Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Sewing and Quilting: Endless Fabric Swap... Got something? Need something? # 7

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 210, Views: 1,577
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 28, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8336247

Let the trades continue!
Here it is again... another thread full of people willing to share and swap. Tell us what you are looking for, what you no longer want... just come and have fun!

OK... here it is. A place to get rid of some of YOUR scraps and no longer wanted yardage in exchange FOR something you DO want!

Please use the following format.
I WANT...
I HAVE... unless you specify, it is assumed this is 100% cotton and suitable for quilting.

If the fabric is NOT prewashed, please state that. When you are NO longer interested in trading, simply delete your post. If you have a new want, repost do not edit unless it is for qualification sake. That way "read new posts" will still be a good way to check updates.

You can exchange precut 5" charms blocks or anything else if you can find a willing exchange partner. You are responsible for having your address in the address exchange. It is a matter of trust and preference if someone will or will not trade with you. If you are NOT a member, and have not established yourself, you might have trouble finding trades. Ok, let the fun begin!!

Please post feedback so people can determine who is a "good trader" and who may be experiencing some issues.

RECAP as I currently know it for IN SEARCH OF: ANY updates quilters???

Mojoquilter/ Sonja white and/or cream tone-on tones TRUE red and white (NO other colors in the print) Dark Autumn stones: dk blue, greens, burnt orange, red, black & dk purple, beige & neutrals, ALL at least 8x8

Quilterbdsr5/ Barb: White and/or cream neutrals and tone-on-tones

BarefootT/ Thunder - Dog prints and other 'kiddie' and juvenile prints for the quilts she donates. Scraps as small as 1.5 inches for a postage stamp quilt

Quilter: WANTS nothing at this time!!! LOL

Mittsy: donates baby quilts to a neonatal center AND working on a placemat project

Abbisgranma/ Marion: does not need anything at the moment... maybe later!

Siliolegma: None stated yet?

Psychw2/ Pat: Scraps in pinks or lime greens, black&whites." Safari or jungle animal prints, they need only be 5 x 5 or bigger.

FLStu: Black & White and Black&White&Red prints, especially positive and negatives (reversal of colors on same print)

Taters55: nothing stated at the moment.

A big thank you to all the generous people who have so willingly shared their bounty!!! Barb and Karen especially! Most of us have benefited from their generousity. I hope we are all current with our postage costs, either in "advance" or "after you get your package" however any fellow quilter prefers to handle their postage expenses.

Are there any changes to the above "Want list" that I need to edit???

And here is the thread for the RESULTS: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1122524/

This message was edited Jan 29, 2011 9:49 AM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2011
4:09 AM

Post #8336374

Pat, you can remove the sunflower print, as that project is finished! Thanks to everyone that sent fabric to me!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2011
4:19 AM

Post #8336380

Yes, And LK was nice enough to re-gift her left over sunflowers to me.

Pat, I'm glad you mentioned the girafes. I keep forgetting to look for what I have to send out to you. Hopefully I'll remember until I get downstairs!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 29, 2011
9:46 AM

Post #8336850

"remember until I get downstairs" LOL... yeah, I know "I KNOW there is something I was supposed to post" and then FORGET!! Oh well...

I have NO idea why the gas furnace stopped working last night but is 50 degrees in the house. I'm rustling up a couple of electric heaters to make do until my Sweetie can fix the furnance. I hope whatever he needs to do can be done TODAY!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2011
12:36 PM

Post #8337150

Sure hope you find the problem with your heater! Stay warm please?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2011
1:01 PM

Post #8337190

Pat - just go visit Linda Kay with the rest of us!!!!
And I did forget the fabric till I just read this...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 29, 2011
2:31 PM

Post #8337344

My Sweetie fixed it!! I am such a Lucky Ducky that he has so many skills and is such a sweet man!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2011
3:38 PM

Post #8337433

Glad to hear you have a warm home again!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8337634

It's GOOD to be WARM!!!! Tell hubby we are proud of his expertise!!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 30, 2011
3:32 AM

Post #8338154

Hurray for Ben...keeping the Doc all warm and toasty!!!
working the day shift again...nice to come home for family dinner :-) but I sure don't like the sound of the alarm clock!!!

Y'all have a great day!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 30, 2011
8:45 AM

Post #8338547

I don't work a weekend again until 2/19... We still have one DMHP that is "off the schedule" for at least another month so the work load is pretty intense. I wouldn't mind the alarm clock so much if I could sleep better consistently.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 30, 2011
8:37 PM

Post #8339790

I "hear ya " Doc...I would be just thrilled if I could get more than 3 hours at a stretch...

family time is awesome, but working some days 7am - 4pm, and some days 2pm -11pm, my sleep schedule is totally out a whack...
I have tomorrow off and and hoping I can get my log cabin just about finished...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 30, 2011
9:46 PM

Post #8339873

The company that used to work my husband until 11 PM and then have him back on shift at back at 7AM to 3 PM or another favorite, work until 11 PM and have another shift from 3PM to 11PM and a special mandatory meeting at 10 AM, that used to frost me!! WHEN did they expect him to sleep? Everyday I am grateful he no longer works there.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

February 14, 2011
8:35 PM

Post #8372750

Jean (Quilter), thank you so much for the beautiful Wild Animal print, it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I keep hoping I'll learn how to use my husband's digital camera and post pictures.

Laura (Housse) sent me fabric that included some BRIGHT lime greens (to go in the 'cat quilt') and strips of brown fabric and a really nice sage green that will look great with the animal fabric.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2011 8:36 PM
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 15, 2011
4:30 AM

Post #8372908

Pat - glad you like it. Not sure what I used it for!!!! When I got it out I was surprised to see a piece missing. I still haven't found the girafe fabric I know I have!!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

February 15, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8374197

AW quilters! We hide our stashes or lose them only to rediscover them ... occassionally!!! LOL

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 16, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8374765

Pat... it's known in common circles as 'quilter's alzheimers'... or selective memory...lol.
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

February 16, 2011
8:01 PM

Post #8376266

Is anyone up for a challenge? I'm not, so...

I got some FQ's in a bulk purchase that are either bum ugly or I'm sure that I will never use them.

Honest to pete, there are a couple of these that I can't even imagine in a string quilt. We're talkin' ugggggggggleeeeeeeee. Anyone want to give them a try?

I don't want anything for them - I just want to not have to move them out of my way every time I go to do something. :) Anyone want to try to make silk purses? (Though, realistically, some of these don't even rise to the level of "sow's ears." :D )

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2011
8:23 PM

Post #8376297

What colors do you have? Any pictures? Maybe they can be a baby quilt?

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

February 16, 2011
8:47 PM

Post #8376333

LOL... I'd take ANY greens you have!
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

February 16, 2011
9:42 PM

Post #8376395

These would scare a baby.

Psych, I think it may have some greens - but you have to take the whole thing. *g*
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8376629

If no one else wants these I'll take them to my charity quilting group. These ladies make some remarkable Crazy Quilts from all sorts of pieces.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

February 17, 2011
7:20 AM

Post #8376819

Go for it Jean and show us some HORROR pictures of the bum uuggggglllllleeeeee little FQs!!!
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

February 17, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8377225

Qwilter, I'm happy to send them. Send me your snail mail address and I will get them off to you.

Psych are you looking for any specific types of greens? I have been collecting fabrics for an applique quilt and that will have a lot of tone-on-tone and small prints and blenders. I might have some extras in there.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

February 17, 2011
7:56 PM

Post #8378231

I've been throwing all the greens that have come my way from my sister's garage sale stuff etc into one bin. I'll make a scrappy quilt out of it one of these days! ANY green is fine as long as it's basically "all green"; meaning green and black plaid is ok, or white and green print, TOT, blenders etc but not a green foliage with pink flowers. I'm probably not making myself very clear!! What you described is perfect.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2011
3:46 AM

Post #8378467

I may have some greens you would like...
I'm determined to get rid of all my "less than 1/2 yd" left over pieces before I move.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

February 18, 2011
7:16 AM

Post #8378757

WOW Jean, less than 1/2 yard pieces?? I frequently BUY 1/2 yard pieces!!! Just let me know the cost of postage so I can send it.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2011
2:19 PM

Post #8386909

Elizabeth - you must have sent the "wrong" pieces. They are so NOT ugly. it might say something about my taste. I'll post a pic. The bright pieces will look great in kids quilts & the darker ones can go into the quilts for the Veteran's home.

Pat - sent a pack of greens & a couple "surprise" fabrics out to you this afternoon.
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

February 22, 2011
3:37 PM

Post #8387034

I dunno, Jean. Maybe it says something about mine. ;)

I don't think I could find a use for miniature beer steins if I quilted for a hundred years. And that world map thing - ugh! A couple of them were okay, but they don't fit with anything else I have.

I'm glad they got there so quick, though. If nothing else, you can use them as foundation fabric for string quilts. :)
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8387153

It's more like it says something about "me"!!!! My quilting friends really wonder about some of the fabrics I buy. I can see them inwardly rolling their.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

February 22, 2011
7:10 PM

Post #8387399

Hummmmmmmmmm... hoping none of my "surpises" include beer steins!! LOL (although I have one son who probably would think I finally got him what he wanted! )

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 3, 2011
8:41 PM

Post #8405656

Jean/Quilter, the BIG squishie envelope came today with all the beautiful fabrics in it. LOTS of greens and lovely teals! The giraffe fabric is so pretty. I don't think it will make it into my current Safari print, the beautiful teal does not harmonize well with the other fabrics but it is certainly going into something beautiful I'm sure!!! THANKS so much!

The other wild animal print goes REALLY well with some other jewel tones fabrics I have. I think I'll likely combine them for a lap blanket for the assisted living facility where I visit.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 6, 2011
1:44 PM

Post #8410523

Here are the "not so ugly" fat qtrs from Elizabeth

Thumbnail by Qwilter
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 6, 2011
4:15 PM

Post #8410824

Those aren't that bad at all. I can think of a couple places to use some...I's like the hats made as a small purse with maybe the dots as a liner. I also like the flower one on the left with the globes as a liner...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

March 6, 2011
6:10 PM

Post #8410998

I'm with you Jean, those aren't BAD!! LOL
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 7, 2011

Post #8411411

I'm thinking the beer steins & globes would go nicely in a QOV -as background - manly, a bit different, & the right colors!!!!!
The hats, florals, & polka dots will be nice for a Downey/Childrens quilt.

That leaves just the black & beige floral needing a purpose.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2011
12:42 PM

Post #8511425

I was gifted with this fabric a year or so ago. I think there are at least 6 yards if not more. It is wrapped 18 times around the bolt cardboard. I'm a pretty good crammer so I think it might go into a medium flat rate box, but not sure as I don't have one at the moment. The pattern is burgandy and hunter green. I'll get a medium box first chance I get and edit message. Let me know if you need exact yardage.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8511828

siliolegma... if it's not claimed, I'd like to take it. I have a friend with a horse ranch that it would work perfectly for in a Q. let me know if you'd like postage or fabric for trade.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2011
4:22 PM

Post #8511922

All yours Stu.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8512143

THAT will be great backing and some FABULOUS fussy cut blocks! That is very sweet of you Karen, GREAT score Stu!

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 21, 2011
6:03 PM

Post #8512163

Thanks again Karen. Wasn't thinking of a Q for Dianna and her family, but that's perfect...I have some great fabric to coordinate.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 22, 2011
3:15 AM

Post #8512831

Pat... exactly. I'm thinking on using the individual blocks for centers for a Log Cabin, Mock LC or Greek Key.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2011
5:27 PM

Post #8520204

Stu, I haven't been out of the house in days fighting an awful cold, so sorry. I'll send fabric as soon as I can.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

April 25, 2011
7:33 PM

Post #8520574

Silio... not to worry. I've got several projects before I can even start to think about Dianna's Q. Get better first. I have LOTS of time.
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

May 4, 2011
12:22 PM

Post #8539515

Ok, I'll give it a go . . .

I WANT... looking for Disney type material. My sister is big into Disney cruises, and she's already planning for the next one. She wants to make something called a fish extender . . . which I hadn't heard of, until she showed me the link to the forum where all the Disney cruisers post . . . She likes fireworks, too . . . so if there are any Disney materials with fireworks, that'd be fantastic. Yardage . . . pattern calls for 1/4 yard, then smaller pieces from there.

I HAVE... a great variety of fat quarters . . . or postage, if I have nothing that someone wants . . .

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2011
12:50 PM

Post #8539554

Show us what an fish extender is please? I don't have any disney fabric.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

May 4, 2011
1:16 PM

Post #8539609

Wondering if a Fish Extender is anything like Hamburger Helper?
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

May 4, 2011
1:54 PM

Post #8539703

LOL, Stu . . . I don't think so! If only it were that easy!

Here is a link with the instructions to make one . . . WHY they call them "fish extenders" I don't know . . . unless it's because there is a fish hook outside each room on the ship . . . and that's what they hang them from . . .

http://www.scrappingthemagic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2739

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

May 4, 2011
4:03 PM

Post #8539977

thats pretty neat...would love to know the origins of the name and the concept...giving each other little gifts...very nice...
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

June 3, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8606956

Ok, it's been a few weeks, but I finally finished one today. It actually is not a time consuming project, but I did the back . . . then a few days later I cut the pockets . . . a few days after that, I actually put the pleats/binding on the pockets . . . a day or two later attached the pockets . . .

You get the idea.

Thumbnail by Syrumani

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 3, 2011
6:07 PM

Post #8606998

Adorable -great job Nichole...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2011
8:08 PM

Post #8607306

Nice job!

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 4, 2011
3:09 AM

Post #8607687

Went on the web to find out what Fish Extenders were. Neat idea. Guess there's people who do a lot of Disney cruises and there are web sites and groups, much like this ad DG, for 'frequent fliers'... I could get into cruises as a vacation destination/hobby.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 4, 2011
9:27 AM

Post #8608239

I suppose if I had MONEY and TIME I could think about trying it Stu!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 4, 2011
8:10 PM

Post #8609477

I tried cruises a couple of times, they're just not for me. I love traveling and we have done quite a bit, but I just didn't like the cruise part of our trips. I'm not a sit around the pool person, nor do I care to sit in the bars and that seemed to be the main activity on the ships.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 4, 2011
8:26 PM

Post #8609501

besides eating until you pop...LOL

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 5, 2011
4:04 AM

Post #8609867

Silio... Maybe try a quilting cruise. I haven't yet, but I have been on a seminar cruise where I was in lectures when we did the 'cruise' portion. It may not be for your companion, if you bring one, but there are usualy other things that you can do besides sit poolside. Cruises aren't for everyone, that's true. However, once in a while I don't mind doing nothing and just relaxing. It's so rare to be able to do.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 5, 2011
6:47 AM

Post #8610118

I used to think the ideal trip to Hawaii would be a cruise. I've taken 2 Caribbean and Alaska, loved the touring part but too antsy on board. Even the meals were less than I had heard, at least to my way of thinking. I would fly or drive back to Alaska in a heartbeat.
Sorry Stu but unless I had my entire sewing room with me...
sweetee288
Orlando, FL

June 25, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8654655

Ok, new to this whole thing. So, hopefully I am posting this right, lol.
I WANT: 100% Cottons in fun, bright, funky, unique prints, kids prints, holiday prints, and quirky prints
I HAVE: Tons and Tons of 100% Cotton Flannels, in fun, bright, funky, unique prints, lol, as well as baby and boring normal colors.
Now what happens next?

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 25, 2011
7:46 PM

Post #8654710

NOW you wait and see if anyone contacts you. This "thread" hasn't been too active lately so maybe you will stir it up a little!
sweetee288
Orlando, FL

June 25, 2011
7:49 PM

Post #8654717

Thanks. I think I am going to like this site.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 25, 2011
8:04 PM

Post #8654757

hey every body sweetee is my SIL...

Hey sweetie if you post a few pictures of what your willing to trade...you might get some body interested...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2011
3:53 AM

Post #8655103

Welcome sweetee... any friend of Thunder's is a friend of ours!!!!!
We won't be far apart after I move down... MD house is "officially" For Sale!!!!

90% of my fabrics are already packed up so I can't help much till after I'm relocated.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 26, 2011
6:19 AM

Post #8655249

I will look for you...don't want any flannels but if I find some fabrics for you, you could send the flannels to Thunder for her baby quilts for charity.
sweetee288
Orlando, FL

June 26, 2011
2:08 PM

Post #8656004

Quilter5bdsr, send to Thunder? Nah, I'll drop them off when I go to visit my brother, so I can raid her stash, lol...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 26, 2011
2:51 PM

Post #8656073

OH ya... good plan!!! RAID her stash!!! hehehe

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

June 26, 2011
6:38 PM

Post #8656503

Between last Sunday and today, the fabric department has reappeared. Don't see the $1 0r $2 cheepies, but most of the $4.44 and $5.55/yd are of decent quality and a lot of fun prints. Maybe most not for my regular quilts, but for runners, dog covers and mats, charity quilts,etc, they're very decent.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2011
6:55 PM

Post #8656545

Ain't NOBODY gonna raid my stash :-) I am a fabric hoarder and proud of it!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 27, 2011
4:34 AM

Post #8657077

Thunder will be the only one of us with an armed quilt room!!!!! And signs that say "Mine! Mine! Mine!"

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 27, 2011
5:35 AM

Post #8657144

We can all just go shopping at Thunders place?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 27, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8657195

Welllll I do have an "armed" quilt room...but now Y'all know I'd share if I had somethin' ya really needed...

did I show Ya my new room???? I know I put pictures on fb, but not sure if I put any here??

Thumbnail by barefootT

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 27, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8657209

another "view" still needs some organizing here and there, but it is at least now a "workable" space!!!!

Thumbnail by barefootT

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 27, 2011
7:31 AM

Post #8657385

Looking good Thunder, I wish mine looked as good... but I'm plugging along on it.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 27, 2011
9:26 AM

Post #8657589

http://link.eml.keepsakequilting.com/s/ve?eli=51607559&si=8428463978&cfc=3html

Special offer

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 27, 2011
3:38 PM

Post #8658239

Wow, that is a good sale!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 27, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8658496

OH my there were some beautiful things at that link! Alas, no money, no fun! LOL

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 27, 2011
6:38 PM

Post #8658578

I wouldn't do the fat quarters as they wouldn't be my choice, but the bargain bin had some wonderful buys as low as $4. per yard.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 28, 2011
3:50 AM

Post #8659262

Last year the tent sale at Keepsake had $1.00 fat quarters. I selected a lot of them. Didn't have them this year and prices were pretty high, no real bargains. The porch boxes were a bust as the "gimme hoarders" took everything and didn't share. No fun, at all.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 28, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8659698

Mittsy, what is a Porch boxes? Did I miss something? I don't understand what that is.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

June 28, 2011
9:13 AM

Post #8659878

I know what it is Pat but I'll let Mittsy explain. She's much better at that. Let me just say this. I've found myself being disappointed in Keepsake lately and I can't really put my finger on why. I don't know if it is the people there or the lack of consideration by the customers. But it is different.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 28, 2011
9:47 AM

Post #8659940

hello - are you still taking names//requests for this swap?
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 28, 2011
10:16 AM

Post #8659989

When Keepsake has their giant once a year tent sale, you line up two hours (or more) before the tent is opened for business. To keep you entertained the employees bring out cardboard boxes filled with fabric for you to pick through while you are waiting in line on the porch. You can buy a quart bag for $5.00 and put as much fabric in it as possible. Last year 2010, this was the most fun! This year NOT! The early line up people literally took all the boxes and hoarded it until they picked it over and took everything they wanted. Last year we "helped" other people in line search for things they wanted, and it was very different, nice and friendly. If you mentioned that you'd like fruit fabric then every piece of fruit fabric that surfaced, you were asked did you want this one? It was wonderful! If you said you needed various greens, then we all offered you the greens. It was just FUN! Suitable for Quilts of Valor, she got first pick. This is a picture of the porch.

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 28, 2011
10:17 AM

Post #8659992

a few $5 bags

Thumbnail by mittsy

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 28, 2011
11:08 AM

Post #8660069

Susan, this is an ongoing, never ending swap. If you have something you no longer want or need, put a photo and say what you want in trade. We also have a 5" square swap just starting another thread.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

June 28, 2011
11:49 AM

Post #8660134

ok Karen :-)
Just didn't want to assume!
I'll post pics later.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8682844

Stu, received the postage today, thank you. I'd have sent a D-mail but I had sent 2 and was notified that there are now limits on how many we can send per day. 2 ???????

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 9, 2011
8:56 PM

Post #8683040

limits on d-mail? What next...?!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2011
9:19 PM

Post #8683068

there is a limit of 2 d-mails when you are not a subscriber, been that way for quite some time, you can receive more, but can only send two per day...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8683081

Well perhaps when we get moved and settled in I will be able to become a subscriber.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 9, 2011
9:38 PM

Post #8683090

ah - sorry, forgot about the "non-subscriber" thingie...

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8684585

I was not a subscriber for a long time...and soon will not be one again...for the few "paying places" I go when here...I can not justify the expense right now...rather spend the $$$ on fabric...or something for the GD :)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2011
4:01 PM

Post #8684605

Yes Thunder there are few place that I got to currently that need a subscription. Can a non-subscriber enlarge pictures (the one's we include with our post) to look at? THAT is something I would miss BIG TIME!!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2011
4:46 PM

Post #8684659

Pat, I'm not a subscriber, as far as I know, The only things I cannot do..in addition to more than 2 d-mails a day...is register my address in this area. I do know most of the garden areas are not available to me. Funny but I found this site in the first place because I had a garden question. I saw the sewing & quilting forum and Voila, here I am.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2011
6:41 PM

Post #8684838

I found this site when I was googling for some more information on paper I was doing on DEPRESSION!! It was several more years before I found it again and became a member. We all get here from a different route and stay for different reasons.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2011
8:12 PM

Post #8685030

Karen, that is about what happened to me!!! not sure about the pictures??? Hmmm???

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2011
8:15 PM

Post #8685035

When I click on a picture, it enlarges. Is that what you were asking Pat?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2011
8:18 PM

Post #8685038

yes I think that is what she was asking...thanks...my subscription is almost due, and I am trying to decide???...glad to know the pictures will work, sad I may not be able to get to some of the gardening / chat forums...but I do spend most of my time right here in the sewing and quilting forum...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2011
9:58 PM

Post #8685148

Yes, enlarging the pics is what I meant. I know I had to wait a little while to renew my subscription this last time... short on funds.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2011
6:19 AM

Post #8685502

I know that this move will help us financially, may even save our butts, but not sure yet what our total savings will be. Some things I'm less willing to give up than others and if I don't have to, it's even better. It's hard to be at this time of our life and not have what we had planned so carefully for. Along with many others this sad economy has turned our life upside down.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 11, 2011
7:11 AM

Post #8685588

I understand that Karen. I hope this move and change proves to solve some financial issues for you.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2011
8:07 AM

Post #8685696

I sure understand also...had hoped to be enjoying "early retirement" at this point in my life...now wondering if I will ever be able to retire???!!!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2011
9:26 AM

Post #8685896

Understand that Thunder, my hubby feels bad that he's not working at 72. He tries constantly to find work. This will take that pressure off him.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 11, 2011
9:33 AM

Post #8685920

Bob's gone for an interview today - his first! sure hope he gets it, if he wants it (don't know what they're paying, for one thing - has to be close to what he had before, with me not working either...)
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

July 11, 2011
8:43 PM

Post #8687296

Evening all! Does anyone have any scraps, fq's, etc. of Disney fabrics? Anything with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Bambi, princesses, etc. that I can use to make appliques out of?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 12, 2011
3:16 AM

Post #8687479

SInce Disney is copyrighted those fabrics will be difficult to find.
If you have a JoAnn's w/fabrics, they do have the Princess fabric.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8687619

I have princesses. I just need to find it and envelopes and stamps. LOL The joys of moving.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2011 7:45 AM

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
7:22 AM

Post #8687759

Yea! I found the princesses. The figures measure ...squares= about 6", ovals=about 4", figures on purple= about 4 1/2". If these work for you I can send whichever you want.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 12, 2011
10:09 AM

Post #8688065

siliolegma wrote:Stu, received the postage today, thank you. I'd have sent a D-mail but I had sent 2 and was notified that there are now limits on how many we can send per day. 2 ???????

You're more than welcome and I must apologize for not sending it out much sooner.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
3:17 PM

Post #8688748

LOL No prob. to tell the truth I had forgotten in all our mess right now.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2011
5:29 PM

Post #8690828

Nichole, I sent your princesses out today.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 13, 2011
9:06 PM

Post #8691191

Anyone have any bright coloured/patterned fleece? I'm making 16 patch blocks for lap blankies for our church's cry room (behind the Sanctuary). The squares I make the blocks out of are under 4" square. A bunch of leftover fleece was given to me by my cousin, Cher, and a lot of it was browns, dark blues, dark greens, burgundy and black. There is a bit of the yellows, whitels, pinks, grays, and light greens, but not much. I'd like cheerful fleece to balance it out. I don't need much, and they don't have to match. This is a crazy quilt, of same size pieces I'm putting together, but no specific colour patterning.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2011
9:18 PM

Post #8691213

Susan let me go digging tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I can send a bit. I'll see what size flat rate I can fit into, I'm a good crammer.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 13, 2011
10:18 PM

Post #8691270

lol thanks Karen! I"m a good crammer too - I still remember the "flat envie swap" LOL
Let me know what the postage is, and I'll return it!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8691453

Just remember postage to Canada is double what it would cost here, and they go by weight. All the flat rate boxes I have taken to the post office here, I have been told there is no flat rate for Canada.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 14, 2011
7:51 AM

Post #8691741

It doesn't have to be much fabric, LK
I know that fleece weighs more than cotton,and even 10 4" squares same or different would be sufficient.
Whatever you sent would be an infusion of bright colour and that's what I want. Plus the fact that it would be something from You! :-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8692048

Wish I had some fleece to send you Susan. I have never bought any.
Would love to see one you have made?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 14, 2011
11:08 AM

Post #8692066

Here's the first one - as I said, a lot of dark colours, but am trying to "mix 'em up" a bit.
I'd never bought any fleece before, either. It was only my cousin giving some to me that caused me to think "out of the box" and create this soft blankie for the church's cry room.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
12:08 PM

Post #8692157

Susan, that is so pretty, and looks soooo comfy!

From what I have heard, you need to vacuum your machine out working with fleece. So it does not get clogged up with the lint.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 14, 2011
12:11 PM

Post #8692161

I don't stitch by machine - I do it by hand because I don't want it to get clogged. The only thing is, the backing is cotton, but I'll have to stitch it together by hand, too.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8692176

Wow, that is a lot of hand stitching!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 14, 2011
1:02 PM

Post #8692236

yup - but it's good to do while I'm watching TV. 16 squares per block, and I can do 1 1/2 blocks per day.

I Got An Interview - tomorrow at 2:30. They pay less than I'm used to, but at least they're willing to see me, and that's a first interview for me!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
1:26 PM

Post #8692276

Good luck at the interview tomorrow!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 14, 2011
2:43 PM

Post #8692418

Thank you, LK!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 14, 2011
4:30 PM

Post #8692609

Good luck Susan. And bless you for making those blankets by hand. How big are you making them?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

July 14, 2011
4:34 PM

Post #8692617

This one is 25x40"

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2011
3:08 AM

Post #8701096

For those looking for Disney prints, this sale is for today only (I think). Panels can be cut for the images if needed. Haven't looked at the selections, but should be qulting cottons there.

/creativity-headquarters-disney-magic.aspx
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

July 20, 2011
4:27 PM

Post #8704511

Oh, Stu . . . just my luck I see this the day after you post it! Oh, well . . . there will be other sales! Thanks for posting!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 25, 2011
6:22 PM

Post #8715109

I have traded or paid postage for so many beautiful pieces of fabric and MANY of them are going into the Winter theme or Christmas swap 2011, some are being used in the Charm swap. THANKS again to all who have sent fabric my way earlier!

I bought a funky piece of flannel, 3 yards worth for $1.50 from a yard sale last weekend. It's mint green with bacon and eggs print on it. I think it will make an acceptable man's lap quilt size rag quilt of denim and flannel.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 26, 2011
4:59 AM

Post #8715783

My Norm would love that print!!! He is such a bacon and eggs kind of guy!!!!

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2011
8:32 PM

Post #8724436

Hey everyone. I am in need of 3" x 9" scraps. If you have any please D-Mail me. Thanks. =)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 1, 2011
3:07 PM

Post #8730286

we're baaaack!! Lovely weather! Thoroughly enjoyed our time camping and will post pictures...

have to go unpack, so will be on later.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 2, 2011
5:24 AM

Post #8731575

What kind of scraps are you looking for Bev?

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2011
6:08 AM

Post #8731638

Hey Barb I am searching for anything that is 3" x 9". Any print, as long as it is cotton. It can be holiday, colored, kids, or even country, lol. Thanks for asking. Appreciate your time.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8731642

Also, does any one know of a site to go to for the socks for the sock monkeys? I made this one last night out of my one and only pair. Then of course, being Sew Sassee, hee hee, I gave her a bright pink dress with monkeys on it and a bow, lol. Crazy me. But, this pair of socks I got at a thrift store, so yeah, I need to know where to buy them preferably in other colors too. Any suggestions?

Thumbnail by SewSassee

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 2, 2011
6:54 AM

Post #8731711

I googled..sock monkey socks and several sites came up.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2011
8:09 AM

Post #8731811

http://vintagesockmonkey.com/Sock_Monkey_Supplies.html

http://www.sockmonkeysupplies.com/

http://www.sockmonkey.net/Sock_Monkey_Patterns.htm

http://www.admitonefabrics.com/sock-animals-and-inside-out-baskets

Here are a few places to look at.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 2, 2011
8:24 AM

Post #8731842

http://www.embroideredforbaby.com/redhemosobr.html
They ship to US and Canada

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8731924

e bay has some socks
http://shop.ebay.com/items/monkey sewing pattern?_dmd=1&_sop=12&rvr_id=252222630303&clk_rvr_id=252222630303&MT_ID=69&crlp=12727962334_1&tt_encode=raw&geo_id=1&keyword=monkey sewing pattern&adgroup_id=4023207694#item3f0c65f922

just so happens that I am trying to find a monkey pattern...not sock monkey...and came across these...

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2011
10:30 AM

Post #8732051

Thanks everyone for the links and advice on where to go for sock monkey socks.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 8, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8745369

I'm collecting blocks to start an I-spy quilt and I'm looking for 5 X 5 in Novelty prints. I have some green print FQ and other fabric I could trade with or, exchange I-spy blocks if you have one going yourself. Just let me know!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 8, 2011
9:00 PM

Post #8745710

greens!!! ooo ooooo oooo I like greens!!! :-) I will look through the stash, and if I find anything I think you would like I will send with the charms, and the Christmas / winter block...and the spider web...and...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 8, 2011
9:07 PM

Post #8745716

LOL... Thunder!! Do want it as FQs or green charms? I can do either.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 8, 2011
9:15 PM

Post #8745727

lets wait to see what I find for you, and what ever works best...it there are others who want some greens, and it would be "better" for you to cut up the 1/4's..then charms will be fine...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 8, 2011
9:16 PM

Post #8745729

I know what FQs are, but what are "charms"????

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 8, 2011

Post #8745732

five inch squares :)

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 8, 2011

Post #8745735

oooooooh ok, thanks!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 8, 2011
9:43 PM

Post #8745767

there's also jelly rolls, honey buns, layer cakes, turnovers...

jelly rolls...2 1/2 '' strips x width of fabric
honey buns.. 1 1/2'' strips x w.o.f.
layer cakes are 10 inch squares
turnovers are triangles, but i don't remember what size squares they are cut from ???

usually all made up of all of the fabrics in a "collection" most jelly rolls have 40 - 42 strips
honey buns similar
layer cakes are usually about 42 pieces
charms are often 42 pieces, but the amount varies with how many fabrics in a collection, and with manufacturer

have you been to the Moda bake shop???
http://www.modabakeshop.com/ they have lots of great free patterns, you may have to sign in?? I don't remember?? but it is free...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 9, 2011
3:14 AM

Post #8745960

They also call 5" squares nickles, 10" squares dimes, and then the "quarters".

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 9, 2011
3:56 AM

Post #8745992

Pat, once we move all our rooms around I will look to see what I have for iSpy. We have a lot of neat fabrics like that and I am sure I have some that would be great for you. It may be a few weeks before I can reach them, but I will look.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 9, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8746156

Turnovers are from 6 inch squares.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 9, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8746312

That would be great Bev! I'm in no hurry. I'm thinking this will be a Christmas gift project so plenty of time.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 9, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8746681

o my goodness - however am I to keep the names/sizes straight! I barely can keep FQ and F8ths straight in my soon-to-be-gone mind!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 9, 2011
11:01 AM

Post #8746690

...checking here in my stash also Pat. I don't need anything yet--still trying to get sewing room finished and organized. Moral: don't use a son for your contractor!!!!LOL

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 9, 2011
11:29 AM

Post #8746721

LOL one Could say, don't use a DH for a contractor either, which is why I don't lol
I rely on myself for these things - and they get Done, the way I want lol

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 9, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8747399

Hummmmmmm... is that why our studio is not yet complete??? I'm waiting on my husband to finish the remodeling!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

August 9, 2011
5:31 PM

Post #8747417

LOL cooooooould Be!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2011
12:43 PM

Post #8880326

Does anyone have any camouflage cotton fabric or know where I can get some? I can't find anything local, and guess I am not looking online in the right places?
Something like this one, and two or three other fabrics to go with it. 1 yard of each would be enough.

Thumbnail by taters55

Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2011
1:51 PM

Post #8880431

LindaKay I am pretty sure my LSQ has some...not the same type as the picture, more or less the army camouflage.
I will go there on wednesday and have a look and take a picture for you.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 7, 2011
1:53 PM

Post #8880436

hmmmm I may have some... will check when I get home

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2011
1:53 PM

Post #8880440

It needs it to look close to this fabric. My Niece is having a baby mid November, and this was her request. Guess she will get something else!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2011
1:54 PM

Post #8880444

Susan, that would be great.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2011
2:00 PM

Post #8880460

Nope the one we have here doesn`t look like the one in the picture...hope Susan has some like that.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2011
2:27 PM

Post #8880500

LOL, wow, must be a popular pattern! Just about all the links I've looked at are 'out of stock'..

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

November 7, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8880629

Ummmm hunting season...just saying.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2011
4:15 PM

Post #8880647

there are some here...some are cotton, some not..some cotton mixes..got to read the descriptions

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/vanish-arid-camo-cloth.htm

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2011
4:16 PM

Post #8880648

here is another

[HYPERLINK@www.fabricsfromtheheart.com]

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2011
4:51 PM

Post #8880691

Thanks for the links Thunder, first one is twill fabric, 2 nd one is out of stock...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 7, 2011
5:49 PM

Post #8880771

LK - this is what I have...
I couldn't remember exactly what I had - and it's just a 1/4 yard...

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

November 7, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8880786

I saw your picture and instantly thought "Mossy Oak", yep. Got a hunter in the family and I've seen LOTS of different camo's! I made a big baby blanket from knit camo and flannels on the other side. I'll see if I can get a picture from my son. I'll do a little googling and see if I can find you some fabric.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

November 7, 2011
6:11 PM

Post #8880793

I have over 2 yards of "satin" that is polyester and silky with dragonfly print. Anybody interested?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2011

Post #8881007

Thanks Susan, that would not be enough.

Thanks for all the help everyone! let me know if anything shows up?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 7, 2011
9:50 PM

Post #8881017

sorry I couldn't help you, LK
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

November 8, 2011
2:47 AM

Post #8881153

Lk no camo in my stash but will look when I go out today and let you know.
Pat is the satin lined like for pj or not?

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

November 8, 2011

Post #8881381

No lining, not sure what it's intended purpose was for. I picked it up at a yard sale for ONE dollar.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2011
2:37 PM

Post #8881903

hmmmmmm I would love to get some butterfly material. I need to fussy-cut some for a quilt - "butterfly hair" that I want to do, and it will be on a dark material - but I'd like some dark blue and dark red butterflies.
One of these days I'll make a "Madam Butterfly" quilt... but don't think it will be now. siiiiiiiiiiiigh

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 8, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8882113

Doc, can ya get that nice fella ya live with to take a photo, and down load it ????

I love dragon flies, and so does Malena. I am wondering if I could make her a skirt with it?? saw a nifty pattern the other day!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 8, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8882247

Thunder dear - I came across all the swap blocks a group of us made, and yours is so beautiful, and I'm glad we swapped - Now, I have to make them into something lol

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

November 8, 2011
9:34 PM

Post #8882517

I'll ask Ben to get a picture tomorrow. I just home and I'm dead on my feet.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2011
12:29 PM

Post #8883183

Is this what you are looking for Linda?
http://trimfabric.com/pure-cotton.html
Search #UU 334

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8883648

Sorry Barb, that is not it. I need one that looks like real tree bark with leaves. See picture above.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

November 9, 2011
5:53 PM

Post #8883751

Linda found this one on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAMO-cotton-woven-fabric-15-Popular-Patterns-Extra-WIDE-/130536717780?pt=US_Fabric&var=&hash=item641f5c02ac

and this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mossy-Oak-Denim-Twill-Real-Cammo-Fabric-/370558310609?pt=US_Fabric&hash=item5646ff18d1

This message was edited Nov 9, 2011 8:57 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2011
6:03 PM

Post #8883766

Thanks for the links, I have placed a bid and will keep an eye on it.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2011
4:51 AM

Post #8884330

Glad you may have found what you need...

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2011
8:36 AM

Post #8884575

Yay Karen !!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2011
10:01 AM

Post #8906440

I'm changing sewing area again!!! I have a bit of scraps of "Warm and Natural" and "Warm and White". Most are pieces that were cut from a finished quilt. I usually send way too much to the quilter and she saves as much as possible and then sends it back to me. I know a few of you are interested int doning the quilt as you go blocks and these scrapps may work for you. If you are interested, I'll send for price of shipping. Let me know...(I have a totes worth of these...)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 26, 2011
10:22 AM

Post #8906458

What sizes are they Barb?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8906469

They run from about 4'' wide up to about 8 maybe 10"" There are also some triangles and odd pieces that don't make quite a 12.5" block. I was going to use that tape they have now for joining batting but I have almost two full rolls of batting as it is. If nobody wants it, I'm just going to toss it. Thought I'd ask first since it is W&N and W&W.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

November 26, 2011
3:39 PM

Post #8906852

Barb... you can also use the Batting scraps by doubling or tripling the batting and making Christmas pads for your four legged family using scraps. I like to take my scraps and woops blocks and just add and square , working from the center out... kinda like a crazy quilt. I can use up a bunch of left-overs that way.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

November 27, 2011
12:10 AM

Post #8907321

Yes, Stuart, I used to "weave" them into a mat, make the top and botton and then sew thru them to keep them from shifting. I would use up my batting scraps that way and my jean scraps. I made a LOT of doggy kennel pads that way for friends of mine. Guess I just hate to waste anything!

If you get no takers Barb let me know and I'll see if I can find someone closer to you that might want them.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8907416

LK has asked for them so I'll be ending this batch to her. I'll post again in the spring when I downsize my quilting again. Maybe put fabrics up like I did last time...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8908418

I butt pieces together and zig zag. Would work well for place mats.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8927729

I'm making another T-shirt quilt which means I have interfacing left over again. What I have is very light weight fusible. It is several yards long but only about 6-7 inches wide. Brand is Pellon # P44F. Let me know if you can use it I just can't bear to toss it.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2011
11:30 AM

Post #8927975

That's how I was with this batting. Small and narrow pieces but LK does a lot with pot holders etc that I don't do anymore so it worked out good for her...
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

December 13, 2011
4:23 PM

Post #8928346

Karen - I know I could use that! I'll d-mail you right away. Nichole
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

December 28, 2011
1:16 AM

Post #8945107

I have 4 pairs of mens jeans if anyone is interested in these let me know.
May have more as we go through other closets.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 28, 2011
6:28 AM

Post #8945232

Syrumani & Mittsy, I'm going to the post office today with your packages.
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

December 30, 2011
4:41 PM

Post #8948265

Sorry I didn't post earlier! I will go check the mail in the morning!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 23, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9177515

Anyone need some neckties for a craft project? I have contacted Housse301, (Laura) I rounded her up ties last year but I have not heard back from her when d-mailed her earlier this month... So anyone need ties? Some are fairly attractive, others are U-G-L-Y!!

(I'll make a new thread if there is interest in this thread again)
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9222153

Bump... I'm soon going to be posting some "I need it out of here" items...
Just need to get photos & you know how "good" I am about taking pics - NOT!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9222157

Sounds like you have been sorting boxes?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9222201

Yes...now that I have the wardrobe I could unpack some boxes. I found kits I've had for at least 10 years!!!!! And fabrics I know I'll never use.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9222214

Bet it is nice to see your place sorted and organized?

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 29, 2012

Post #9222265

Sounds exciting Jean!

I posted a while back about Men's ties and got No takers... *sigh*. I might just sort them and pull anything that could be combined for red/white/blue and see if I can't come up with a tote.

I just ordered the backing for a BIG quilt for kid #2. I would love to have it for his Christmas or Bday (Feb) but I doubt I'll even have all the fabric collected by then!

The grandson leaves today so I can be take down the single bed, and set back up my sewing table. He's been fun to have but I've been chaffing at the restricted space and having to put my work away between sewing!!!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9222296

Pat - how many ties were there? I have a pillow pattern so perhaps could use some.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 29, 2012
8:53 AM

Post #9222332

2 FULL shoes boxes. Some are UGLY!! LOL. But I think several of the blues are very nice. If you want them Jean I can send them off to you. Even the "ugly" ones, if combined with the right colors will be nice.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #9222387

Pat - Figure out an inexpensive way to ship them & I'll take them. Who know what I'll come up with.
I'll reimburse you the shipping charge.

I can donate the truely ugly ones to my Yoga instructor. She uses old ties as stretching straps.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 29, 2012
8:29 PM

Post #9223138

VERY cool! I'll get them out to you Jean this week. I'll check and send them the cheapest way.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 30, 2012

Post #9223295

OK...love getting packages!!!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2012
1:34 PM

Post #9332285

New Thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1287765/

Sorry this should be the right one.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2012 4:42 PM

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

November 13, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #9332289

ummmmm that brought me to an "edit post" page...
Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

November 13, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #9332408

Oh, good . . . this one was getting a bit long . . .

This message was edited Nov 13, 2012 6:16 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America