. ive just about had it with him.

This message was edited Jan 18, 2011 10:37 PM

This message was edited Jan 18, 2011 10:39 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 19, 2011
4:40 AM

Post #8318492

SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK CHAR!!!!!

Maxine ... keep moving girl. I understand how it is ... have that too along with my Fibromyalgia. It's a bummer!!!!

Got through 1 large bag of seedies last night. DH laughed at me setting at my puter with little packets of seeds all around me while I looked up things to see what they were!!!

Calling for Winter Storm to hit here Wednesday night into Thursday here. If it does very much, I can't get up the hills around my house to get to the highway. My supervisor will have a stroke if I can't make it in after being off for 3 weeks with my back & leg. LMBO!!!!!!!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2011
7:05 AM

Post #8318685

For all you expecting bad weather, I feel for you and you stay safe and warm. Don't get out taking chances. It not worth your life in case of accidents. Even if you are safe others can slide into you. That stuff is bad to be out in. Stay inside.
Hugs everyone. Bright sunny day here after 2 days of rain. Suppose to get to 53 today.
Crit, enjoy yourself with those seeds. Spring will be coming soon and planting season will be upon us.
Kelly, Mechelle said she would germinate seeds for us ladies so I'll be gathering some to send her soon so she can start them in the greenhouse. We should have gorgeous gardens this summer!!!!
Have a great day everyone.
Al ,I got some new tomatoe seeds this year for a black tomato that is rare. Can't remember the name off hand but if you would like to try a couple holler. I ordered it from another country. These are not here in USA yet. BIG SMILE, but they will be this summer! ;-)

This message was edited Jan 19, 2011 8:55 PM

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 19, 2011
8:44 AM

Post #8318847

You're welcome Miss Nettie;o)

Crit, have fun wallowing in those seeds...

Mekos, are you gonna share your bikini pics with us? LOL. I think I'd freeze to death being outside in a bikini in 53 weather. That's very sweet of our Mechelle. Nice we have a greenhouse owner amongst our friends;o)

Good morning to everyone else!~~~~~~~~~

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2011
10:02 AM

Post #8318971

Al, I have some Blue seed, not a lot but maybe I can get you a couple, Let me know. (for tomatoes)
Hey, Nettie, Charley sends you lots of nuzzles and everyone else...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2011
1:49 PM

Post #8319281

Kelly, that was a BIG NOT!
But we had a beautiful day and I broke a sweat. (TWO THUMBS UP!)
That tomato Al is a Black Truffel,and Black Sea Man. I ordered them when I got my Capers seeds. They are heirloom seeds.
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

January 19, 2011
4:42 PM

Post #8319585

Happy Birthday Trish !!!!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2011
4:51 PM

Post #8319604

Hi Mitt, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH!
Edited to say, Hunnybunch, you spose to tell me when your birthday is coming!

This message was edited Jan 19, 2011 7:52 PM

Thumbnail by mekos

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 19, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8319606

Suppose to be having a big winter storm come in tonight and again Friday night. Have winter weather warnings out all over! Wouldn't it be terrible if I couldn't make it to work and had to stay home and wallow around in these seeds? Awwwwwwwwwww
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 19, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8319608

yes happy birthday trish im always late hope you have a good one. and many more lots of them.love and hugs nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2011
4:54 PM

Post #8319611

Crit, I can't think of anything worse. YEA RIGHT!!!! Have fun. We suppose to get snow again friday night.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

January 19, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8319620

Thanks for the birthday wishes.. Hope you guys have a great night..Hugs

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2011
5:18 PM

Post #8319654

♫♪Happy Birthday to Trish♪♫
And Charley nuzzles too. Hugs, girl...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 19, 2011
5:19 PM

Post #8319656

mekos you are pushing it i can,t see you outside half frose with little or no clothes on. not true your not loony tunes yet i don,t think you could stand that i know i couldn,t to cold id have to witness that for myself and ill pass on that.love you girl but you shouldn,t be out this time of yearwith your clothes of . nettie

This message was edited Jan 19, 2011 7:20 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2011
5:41 PM

Post #8319681

Hahahaha Nettie, I was just joking up there!!!!
I dont wear those things in the summer let alone in the winter. Just teasing about it getting warm today. GORSH EVERYBODY, (laughing so hard Im about to roll in the floor)
I aint no Jezebelle! I go fully dressed! I'm too big and fat to strip like that. SO EMBARRASSED HERE!!!!! See my face is real pink!

Thumbnail by mekos

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8319714

Nettie, I don't think Mekos belongs to the Polar bear club. You know those folks who go diving into ice water in the new year. Brrrrrr! Been a cold year. But that is so funny, just thinking about it.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 19, 2011
6:22 PM

Post #8319726

Happy Birthday Trish! I was almost late to the party;o)
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8319748

Not late, here is the cake.

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 19, 2011
6:54 PM

Post #8319789

rrm where have you been im so glad you are back yhought mekos you would think its time for fat fat pup pictures i know it has been long enough we havsnt had o9ne in a long time. come on girl put some cloths on and get on with it. nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2011
7:12 PM

Post #8319811

Nettie you being mean to me. KELLY HELP ME OUT HERE! Nettie is being mean to me. I need Arejay! AREJAY Where are you girl? HELP somebody!!!! MITT ??? HELP!!!

Here is Spice and Chiquita

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2011
7:13 PM

Post #8319813

Sugar, Kaluah and Lefty

Thumbnail by mekos

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 19, 2011
9:01 PM

Post #8319939

Oh my, work has definately gotten in the way today, but Happy Birthday Trish! And thanks for furnishing the cake, Jan, it was just what I needed after all the work today! Yummmmy!!! And no pictures of any of us in bikinis, please! LOL!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 19, 2011
9:20 PM

Post #8319953

ok mekos im sory thank you for the pup pictures get my mind on dogs now you be good girl and nice young lady love nettie you would never do those things , you are never be smothing like that .love and hugs nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 19, 2011
9:40 PM

Post #8319963

i wslked into yhe food room when i got brck to my chair shorty and fluff had taken my sandwich what they left for me was bread and mayo they are bad boys i had already fed them ill just drink my orange crush and be happy im glad they don,t like pop.nettie

This message was edited Jan 20, 2011 12:14 AM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 19, 2011
10:25 PM

Post #8319982

mekos what did you do today. i can,t do anything yet. be glad when i can. but ill play with my seeds thats just about all i can do. its to earley to start much for the garden ill just wait spring will come i bet you.love hugs good night may play a game of cards before i go to bed.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

January 20, 2011
5:07 AM

Post #8320160

[/i wslked into yhe food room when i got brck to my chair shorty and fluff had taken my sandwich what they left for me was bread and mayo they are bad boys i had already fed them ill just drink my orange crush and be happy im glad they don,t like pop.nettie]

Nettie thats funny, you are lucky mine would have probably drank the orange slush also...(not funny they ate your sandwich, just the way you stated it) hugs
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

January 20, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8320236

oooops I tried to get that show up in quotes.. shows I dont know what I am doing!

Thanks for the cake Mekos.. It looks terrific.. My Dad made me a rum cake and brought it to me.. I had one lil slice, today is "weigh in day" A person shouldn't have to weigh in this close to their birthday and the holidays.. Sigh.. Im scared to see how bad I did during Xmas holidays.. I sure dont think I lost any weight this month lol..Im just hoping I didnt gain any grrr(at all that choc fudge I couldnt resist) ha funny how I regret it now but so enjoyed it then..50 pounds down 20 more to go... my lil prayer for today.

" Dear Lord be with everyone keep us all safe and under your wing,and please Lord dont let me retain any fluids today because I have to step upon those scales, and no one wants to hear this fat woman yell..Amen"

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2011
6:59 AM

Post #8320312

got to go to DR. in the morning and I sure don't like getting on those scales either., Got to get Perscriptions renewed and have a blood test. 6 month check-up. YUK!!!! Have to get up early and take Hubby to work so I can use the car to go to DR. dog gone I don't want to get up til Eight and that is my appointment time. Gotta do it!!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2011
7:11 AM

Post #8320333

Congrats on the 50# hunny ... that's terrific

mekos ... the pups are adorable. I love puppies. Sniff some puppy breath for me. :-)

Awwwwwwww, the roads were to icy for me to make it to the main highway (6 miles of winding, hilly roads with BIG drop offs in some places) so I HAVE to stay home from work. Oh drat! Guess I will HAVE to work on the Robin. Drat, drat, drat. LOL
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2011
7:23 AM

Post #8320354

ROTFL, Crit you have it sooooo bad! LOL
Good morning everyone. With Arthur and Poly and ALL the other weird things with a hold on me, it's hard to even crawl out of bed but I'm up. Just have to come over here and read to get a chuckle to start my day every morning. Couldn't make it without all of you!
Have a great day everyone! HUGS

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8320362

Good morning friends! Mekos, sounds like Nettie has calmed down a bit. Must be the puppy breath overcoming her;o) The pups sure are cute!

Trish, congratulations on the weight loss - it is very hard to do and definitely an accomplishment. I am not overweight by a long shot but could still definitely stand to lose a few pounds. The older you get the harder it is and the more you feel a few extra pounds. I've been exercising more so hopefully that's the ticket to feeling my best;o)

Nettie, you be nice to mekos or I won't make you any new threads - lol.

Have a nice day everyone!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2011
8:07 AM

Post #8320409

If I'd just known puppy pictures would have done it, there would be pictures up there every day! LOL
Now I'll just take a picture every time I come to post.
Well maybe not, cause everyone else will be tossing sticks at me. Delimma.

Thumbnail by mekos

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2011
9:32 AM

Post #8320503

Seeds, seeds, seeds everywhere!!!!!!! I'm in hog ...er... seed heaven! I just found one package that really made my day ... Easter Egg Plant seeds. Woooohoooo. Now if I could just find some shrimp plant and lollipop plant I would truly be overwhelmed! tee hee
Hey, have a question ... If I plant one of the lollipops in the bottom of the box, will I get a lollipop plant? Or lollipop tree? If that works, think I'll plant a hundred dollar bill as well ...deeeeeeep into the woods.
OK, back to seed seeing. I will probably be able to send her back into flight tomorrow if I can get to town. If not, Monday.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2011
9:55 AM

Post #8320537

OK, decision has been made. Our back yard that is fenced in isn't all that big. Maybe I should till it all up, plant it all to flowers, and make little walking paths around to the gates and stuff. Think I could convince my DH this is a good idea because he won't have to MOW IT??????

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2011
10:05 AM

Post #8320560

Come plant it in my woods. We can both keep an eye on it!!!☺☺☺ I don't think it will work Darlin, but it would be nice to have a money tree we all could grow...♥
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 20, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8320597

Great idea Crit! Sounds very cute! Good luck with talking the DH into it, but when I tried, mine didn't go for it. Gosh, and I do the mowing part of the time too, lol! And whoever figures out how to plant and grow money trees, please share seeds with all of us! Even if it only blooms once a year, it would be great, teeheehee!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2011
10:31 AM

Post #8320615

Crit, I got a shrimp plant you can have come spring so it won't freeze in shipping. It is in my greenhouse. Wish I had flowers everywhere instead of weeds.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 20, 2011
12:39 PM

Post #8320829

Does anyone have any black eyed susan vine seeds? My niece is getting married this fall, and wants some for her decorations. Heck, they're a house plant for me, so I've never grown them. You can start them from seeds, can't you?
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 20, 2011
12:40 PM

Post #8320834

ok kelly ill try and be nice to mekog she needs one shoping trip with me and that crazy cousin if we have to drive in fortsmith she makes me drive, cause the people scare her and she does the same to me she says i make bad turns which is a bald face lie she has nearly killed us on the inter state with her slow driving people will run over you if you don,t go on and get out of the way plus you can get a ticket for going to slow in yhe through lane scares me half to death but i promise to be good today. love and hugs nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2011
1:13 PM

Post #8320879

OH MY WE NEED LITTLE LAUGHING ICONS!!!!! ROTFLMBO!!!!! :-)
HUGS Nettie! I sure do love you! But I aint riding with that crazy cousin. That is for sure!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2011
1:21 PM

Post #8320897

Me neither, Hubby scares me and that is bad enough.
We get there...
Nettie, this is Jake

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2011
1:34 PM

Post #8320922

Gorsh Bumble, Jakes toes look deformed. Did the mule and donkies step on the poor boy?
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 20, 2011
1:37 PM

Post #8320929

rrm that is one cool young man a real beauty ,ilike chickens, my little chicken farmer made honor role at school he is so prowd and im very pleased with him also had his first piano lesson he loves it that is a big plus. he got my long fingers he thinks he is special and he is.he is also takeing voice lessons he loves to sing. a very happy child.his uncle mark never took lessons but can play he has dont that sense he was a child .scarry at times.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2011
1:44 PM

Post #8320947

Oh mekos...how terrific!!!! Doin' a little happy dance. Is it the orange/red one?
Only my DG friends will get seeds from my money tree, so ya'll be nice. :-)
Nettie ... I'm with mekos. Mental picture here. ROTHFLMBO

For those that don't know my ponies ... this is Brutus, Babe and Buddy. Babe is my baby

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2011
1:47 PM

Post #8320957

Babe and I last summer

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2011
1:48 PM

Post #8320960

This is my grandbaby Megan, she's 4, on Babe

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8320965

My other grandbaby Breanna, 6, on Buddy last summer. They had so much fun going riding!

My other grandbabies haven't gotten to come down and go riding with us yet. :-(

This message was edited Jan 20, 2011 3:51 PM

Thumbnail by Crit

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2011
1:58 PM

Post #8320991

Crit those are so pretty. I love horses.If I was able to take care of one I'd have one to ride.
When I was young we had a strawberry roan and a couple mules. Back then they worked the fields cause we dint have tractors. The strawberry horse was so tall Daddy had to take boards off the barn stall entry just to get her in. And it was a huge barn. That one bucked me off one day. (Long story, almose no more me.) After I married we got a quarter horse and a black morgan, and the little colt that had been almost starved to death at birth and raised it but it always stayed little and just ran free in the pasture. After my DH died I got rid of everything and moved. That was many years ago.
Yep the shrimp plant is red/ orange and seems it had a light color in there too. Was rather pretty in bloom. I saw it yesterday in the greenhouse still green and doing good.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2011
1:59 PM

Post #8320994

Beautiful grands too!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 20, 2011
3:24 PM

Post #8321100

skellog i have black eyed susan come up every year no mater how much of it i pull up it just comes back gets all over my roses and the fence it is realy a tight climber will choke small plants out. people have a problem growing it not out here i think they plant it to earley. it gets full sun where i planted it my problem is it comes back up every year. don,t know why unless it likes to be pulled up nettie wish i had some seed id sure send you some.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 20, 2011
4:17 PM

Post #8321209

Nettie, I'll keep that in mind and if I can't find any come spring, I'll have you send me some you pull out, lol! I'd come down and visit, but we couldn't go anywhere's cuz nobody can drive! LOL! And we're all bad passengers too, it sounds like, lol!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8321226

Sandy I'm sending you a d-mail.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2011
4:56 PM

Post #8321275

That is rooster that was stomped on by the Donkeys or Charley. I know they nearly broke his neck so I wouldn't be surprised if they got his feet too. He does walk sort of funny. Poor Fella is lucky to be alive. Same way with Abigail, rescued her too.

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 20, 2011
7:33 PM

Post #8321533

rrm i need a picture of the little hin with the soplip she is mostly white she is behind jake could you do that for me thanks nettie i think she is pretty
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 20, 2011
7:40 PM

Post #8321539

skellog fi it comes up like it has i will send you all you wont nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 20, 2011
10:01 PM

Post #8321676

im going to bed love and hugs nettie hope every one is in good health if you have your health tou have everyrhing, so many people are sick and can,t seam to get well i pray for health and happyness for family and friends good nignt all.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8322194

Same to you Nettie. We all love you and want you in good health. Get some rest. I'm praying this year my prayers dont get confused I want a fat bank account and slim body, prayed it last year and the blessing angel musta stumped her toe and dropped the request and mixed it up. I got a fat body and negative bank account! I'm putting them requests in early this year and keeping it going!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 21, 2011
2:39 PM

Post #8322878

rrm are you going to send a picture of the little hin with the scoliped pattern around her neck and upper body i think she would make a good pen and ink drawing love nettie thank you. mekos how is wess doing you haven,t said in a while i still think about him often.love nettie skellog im going to ask around about black eyed susan vine and see if we can get you some seed. if you ever get it started you woild have it forever. crit im sorry mind is not fully going today you were not wanting black eyed susan vine. it was someone else im my normal self.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2011 5:01 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2011
2:55 PM

Post #8322905

Wes has good days and bad ones, so we just take it one day at a time. he just had 2 where he couldn't get up or eat anything at all but today about noon he perked up and wanted to eat so hopefully he will get stronger. It just seems to be like a roler coaster. You never know how or what tomorrow will bring. Hid broke foot is doing much better and has stopped swelling but still not completely healed. It is still very tender when he stands on it. But he still tries to walk with his walker to the bathroom. I'm getting him an electric chair to be able to get around so he can be up more and go out some. I think that will keep him from being so depressed all the time.
Thanks for asking Nettie.
Kaylee will be here tomorrow to spend the day. I went by today to see about her and she grabbed me and would not let go. Her mama reached for her so we could go and she slapped at her hands, she took her anyway and Kaylee screamed and cried till she gave her back to me. I had to stay longer till she was settled down. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry. Poor baby. She still whimpered when I left but I had to go and just closed the door behind me. I'll try to take a new picture tomorrow of her. Haven't took many lately.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 21, 2011
3:17 PM

Post #8322957

turn her loose on those pups they will probly like her. lick her all over. that might just cause her to have a hissy fit she may not like that you just never know what they are going to like.tell wes i said to start telling himself yes i can and he can i know he can that is from personal experince.dr. don,t know all things. if they did we would all be in good health. i also pray for them they need it as bad as anyone does tell him i pray for him every day love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2011
3:46 PM

Post #8323000

Thank you Nettie and God bless you. I appreciate your prayers and I know he does too.
You watch out for this next snow system coming in next week. Sounds like it could be a bad one.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2011
4:04 PM

Post #8323046

Nettie, you mean this rooster????
Crit, I forgot to say how nice your pictures are. Love the horses and family pictures.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2011
4:05 PM

Post #8323049

Another rooster, he is so beautiful too.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 21, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8323053

I think she means that little chicken in the background, the white one with black markings... ;o)

I ♥ all the critter pictures!!

Mekos, glad to hear Wes is doing better! And you get to spend the day with that cutie cutie cutie baby girl? I'm jealous!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8323097

How about this one?

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8323212

I think she liked the seabrite ( or I think it is a seabrite), black and white, Charleen it was in the background when you showed Jake up there.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8320897
Enlarge this picture and look at the right top.

Thanks Kelly. I'm excited to spend the day with her. She really is growing up.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2011 8:43 PM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2011
6:15 PM

Post #8323268

That's Jake . He is a not a sebrite is a large rooster.
The little fella there by the stantue is the seabrite. Little Champ. I'll see if I can find another picture. got toooooooo many pictures.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2011
6:24 PM

Post #8323282

Try this one Nettie. He is a little beauty. I hope this is one you want.
Little Champ.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2011
6:33 PM

Post #8323302

I knew Jake wasn't the seabrite, BUT the seabrite was in the same picture with jake. If you enlarge the picture you can see it. But the picture above this post is the same one she is wanting to see.
Here is a link to some on the internet also. Some are silver seabrite and some are golden seabrite. I like them all.
http://www.cacklehatchery.com/gseabright.html

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 22, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8323766

He is a pretty little boy. Thinks he is just as big as Jake, whom he bosses around.
They are so funny...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2011
5:54 AM

Post #8323803

rrm...beautiful roosters you have there. I love the little hen hiding in the background on the first one. Thanks for comment on my horses. I love them. Really miss all the critters I had when I lived in KS w/my 1st H. (notice I did NOT put DH????LOL) That's how I got my nickname, Critterwoman, shortened to Crit.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 22, 2011
6:41 AM

Post #8323887

I'm with you Crit, I too really miss all my critters, lol! Just told DH that we need to buy a small acreage out of town somewhere so we can have critters again. Especially since DH and family are planning on moving to the city and the grandbabies won't get to learn about them at all then. Sure hope that work picks up on the new business and I can start making really good money so we can buy a place!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8323924

Sandi, just buy them critters and bring em here and I'll take care of em and they can roam around here and I'll ride em and you can call em yours!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2011
7:07 AM

Post #8323947

We bought a new place out of town a year ago. I was hoping for 10+ acres, but those are hard to find, and being so close to Tulsa, acreage prices are PRICY! We have 3 acres here, but the people who own the land next to us have 18 acres that they let us run our 3 horses on. There isn't much grass as Emu use to be raised there, and they picked out all the grass. But, there is a large pond and we feed them year round, so it works out great!

Thumbnail by Crit

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 22, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8324107

Land prices are high here too. This is one area of the country that didn't really see the prices drop like the rest of the nation. But most of the small acreages here are about 30-40 acres, which would be great by me! Don't see much for 3-5 acreages. Course, there's always places of several thousand acres, but really can't afford that, LOL!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 22, 2011
11:45 AM

Post #8324341

rrm may i print a copy of him please nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 22, 2011
12:47 PM

Post #8324406

All these pretty chickens and horses,wow! I grew up with chickens as a kid many years ago, we didn't do much with horses. I went to a lot of cowboy movies though...

I had my second try at the waffle maker this morning. I used Bisquick batter with one egg and a higher temperature for 5 full minutes like you ladies reccommended. NOW we're making really light and crispy waffles. My brother had gotten me a six jar assortment of Knott's Berry Farm jams and jellies. We also had maple and caramel syrups and cool whip on top. Wow, I could gain my 40 pounds and 4 inches back if I keep this up! Probably should watch myself on this one. Thanks for all your great advice, the Bisquick batter is definately the way to go. There's a dozen recipes in the owner's manual that also look good, including a fudge brownie mix with pecan nuts.

Al

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 22, 2011
12:57 PM

Post #8324421

Yes, Nettie. You may print anything I load, dear. It is for you all enjoyment.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2011
2:19 PM

Post #8324534

Al you can make your own syrup if you want also. Sometimes I make jelly and (purposely)dont add enough surejell to make it solid and use it for syrup. It is awsome! You can make it with any kind of fruit you want. My mon use to make syrup out of sugar too and add flavoring. Very easy.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 22, 2011
4:32 PM

Post #8324751

Yummm! The fudge brownies sound good!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 22, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8325010

Glad you had some successful waffles Al! I ♥ our waffle maker!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 22, 2011
7:44 PM

Post #8325082

al you have made me hungry and ive put a burger away all ready don,t need any more food but can smell the food. im going to bed thats what will work for shure could find food in the kitchen im going to see what i can find love nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 22, 2011
7:48 PM

Post #8325084

I baked 2 birthday cakes today for a party tomorrow, and boy, does it sound good, teeheehee. But I'm thinking the people who need them for their party tomorrow wouldn't like me cutting me a big ol' chunk off to eat! Guess I'll just have a bowl of ice cream or something instead! See what you started Al!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 23, 2011
11:54 AM

Post #8326062

please people you have to stop all this cooking i can,t take it , need junk food its back to the food room got to find some good syuff. chips or smothing. nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 23, 2011
12:25 PM

Post #8326092

We'll stick to healthy stuff, Nettie. They have Whole Wheat Waffles too, ya know.. Ice cream and chocolate syrup have all natural ingredients, right? Maybe I should start a new waffle thread just to help keep everybody informed.. I haven't even started with pictures yet. This little gadget is just too much fun to give up.

Al
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 23, 2011
1:30 PM

Post #8326166

ok al send take out. just pictures if i can,t smell them ill be fine i love wsf. and pan cakes waffls better cause they crunchy my down fall is butter and syrup. just can,t leave them alone.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2011
1:41 PM

Post #8326182

I use to make maple syrup out of karo syrup, maple flavoring and butter flavoring. Much cheaper than buying the ready made. Too many mouths eating.

Here is a picture of my two chickens. No muss, no fuss and you don't even notice a feed bill. :-))

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2011
1:44 PM

Post #8326185

OH ...BTW mekos. Miss Robin will be taking off tomorrow if she can get her round rump off the ground. Will send you the # tomorrow night.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 23, 2011
1:56 PM

Post #8326209

You chickens look really cold and stiff Crit, sure they aren't frozen chickens?

Oh, I'm working on jams and jellies right now, the syrups will come later. I also heard about cherry and apple pie fillings too. Cool whip is a must - I keep the containers to grow my Spring seeds.

Al
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 23, 2011
2:07 PM

Post #8326226

ok im starting dfnner baked potk chops with mushroom gravy now all ill will have to make mashed taters and a veggie and we are good to go. love nettie i will stuff myself at dinner you can cook and bake all night i can take it i think. love nettie love the chickens i have a large concrete rooster on top of the old dough well one of the grand dau. thought he had been up on the well too long so yhey pushed hem off and broke his comb off can,t find anything to glue it back on with.. got any ideas if so please tell me love nettie

This message was edited Jan 23, 2011 4:50 PM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8326400

Silicone, like you put around the edge of your bathtub if you can't find anything else, Nettie...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 23, 2011
7:41 PM

Post #8326766

mekos This is one of the LA. Iris

This message was edited Jan 23, 2011 9:43 PM

Thumbnail by littlenettie

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 23, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8326775

mekos i sent two la iris don.t know where it went hope it didn,t show up on someone elses post my bad.nettie

This message was edited Jan 23, 2011 9:53 PM

This message was edited Jan 23, 2011 9:55 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 23, 2011
8:07 PM

Post #8326800

thanks rrm ill try that hope it works.bill says my roster is 45 years dthats probly why i haven,t been able to find a new one. concrete should last a long time , im gona try and fix him.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 23, 2011
10:24 PM

Post #8326912

mekos we need a new little girl picture, be shure you get one love nettie. i am ever so bossy im bad oh i just haxe a problem.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2011
4:27 AM

Post #8327082

Nettie "can,t find anything to glue it back on with.. got any ideas"

I don't know if it will work on concrete, but the package says it will work on anything. I use it a lot. It is called "gorilla glue". Worth a try I guess.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2011
5:34 AM

Post #8327182

It's official - We're deep frozen. 18 degrees below zero right here in upstate NY. The chimneys are all blowin' straight up, not a breeze to be seen. Not much to do either, the schools are all closed today. Maybe I'll package some stuff to send out, haven't checked the car yet to see if it'll start to go to the PO. Might start my long winter's nap later.

Al
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8327190

I use Gorilla Glue on everything. It's held my old Lincoln together for 14 years.

Al
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2011
10:49 AM

Post #8327709

LOL @ Al and your Lincoln!

mekos ... the Robin bumped her butt a couple times trying to get off the ground, but she is now on her way.
Delivery Conf. # 0310 0480 0001 8214 7117.
P.O. lady didn't say when it would arrive and I forgot to ask!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 24, 2011
2:08 PM

Post #8328038

thanks people i have some of that glue ill try some when it warms up some. to cold to do it now probly wouldn,t hold without the heat . lots of glue won,t . love nettie have a good day
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 25, 2011
7:08 PM

Post #8330467

skeiiog sent you d mail nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 25, 2011
7:24 PM

Post #8330502

Thanks Nettie! Most of the glue that I use won't work in this weather, lol! Which explains why my car's windshield is being held in now with duct tape ;-)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 25, 2011
7:36 PM

Post #8330530

mekos are you in time out i hope not thats no fun ill keep my eyes open for all the good that will do where are you. love nettie im going to bed talk later have a good night all.

This message was edited Jan 26, 2011 1:03 AM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2011
6:06 AM

Post #8330993

Mekos been sick Nettie, Believe she got a flu bug of some kind. I'm sure she will be back soon. Several folks have been getting sick lately. You all take care of your lovely selves...You too Lovely AL...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2011
8:14 AM

Post #8331232

Good morning everyone. Sorry Nettie, just had a bug that didn't want to leave me alone. Still weak but survived it.
You all have a great day!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 26, 2011
3:13 PM

Post #8332045

hi mekos sory iou have been sick hope you get better teal soon. sandi your stuff went out this morning love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 26, 2011
5:16 PM

Post #8332226

mekos flowers for you

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 26, 2011

Post #8332230

my way of saying surry for being mean didn,t nean it love nettie this one was a secomd place winner at garden club show it was a little to short you know they have to be so tall and a certain with i forgot my base so it wasen,t tall enough ive done better. but haven,t donr much good past couple of years. only used flowers from my yard that was one of the rules also. hope you like it is one of my favorites nettie this ids a line mass

This message was edited Jan 26, 2011 7:28 PM

This message was edited Jan 26, 2011 7:30 PM

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2011

Post #8332231

Wow nettie - those are gorgeous;o)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 26, 2011
5:47 PM

Post #8332300

well thank you kelly love nettie they were real pretty the first day they get a little droopy after 3 dsys of being in a hot buijding they start looking a little sad i really love asian design but they don,t have those very often i always jump on those they do the less is more i like them real good. you really have to dig deep on those line mass they take alot of flowers i used rosmerry to hold that one togeather if i hadnot forgot my pedistal it would have taken blue.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 26, 2011
6:11 PM

Post #8332349

Nettie, would love to visit with you sometime about your gardening club, as I am going to try to organise one in our little community. Any input anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Your flowers are beautiful Nettie! And thank you again, I'll be watching for them!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 26, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8332389

this ts for al he likes Amaryllis these took first place at the flower show last year I grew them out in my yard.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2011
6:29 PM

Post #8332394

Nettie, Those are just beautiful! Amazing arrangement and gorgeous flowers! Wow! I love them and you can be mean all you want for a view like that! Big smile!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 26, 2011
6:46 PM

Post #8332409

WOW! Nettie those are bee you ti mus!! Now I remember why I'm trying to grow some from seed, lol! Just wish I had more patience, since I read they take a l-o-n-g time from seed b4 they bloom ;-) They really are gorgeous!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2011
7:37 PM

Post #8332516

Nettie, I always put a few drops of straight bleach in warm water for fresh arrangements. Change the water every couple days the same way and they will lst a long time. May not be an option for the flower show but works great at home;o)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 26, 2011
7:46 PM

Post #8332532

i like them also but had toomany plants to take in and out of the greenhouse had to find a better solution i found a place for them that workeg out real good. i have them in solid red pink and white mix solid white and solid pink the now one is purple and green butterfly vsry pretty don.t know if ill put it out and leave it just have to wait and see need to talk with someone who knows more than i do about them. ive been told that it can bloom more than once a year don,t know that for a fact but it made ne think about what would happen if it was planted out side it probly would kill it.im done love nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2011
7:59 PM

Post #8332549

They grow outside here nettie but not sure they would survive the winter outside in AR...

I'm about to hit the sack - nitey nite everyone!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 26, 2011
8:41 PM

Post #8332600

skellogg you need to contact your stste garden club fhey all are a little different but they could be alot of help in starting a local garden club all states are a little different but they could sure help you out alot. they all have there own web site.love nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 26, 2011
10:08 PM

Post #8332683

Thanks Nettie! Didn't know that about state gardening clubs, so will definately go online and see what I can find and contact them. You are just a world of information! Wonderful! I am so blessed to have such great friends that are so helpful! Nite Kelly! Sweet dreams! I'm going to bed too, as it's after 11 and I have to be up at 4:30 AM. Don't like that this time of year, lol! Nite all! And keep all the wonderful pictures coming of all the beautiful flowers as it will be a few months before anything is blooming here, and I'm getting really tired of looking at snow!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 26, 2011
10:15 PM

Post #8332691

im going tto bed talk later good night and hugs nettie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 27, 2011
4:29 AM

Post #8332786

I have what looks like Amarylis in the flowerbed along the house. The leaves came up last year (I just moved here a year ago) but no flowers. I was told they looked like A but that they needed full sun to bloom, which they don't have there. I need to move them this spring.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 27, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8332821

Wow - Nettie's sending me flowers, this could get serious. I do have an Amarylis bulb on my windowsill for bloom later in the Spring. Not sure what color it is though. They are not really hardy here for outdoors, but we keep bulbs inside for the Winter. I have grown a few bulbs through the summer until they harden off, but some just won't rebloom.

Your arrangements are beautiful Nettie!

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 27, 2011
5:59 AM

Post #8332909

I just started some various bulbs inside in pots for spring cheer. Didn't have any amaryllis, so am using daffs and tulips. Hope they bloom for spring time in 52 days! Figured that some flowers blooming would help the dreary look of the snow melting, it always looks so dirty and brown and yucky when it starts melting =)
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2011
2:54 PM

Post #8333773

My daffodills are coming up outside in the gardens. They will be blooming in the snow probably this year.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2011
3:24 PM

Post #8333832

Lookie what I just got in e-mail...
http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/amaryllis-bulbs-flowers-plants.shtml
They have some gorgeous flowers! Brows their catalog.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 27, 2011
4:56 PM

Post #8333983

hi everyone don,t know how long ilol be on line have had a problem all day with net. called them but they say they are working on it might be better later just thought i would lety you know i have a problem. love nettie.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8333999

Sorry Nettie, I guess it's your turn! LOL, I think RRM is MIA again.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2011
6:38 PM

Post #8334191

Nay, I found her, she just being quiet. Where ya at Nettie? Is the internet doing better?
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 27, 2011
6:43 PM

Post #8334201

crit those are probly naked ladies they may have gotton to deep to much dirt over them they will not bloom if they get to deep do they make leaves in late fall or earley winter could also be suprise lily just about the same thing. if you dig them up don,t put them back to deep they don.t bloom until july ive got a ton of them they were my mothers.in mid spring the folage dies back on them i always clean that of the bed because it falls on my day lilies and they don.t like that on them. love nettie these always bloomand some are in the shade. didn,t know they liked full sun. im not going to move the ones in the shade. love nettie i bet they have got to deep in the ground.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 27, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8334214

can.t use anything for flower shows they won,t let you use anything. i can.t see the harm in treating the water but i play by the rules. if you don,t they disqulify you and that would be bad. i would have to hang my head in shame. love nettie

This message was edited Jan 27, 2011 11:33 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 27, 2011
9:58 PM

Post #8334415

im going to bed have to go to super center for food in the morning and bill is going to dig some things out of the veg, garden ill have to re plant them big iris, had to put them in the ground some where. im going to put them in the long flower bed, im not going to make another flower bed ive got more now than i can say grace over.love and hugs to all. nettie i posted flowers on old thread and don,t know how to move it if you want to see it you can go back one thread my bad. love nettie.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2011 1:43 AM
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8334602

Beautiful flowers Nettie! I think we all found them on the other thread. Thanks for showing us!

Al
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2011
6:13 AM

Post #8334713

I think they are gorgeous Nettie! They are ALL awsome!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 28, 2011
6:28 AM

Post #8334752

I'm here you all. Been feeling bad but better now...
I'm all ears

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2011
6:47 AM

Post #8334802

And gorgeous ears at that!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2011
4:14 PM

Post #8335787

Thanks for the thought nettie, but they aren't naked ladies or surprise lillies. I thought the leaves looked like Amarylis and I put a picture up for comments and they agreed. Said to leave them where they were until spring, then move them, so that is what I am going to try.

Thumbnail by Crit

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2011
4:57 PM

Post #8335859

Crit, it kind of looks like a Crinum to me. In this pic you can see the mature leaves. I'll have to try and snap a pic tomorrow in the daylight of the newer leaves for you...

Thumbnail by locakelly

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2011
5:11 PM

Post #8335884

I agree with Kelly, Crit. I have those too and also have Amaryllis. They sure look like Crinum to me. They may not have been old enough to bloom before so I'd leave them alone and wait a while before doing anything at all.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 28, 2011
5:32 PM

Post #8335920

crit alot of my amaryllis are not in the sun but they always bloom juse leave them for a while if they are crinum they will bloom in the shade also myne do they were burning in the sun it was cooking the leaves real bad those don,t look to be very old/ nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 28, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8335924

yhank you mekos i just came in from grocery store my word if we dtdn,t have to eat we would have money for other things like plants nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2011
6:06 PM

Post #8335954

I agree with you Nettie. Food, gas and power, KILLS me every month!
Otherwise I'd have gardens like the botanical garden shows have!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 28, 2011
7:00 PM

Post #8336058

LOL! And mortgage payments, and car payments, and insurance, and, and, and,
I know the feeling well! Think of how pretty things would be in our yards and gardens!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8336067

Well, if we all keep giving stuff to each other we'll have enough plants to cover the earth. This has been fun.

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 28, 2011
7:07 PM

Post #8336074

Al, I am so glad that you are here! I'm going to try something different for me this year with some of your sunflower seeds. I saw a picture today of sunflowers growing in someone's yard with morning glories climbing the sunflowers. It was very pretty! And I'm thinking it will attract the hummingbirds to the mg's and other birds to the sunflowers. It should be great fun to watch this summer!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2011
7:43 PM

Post #8336138

That Crinum on the picture has been in that spot this will be the 2nd year... I'm hoping it will bloom this year. A friend here gave me some more when she divided hers last fall - they are still small little things. They are gorgeous when they bloom. The only thing I find with them being in shade is the leaves seem to get longer and wilder than if they are in the sun. However, our sun they don't like too much;o)

I'm hoping to win the lottery soon so I can retire, garden and travel the country visiting all my DG friends;o)
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2011
7:44 PM

Post #8336140

Sounds great! I have grown them with MGs and also assorted runner beans. Scarlet Runner is a fav of mine and I have plenty if anybody wants to try. They're edible too.

Al
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2011
7:46 PM

Post #8336141

Wow Sandi, I never though about that. Will the MGs not pull down the sunflowers though since sunflowers are tall to start with and when the wind blows hard they sometimes break anyway around here. But it does sound cute. I have Mgs that climb trees in my goat pen, they washed down there by the rain and my trees look to be blooming in the summer. Wild with color.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 28, 2011

Post #8336142

Oh! Great idea Al! I have a bunch of pole bean seeds from last year that I grew! I'm going to plant some of them to climb the sunflowers too! Awesome idea! Thanks!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2011

Post #8336143

Sorry, I over posted you guys. Kelly, I'm winning the lottery myself and we all gonna travel. We can take all our friends with us in Al's plane.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2011
7:49 PM

Post #8336144

Sounds like a plan Jan;o)
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 28, 2011
7:50 PM

Post #8336148

I don't think they will here, but I guess I'll find out! The wind doesn't seem to bother our sunflowers much, but the deer sure do! Will have to see how they fair, but thought it was a neat picture, and I never would have thought of it either!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2011
7:53 PM

Post #8336151

Sounds like it would look pretty. I'm gonna try some raised beds for vegies and flowers this year. Got a fenceline in my back yard I want to plant. It is in full sun and red hard clay soil, got LOTS of seeds to sow and gonna try to grow things back there too.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 28, 2011
7:59 PM

Post #8336156

Sounds like a plan to me Jan. I don't have a regular spot for a food garden, so just plant my food stuff in with the flower beds, etc. but I am going to take out the rest of my rhubarb this year and move it to my mom's house so I can plant more food, lol! Food that I like, instead of the rhubarb.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2011
8:01 PM

Post #8336158

Sunflowers are fairly sturdy, though sometimes I have bunched them up and tied them together for added support. Some of my Sweet 100 cherry tomatoes managed to trellis their way up them. Mgs will climb most anything standing upright so they're a great combination with sunflowers.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2011
8:03 PM

Post #8336163

Yours always look gorgeous Al. I am envious.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 28, 2011
8:42 PM

Post #8336215

mekos bill was helping me with the garden pulling weeds he pulled 2 la iris out he was so proud i had him go put them in the ground hurt his feelings he ask why i didn,t send them to you i told him it was too cold he said its 60 out side now i said bill its probly not 60 where she is du i still don,t have him trained after all this time. love and hugs nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 28, 2011
8:57 PM

Post #8336222

my eternal sweat peas have already started climbing the fence they will probly get niped back about 3feet tall kinda gets out of hand but sure is pretty blooming bright pink all over the fence saw seversl things comming out that should stay down for a while yet.but mother nature will have her way. nettie

This message was edited Jan 28, 2011 11:40 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 28, 2011
11:23 PM

Post #8336313

ok past my bed time im out of here love and hugs nettie talk later.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2011
6:02 AM

Post #8336478

Got to find a new place to plant my sunflowers. Longears love them. So, they won't be in garden.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2011
9:06 AM

Post #8336798

Happy Saturday everybody! Waffles for breakfast this morning, Livy helped me make them with MMs and chopped pecans, Yummy.

My Tumbling Tom miniature tomatoes are almost ready for first transplant into the cell tray. Three weeks old today, holding up well in the south window, they're about 2" tall right now. I'll probably do that tomarrow or Monday.

Al
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2011
3:26 PM

Post #8337413

Nettie, you tell Bill to remember where he puts them Iris back out and when it is warm enough me and him gonna have to talk Iris! I sure would love a couple of those. It's in the 60's here too in the day time and upper 30's at night so they would be ok right now iffin they were shipped now. (hint) I bet the Sweet peas are beautiful on the fence. Do you plant seeds now for sweet peas or wait till later?
Al I bet Livi loved the waffles even more just because she helped her Papa make them. Precious moments!
I got bulbs of Tigridia,(Pavonia lily) and need to know when to plant those in zone 7 too, if anyone knows.
Do you plant sunflowers now Charleen? I thought you plant those in spring.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2011
4:36 PM

Post #8337518

No, Dear. I'm just planning on where to plant them so my dear mule won't eat them...
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2011
7:21 PM

Post #8337849

LOL Not too close to the wisteria vines!
Charleen, We gonna have to make the trip next weekend, DH is hugging the toilet. He got my virus I had last weekend. He thought it was just something he ate today that didn't settle right but he still at it and says he feels like I looked last week. (Hope I dint look that bad, cause he looks green). Green don't go well with my blue eyes.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 29, 2011
7:56 PM

Post #8337920

mz and this crazy old cat are playing musical chairs amd im tird of the game 7wo chairs in here and every time i get up he is in my chair im goma sit on him in a little while then he will baul and act like he is hurt dun,t know how to stop him not much bothers him, he is so old he forgets when he was frd thinks i should get up and feed him at one in the morning
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 29, 2011
8:19 PM

Post #8337944

mekos the iris he puled were for you but i didn,t have a box for them need to pick up some boxs at the post office don,t know yet how to pack themthey don,t need to dry out need to keep them kinda damp got any ideas let me know. nettie i forgot don,t won,t them to get to hot might sause them to rot. thost tubers are real big you will probly get several plants outr or one. im going to try and send one or two of each color im going to post pictures of the rest of them just had net problem and i have enough trouble without haveing the net against me also.love and hugs nettie

This message was edited Jan 29, 2011 10:30 PM

This message was edited Jan 29, 2011 11:17 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 29, 2011
9:28 PM

Post #8338026

mekos you need to come up with some idas lm thinking prat moss but once it is wet it stays way to long how about newspaper come on people helpme think of smothing. nettieoh my i need to go to bed night all talk later. nettie

This message was edited Jan 29, 2011 11:51 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 30, 2011
12:53 PM

Post #8338897

mekos the sweet pea im talking about comes back every spring i don,t think you could kill them but if tou don,t like them don,t plant them cause when you do you got them from thrn on. till forevrt the heat don,t slow them down. love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 30, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8339250

Hi Nettie, sorry I was slow getting back on her. Dh has a virus and I had to keep Kaylee today so she just left to go home. The way I ship Iris is wrap a damp paper towel around the roots and then a strip of saran wrap to hold it together. Place in box and ship priority. They should be ok like that. That is so sweet of you to share with me. I love those plants!
Great big hug sweet lady!
Did I tell you my precious is walking? Won't be a year old till March and she is walking and talking and having a good ol time!

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 30, 2011
4:00 PM

Post #8339251

She is Amma ma's baby girl.

Thumbnail by mekos

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 30, 2011
4:16 PM

Post #8339290

Mekos, she is really growing. Look at how cute she is. Love those eyes.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 30, 2011
5:08 PM

Post #8339406

Thank you my dear. She is my pride and joy.
DH is feeling better but still not totally himself yet.
I sure hope she don't get the bug. Her moma had it to start with a few weeks ago and she didn't get sick so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

January 30, 2011
5:21 PM

Post #8339419

She gets cuter and cuter everytime I see her;o)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 30, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8339608

the garden club lost anoyher member today. funeral tomorrow in paris the body will be sent to maryland thats where she was from, along way from home and family so i will be gone most of the day.one of the granddau had a fender bender in town tonight. no one was hurt thank the LORD kids you just never know what they are going to do.love and hugs nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 30, 2011
7:32 PM

Post #8339666

Oh my Nettie! Yes, thank God no one was hurt! So sorry to hear about losing a friend. My heart felt condolences to you, and will say a prayer for you and the family. It won't be the same here without you tomorrow, but we understand completely. Just know that we will miss you! Bless you dear lady!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 30, 2011
8:00 PM

Post #8339740

mekos she is beautiful thank you for the picjures just love her xnd those big blue eyes, my dhs birth day is march 10 1941 he also has blue eyes to of our kids have brown eyes one got blue, the youngest billy don my computer fixer. does that for a living is very good at it. this has been a long hard day ill be glad when its bed time. nettie mekos i forgot i planted some chionodoxa pink giant bulbs today do you have any of those planted 3pkg. of 18 each they sure do look pretty i hope they do good planted them between roses going to put all those daylilys between shrub roses lavendar ones stela and happy returns i think they will work. so much work so little time.

This message was edited Jan 30, 2011 11:17 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 30, 2011
8:17 PM

Post #8339762

Nettie, MY oldest son was born March 10th. My Dad was born March 7th, and my oldest Daughter was born March 15th. One of my grandaughters was born March 2nd. We got a lot of March birthdays.
I am also sorry for the loss of your friend and the accident, but we thank God she is ok and you be careful tomorrow. We'll miss you and sending hugs and prayers your way.
Good night, hope you get rest and peaceful sleep.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 30, 2011
9:31 PM

Post #8339861

mekos ashleys birthday feb. 14 she is a senior this year im so happy she didn,t get hurt. she has bkue eyes her younger sister has green eyes brown hair ash is a platnum blond natural very fair skin tall and slim erin says grandma is very short person and i am.i am blesed all my grand dau. are pretty. not an eugly one in the bunch.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 30, 2011
9:38 PM

Post #8339866

rrm have tou ever taken meloxicam for your auther that whay=t they give me im thinking it is bothering my stomach could be alargy meds but ive never had a problem with it before. thank you for the prayers they are needed, love nettie someone needs to ask for a new thread this one is getting real long,

This message was edited Jan 30, 2011 11:54 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

January 31, 2011
7:05 AM

Post #8340327

NEW THREAD PLEASE!!!!
I asked Nettie, you take care and hug on those Grandkids a lot. Hope you feel better soon.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 31, 2011
7:15 PM

Post #8341628

ok im home hope you all had a good day myne was ok but glad it is over. nettie they think we are going to get some real bad weather tonight, ihope they may be wrong or at least thats what they are saying freezing rain rain snow maybe. sounds bad i can do without any of it.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

January 31, 2011
9:00 PM

Post #8341934

Nettie I am glad that you made it home safe and sound. It doesnt sound like you are going to have any better weather than we are. You be careful if you have to go out in it!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

January 31, 2011
10:10 PM

Post #8342025

im not goimg out if we get ice or snow t get to cold for that and if i go out i just get colder thats just how i am..love and hugs nettie.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
5:43 AM

Post #8342287

GEEZ...SNOW More of it! Another 6" of it last night, another big noreaster on the way Wed. and Thurs, we're expecting up to two feet more by the weekend! We were going to travel to Rochester (our "city") 60 miles north of here, but not today. We bundle up, buy groceries, and wait. I've got big neighbor kids that help shoveling, thank God. Somebody said that we live in ski country. Come visit if you can, enjoy the scenery because you might be here awhile. LOL

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 1, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8342309

LOL! Sorry, Al, but don't think I'll come visit for awhile! Too cold to go anywhere here. Woke up to a balmy -22 this morning. Maybe I'm getting old, but I think 22 below is just too cold! At least most of our plants and such are buried under lots of snow, so should be insulated some from this.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2011
8:08 AM

Post #8342562

I feel for y'all with your stormy weather. We're getting our own here - freeze warnings again the next 3 nights! Really? This is Phoenix? Grrrrrrrrr...
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
10:44 AM

Post #8342985

Sandi - Maybe we should fly down to Phoenix, meet with Kelly at the airport, and have a nice hot cocoa together. I don't know how warm it is, but has got to be warmer than here. First I've got to find an airplane that isn't frozen to the ground, which isn't many of them right now.

Al
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2011
11:10 AM

Post #8343091

We are in BLIZZARD warnings. High winds (50-40 mph), whiteout conditions, have 12 inches right now and it is going to continue to about 4:00 or so. Airports closed. So un-natural for us to get this much at one time, but this is the 2nd one in 2 years. The other one was not considered a 'blizzard' like this one is ... but we got about 10 inches that time. Buildings are collapsing. The new Hard Rock had the roof on the new poker room that hasn't been opened that long collapse! They said it was the size of 3 football fields. No one hurt, it had begun leaking water and they evacuated the area. I'm huddled down in the comfy recliner, fire in the fireplace, not going ANYWHERE! The farthest I venture is to take the fur babies outside to potty. One of them is 16 and blind, so it is especially hard on her. I am letting them potty on the patio because it just has a little snow on it. Oh, I guess we will have to travel across the road to feed the horses this afternoon. DH went over at 3 a.m. and got their feed pans, so they weren't buried by snow. He is up all different hours of the night. lol Then down to chop ice... grrrrrrrrrrrrr
This is suppose to continue all week ... then up to 40 on Friday. Told my boss I was calling in 'snow' (instead of sick) for the rest of the week. :-)
Here is our new addition to the family. He is a purebred Rat Terrier I rescued from one of our local PAWS shelters. They were showing a shelter that was going to have to close it's doors due to lack of funding, and I caught a quick glimpse of him on the film. I backed up the film and showed my husband, and the next night I went over and got him. He's a good boy. Sets on your lap quietly, but runs around and the other dog chases him when they are outside. He's 6 months old, have to train him to use the doggie doors.

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2011
11:13 AM

Post #8343101

Snow, taken about 4 hours ago.

Thumbnail by Crit

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
11:27 AM

Post #8343125

Okay Crit - You're invited too!

Al
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2011
11:30 AM

Post #8343131

WELL HELLO EVERYONE!!!
Man, I had to follow 5 links, scroll down 15 times and look at all those pretty pictures of what all I've missed out on! Happy Birthday to all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, too! Love all the puppies, grandbabies, horseback riders and all the flower pics of course! Sure hope everyone is doing well and I have missed all of you!
I have been so busy at the nursery getting it ready for a March 15th opening date and ordering liners, seeds, plants, baskets, windchimes, and all of that fun stuff. We bought another location in Ashland, MS. It's a statuary but we are going to add plant sales there so we are just ticking the time down, waiting for that wonderful day when my hubby can QUIT HIS JOB!! My son Michael has come home and he is going to work at the statuary with my hubby pouring molds and making all those pretty concrete tables, benches and what not.
The girls have been helping me at the nursery along with my MIL and aunt so it's shaping up to a family affair! I have lots of tropicals and ferns and just got in my first liner shipments of Lantana, Calibrachoa, Petunias, Setcreasea, and hanging baskets. So I have been really busy potting them up. I have this really cool machine that I got to use for the first time yesterday. It is a seed planter that operates on vacuum. I pour the seeds onto the tray, (different trays depending on the liner trays, 72, 105, 288) turn on the vacuum, it sucks the seed to the hole, I flip it upside down and unplug the vacuum hose and it plops the seed right down on the soil in each hole. It is so fun! LOL
Saves a ton of time,too. Yesterday I did a tray of cabbage, a few marigolds, and am going to try others today. Fun!
Hope all is going well for everybody and hope to see you all again soon! Hugs!! Thoughts to all who are in winter storm warnings. TTYS!

PS The pic is of my new sign that's due in anyday now! :D

Thumbnail by MechelleT

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
11:34 AM

Post #8343143

bill tells me we must get mollie some horse feed i think we need to get 2 or 3 sacks so we don,t have to go out any more until this mess stops im noy very high on snow or ice. but im not gona let him go by himself. love and hugs nettie have a good day all. may have kaci come over and put some more pictures. might be good for all of us.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
11:53 AM

Post #8343177

Love the sunflower design Mechelle!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2011
12:08 PM

Post #8343208

[quote="littlenettie"]bill tells me we must get mollie some horse feed i think we need to get 2 or 3 sacks so we don,t have to go out any more until this mess stops im noy very high on snow or ice. but im not gona let him go by himself. love and hugs nettie have a good day all. may have kaci come over and put some more pictures. might be good for all of us.[/quote]

I'm with YOU nettie. Had DH pick up 3 sacks of feed and a bag of crimped oats, along with an extra 5 gallon of gasoline in case we lose power we have fuel for the generator.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2011
12:10 PM

Post #8343210

WELCOME BACK Mechelle!!!!!!! I have been wondering about you. So glad everything is coming together on your new places. I so envious. That is my dream ...

Are you going to have those cool looking type plants like lollipop and shrimp plants?

This message was edited Feb 1, 2011 2:12 PM
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 1, 2011
12:20 PM

Post #8343230

Well, it's so cold here that when DH went out to get in the pickup, the door handles popped right off. Shattered plastic in his hand. GRRRRRR!! Broke both off, so we now have no way to get the doors open on his pickup. If we have to break the window out to open the door, I'm gonna be really P-O'd. Al, I'm thinking flying somewhere warmer is a great idea !!!! Too bad all the airports are closed too, lol!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 1, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8343240

Welcome back Mechelle!! We have all missed you so much! Are you going to be doing mail order? Might be the only place I can find calibrachoas! I am so excited for you! And so very envious and jealous too, lol! You are living the dream for a lot of us! Good luck!! I am sure you will be a huge success!!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2011
12:39 PM

Post #8343274

Hi peeps;o)

Love your new pup Crit!! Cute Cute Cute!

Welcome back Mechelle, you stranger;o) I love the sign! Happy to hear things are moving along as planned!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
1:32 PM

Post #8343404

Pretty Amirillas, my biggest bloom.this bloomed outside in may ihought id better add that nettie

This message was edited Feb 1, 2011 5:10 PM

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
1:41 PM

Post #8343435

New baby plant.

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
1:46 PM

Post #8343442

mekos is that a vft ithought it was a pitcher plant then it started makeing little claws on the ends im not very smart. get back with me on this please love nettie and let me add love the new sign verry nuch

This message was edited Feb 1, 2011 4:13 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
1:53 PM

Post #8343464

that amerllis is white but called green goddis spelled that wrong but you know what i mean nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
3:53 PM

Post #8343718

i think this is another flower show called a table for one we shal see nettie

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8343733

the dau got a blue ribon on her flower arrangment

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
4:03 PM

Post #8343737

mekos these are some of the yellow la. iris in milissa floe=wer arr.love nettie i think ive put up enough pict ures for one day.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
6:53 PM

Post #8344066

crit your dh should have used a hair dryer on the door handles before he tried to open them. sory he crunched his door handles some plyers might help him get in it. don,t know for sure but beats knocking a window out. can you open them from the inside like go in by the window with a cloths hanger and pull the inside handle and open the door once you get in yyou could leave a window down enough to reach in and open the door the local police might have a solution to your problem you can tell i locked myself out of my car alot did that alot at work 3 yimes one might thats when i had a key made for it and left it at maintance, worxed for me, love nettie

This message was edited Feb 1, 2011 9:05 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
9:18 PM

Post #8344269

crit i hate it when things like youall have heppen wish i could help maybe one of your neighbors will hane good asvice for you. i would find a solution if i was closer but too far away to be of much help.i have beel known to thawdoors with hot water what ever i could find ive also been told i have a cog missing. thats ok by me and brobly true. take care it will all pass in time.

This message was edited Feb 1, 2011 11:20 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 1, 2011
11:56 PM

Post #8344348

loca could we have a new thread thanklyou love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 2, 2011
12:06 AM

Post #8344349

mechelle i just love the new sign did you design it or have some one do it for you. your looking good girl i know you will be ready for your grandopening sounds fun wish i lived closer id love to help you love nettie.im going to bed have a good night and be safe.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 2, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8344835

New thread just for you nettie...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1152857/
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 10, 2011
7:48 AM

Post #8364208

Well, we finally got up to double digits above zero, and now it's going to snow more. Well, it's a good thing! I was afraid that the 3-6 feet we already have was going to melt off before June.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8366750

Hahahahaha. We only got a dusting, not the 2 inches they were calling for. I count my blessings. YIPPIE!
Happy Valentines day to all!

Thumbnail by mekos

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America