Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Would you be interested in purchasing a DG terracotta mug?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 173 votes:

Yes! I want one (or more!)
(77 votes, 44%)
Red dot

No, I wouldn't purchase one.
(96 votes, 55%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Here is a picture of the original mug. Hopefully, they will be very similar to this one.

Thumbnail by melody
-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

And Melody, hopefully they would be a reasonable price... Remember, we have to pay shipping, too! Price range less than $10 including shipping, please.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I think the price will ultimately be determined on how many we order...the price goes down for larger quantities. We really want to make the mug available again and we'll strive to keep the cost as low as possible.

The voting booth question will hopefully give us a handle on what you all have on your minds as well.

Havelock, Canada

Cost including shipping is my main concern and would decide whether it was do-able or not.

I love the look of the mug.

Elaine and Otis

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I would love one --but----shipping costs will be the deciding factor for me.

I wish you'd put a couple of choices on here, and we could vote on which one we like... or we might like to have one of each, etc.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We're working on re-issuing the now 'collector-item' mug.
The design would be the same, or as similar as we can get it. These were offered 7 or 8 years ago and are cherished by members who own them. (the picture is my own personal mug)

We want to give everyone the opportunity to have one, as DG has grown quite a bit since those days and many members have requested a re-issue.

Crossville, TN

I HAVE TWO...1 FOR CHANGE...1 FOR HOT CHOCOLATE...HOT CHOCOLATE GETS THE MOST USE.

THINK OF SHIPPING THEM IN NUMBERS TO RU HOST...6 OR MORE IN ONE BOX FOR ABOUT $13.00...JUST A THOUGHT. JO

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

I missed out on the first one, and I have been wanting one since! Crossing fingers...

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

I've been "mugged" by every associated organization, friend, relative, acquaintance... & T-shirts too for that matter. Is there another functional object that DG can use for fundraising? Something that won't break in the mail? Something that we can all use?

> Hand trowel or a pair of shears? (Functional, universal)
> A decorative rain gauge? (Underutilized, could be lightweight to reduce shipping)
> Seed packet sorting/storage boxes? (Keep 'em dry/protected. Keep 'em from getting scrambled up by the end of the growing season, no matter how many helpers you may have... ?)
> Decoupage kit to recycle tobasco, A-1, & other small bottles into rooting/bud vases: share the joy of your blossoms with the neighbors, don't worry about getting the "vase" back, spread the word about DG, root your cuttings for future trades! (ok, perhaps it's bedtime.)

Our local PBS station's biggest sellers: umbrellas & tote bags. Don't give up. I just don't want another mug....& I'm a coffee addict.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

My money is too tight to buy a mug. I'd rather use the 10 bucks for a bag of soil ammendment. Yes, I know Im kinda practical. Like holeth, I too have been gifted with many mugs. I love DG but I dont need a mug. Thanks for offering it for those who do want it. Cam

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Count me in for two if you decide to order them since Jo won't give me hers.....

Doug

Crossville, TN

Doug,although you are like a son to me...as I would tell him..."get yer own!!" Jo

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I would like one and agree shipping cost is a factor... Thanks for bringing them back so us newer peeps can get one;o)

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

I already have two of these, from a company that sells garden markers. They give them as a thanks for the order.
EDIT to say, it has their company name on it, but for the rest the mug is identical.

This message was edited Feb 1, 2011 9:18 AM

Crossville, TN

IS THAT LEGAL OF THEM? JO

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Terracotta flowerpot mugs are sold by several companies, but the logo is ours. I've run across the mugs without the logo in yard sales and thrift stores,in several sizes, so they are out there....just no DG logo.

These would have the logo printed on them.

Weatherford, TX(Zone 7b)

Probably not.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Lame quiz. Why not just call it what it is -- an advertisement? Disappointed. And no to the mug.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

No, this is definitely not an advertisement. Profit isn't the motive.

We've had many members beg for a re-issue on these mugs. We're just trying to determine if there is enough interest to go forward.

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

I have TOO many coffee mugs!!

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

If there isn't enough interest in these mugs, I would hope that DG would consider offering for purchase one or some of the ideas holeth mentioned above.

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

Sorry, but until I get a new part-time job, (I was laid off in Sept.) or pay off my car I'll be in: "If I can't eat it, I can't buy it" mode :(

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

does it hold water, or is there a drainage hole in the bottom?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I have too many mugs here already so I would have to say no.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

No drainage hole. It is strictly a beverage mug and holds 16 ounces.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

You could drill a hole if you want one palmbob;o)

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

I've had mine for years, love it.

Paul

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

No ~ I will pass but must comment, shipping costs are shipping costs.

Anyone that deals with it on a regular basis knows shipping is expensive these days.
You see, I've been buying too many plants & seeds lately so know how much it costs.

On top of cheap shipping, y'all want this mug to arrive in one piece.
You can not have your cake and expect to eat it also! 8 )

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Sorry, I won't buy one. I would rather have something useful for gardening than another mug. Unless it was twice the size, with a drainage hole for a plant then I might consider it. I doubt it, with the shipping costs. It would have to be plastic.

Davenport, IA(Zone 5a)

Melody,
I already have two of the "original" DG flower pot mugs...and I just love them. If they became available again (same identic style/color,etc) I would probably buy at least two more.

I'm surprised at the "tone" of this thread, since many members have been asking about this mug, for (what seems like) years.

Thanks Melody!

Sashagirl

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I would suspect the current economy has an effect on this thread. And perhaps many of the members that had been asking about this mug may have moved on also.

So... have you or anyone here solicited this thru any of the local forums you participate in? Not everyone reads the voting booth question. It is a fairly narrow test gauge.

This message was edited Feb 3, 2011 8:10 AM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

We really don't want to flood the site with this question...that would make it more like an 'ad,' which we really don't want it to become. We know that members have repeatedly requested a re-issue and are hoping that the voting booth is a good enough cross section for us to get an idea the level of enthusiasm for a repeat offering.

I still would like one/two. I have many, many friends because of DG, and it's a useful remembrance.

Deep South, TX(Zone 9b)

I would be interested in at least two depending on price and wheather they are plastic or ceramic.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

They will be glazed terracotta, (same stuff as a real flowerpot, only glazed) not plastic.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I bought four of the original mugs and they are still used and loved!! I can tell you they are sturdy heavy large and wonderfully made. The inside has a great coating and I pop them in the dish washer all the time. Just for fun here is a picture I took of the Dave the day I bought mine in 2006. He is holding a picture of another member "shoe" that couldn't be there in person.
Maybe this picture will give you a better idea of the size and quality of the cup.
Oh, and I would be willing to buy two more if for no other reason, to give them as gifts to my gardening friends.

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Like'em .. would like two .. perhaps 3 ..

Think they look wonderful ...

Thank you for the re issue .. I have never had one ... quite happy about this !!!

~M~

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Mel, would they be offered through Zazzle, so you could get your Tshirt/apron/keychain at the same time? I've never seen anything like this over there. And yes for me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.