Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Catalpa Tree: catalpa

Communities > Forums > Article: The Catalpa Tree
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Catalpa TreeReplies: 1, Views: 2
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
windy126
Waupaca, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 22, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8324611

Thank you Sharon Brown for letting me know how beautiful the wood is when carved. I have a big old Catalpa in the yard and planted another one on the opposite of the yarn. We love the blossoms and the structure of the tree. I have been taking carving classes at the local tech for several years. We are mostly Senior Citizens including the instructor. You have now inspired me to use the branches to carve instead of using them in the fireplace in the Winter. Nice to hear from another who thinks these trees are beautiful.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2011
4:31 PM

Post #8324749

Hi Windy!

That's so good to know, and I'm so glad you have the wood right there to use. My old 3D instructor would be proud that I passed his lesson on.

I'm not very good with carving, so I haven't done much of it. I hope you enjoy the wood, and I do hope the carving turns out well for you. Maybe you could share a photo of a finished catalpa project someday soon.

Stay warm up there!!
Thank you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Catalpa Tree Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Catalpa - a tropical stand-in LariAnn 33 Jan 24, 2011 9:11 AM
Childhood memories LarryR 9 Jan 3, 2011 3:54 PM
I love catalpa trees! nap 1 Jan 3, 2011 8:03 AM
Chitalpa nogottarancho 3 Jan 3, 2011 3:51 PM
catalpa trees laneybob 1 Jan 3, 2011 3:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America