Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Books, Movies, and TV: American Idol 2011

Communities > Forums > Books, Movies, and TV
bookmark
Forum: Books, Movies, and TVReplies: 6, Views: 68
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8321980

Anyone want to chat Idol for 2011?

I DVRed the two nights and skipped some and just fast forwarded thru most of the rest, unless a personal story looked promising, or one of the singers for whom they showed an entire audition turned out good.
A few cute moments, like one guy singing outside who was drowned out by a boat horn in New Orleans.
The only one stuck in my mind today is the kid with the frizzy hair, did Bohemian Rhapsody. Interesting voice. The girls pretty much blend into a big blob.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2011
8:00 AM

Post #8322227

I missed both nights and they don't have full episodes on line...which is pretty lame...what are the special or something? every other show can post full episodes the next day, it's not like it's the live shows yet...ticks me off
Amber_lee
Seminole, OK
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8323003

I like JLO and Stephen Tyler. I haven't watched it steady in the past because of Simon Fuller. I would feel so bad for the people he was tearing in to. lol The frizzy haired kid and the chunky boy who looked 12 but was really 15 were both good. How about the guy who tried to sing Sinatra? He was horrible, poor guy.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2011
6:47 AM

Post #8323904

I got glimpses of lots of horrible ones, as usual!. They really played up one guy, he even went to Idol Camp- then he was bad. Jlo and Stephen were both kind, Randy was pretty quiet.

I felt like they did not criticize anyone who did a 'copy' of a popular song, but maybe that aspect comes later. Striving for the individual.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 22, 2011
7:21 PM

Post #8325048

A lot of good singers, none really stand out that much to me, but, I am absolutely LOVING Steven and Jennifer as judges!!
floweringchild
Jamestown, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 5, 2011
3:52 PM

Post #8356048

I am an Ellen DeGeneres fan, but she was not that good on IDOL. Now I LOVE LOVE Steven Tyler and J-LO. Steven is so funny and J-LO is so beautiful and kind. Randy is rude to laugh at ppl when they really think they are good. Someone in their family should tell them!! But Randy shouldn't laugh at them.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 5, 2011
4:01 PM

Post #8356061

I forgot all about Ellen being there last season! I'm a fan to but I guess her Idol stint was sort of forgettable, eh?
I agree they should stop short of cruel harsh truth. A simple no, or gentle truth, would work.
I missed it all this week.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Books, Movies, and TV Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs: At the Earth's Core dave 8 Jul 12, 2007 7:54 AM
Harry Potter?? evelyn_inthegar 63 Feb 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Stephen King's Dark Tower gardenwife 40 Dec 20, 2010 9:34 PM
What's The Story With Johnny Appleseed? VGMKY 13 Jul 26, 2008 2:00 AM
Fictionwise FREE ebooks drop 4 May 28, 2007 3:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America