Photo by Melody

Article: Mail ordering succulents and cacti: my experiences: And here's another great source

Communities > Forums > Article: Mail ordering succulents and cacti: my experiences
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mail ordering succulents and cacti: my experiencesReplies: 3, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
zee_zinnia
Berkeley, CA

January 24, 2011
9:01 AM

Post #8327573

Boy, can I relate to the concept of "wanting to have them all" when it comes to ordering new succulents! I just set up a little tent-style greenhouse on a sunny patch of land specifically so I can treat those babies right! I placed a LARGE order with SMG (www.smgsucculents.com) and everything arrived in great shape, carefully packed in little brown bags with printed tags accompanying each cutting. They, too have a great website and my only problem was holding myself back from ordering more. Thanks for the article, Geoff.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2011
2:23 PM

Post #8328060

thanks for that info... not the sort of succulents that interest me (most won't survive this climate), but looks like a good website.
PGriffith
North Augusta, SC

January 24, 2011
5:14 PM

Post #8328378

How can I tell which succulents are likely to survive in my climate?

I have been growing a purple sedum "Postman's pride", but lately I've been tempted by things like Echeveria, semperviviums, and other sedums. I'm in South Carolina, which is very humid most of the year, in zone 8.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8328427

I think, but don't quote me, that Sempervivums like your climate (they tend to be quite cold hardy)... but they hate hot, dry heat (like here)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mail ordering succulents and cacti: my experiences Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Ah, Geoff, I think you are an enabler! Bookerc1 4 Feb 3, 2009 6:40 AM
An appreciative reader Dlmcgrw 0 Jan 29, 2009 11:54 PM
aloe mite ashjuniper 0 Feb 3, 2009 12:06 AM
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS SUPPLIER YET?? RSBarclay 1 Jan 19, 2011 12:18 PM
E. 'Extreme Ruffles'. cyrd 0 Jan 24, 2011 2:49 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America