Antique Shop

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are going to pay the first months rent on a store building today. It will become an antique shop.
I hope to open by mid May.
This will be a picture progress thread. So updates often, I hope.
Bernie

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Great idea, Bernie. Wishing you the best of luck. Keep us up to date with pictures, ok?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Will be watching for the pictures. ^_^

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Will be watching as antiques are special.

Bolingbrook, IL(Zone 5a)

I am excited for you !! Best of luck !!!

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Good for you! How fun that would be but I would want to keep too much merchandise and would starve.

How will you keep it open and still do the farmers markets in your spare time? LOL

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Wonderful!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I like helping my kids out. My son is 50/50 with me in the cabinet shop & garden business.
This is for my daughter. Her & my wife will be covering the hours. Daughter will pretty much be running the business.
We found there is more room than we thought, so may rent out some booth space, too.

Here are some "before" pictures.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Other direction in same room.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

One of the back rooms. I tore this wall out today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Front of the building.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I wish I had the time to restore it. Above the suspended ceiling is a beautiful tin ceiling.
We will see how it goes. Maybe next winter it could be done.

I got quite a bit done today.

Bernie

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

That is AWESOME! Keep the pictures coming. You have a treasure there, Bernie. Think I will move to your town!!!!!!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I can just see the possibilites there!! And a tin ceiling?! Oooooohhhhhh!!! You have a treasure of a building there Bernie!!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Very cool ... especially the old tin ceiling.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

The tin ceiling is a hidden treasure! Here is my relative's site. She sells on ebay too.
http://www.visitohiocountyky.org/shops.html

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Nice. I have things on consignment here:

http://www.trailsrus.com/antiques/lakes/dawspr.html

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Both of those shops look great. What sort of fee do they charge for handling your mdse? I have to decide soon what to do with all my treasures. There are lots of options so I want to examine all possibilities first before making decisions that are set in concrete.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

20% ... which is good, but the small towns don't get a lot of traffic through them sometimes.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are toying with renting out booth space.
I had one in a shop for a while. My little spot was $35 a month + a %, but can't remember what it was.
I have a room that is 9ft by 17 ft I am thinking $50 per month, no %. But I would have them cover some hours as clerk. Maybe 1 day a week.
Bernie

P.S. Elena, load up a truck & come on up here, we will get rid of your things!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Bernie, you are just too darn far away!!!! I could sure work with you on lots of things if you didn't live on the other end of the world from me! LOL! Ya never can tell though. I am looking over all the options right now and I will put that in the hopper. We have lots of the bigger things that need some work for sure before selling them. It would be crazy to store them all these years and then not fix them. I am starting to analyze all that as soon as we get this living room project done. Still thinking on the best solutions to many things!!!! Wish we hadn't put so much off till we got so darned old!!!!!! That is what we have to work with though. Old age planning!

(Zone 5a)

Bernie, this is going to be wonderful! You will be riding on your own name, so folks who bought produce will have to come in and snoop around! I would :o) It has a beautiful store front.

Yep, the tin ceiling is a real treasure and would boost the value of the building. Maybe tear the suspended out now and have it done before the store gets full?

I love how you tore a wall out already. I got a big smile over that!
I think it's all wonderful and look forward to the pictures too :o)

Richmond, TX

I am impressed by your diverse enterprises! Good luck!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We've been busy getting the place in shape. I am now in the process of putting up shelves & unpacking inventory.
I am making new price tags for everything. Lots of items need cleaning, so this is a slow process.
Here's a couple pictures taken today.
Bernie

This is one wall with some painted plates, etc.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This wall will be depression glass.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

This is the unpacking room.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Gosh! It all looks so nice. I wish I could be there as your first customer. ^_^

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

It does take time, that's for sure. Looking good.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

It surely is looking good, Bernie. I am excited for you as this looks like it is going to be a really cool adventure. I am like the others and wish I could be there for your grand opening. Those shelves are really fantastic. You did a super job on them.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I collect McCoy vases, Bernie and would like to start getting a few Roseville, Lilly pieces. I like so much glassware. Have a collecting of Blueridge crabapple, madrid amber depression glass, some primitives. Love, love, love antiques.
Wish I was closer, I would drop in.

Teresa

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Me too, Teresa. Guess it is a good thing I can't drop in however since I haven't got another inch of room left to put anything else here in my home.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Teresa, I have an 8 place setting of Amber Madrid packed away some where. It will be displayed on a nice big round oak table.
All you KY/TN people could charter a bus & tour here in the summer.

Staying home & building cabinets today & most of this week. My DD is making up tags. She is a lot better on the keyboard than I am.

Crossville, TN

I no longer collect anything...but...DUST...got a nice colllection of that going for me. LOL JO

Bolingbrook, IL(Zone 5a)

roadrunner another nice thing about collecting dust is that you can display ity anywhere - no need to buy a special cabinet for it.

Crossville, TN

Right now my biggest collection is being shown in my double bookcase as you enter the front door...some nerd ran their fingers through one shelf and now I have to dust and start all over....Jo

Bolingbrook, IL(Zone 5a)

bluegrassmom we also collect Roseville. We got ours a long time ago so I suspect that they are pretty expensive now. We have about five or six pieces. I will post one to show you. Cannot find pictures of the rest! Does anyone here collect Russion Laquer Boxs?

Thumbnail by mableruth
Crossville, TN

Mable...that is a very pretty piece...I used to have one Roseville...and a few McCoys...Jo

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Jo, I thought you also collected chocolate and DG Roundup friends!!!!!!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

We have a great old fashioned fleamarket in Greenville, KY called Lukes. They have buildings with fenders that are there year round but also about 200-300 fender outside on Tuesday. On holidays they are also open on Monday. You can find a rabbit or puppy. Glassware or tools. I have gottens some great finds there. Some folks drive in from TN, and IN to set up. I have set up a few times and did ok just hate packing and unpacking stuff.

(Zone 5a)

Jo, glad to see you posting! You don't know how many people fretted over you and your wrist :o)

Bernie, it looks great!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images