Endless Fabric Swap... Got something? Need something? # 7

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Let the trades continue!
Here it is again... another thread full of people willing to share and swap. Tell us what you are looking for, what you no longer want... just come and have fun!

OK... here it is. A place to get rid of some of YOUR scraps and no longer wanted yardage in exchange FOR something you DO want!

Please use the following format.
I WANT...
I HAVE... unless you specify, it is assumed this is 100% cotton and suitable for quilting.

If the fabric is NOT prewashed, please state that. When you are NO longer interested in trading, simply delete your post. If you have a new want, repost do not edit unless it is for qualification sake. That way "read new posts" will still be a good way to check updates.

You can exchange precut 5" charms blocks or anything else if you can find a willing exchange partner. You are responsible for having your address in the address exchange. It is a matter of trust and preference if someone will or will not trade with you. If you are NOT a member, and have not established yourself, you might have trouble finding trades. Ok, let the fun begin!!

Please post feedback so people can determine who is a "good trader" and who may be experiencing some issues.

RECAP as I currently know it for IN SEARCH OF: ANY updates quilters???

Mojoquilter/ Sonja white and/or cream tone-on tones TRUE red and white (NO other colors in the print) Dark Autumn stones: dk blue, greens, burnt orange, red, black & dk purple, beige & neutrals, ALL at least 8x8

Quilterbdsr5/ Barb: White and/or cream neutrals and tone-on-tones

BarefootT/ Thunder - Dog prints and other 'kiddie' and juvenile prints for the quilts she donates. Scraps as small as 1.5 inches for a postage stamp quilt

Quilter: WANTS nothing at this time!!! LOL

Mittsy: donates baby quilts to a neonatal center AND working on a placemat project

Abbisgranma/ Marion: does not need anything at the moment... maybe later!

Siliolegma: None stated yet?

Psychw2/ Pat: Scraps in pinks or lime greens, black&whites." Safari or jungle animal prints, they need only be 5 x 5 or bigger.

FLStu: Black & White and Black&White&Red prints, especially positive and negatives (reversal of colors on same print)

Taters55: nothing stated at the moment.

A big thank you to all the generous people who have so willingly shared their bounty!!! Barb and Karen especially! Most of us have benefited from their generousity. I hope we are all current with our postage costs, either in "advance" or "after you get your package" however any fellow quilter prefers to handle their postage expenses.

Are there any changes to the above "Want list" that I need to edit???

And here is the thread for the RESULTS: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1122524/

This message was edited Jan 29, 2011 9:49 AM

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Pat, you can remove the sunflower print, as that project is finished! Thanks to everyone that sent fabric to me!

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes, And LK was nice enough to re-gift her left over sunflowers to me.

Pat, I'm glad you mentioned the girafes. I keep forgetting to look for what I have to send out to you. Hopefully I'll remember until I get downstairs!!!

"remember until I get downstairs" LOL... yeah, I know "I KNOW there is something I was supposed to post" and then FORGET!! Oh well...

I have NO idea why the gas furnace stopped working last night but is 50 degrees in the house. I'm rustling up a couple of electric heaters to make do until my Sweetie can fix the furnance. I hope whatever he needs to do can be done TODAY!!

Sure hope you find the problem with your heater! Stay warm please?

Pat - just go visit Linda Kay with the rest of us!!!!
And I did forget the fabric till I just read this.....................

My Sweetie fixed it!! I am such a Lucky Ducky that he has so many skills and is such a sweet man!

Glad to hear you have a warm home again!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

It's GOOD to be WARM!!!! Tell hubby we are proud of his expertise!!!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Hurray for Ben....keeping the Doc all warm and toasty!!!
working the day shift again....nice to come home for family dinner ^_^ but I sure don't like the sound of the alarm clock!!!

Y'all have a great day!!

I don't work a weekend again until 2/19... We still have one DMHP that is "off the schedule" for at least another month so the work load is pretty intense. I wouldn't mind the alarm clock so much if I could sleep better consistently.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I "hear ya " Doc...I would be just thrilled if I could get more than 3 hours at a stretch....

family time is awesome, but working some days 7am - 4pm, and some days 2pm -11pm, my sleep schedule is totally out a whack....
I have tomorrow off and and hoping I can get my log cabin just about finished...

The company that used to work my husband until 11 PM and then have him back on shift at back at 7AM to 3 PM or another favorite, work until 11 PM and have another shift from 3PM to 11PM and a special mandatory meeting at 10 AM, that used to frost me!! WHEN did they expect him to sleep? Everyday I am grateful he no longer works there.

Jean (Quilter), thank you so much for the beautiful Wild Animal print, it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I keep hoping I'll learn how to use my husband's digital camera and post pictures.

Laura (Housse) sent me fabric that included some BRIGHT lime greens (to go in the 'cat quilt') and strips of brown fabric and a really nice sage green that will look great with the animal fabric.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2011 8:36 PM

Pat - glad you like it. Not sure what I used it for!!!! When I got it out I was surprised to see a piece missing. I still haven't found the girafe fabric I know I have!!!!!

AW quilters! We hide our stashes or lose them only to rediscover them ... occassionally!!! LOL

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Pat..... it's known in common circles as 'quilter's alzheimers'.... or selective memory.....lol.

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

Is anyone up for a challenge? I'm not, so....

I got some FQ's in a bulk purchase that are either bum ugly or I'm sure that I will never use them.

Honest to pete, there are a couple of these that I can't even imagine in a string quilt. We're talkin' ugggggggggleeeeeeeee. Anyone want to give them a try?

I don't want anything for them - I just want to not have to move them out of my way every time I go to do something. :) Anyone want to try to make silk purses? (Though, realistically, some of these don't even rise to the level of "sow's ears." :D )

What colors do you have? Any pictures? Maybe they can be a baby quilt?

LOL... I'd take ANY greens you have!

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

These would scare a baby.

Psych, I think it may have some greens - but you have to take the whole thing. *g*

If no one else wants these I'll take them to my charity quilting group. These ladies make some remarkable Crazy Quilts from all sorts of pieces.

Go for it Jean and show us some HORROR pictures of the bum uuggggglllllleeeeee little FQs!!!

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

Qwilter, I'm happy to send them. Send me your snail mail address and I will get them off to you.

Psych are you looking for any specific types of greens? I have been collecting fabrics for an applique quilt and that will have a lot of tone-on-tone and small prints and blenders. I might have some extras in there.

I've been throwing all the greens that have come my way from my sister's garage sale stuff etc into one bin. I'll make a scrappy quilt out of it one of these days! ANY green is fine as long as it's basically "all green"; meaning green and black plaid is ok, or white and green print, TOT, blenders etc but not a green foliage with pink flowers. I'm probably not making myself very clear!! What you described is perfect.

I may have some greens you would like..............
I'm determined to get rid of all my "less than 1/2 yd" left over pieces before I move.

WOW Jean, less than 1/2 yard pieces?? I frequently BUY 1/2 yard pieces!!! Just let me know the cost of postage so I can send it.

Elizabeth - you must have sent the "wrong" pieces. They are so NOT ugly. it might say something about my taste. I'll post a pic. The bright pieces will look great in kids quilts & the darker ones can go into the quilts for the Veteran's home.

Pat - sent a pack of greens & a couple "surprise" fabrics out to you this afternoon.

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

I dunno, Jean. Maybe it says something about mine. ;)

I don't think I could find a use for miniature beer steins if I quilted for a hundred years. And that world map thing - ugh! A couple of them were okay, but they don't fit with anything else I have.

I'm glad they got there so quick, though. If nothing else, you can use them as foundation fabric for string quilts. :)

It's more like it says something about "me"!!!! My quilting friends really wonder about some of the fabrics I buy. I can see them inwardly rolling their.

Hummmmmmmmmm.... hoping none of my "surpises" include beer steins!! LOL (although I have one son who probably would think I finally got him what he wanted! )

Jean/Quilter, the BIG squishie envelope came today with all the beautiful fabrics in it. LOTS of greens and lovely teals! The giraffe fabric is so pretty. I don't think it will make it into my current Safari print, the beautiful teal does not harmonize well with the other fabrics but it is certainly going into something beautiful I'm sure!!! THANKS so much!

The other wild animal print goes REALLY well with some other jewel tones fabrics I have. I think I'll likely combine them for a lap blanket for the assisted living facility where I visit.

Here are the "not so ugly" fat qtrs from Elizabeth

Thumbnail by Qwilter
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Those aren't that bad at all. I can think of a couple places to use some.....I's like the hats made as a small purse with maybe the dots as a liner. I also like the flower one on the left with the globes as a liner...

I'm with you Jean, those aren't BAD!! LOL

I'm thinking the beer steins & globes would go nicely in a QOV -as background - manly, a bit different, & the right colors!!!!!
The hats, florals, & polka dots will be nice for a Downey/Childrens quilt.

That leaves just the black & beige floral needing a purpose.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I was gifted with this fabric a year or so ago. I think there are at least 6 yards if not more. It is wrapped 18 times around the bolt cardboard. I'm a pretty good crammer so I think it might go into a medium flat rate box, but not sure as I don't have one at the moment. The pattern is burgandy and hunter green. I'll get a medium box first chance I get and edit message. Let me know if you need exact yardage.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

siliolegma......... if it's not claimed, I'd like to take it. I have a friend with a horse ranch that it would work perfectly for in a Q. let me know if you'd like postage or fabric for trade.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

All yours Stu.

THAT will be great backing and some FABULOUS fussy cut blocks! That is very sweet of you Karen, GREAT score Stu!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.