Photo by Melody

Winter Sowing: Do you keep a flower garden journal?

Communities > Forums > Winter Sowing
bookmark
Forum: Winter SowingReplies: 3, Views: 66
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2011
1:32 AM

Post #8334492

We all sometimes have great intentions but we never seem to get "round tuit." I have a tendency to print off too much material from gardening websites/blogs. I have a problem of filing that stuff, so it piles up. I saw a picture on one of the websites showing a file index, but I don't know how to do that on the computer. I don't know if I even have the software for it on my computer. What categories do you use most in your gardening journal. I only sow flower seeds;no veggies, trees or shrubs. Maybe your ideas could work for my journal. Would you mind sharing your ideas?
CLScott
Calgary
Canada

January 28, 2011
5:47 PM

Post #8335930

I use a scrawl journal because I found that I did not take the time to keep
computer spread sheets up to date.
I write on one side of the pages according to dates that I seed or plant or see something bloom.
On the opposite page I scribble notes on the seeds or plants that I come across.
In the winter I can go back and see what worked well or what changes need to be made.
A digital camera is also a good record accessory for gardeners.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2011
7:11 AM

Post #8336612

I try... and I have good intentions... but i usually fail on all aspects of 'journaling' with the exception of my spreadsheet.

I have a spiral notebook that i use when i am winter sowing.. .that info gets put into my spreadsheet.

I was always hoping one day to do a journal with images... but i've never gotten the time to sit and do that.
GardenDroid
Puyallup, WA

February 22, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8385945

I use microsoft onenote. You can create pages and sections just like a virtual notebook, and you can drag and drop pictures onto the pages as well. I keep sections for each type of plant and bring in pictures I take through the season. Makes for a great way of keeping track of your progress and what you did year over year.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Winter Sowing Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Winter Sowing Seed Swap .....part 2 alicewho 213 Mar 23, 2007 1:01 PM
Lessons learned for next year #2 zenpotter 256 Mar 23, 2007 7:56 AM
Milk jugs TurtleChi 99 Mar 19, 2007 12:20 PM
WS Poppies & transplant problems marie_ 100 May 11, 2011 4:44 PM
Database germination info bluespiral 6 Mar 5, 2008 12:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America