Do you keep a flower garden journal?

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

We all sometimes have great intentions but we never seem to get "round tuit." I have a tendency to print off too much material from gardening websites/blogs. I have a problem of filing that stuff, so it piles up. I saw a picture on one of the websites showing a file index, but I don't know how to do that on the computer. I don't know if I even have the software for it on my computer. What categories do you use most in your gardening journal. I only sow flower seeds;no veggies, trees or shrubs. Maybe your ideas could work for my journal. Would you mind sharing your ideas?

Calgary, Canada

I use a scrawl journal because I found that I did not take the time to keep
computer spread sheets up to date.
I write on one side of the pages according to dates that I seed or plant or see something bloom.
On the opposite page I scribble notes on the seeds or plants that I come across.
In the winter I can go back and see what worked well or what changes need to be made.
A digital camera is also a good record accessory for gardeners.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I try... and I have good intentions... but i usually fail on all aspects of 'journaling' with the exception of my spreadsheet.

I have a spiral notebook that i use when i am winter sowing.. .that info gets put into my spreadsheet.

I was always hoping one day to do a journal with images... but i've never gotten the time to sit and do that.

Puyallup, WA

I use microsoft onenote. You can create pages and sections just like a virtual notebook, and you can drag and drop pictures onto the pages as well. I keep sections for each type of plant and bring in pictures I take through the season. Makes for a great way of keeping track of your progress and what you did year over year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.