Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: 3rd Annual Windchime Swap/1st SEMI-annual Windchime Swap

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 211, Views: 1,445
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2011
10:07 AM

Post #8338682

Ok, you asked for it, you got it! The annual swap will now be a semi-annual swap.. February and September :)

It's time..time to chime!! :) Are you as ready for spring and spring breezes as I am? Are you looking forward to hearing the soft, tinkling sounds of windchimes? I AM!! So join me as we do our third annual swap of windchimes!

I will take names of participants until February 15th and I'll send out names on the 16th. This is a secret buddy swap, so no one tell whose name you're sending to :) The windchimes will need to be sent by February 28th..please try to keep to that date and no later..

If you'd like to tell us your favorite type of chimes, please feel free..BUT there is no obligation on your buddy's part to get that particular type :) That's part of the fun, to get something new and different..who knows..you might find a NEW favorite by doing so!

My rules are simple:
1. Buy or make your buddy a windchime (let's keep it to no more than $20 plus shipping)
2. Post a picture when you receive your chime..we love seeing all the varieties of what everyone receives
3. Have fun :)

That's it... now who needs a new set of windchimes besides me??

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2011
10:08 AM

Post #8338685

Saved for the list of the Windchime Fanatics :)

1. Clancampbell (Chris) :-)
2. FOTV (Susan)
3. Ridesredmule (Charleen)
4. janaestone (Di)
5. Bettypauze (Betty)
6. momoftwo607 (Erin) :-)
7. ilovejesus99 (Sandy)
8. deejay9 (Sue)
9. purpbutfly (Cindy)
10. Crit (Patti) :-)
11. Mud_Elf (Kris)
12. dardee4 (Darla)
13. irisluvr0252 (Debbie) :-)
14. Robynznest (Robin) :-)

This message was edited Mar 1, 2011 6:08 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2011
10:29 AM

Post #8338706

Yes, ma'am. Please add me on your list.

Glass, tubes, bamboo, shells, metal...anything goes here!

sherman99
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 30, 2011
11:37 AM

Post #8338785

me, me, me. this will be my first windchime swap. i love them all !
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2011
11:39 AM

Post #8338789

Add me, Chris. My first time as well and I like just about any kind.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 30, 2011
12:07 PM

Post #8338824

ahhhh better add me to this one..
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2011
4:02 PM

Post #8339257

Add me to the list. I've been waiting! =D I love them all ! Bamboo,glass,metal..

Erin
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 31, 2011
6:11 PM

Post #8341496

Thanks ladies :) You've been added..

Have you noticed how many windchimes are already out in the stores?? I found one really cool one last month and got it..then once I get a name, I'll add something more personal to go with it.

Where are all the windchime people at???
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

January 31, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8341595

I would like to join Please.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 31, 2011
9:05 PM

Post #8341943

Two days in and you're wondering where the tinkling folks are? LOL I bet you a margarita more than 10 folks sign up in the next two weeks. And what about the mail out date...it's your B-Day!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
5:03 AM

Post #8342221

I was thinking the same thing fotv! Extra presents for Chris! =)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
5:50 AM

Post #8342296

WANT TO SHARE A VALENTINE :) WITH A GARDENING FRIEND ???
COME CHECK IT OUT :)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1152693/

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 1, 2011
6:09 AM

Post #8342322

I was in the garden center yesterday as well and saw a beautiful chime..thought I'd wait for my name as my swap buddy just might have preference to what kind of chime she would like.

I'm sure there will be lots of straglers..perhaps I'll go back in next years and send them all a link IF that is ok with you!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 1, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8342442

Hello Chris,

I want to be in this one. Can't make anything for a few months but a windchime I can buy.
I'm having surgery on my hands for arthritis. My right hand is first and my surgery is Feb 7th.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 1, 2011
8:50 AM

Post #8342647

Sandy nice to see you on a thread...hope all is well with you!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
10:52 AM

Post #8343015

SIGN ME UP PLEASE I Love chimes
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8343153

@Fruity- I'm hoping for at least 25 this year :) And yes, I did it on my birthday on purpose, because the next one is in Sept and the send date on it will be Glen's birthday. It's one little way to remember him :) My bday is Feb 28 and his was Sep 28.. and to make it a little weird, he passed away on April 28, 2009. He has a sister who was born on Dec 28 and I have a brother who was born May 28. LOL..yes, we always thought the 28th was "our" day..

@Betty- yes, please do! I don't mind at all..

@Cindy- so good to see you! Hope everything goes well with the surgery..

Welcome to Sandy and Sue.. glad to have you here! Sue, I'll go over to the Swap thread and add your Valentine swap on there too.

I'm going to have to take a picture..we literally are having a blizzard and really close to whiteout conditions! I left work at noon cause I knew it was going downhill this afternoon.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 1, 2011
1:11 PM

Post #8343355

Chris, have the day off tomorrow because of the storm, well being prepared, if it doesn't snow then I can say I have 'groundhog' day off so will do it then.

Clear sky out there now but that can change very quickly..my kids are all going to Toronto tonight, have tickets for hockey game..go Toronto Maple Leaf team...so let's hope the snow waits until they are all back home safely..

Lot's of anniversaries on the 28th...much the same here..Roger died New Years Day, my eldest's birthday is New Years Day, anniversary on same day as hubby's birthday so often a reminder of what to celebrate and what to remember..
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2011
11:33 AM

Post #8345249

I've been waiting for this one!!!! Count me IN! I like all kinds of windchimes except bamboo. I have one huge bamboo one that was my mothers, but I prefer the other kinds. I have several 'tinkly' kind, one with a little deeper tone would be a nice addition.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2011
6:46 PM

Post #8345934

In the past, I've jumbled up numbers representing birthdays and anniversaries of deceased family members when I bought lottery tickets. It's been a looong time since I've bought one, and of course never hit the jackpot, but did occasionally win a free ticket. There's always a long line at the stores when we have a Mega Jackpot and hubby is quick to remind me if we don't play, there's no chance of winning. I just say "oh well" and pass up buying one. Nowadays I'd rather spend money on Friends in swaps instead of taking empty chances.

You'll have a good time here, Patti. Don't think there were any duplicate chimes last year...were there Chris? I love them all and can't wait to get my name.

I'll be thinking about you Monday, Cindy, and hope both your surgeries go well.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2011
12:40 AM

Post #8346206

I would like to play please!!!!
I like anything except bamboo, would love anything "beachy" as we are remodeling with a sea shore type decor here.

This message was edited Feb 3, 2011 2:44 AM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 3, 2011
10:15 AM

Post #8346770

I've now got the windchime so will sit quietly waiting for my name! Lovely windchimes they were, know I've about 3 in my garden that remind me of DG members..one may be still chime'ing away saying 'go away snow/go away snow' lol
dardee4
(Darla) Dubuque, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2011
1:38 PM

Post #8347112

I've been waiting for this. Sign me up please . Can never have to many windchimes :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2011
2:43 PM

Post #8351752

would my partner send me a tree to hang from :) HEHE I have to hang mine on my decks :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2011
5:19 PM

Post #8352105

Oh Elfie... would be great if I got your name. I have an idea in my head that I think you would like. That is, IF I can get it to work out the way it did in my head. lol

deejay, I hang some of mine on shepards hooks. Most of them are hung around my deck. Never have hung them from the trees. May have to try that!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2011
8:06 PM

Post #8352413

Fruity, you're right.. I don't think we've ever had duplicates in either of the previous swaps..and that to me is amazing :)

I'm not sure that I have a favorite kind..although I do appreciate the deeper tones and all of mine are hung around the house right now..It's in my lease that I can't hang them outside cause I'm in an apartment complex.. how rude!!

I'll get you newbies added up top.. welcome!!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2011
5:47 AM

Post #8352702

Thats ridiculous that you can't hang them on your balcony! oh my gosh. I've never heard of such a crazy thing! Getting the kids ready this morning and going to get our taxes done. Atleast we know we're getting some kind of money with 2 kids! LOL

Erin

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 4, 2011
6:44 AM

Post #8352826

Chris, how sad, I've got mine hanging all over the yard, neighbor isn't fond of trees, oh well too bad so sad, planted 6' of flowering crabs the entire length of the drive, my side of course, then made comment about the sound of my pond, I just said 'to me it's so relaxing, then the chimes, noisy at times...can't win..thank goodness at the back of my property is a municipal right of way - forest, the other side, can't see neighbors for trees so I put up with his barking dog, teen music day/night, the brrrmm/brrrrm idling of motorcycles so he can get used to mine...

That being said, after looking at my yard his wife did plant a few trees and has made a garden out front..he does come from time to time to walk my gardens and admire so guess you can call us 'good neighbors'..lol

Yesterday while walking in Garden Gallery they were just starting to put out windchimes..not as nice as the one I've already got, but nice just the same..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2011
9:53 AM

Post #8353255

Glad I checked in! I would like to participate!

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2011
11:09 AM

Post #8353414

Betty, those are some gorgeous windchimes!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2011
4:04 PM

Post #8353991

I Found A Very nice one today So I;m REady :)))
good Nite all.
susie
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2011
4:47 PM

Post #8354090

I have such a hard time trying to decide on just one.. there's so many that I fall in love with :) Something I need to do, though, is learn how to re-string them. One that Glen gave me is starting to fall apart and I need to get it redone.

Welcome, Iris.. I'll add you to the list :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 4, 2011
4:54 PM

Post #8354104

I have a couple I need to restring too Chris. Let me know what you find out.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 5, 2011
6:36 AM

Post #8354978

I wanna play. I so need spring to get here. I would really love to have a bamboo chime with no ceramics in it. Our wind can be vicious and I like my chimes outside.

Snowed another 2 inches this morning and we are expecting more Sun, Mon and Tues. maybe even Wed. Send plows now, I'm driving everyone crazy including me.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 7, 2011
7:27 AM

Post #8358856

O.K. May I join too?
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2011
4:37 PM

Post #8361512

Of course!!! Glad you two decided to come play with us :)

This message was edited Feb 8, 2011 6:46 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8371843

One of mine needs restringing now after all this blasted wind.

Anxious to receive my buddy's name sometime Wednesday :)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 14, 2011
12:35 PM

Post #8371915

They didn't get broke?? that is wonderful!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
2:12 PM

Post #8372118

It's a metal tube type. Restringing that kind is tricky, at least for me being mechanically challenged, and will use the same technique when another one came apart last year... put a similar one next to it to go by all the ins and outs.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 14, 2011
2:41 PM

Post #8372171

Just too exciting, sister's dog Innuschuk just won best of breed at the Westminster Dog show in NYC..3rd year in a row..tonight competion for best of group category

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 14, 2011
2:53 PM

Post #8372193

I like those better too. I have a ceramic one that I need to put together. Haven't done it yet. Do you use fishing line?? I used some Tigertail wire on one of my Chimes. It is still o.k. don't know how much longer but it has made it one year.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 14, 2011
2:54 PM

Post #8372196

Congrats to your sister Betty. Love the poopiedoops.

Good luck Fruity, I know they are a pain to re-string. I have 2 I need to do.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 14, 2011
2:54 PM

Post #8372197

Oh, My Goodness, How wonderful? So happy for her. That one is pretty in pic too...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2011
3:02 PM

Post #8372210

How great is that, Betty! woohoo! and that is a beautiful dog :)

Sherman99 has asked me to take her name out for this swap..she's got lots of things going on and just didn't feel she'd be able to join us this time. Hopefully in the Sept swap, she'll be able to!

Wow, Fruity..I'm glad you said that..I honestly didn't think about how close we were to getting names LOL.. only going to be 14 of us, I guess..but that's ok, cause it's still a great bunch of ladies :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 14, 2011
3:52 PM

Post #8372314

That's a good number..even numbers...can't wait to get my name!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
4:05 PM

Post #8372337

Sounds like a party to me, Chris :) I'll be happy with anyone and will be on the lookout.

How wonderful for them both, Betty. Is he/she an American Eskimo Dog or another breed? What a gorgeous dog and coat. Now the next task will be prying hubby away from watching House tonight.

For restringing, I ordered a spool of black thin cording material last year (nylon / poly?). It reminded me of a continuous round shoestring. Now if I can find the spool this year...lol Another one that needed restringing two years ago were glass fish suspended from a metal spiral frame and did double up fishing line on that one, so far it's held up well. It's a wonder any of ours are holding up in these 20+ MPH wind and gusts up to 50. Wish you all could hear them singing!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 14, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8372598

Wow, Betty..that is one beautiful dog. Good job! to your sister. My brother has American Eskimos and always watches the shows when they're on TV. I have to tell him about this. Congrats to all of you!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8372640

We're having some outraguous winds rightnow until 5am. This weather is crazy. Is it the winds of change? Hopefully bringing warmer weather! I can't even see my snowdrops under the 5 feet of snow. lol.

Erin
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2011
4:53 AM

Post #8372939

I've been watching the news when they give reports from the show. Do you have a pic of sis with her winner? Does she work the show ring too? Will look for her!!! What's her name and which breed was it again ?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 15, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8373031

Thank you all, no Sharon has a trainer to show him in the ring, she has back problems and could never do it..I'm sure she'll send me a photo of getting the ribbon when she returns from N.Y.C.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2011
6:52 PM

Post #8374251

My apologies on being so late in sending out the names.. was kind of a crazy day :)

Everyone should have the name of the person you're sending a chime to.. if you don't, please dmail me and let me know. Also, remember that this is a secret swap, so don't give your buddy away on the thread..if you have any problems with addresses or whatever, feel free to dmail me and I'll contact your buddy for you.

We'll use this thread for the reveal rather than creating a new thread.. remember to post a pic when you receive your chime, as we all love to admire what everyone is receiving..

good night!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2011
4:26 AM

Post #8374618

So cool. I wasn't expecting to get my name until sometime today, so as far as I'm concerned you weren't late. :-)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2011
9:39 AM

Post #8375270

Got my name and have already designed the new windchime to go to my swap buddy,, Very, Very excited here!!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 16, 2011
2:46 PM

Post #8375749

Got mine and got to get busy too.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2011
3:18 PM

Post #8375792

Now that I know who I'm sending to, I need to find something special :)

OH.. and please, if you haven't mentioned yet what type of chimes you like the most, please do so now.. that way, your buddy can look for a special one for you too!!

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8375878

Received my name this morning but was too busy feeding kids and getting ready for work to post. Maybe a trip to Lowe's tomorrow. =D

Erin

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 16, 2011
4:12 PM

Post #8375918

Anything that is affordable to you is fine. You can send me anything, I'll hang it. I got trees and posts too.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2011
5:21 PM

Post #8376017

I love anything except bamboo!!!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 16, 2011
6:09 PM

Post #8376074

I'll take the bamboo for you Kris, or anything in royal blues or with dragon flies. Heck I'll take anything that sounds pretty.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 16, 2011
6:52 PM

Post #8376161

Thanks Chris

I made a bad mistake of going to Pier 1 Imports looking for a windchime. Got sidetracked looking at all the butterflies, lol

Doug and I have the same taste in furniture and knick knacks. I told him I want to start buying things for our new place. He said I could :-)

Anyhow gotta find the perfect windchime for my buddy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8376193

Imagine being distracted by butterflies, Cindy...lol You're lucky to have a Pier One store close by, ours is an hour away.

You're designing a chime, Elfie? How special.

Got my name too and am so excited!

Edited to ask Elfie why you don't like Bamboo chimes?

This message was edited Feb 16, 2011 10:17 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2011
4:41 AM

Post #8376566

The wind here just beats bamboo to death. I have one inside that was my mom's. I love the pipe wind chimes. I would like some in the lower tones. Maybe one that has some of the spinners on the top? I will be happy with anything in the pipe chimes my buddy likes. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, surprise me!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2011
8:23 AM

Post #8376966

I'm not picky! I love the dragonflies, hummingbirds and butterflies. I would love anything that chimes!

Debbie
dardee4
(Darla) Dubuque, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2011
8:32 AM

Post #8376982

I'm easy to please. Suprise me.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 17, 2011
4:50 PM

Post #8377887

I habve no idea why I dislike the bambo chimes, They just sound,, humm I donot know wrong, ugly .. Just my ears I guess..lol

I would love anything I get though,, I have 3 from Daves Garden swaps now and still never have enough!!

Got to go,, back tomarrow,, night all

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 17, 2011
6:53 PM

Post #8378109

Clunk! Clunk! Clunk!!!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2011
4:07 AM

Post #8378482

Did you lose a shoe?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 18, 2011
5:27 AM

Post #8378579

that is the bamboo chiming ☺

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2011
5:31 AM

Post #8378588

Yup,, hate that sound,,lol Love tinkling or deep bell sounds the best.
I have a sophisticted ear. Rollin on the Floor laughing my wings off!!!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8378697

I love them all. But I think my all time favorite is one that my grandma had in her kitchen. We would drive out to California and see them when I was a kid. I remember the last time I was there I was 7, I could always be found sitting in her kitchen just listening to it. It was yellows, greens and lavenders, made out of those thin flat sea shells. Don't know what they are called, but they were small and had the most delicate tinkle. Wish I would have asked for that chime when she died that year.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2011
8:20 AM

Post #8378844

LOL with you Elfie.

Capiz shells...I had a chime of them a long time ago and kept in in the bathroom. There was no window and just enough breeze to set it off when the exhaust fan was on.

Lots to do today so I best get going.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2011
9:22 AM

Post #8378908

Thank you Fruity, Those are the ones.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
4:42 AM

Post #8383670

I'm still looking for the perfect windchime. The stores don't have much out up here in the tundra! More snow today so I am staying put in my house! I'll keep searching! =)

Erin

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2011
5:06 AM

Post #8383694

Know the feeling Erin, not much down here either.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8383720

I'm looking online rightnow, to see if I can find anything.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2011
6:18 AM

Post #8383860

I'm off work today so I am going 'shopping'!!!!

Erin ... you be safe with that weather
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
1:19 PM

Post #8384762

I have been watching alot of geese fly back to the area. I'm hoping that its a good sign that spring is on its way! I did see a hyacinth peeking out with the snowdrops and daffs. Thats a good sign!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
1:44 PM

Post #8384800

I found some daffodils peeking up through the ground and the Sand Hill Cranes are flying north! They don't usually fly north for another 3-4 weeks! A few crocus are up also...spring is almost here! Yeah!

I was going to go out this evening to get my partner's chime but the weather is really yucky...the temp has dropped and it is raining (hope it doesn't get cold enough to change to snow!).

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 21, 2011
2:59 PM

Post #8384925

Happy Spring is on it's way girls.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
3:08 PM

Post #8384942

Charleen - Is that picture from today?
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
4:39 PM

Post #8385134

I had one chime, but don't believe it'll fit with my buddy's wishes..so I went out and got another one..but I don't want to send JUST a chime (it wasn't very cheap though lol) so not sure yet what's going to go in the box with it..once I figure out what box it'll fit in! Dang.. here I go again..

I won't be late.. I won't be late.. I won't be late (trying to do some positive reinforcement here)

:-)
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2011
4:45 PM

Post #8385145

Char -pretty picture..and hopefully true as well. Very yucky day here as well, nothing but pouring rain all day so I went shopping. Found a windchime for my partner and hope she likes it, I'll be sending it out by the end of the week. I was surprised by the number of them I found here - I thought I'd have a terrible time but was pleasantly surprised.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 21, 2011
4:50 PM

Post #8385158

Yes, I took it this morning. Got crocus up too.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2011
5:23 PM

Post #8385232

I should be banned from ALL garden centers. Went to one, they didn't have any but I walked out with bulbs for BLUE elephant ears. I'd never seen them before. Lilly of the valley, 2 bleeding heart...one red and one white, bird seed, plant tags, outdoor thermometer w/wild birds on it ... but NO windchine. On to the next stop. Found a really cute windchime. I hope my buddy thinks so too. And of course, sale plants, venus flytrap and a rescue plant. Someone please STOP ME! I said I wasn't going to do this because I was in the seed swaps. ~sigh~
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8385289

oh yay! That makes it so much brighter for us up here. Or any where their is still snow! lol.
Puts a smile on my face! =D

Erin
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8385295

Oh ya ... got a bunch of seed packets too. Some for me, some for the swaps.
Ugh!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 21, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8385336

I will not complain that I planted 150 daffodils today, I will not complain that it is 77degrees in my house, I will not complain that my bathroom floor is now ready to tile!! I will not complain that the puppy is still teaching me new tricks, I will not complain that I opened a secret box and found all kinds of neat stuff in it that I forgot to mail, I will not complain about my true friends who have always had my back. Humm that sure is alot of stuff that I should really be bragging about. Somedays I just feel silly!!

Love you all!!!

Pic is what the new shower will look like!! I bought it at the renoivation station for
Habitat for Humanity for a whopping $50.00!!!!!!! Looked it up at the company web site and retails for $695.00 Whoo hoo,, Guess I will not complain about that either,,,lol

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
6:03 PM

Post #8385347

I am sooo jealous of your 77 degrees when I have 5 below! BRRRR! We are in the middle of a remodel/demo too. Bathroom,Kitchen and Living room. Our house is 160 years old and it seems like everytime we rip something down, something else has to be done! lol. Its a rippling effect. Hopefully this is the year it will be done!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 21, 2011
6:12 PM

Post #8385356

I would rather have mid 50s to low 60's It makes me want to get out and do more, and since I have been battling Depression for the last few years, working outside is the best thing for me!!

Picture is one of my lol crime scene pics of the bath..ROFLMWO!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2011
8:19 PM

Post #8385575

Your Daffs are so cheery, Char. A few of my tulips and hyacinths are barely starting to peek out.

What a deal, Elf! Our house is a never-ending money pit too.

And I can so relate, Erin, when we rip something out, another project had to be done to fix the problem before we move on, and our house is only 40 years old. Do you live in a farmhouse, a Victorian, or something else?

I will not complain my back is killing me from weeding today...yes! I weeded for two hours in 60 degree weather wearing shorts and ripped out a bunch of Henbit, that's a never-ending job year-round, and couldn't believe how many tufts of Dandelions I found and ripped them out too, or at least got a start.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
3:56 AM

Post #8385798

GREAT PICTURES Char It is a BIG 16* here this morning & We are still Snowed in this guy we have hired to keep our drive plowed is a WOUSE Not sure of my Spelling Just trying to be nice about it .he has so many excuses
you could fill a pair of Hip Boots .

Well i found another guy to come clear the drive today or i hope he shows up :)
well My Partners Chimes should be swaying in the winds today I Hope when I sent out Friday I had not planned on Present Day .

Mud Hope you have better luck with yours then we have with Ours I would have sold ours to you for Free if i had Known .

Happy Gardening to all
susie
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
4:23 AM

Post #8385821

Way back when it used to be the general store and then someone along the line converted it in to a house.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8385934

Ebay is a problem for me. tee hee. I having a shopping addiction. I have 12 new daylilies coming in spring and 6 new TB iris coming in july/august. I should block ebay so I can't buy anymore things! =O)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 22, 2011
6:24 AM

Post #8386012

Brrrr! I feel so guilty with my 60 degree weather. You poor darlins. come down and visit, just to thaw out!!!! Those daffs are a cheery yellow. You all need something.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2011
6:26 AM

Post #8386024

Mine goes in the mail tomorrow when I go to town.

I went to 5 stores yesterday looking for chimes. The one store had a few that were plain wood and metal chimes, with a lot of dust on them. I can understand why, though, they must have thought they were made of gold and just painted over in silver. The smallest of them was $65.00. Sorry to expensive for me. Then I hit the other stores and found one I liked(alot and almost kept it) figured I better get that one for my buddy, because I might not find anything else that was as cute. Ended up at Lowes to get some quickrete to make my Gnome Doors and looked at their chimes\. They had the exact same ones the other store had, same colors, same wood, same maker, different price. $40.00 cheaper and no dust. Go figure.

Off to get kitchen cleaned up and make doors. Talk later.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8386302

I've had a couple of the ones with just wood and chimes. To me, they are a simple elegance, I like them. Bought one for DH a few years ago. Have to re-string it. Picked some up yesterday, let's hope it does the trick. I just like the sound of those, and the bigger ones with that deep pitch. Our neighbors up the hill have one, and when there is a south breeze I can hear it. Pretty cool.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
9:15 AM

Post #8386390

deejay9 wrote: Mud Hope you have better luck with yours then we have with Ours I would have sold ours to you for Free if i had Known .

Happy Gardening to all
susie

Umm, Susie,, What would you have sold me for free,, I am confused,,lol

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
9:45 AM

Post #8386446

That type of shower you just paid $50. for

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
10:34 AM

Post #8386543

Ahh, What kind of problems did you have with it?? Now I am worried about putting it up..lol

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
11:30 AM

Post #8386655

Well lets just say if you found it for $50. in the habitat then you know the owners who had before also had a problem .

Lets just say My dad & Margaret have to come use My Shower till we can afford to replace theirs .
Good Luck with yours
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2011
12:10 PM

Post #8386698

Not necessarily true, Susie. My DH volunteers a lot of time to the local Habitat for Humanity and his company has given them thousands of dollars worth of new and used items. There are many companies that donate brand new overstock items to them as well as excess they haven't sold for whatever reason. We've bought many items from them for different projects that are perfectly fine and cost 80% less than if I went down the street to the big box stores to buy it. Yes, you can find items that are quite old, very well-used , or in terrible shape but if you know what you're looking for and search the store for it, chances are you might find a really great deal.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
1:05 PM

Post #8386793

Ahh,, I get what she meant, Well this one was brand new and still in the box, not one part missing!! Still had the stickers from Home Depot on it too. I was told that it was left over from contractors job?? Ralph is hopefully putting it in this week so we shall see!!!

We have just re-sheetrocked the walls and leveled th floors so it should be ok, We have bought most of our house at Habitat for humanity and have saved thousands of $$.

Susie, exactly what was your problems with this? Thast way we will know what to pay extra attention to. Thanks

This message was edited Feb 22, 2011 3:06 PM

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2011
2:49 PM

Post #8386957

A lot of companies donate extras to the HFH, the one condo complex did that with the extras they had when someone that bought a condo wanted something different in their bathroom or kitchen. Instead of sending it back to the company they bought it from for reimbursement they would give it away and take a tax deduction on it. I wish I had known at the time that we could have bought it fom HFH, I would have had a new dishwasher. nPlus when they do sell any of the merchandise that money goes into buying things that weren't donated. It's all for a good cause. I have bought things brand new from companies and not had them work, so you just have to watch what you buy nowadays, Companies don't care like they used to when we were younger.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8387004

I Did not mean to speak negative about HFH , I just Have been so flustered with the shower we Purchased
like the one Mud had posted , & I really was not stating anything bad was just making a coment that I Would have her mine :) Guess it was a Bad statement sorry , & i will have to be carefull how i make statements sorry Mud I Do Hope you have a better out come with your new unit.
susie
dardee4
(Darla) Dubuque, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8387029

Got my chime shopping done. My DH is working in Colorado and I'm visiting so I have plenty of shopping time :) So many to choose from that I even bought one for DH's apartment. Mailing it tomorrow so be on the lookout Chimers.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2011
3:41 PM

Post #8387042

Oh no Susie, I wasn't saying anything against youyr comment, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I was just trying to give Mud a little boost of confidence in getting such a good bargain. I'm so sorry I didn't mean anything by it. Please forgive.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
3:43 PM

Post #8387044

Susie,, no offence taken, and as I live in a mobile home that is one thing that we did not take into account. But Ralph says we will just add some extra supports under the shower area and it should all be fine!!

I got a wonderful card from our Dearest Neener today. She used some of the stuff I sent her to make it and it is going in a shadow box and will hang in my bedroom with alot of the other wonderful gifts I have recieved from people here at Daves!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
5:08 PM

Post #8387154

I've never been to Colorado, Darla, and would love to go one day. Before hubby retired, he worked out of town most of the time and it was fun shopping and exploring new territory.

HFH here is a great place. It's been a while but last time I was there found a new 3' diameter fiberglass planter about the same height for $3. The tag said it was a trash can. LOL! Not in my world. Hope to get a banana plant or a braided ficus tree that'll fit it when our nurseries re-open. On another trip, they had a bunch of Baldwin Brass donated by Lowe's new in the packs, had to have 'em and several pieces were candlesticks I knew BB had discontinued making. I've never thought about buying appliances or anything big like that though. Would the manufacturer's warranty still be honored?

OK, My Dear Buddy, your chimes will be singing in the wind tomorrow. Just printed the label. The chimes looked pretty lonely in the box all by themselves, so I added a few other goodies to fill 'er up.

Edited to add: How cool is that, Mud? Neener's cards are always miniature works of art.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2011 8:13 PM
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
6:41 PM

Post #8387331

My DH came in this evening carrying a package from...Deejay9/Susie! In it was an awesome windchime, a new dish towel, a package of branch hooks and some smell good stuff (soap?) and a cute little thank you card for joining the swap!

Pic below!

Thanks Susie! As soon as the weather warms ups, it will go outside!

Edited to thank Chris for hosting the swap!

This message was edited Feb 22, 2011 9:42 PM

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
6:54 PM

Post #8387363

We flew in to Denver airport. Only able to see the road! It was winter, bad time to be driving up to wyoming. lol. My hubby (boyfriend at the time) was in college out there. We ended up renting a uhaul and driving all the way back to NY from Wyoming. Very pretty!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
7:10 PM

Post #8387400

I lived on the Western Slope in Grand Junction for a while. Didn't like it there, too much like the desert. I like the east side and middle of Colorado.

I knew I forgot to do something! Have my buddies chimes but forgot to get them wrapped up! Got a birthday box ready to go, and it will go out in the morning. Shhhhhhhhhhhh... don't tell our birthday buddy!!!!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
7:21 PM

Post #8387438

Very nice, Debbie. Susie's boxes are always packed full of great surprises.

What I wouldn't give to go on a road trip out West and be able to visit every National Park and DG'ers along the way. Guess if I ever get to, and going by your experience, it should be in Spring.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2011
4:23 AM

Post #8387756

FOTV ... I received the seeds you sent to me. THANKS so much!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2011
5:04 AM

Post #8387796

Your welcome Deb I Wanted to be sure that I Tripled wrap the Glass with buble wrap & Papertowels
Just didn't Feel or Look safe enough to ship & So I figured we all can use another dish towel :) & Looks as it worked for protection . That makes me Happy .

I wanted the HUMMINGBIRD CHIME But the other lady standing there grabbed it up just as i put that one back on the hook wanted to tackle her for it but reframed from it & went back for the flower :)
Happy gardening all .
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8387861

Hey! Flowers work too! And the towel worked just fine! I already have it hanging in the kitchen...now for the warmer weather so the wind chime can go outside and start making it's music!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2011
6:05 AM

Post #8387889

bought my partner's wind chime last night...just have to find a box to put it in and get it mailed out! I had been watching for them to go 1/2 price (Hobby Lobby) because I had one picked out. They did on Monday for this week but when I went in last night to get it...that one was sold out already! So I had to go with a different one...I like it so I hope my partner does too!
dardee4
(Darla) Dubuque, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2011
8:14 AM

Post #8388123

Good morning chime buddies,
I wanted to let whomever has me that I won't be back home til the 4th of March.
I got lucky the post office here is right across the street, so my box will be going out today.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2011
8:16 AM

Post #8388128

Susie, I hope I didn't offend you with my comments about HFH regarding yours because that was certainly not my intent. Since DH has been so involved with them, we are always 'talking them up' and have found lots of people either don't know about the 're-store' or don't know what's really in one. I'm always letting people know how great they are and where the nearest ones are in this area.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2011
10:39 AM

Post #8388327

My box is on it's way. If I remember right it's going to try and fly east, but with this wind it may end up going north.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2011
10:56 AM

Post #8388349

Di No Affense taken I have been so flustard with the one I had boughten & Not for $50 & Have had so many problems with it & It did not come from HFH & was not in anyway degrading HFH bought ours from LOWES .
NO WAY Can I Be UPSET With any Gardening FRIENDS :)))

well i Have BINGO Tonight So I Need to get housework done & Just got plants in the mail so they have priority
have a great day
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2011
2:37 PM

Post #8388754

{{{Susie}}} Thank you, lady.

Well, I sent my chimes out today. I had such a terrible time with getting a box to fit the chimes that I had to make one and then it was getting close to the time the post office would be closed and I was in a hurry, DH came home in the middle of it all and wanted to tell me all about this deal at his work, and all I could think about was the post office closing and I'm wrapping and taping and wrapping and cutting...you get the picture -ACK! I get to the post office with one minute to spare and luckily, the lady there knows me and is so darn friendly so she took me anyway even though priority is supposed to be there 5 minutes before they close at the latest - I think I probably scared her -heehee. So I came home only to see my card lying on the kitchen table. So, partner of mine, sorry about the crazy wrapping and the paper towel rolls and at least two rolls of tape on everything and no card in the box. LOL - it's just been one of those run-on sentence kind of days.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2011

Post #8388782

LOL.. Di, you're cracking me up!! I can just picture the whole scene by the way you described it.. and let me tell you, you're not the first to ever forget to put the card in LOL.. I bet most of us (including myself!) have done that at least one time in a swap somewhere :)

Gee..looks like everyone is getting their chimes in the mail.. I think I may have to do as Di did and make a box..just can't find one long enough ..oops, enough said on that LOL..

Fruitcake, you make sure you stop by Iowa to pick me up.. I want to go with you!! :)

Darla, you and I will have to meet somewhere this summer inbetween Dubuque and Urbandale..maybe I can talk you into going to the Iowa Roundup, it's going to be in Boone this year :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2011
4:33 PM

Post #8388972

Di, I am rolling! What a mental picture and have to admit I've been there & done that too so many times and am notorious for leaving out the card. When I went to the PO today, it was closed for a 30 minute lunch break. When the postmaster saw me trekking back to the car, he flung open the window next to his desk, and with a mouthful said "Hey, hand me your box through here". He knows I print my own postage but still thought that was so cool for him to let me interrupt his break.

Sounds like a plan, Chris. Could we get into mischief or what? LOL Don't think I've ever been to Iowa either although I've crisscrossed the Country several times by air. Heading West, St. Louis is the furthest I've been by car.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2011

Post #8389705

My chime will go out tomorrow. Its been 4 months since I started working again,after staying home for 4 years with the kids. I'm still trying to get use to juggling everything.

Erin
dardee4
(Darla) Dubuque, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2011
8:45 AM

Post #8390095

Chris , To bad we're travelling with our dogs or DH and I could stop on our way back from Denver. The roundup sounds like fun. Depends on when it is if I would be able to attend. With DH working out of town. I'm gonna be busy keeping up with our yard, flowers, pool and house. Told DH the other day I might need a goat to keep up with the grass cutting. He reminded me that they would eat flowers and all. So that might not be a good idea..lol I'll keep the roundup in mind tho. would really like to go..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8390925

Iowa's RU is held mid-May and is a 3-day event, a wonderful time from what I've read. Didn't you attend last year's, Chris? Seems like I remember you did and went on a trolley ride.

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2011
5:26 AM

Post #8391624

The weather is NOT in my favor! Its raining on top of snow rightnow. I guess the weather person said we're suppose to get another 5-9" today. BOO ! This white stuff can go away! I have to drive about 30-45 miles to get to the nearest Lowe's. I will get it out by monday.

Erin

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2011
7:34 AM

Post #8391834

Hi everyone, I just wanted to warn you that my swap cannot go out untill the 1st of March, Only one day late so not to bad, concidering how late I usually have been.. Huggs to all, Got more work to do,,

Elfie

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8393148

Good memory you have there, Fruity! :) Yes, I did attend..my first RU ever..and we took a trolley ride around the lake. Met a bunch of wonderful people..and I'm looking forward to the one in May this year. They're talking about taking a train ride on the Boone Scenic Railway (I think that's the name), which looks like a lot of fun!

I'm going to make me a box tomorrow and get my swap in the mail.. lol..

Edited to fix my goof :)

This message was edited Feb 26, 2011 7:43 AM
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8393484

Possibly headed to Lowe's this afternoon after I get out of work. Have a great day everyone!! =D

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
6:07 AM

Post #8393524

I have just been infoirmed that we can put a GOOBER in our Spring Swap box!! hee, hee. How many folks here wants a Goober...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2011
6:17 AM

Post #8393555

I don't think you would really give her away!!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
6:19 AM

Post #8393559

Hummm,, maybe I could just loan her out to special folks every now and then..lol She would love it that is for sure. If I was rich I would have to travel all the time so she can visit her friends here at Daves,,
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
6:22 AM

Post #8393570

I would love to have Goober visit! My grandkids would have a blast with her..or maybe it's the other way around :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8393590

Chris>>> you are on her top ten list along with purpbutterfly, Fruity, Deejay, Neener, Ridesaredmule/ Charlene, Marlyn and Marion in Florida, Jaye, Jxtiger,I am forget some of them,,, hummm,,, .. well maybe it is a top 20 list..lol
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
8:02 AM

Post #8393784

I made a top 10? Or 20? woohoo!!

Ok.. mark your calendars everyone! My package is going out today.. yep, it's EARLY!!! And let me tell you, when my buddy receives this box..she won't have to check the name, she'll know it's from me because of the miles of tape I put on this box I had to make! LOL

And then, as I'm putting the zillions of miles of tape on..I realize that I haven't put a note or card or anything inside! Hmm..I remember this conversation somewhere! Anyway, there was one tiny little spot that didn't have tape yet, so I wrote a very quick note and stuffed it in that little spot :-)

Now I'm off to the post office~
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
2:39 PM

Post #8394305

Wow..I received my box today! Thank you Darla (Dardee).. I am so thrilled with the chimes and other goodies you sent :)

Darla sent me two sets of chimes..one is a copper looking angel and the other is a ceramic bird with butterfly accents. Then she sent a sunflower fridge magnet, a frog to put in one of my planters, a very pretty little notepad (that goes into my purse, since I'm always looking for something to write on lol), room spray that smells like Peonies (love it!) and a little box of chocolates. Darla also sent a very nice birthday card too :)

I love those chimes.. thank you so much Darla! I can't wait to get them put up and tinkling in the wind..

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8394347

I received my windchimes today!! What a great surprise after a day of work! With the chimes was also a little bottle of lotion, garden gloves and a little frog bobble head that hangs on the sides of a pot! Thank you Robin (Robynznest)!! I love it all!

Erin =)

Thumbnail by momoftwo607

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2011
7:09 PM

Post #8394706

Very nice, you two! Wait til you see how your copper angel weathers and gets a beautiful patina. And I got a kick of our your cats and fish chime, Erin. You should see my cats when I say it's time for fish...they love canned food and every now and then I sneak in a can of real tuna or salmon. What a great pick-me-up after a day at work.

If my box didn't land today, it should on Monday...the anticipation is killing me. Always hope my buddy likes what I've picked out :)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2011
4:37 AM

Post #8395053

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you (((((((Susan)))))). Oh my where to start. Yesterday was one of those days that I wasn't getting things done that I wanted to get done, because of my scratched eye, but when the mailman showed up with an arm load of packages, I started smiling. I got a rose trade in the mail. One package was a game I ordered for my DGD, antoher was a new phone fo DH. The next was a book for my DD and I, Then I opened a package the had this beautiful chime in it. But I couldn't figure out who she was, I went to the computer and looked up our list, no that name isn't on here. Who in the world is this? My excitement went to the side, I couldn't enjoy it until I found out who she was. So I put it to the side and opened the last box, it was from Susan, The little card she sent with her big box mentioned to be on the lookout for another box. I then started crying, that other box had the most beautiful chimes in it which I held up and jingle was like my grandmas. (DH had thought I finally lost it and was ready to head out the door to take me to the looney bin).

After wiping my eyes I started pulling out litt present from the big bos. I got the cutest scrub brush, a bar of soap(?), Dark Chocolate Dove candies, 2 Extra Dark chocolate Godiva bars,, plant stakes (metal). I needed some of these badly. a set of watering globes in blues, so pretty and a fantastic wooden windchime that is to die for. I love it all. and my crying just kept coming. I had to wait for my DD to take a picture cause I couldn't see it well enough to focus the dern camera. So late last night she took these pics of the most wonderful Spring presents.

Capiz Chimes Susan ordered for me, from the mystery lady. Ebay seller.
Thank you so much, Susan. Love and big hugs to you.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2011
4:39 AM

Post #8395055

The beautiful wood chimes. I need to take a better pic when I get it hanging.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2011

Post #8395059

My box of goodies.

Can't wait to eat the chocolates, best comfort food on the planet. The bars are going to be eaten with a hot pepper jelly yum!

Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2011
7:23 AM

Post #8395266

So glad you had a good ending to a rough day! Susan definately did it again. Such a great box, and to give you tears of joy, how sweet. I'm really happy for you!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2011
8:39 AM

Post #8395393

awww Robin, {{{hugs & tears of joy}}} When I found those chimes, they had your name written all over them. The Lemon Verbena soap is hard milled and lasts a long time, unlike the chocolates...lol Enjoy, My Dear!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2011
3:15 PM

Post #8396132

Mailed my box out to my swap buddy this afternoon...should arrive on Wednesday, March 2nd! I'm directionaly challenged (hehehe) so I have no idea which direction this box is going! Not really but since this is a secret swap, I can't say where it is headed! Hope my buddy likes the contents!

PS: 21 days until the first day of spring!!! You know we are all counting!

Debbie
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8396169

I found one that sounded beautiful to me. Its in a box and in to the wind tomorrow. I am sooo counting until the 1st day of spring!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2011
5:24 PM

Post #8396482

First day of Spring is just another day. Our spring really doesn't start for another month after that. I look forward to MAY DAY!!! :-)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2011
6:17 PM

Post #8396640

Ours doesn't either but at least Spring will be in our psyches. Some of you may have used the frost/freeze calculator before, but if you haven't it's a cool tool and in past years have found predictions to be spot on. Just plug in your zip code:

http://davesgarden.com/guides/freeze-frost-dates/
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8398390

It won't be here either but knowing that the calendar says March 20th is the first day of spring is like December 25th is Christmas! It may not feel like spring but it's here!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2011
5:23 PM

Post #8398700

And what about Punxsutawney Phil's prediction that we will have an early Spring? Sure sounds good to me and unlike a bunch of you, we haven't been snowed in once, pretty unusual for us but hey, I'm not complaining.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 28, 2011
5:29 PM

Post #8398715

Singing happy birthday off key but just had to say Happy Birthday Chris!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2011
5:32 PM

Post #8398723

My work (Purdue University) closed for two days straight this year because of snow and ice...something they have never done. Only two other separate times have they closed the college in the 8 years I've worked there.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2011
5:55 PM

Post #8398789

The place I used to work for rarely if ever closed either. My boss and I had an agreement that I'd go by our local school schedules, which were often two hours late. I always made it in somehow, but there were many times my 45 minute commute turned into several hours and were often downright scary.

Happy Birthday, Chris, and many more! What if we hum, Betty? That's a lot better than me trying to sing either.

hmmm...Wonder who's B-day is coming up :)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2011
6:01 PM

Post #8398812

Happy Birthday Chris, hope it's a good one.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

February 28, 2011
6:20 PM

Post #8398853

My Buddies package went out today. I it suppose to be there Wednesday. I can't wait to see if she likes it.

Happy Birthday Chris!!!
dardee4
(Darla) Dubuque, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2011
8:22 PM

Post #8399106

Happy Birthday Chris!!!! Glad you liked your chimes and misc :)

We're heading home Thursday. Can't wait to see if my box is there.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2011
8:26 PM

Post #8399108

Just got back from Dothan, it is about 90 miles or so from our house. I got my hair washed and cut, frnch braided and then the demon hairdresser attacked my eyebrows..lol.. I feel pretty and pampered!! James and his partner have a lovely house and I have picked out my favorite room for when I visit. We went out to Red lobster for dinner and had the strangest waiter. I cannot even describe him,, but was fun laughing at Robert cringe everytime the boy opened his mouth. I bout died of laughter. Ralph had a great time too. We were sad to leave,, but I am more than ever resolved to get this house done.. Thier house is just amazing!!

Going to get the last thing for my partners box tomarrow then off it goes!!,, I am tired,, night all...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2011
3:48 AM

Post #8399322

Mud would love to see your new do :) PLEAse Bet it is cool I wouldn't know how to act if anyone pampered me :)
ya all have a great day still watching .
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
4:53 AM

Post #8399396

WOOOOHOOOOO. Happy Birthday CHRIS!!!!!! AND, for Chris's birthday, I received my terrific chime exchange box from her! lol She did GREAT, again, as always. How funny you got me this time too. tee hee

She sent me these wonderful chimes that I had been eyeballing at Lowe's. Great minds think alike. I LOVE THEM.

She also included a wonderful plaque that says "life if full of choices. 1. plant flowers 2. clean house See you in the garden!" ROFL My DH said, yup, that's you! Also this petite lovely little chime with a purple butterfly (purple is one of my fav colors and love b'flies).

I'll post the chimes here and the others on the next post. You have to look real hard to see the chimes against the brown rock, but they are so perty!

THANKS CHRIS!!!!!! You've done it again!

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
4:55 AM

Post #8399400

Next pic. I see you have to enlarge the chimes to see them all.

Thumbnail by Crit

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 1, 2011
8:29 AM

Post #8399977

Didn't want to mail mine from Canada as it takes forever to go through customs, all going well, I should be in Buffalo on the weekend so will post from there!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2011
9:22 AM

Post #8400060

Mine should reach its destination by friday! =)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 1, 2011
9:53 AM

Post #8400145

Told my SIL to be, that he is going to have to build me a pergola and an arbor just for all the chimes I want to get. He rolled his eyes at me, can't understand why though. Doesn't everyone want a special place to hang chimes?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
3:06 PM

Post #8400763

Patti, those are super nice chimes.

Yes, we do, Robin. Send him over here when he's finished building for you. Mine that are fairly lightweight are hanging in the Cherry tree. We have so few trees and use underneath our deck to hang the tubes and bamboo ones from eyebolts, and a new one with metal bells my MIL gave hubby for Christmas, really different looking and sounding. Think of all the climbing roses you could have with structures like that too. Great ideas, keep after him.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8400842

Wow!! Pretty chimes.

got my chimes today to send and I just Love them!! I was hoping all the way home that they would not fit in the box and that way I could keep them,,sigh,, lol. But drat.. they fit, so it is off to the post office tomarrow, it is headed, southeast, orwas it southwest?? Heck now I have forgot,,,heehee.

Here is pic of my new do,, excuse the ugly face that goes with it!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8400849

Thought I had resized that pic. Guess I hadn't. Here they are again.

Thumbnail by Crit

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2011
4:01 PM

Post #8400860

Crit,, I am sure you got those by mistake,, they are really to pretty to be living in Oklahoma,, They should be swinging from a tree in my fairy garden...lol ;)

Here is a pic of Robert and Ralph relaxing on the veranda,,,

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8400869

Thank you for the birthday wishes..I had a terrific day :)

Patti, I had gotten the big set for you before you mentioned seeing them at Lowe's..I was sweating, just waiting for you to say you bought them! LOL.. And the rinky-dink chimes were thrown in for fun.. I knew you'd like the purple :-)

Kris, I love your hair..I've always admired it, just never said so..I'm not one who can wear long hair and look good in it.. you do! (sour look or not LOL)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2011
4:12 PM

Post #8400887

Why thank you Miss Chris. That was sweet of you. I always had short hair, then 3 years ago I decided to quit cutting it. So this is the result. I still have problems adjusting to it and it does get in the way. But I love it anyway!!.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2011
5:34 AM

Post #8401897

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! =D

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2011
5:39 AM

Post #8401904

Happy Birthday Betty, are you going to pamper yourself today? I would.

Love the new do elf and the guys are a couple of good looking ones.

The chimes are so pretty, wish we could hear them all. Love mine.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2011
6:48 AM

Post #8401994

Happy Birthday Betty!!! I bought cake,, did anyone bring plates?? We could just eat it with our hands!!!

Thanks to everyone who likes my new do!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

March 2, 2011
6:53 AM

Post #8402008

Elf you and your hair are beautiful. Wish mine was that color!!

Happy Birthday Betty!!! I brought the ice cream. Whoops forgot the plates. mmmmm what do we do now :o)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2011
7:08 AM

Post #8402049

Has anyone heard from Betty today?? She is MIA...
dardee4
(Darla) Dubuque, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2011
7:58 AM

Post #8402117

Happy Birthday Betty!!! I brought the plates. OH OH no forks or spoons tho. :\

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2011
8:03 AM

Post #8402126

Betty has shown up!! So we can proceed with the festivities,, now where are the forks??

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 2, 2011
8:50 AM

Post #8402182

Thank you ladies..you've made my day! Drats, got up few hours earlier than normal, had a few things I wanted to do seeing as my day will be busy, looked outside and thought, lovely day...had a bathe, came out and you could not see 1 inch in front of you..white knuckle driving, an hour drive to work each day, today from time to time I didn't even know I was on the road...now, it's blue sky and sunshine..imagine that!

Am enjoying your well wishes and the cake...
you are all such lovely people..I've truly been blessed!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2011
1:15 PM

Post #8402639

Happy Birthday, Betty, Hope you have a lovely evening as well as your sunshine-y (now) day!

I started a new swap for garden tools and flags if anyone is interested.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1161528/

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2011
2:02 PM

Post #8402787

Happiest of Birthdays, Betty!

Everyone here is beautiful inside and out.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2011
2:09 PM

Post #8402814

Happy Birthday Betty

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2011
2:10 PM

Post #8402825

Jana,, wish I could, but just sent out 3 boxes and have one more to go so will be waiting a little bit to join another one,, sigh,, sounds fun though,,, I was cleaning out the shed and found my Beach Flag.. Guess where it is now!!! LOL

And Fruity,, I found the scale, I was getting so mad at myself for loosing it when Gryphon called and I asked him if he knew what happened to it, He said " Nana!! You told me to put it up so I did",, "Well where is put up" I asked,, he replied "in the craft room on the shelf where you said to put it"... Well don't I just feel stupid as I walked out there and it was right where it was suposed to be!!! I must have looked right at it at least 3 times...lol
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2011
2:28 PM

Post #8402890

So you have CRS too...lol Worst thing for me is going upstairs knowing there was something really important I was to do or pick up, and my mind goes blank. Halfway down the stairs, if I'm lucky it hits me...ugh. When did I get so old?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2011
2:37 PM

Post #8402906

I have SADS Senior Attention Deficit Syndrome and CRS.. sigh.. really need to go paint something it is calling me,, Elfie,, Elfie,, please paint me!!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8403290

Happy B'day Betty

Thumbnail by Crit

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 3, 2011
7:41 AM

Post #8404262

thank you all..
Put my swap buddy's name on the package this morning, crossing over to Buffalo tomorrow night so either it will be posted Friday or early Saturday so hopefully by end of week it will be chime'ing in someone's garden..
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2011
7:50 AM

Post #8404280

Really getting antsy to get my yard stuff out and the chimes up! Won't be much longer! My swap buddy should have received her box yesterday...hope they were received and ok!

Debbie

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2011
8:38 AM

Post #8404385

I am antsy for my buddy to get hers,,, sigh. It takes to long to get the mail to where it is going, I want it there NOW!!!!! I am such an instant gradification child!! Got up early went outside, walked the dog, got a hammer and beat up a wooden box / display thingy, spray painted a vanity stool, painted the beat-up box, walked (hobbled ) the garden and yard with Ralph to try to decide where to move things, now catching up here, then having lunch with Ralph, finishing a SECRET project and then getting it into the mail.. Humm I think my day is kinda full!!!lol,,, Off and running I am,,,later...

and I want to build this garden,,

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2011
2:12 PM

Post #8404874

Thank you " DEBBIE" I Rec;d My CHIMES Today :) & They are so Cute thenk you.
I Have dragon flies in the House Now :) It is way to cold yet to hang anything out so they will stay
In & All are in One PIECE Nothing BROKEN .

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2011
2:17 PM

Post #8404877

along with the chimes Debbie shared all these goodies
Never have enough Gardening Gloves , A Little Rubbery Bug Hugging some Plant markers made out
of Blinds & Also A HUG For Each DAY OF THE WEEK IT WILL HANG Over my Deck .
Thank you Debbie

susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 3, 2011
2:21 PM

Post #8404880

PRAYING MANTIS iS THE bug :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2011
2:23 PM

Post #8404885

Ohhh, pretty...

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2011
2:57 PM

Post #8404946

Love those dragon flies.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2011

Post #8404949

lookie at what I did today!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2011
3:00 PM

Post #8404952

That's pretty Elf.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2011
3:08 PM

Post #8404963

Thanks Robin,, I had Fun,, working on more stuff now,, just killing time while paint dries
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

March 3, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8405188

I got my chimes today and I really love them. They have a really cute big frog on them holding a sign saying welcome. Thanks so much Patti (Crit) It is beautiful and the sound of them is wonderful.

Thumbnail by ilovejesus99

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2011
5:01 PM

Post #8405190

That frog is so cute.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

March 3, 2011
5:01 PM

Post #8405191

another picture, Thanks again Patti!!!

Thumbnail by ilovejesus99

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8405193

Soooo Cute!!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2011
5:31 PM

Post #8405255

Elfie, I went into a candle shop where I picked up quite a few of 'swap' things today. It's an hour from home but was over that way with DD looking for a car and just had to go in. They had an entire room that was loaded with beachy things for inside and outside the house and all I could think of was "I wish I had Kris, I wish I had Kris" so if your ears were ringing today...lol. Everywhere I go all I think about is what I can get for swaps and who had what listed on their want lists.

Susie, if Carole sees though dragonflies you better watch out. She and I are thick as thieves when it comes to dragonflies - you better hide em!

Froggie chimes are so cute!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8405307

You are keeping me in stiches tonight!! My ears did ring all day funny you should mention that?? Oh, darn forgot,, my ears always ring it is a side effect of my meds..sigh...hee hee.

I am going to be in Parkersburg, WV for two weeks in May. I am having eye surgery at my DDIL office. They are cutting away some of the excess skin over my eyes. It is affecting my vision. Are you any where near there??
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2011
5:57 PM

Post #8405318

Love the chimes you gals are receiving and Atlas gloves rule. The pair you sent me, Cindy, is still in great shape.

Beachy ought to be my middle name and can't wait til we go on vacation again this Summer.

Ms. Mud...You really have a knack for the creative touch, keep up your good work. Did you make the shell collage for your bathroom?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8405321

Yes!! Am doing one for the living room next, or the kitchen not sure.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

March 3, 2011
6:27 PM

Post #8405383

I know alot of you do not visit SI so I thought I'd post here also

Meet my baby Harlee Serena she is Pitt Bull/ Austrailian Shepperd mix, she's 15 weeks old and very well mannered. She was in a animal shelter foster home.

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2011
6:32 PM

Post #8405401

Nope..opposite side of the state. I'm maybe 20 minutes from the Indiana state line. Isn't Parkersburg up near Pittsburgh? That's about 5-6 hours from me, Huntington is about 3.5-4 hours. Do you have to stay that long for the surgery and recovery or are you fitting in a little family time in there as well?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8405403

Have to stay for two weeks for follow up doctor apointment. Plus can cuddle with Grandaughter..heehee

Cindy Beautiful puppy. Congrats!!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8405404

For heavens sake, Cindy! Look at her face - she looks just like one of those pups on TV. I bet you can't stop from hugging on her constantly. That's great that she is doing so well for being just 15 weeks - what a sweetheart.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

March 3, 2011
7:52 PM

Post #8405582

Yup I keep hugging her and kissing her all I can. She is really smart too. Fetches and returns with the ball. Lays when I tell her too. Have to wait for ten days before I can take her out walking, after that we will take daily walks.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2011
4:50 AM

Post #8405949

I'm glad you like them Sandy!!!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8406017

Look at that sweet little puppy face, I just want to smoosh her face with kisses too.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 4, 2011
6:21 AM

Post #8406108

Just love the froggie..how adorable is that...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8407319

Sorry, didn't realize how long this thread was getting!! I've started another page for us, so come on over!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1162222/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America