Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

February coming with more snow and freeze....come on Spring!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Come here for a nice weather talk...and more!
This guy came to my garden this morning, during such deep freeze as 1F.

We came from here : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1150489/

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Brrrrr It so chilly around here and I will take pictures later on that how deep is! Truck plow and dump into my driveway over 3 foot...

Partly Sunny 2° Real Feel like -10*....

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes Rusty take pictures! We didn't get anything, just a bunch of rain and a few thunderstorms but the snow and ice and what-not lifted and went north.

It got cold though! 20* at 8:40am, supposed to have a high of 32*. While I was driving to work it was snowing and the sun was shining at the same time, that was absolutely gorgeous!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

3° RealFeel® -6°

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Front porch

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

back yard

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

It's currently 26º F here. Yesterday and last night it snow/sleeted about 3 or 4 inches of crystally ice...like snow cones. Yesterday it held steady at 19º til night and then warmed up in the night to 32º...kind of scary when it's sleet balling.

Hey, it's 26* here too Indy!

Rusty you got a ton of snow!!! It's so pretty but eeeek!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Quote from crissyr :

Rusty you got a ton of snow!!! It's so pretty but eeeek!!

Sunny 12° RealFeel® 8°

Yeah! It pretty eeekkk and I did shovel over 2 hours to clean driveway and some young guy help me for just 20 minutes to finish by the curb...It so nice! But look all the piles of snow up to near 4 feet! lol....

This message was edited Feb 2, 2011 3:50 PM

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's what I did shovel on driveway....

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It so chilly down to:

Clear -10° RealFeel® 0°

* Humidity: 90%
* Pressure: 30.70 in
* Cloud Cover: 0 %
* UV Index: 0
* Dew Point: -12 °F
* Amount of Precipitation(1 Hr): 0.00 in
* Visibility: 10 Miles

I got my bad body aches! I need to exercise for my weight....

Stay warm inside!

Wow! Glad he came over and helped you, even for just the short amount of time he did, every little bit helps! Shoveling snow flat out sucks. Yes stay warm inside!

My drive to work this morning involved snow flurries, we're not supposed to get anything until tonight and into tomorrow morning. I might be taking the day off tomorrow!

It's overcast with snow flurries and 19*, supposed to reach a high of 32* again today.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Knee deep snow and extreme temps around here. This morning temps at one point were -16. Yep, that's a minus there. Drifts are over my truck in height in some places. But most everyone is dug out to some extent and able to get out and about. Roads are cleared and ready for the next round.

Don't have pics yet. Since I don't have a smaller camera anymore I haven't taken my Finepix out. I have tomorrow off so will try to get out and get some pics. And email a friend and ask why I can't download pics anymore. Get that all sorted out soon I hope.

Temps right now in the low teens and dyson dark.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

BP, Pep, Indy and Rusty be careful and stay safe!!!!

Sunny and Cold here today.... 40° or so for the next 4 days!

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

[quote="Beach_Barbie"]
I had the top down on the convertible coming home from work and my husband and our dog took a bike ride.

Beach_Barbie...How did you do it?! I've been trying to teach my dog how to ride a bike for YEARS with little success. When he gets the hang of pedaling, he forgets to steer. When he does steer, he stops pedaling and tips over! I'm at my wits end! Any pointers (no pun intended) would be most appreciated.

early_bloomer

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!

(Zone 5a)

I'm here for a minute. DD's ultrasound today. It's a boy AND a girl!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

(Zone 5a)

I'm only here for a minute. Sara is having twins. One of each!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Wow, Sally, twins! Hurray for your DD and for you becoming a grandmother of 2 more grandchildren! Congratulations!
She will need our prayers for an easy pregnancy.

Stay safe everyone! It's warming up here, finallly! We had 32 F today, after more than 2 weeks of deep freeze.
I took this picture yesterday morning, look at that fog!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 7a)

Darrell is a twin.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Has more snow coming up at 12 pm today and will be 1 to 3 inches also more on Sunday will be snow again....

I have flock of birds eating sunflowers and there is 6 red cardinals and some birds also very rare to come 1 red-wing bird then flew away!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Warmed up to freezing today, sunny and no breeze. A nice day overall.

A friend came over and cleared our driveway today so we can get out now without falling in the deep snow. lol. Driveway is level now!! LOL. More snow on the way Sunday, up to an inch predicted. No snow Mon, then snow Tues and Weds.

Pepper, glad you got out of the snow!
Celia, is Darrel's twin identical?

We're having 41F today and sunny, yiiippeee!

(Zone 5a)

10°
high/low 27°/20°
Today: Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. High in the upper 20s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to 3 below in the morning.

Adina, thank you! That is some fog!

Celia, :o) How many other siblings does Darrell have?

Rusty, Wow on the cardinals! They are so beautiful against the snow or even in the tree. Another wow on the red wing blackbird!

Pepper, weren't the drifts something?!

The babies weigh about 8 oz now and she was 17 weeks along Monday. They are fraternal so she ovulated twice. There's a reason for everything so I guess we'll see where it takes us :o)

(Zone 7a)

Darrell has 5 sisters and 2 brothers. Let's see if I can remember the order...

Lydia, Irma, William, Bernice, David, Darrell and Darlene, Irene. Whew! And most of them grew up in a house with 1 bathroom. Yikes!!!

Possible snow today. 34º

I hate sharing the bathroom. LOL. And it's just 3 of us in this house. We just tell the guys to go outside when we have a full house. They love it!! LOL!!!

Warmer, around the freezing point and sunny today. Not much of a breeze either so it was pretty decent.

Celia, wow, so many brothers and sisters, bless their hearts!
Sally, good news that the babies are well!

Here's the sky from yesterday. It was sunny and 41F. Snow and ice are melting...yiippeeee!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 5a)

23° with a high of 33°

KCRG-TV9 FIRST ALERT FORECAST
Clouds will roll in and thicken up through tonight keeping our temperatures mild in the low 20’s. We may see a few scattered flurries and snow showers Sunday, but accumulations should be minor with most picking up less than an inch. Highs will reach near 30 Sunday which may mix in a few raindrops causing slick spots, but this should also be very minor. Another big push of cold air is on the way for next week.

Celia, ''whew'' is right with all those kids! I sincerely hope, after these twins, there are no more, LOL! Four is aplenty!

Pepper, they do love it don't they?

Adina, so far so good! DD said one child would weigh about 7 ounces at this time, so they have a good weight.

Oooh, beautiful sky!!

High around 37 and cloudy all day. Snow never did materialize but we are supposed to get a few inches on Tues.

Watching Super Bowl. I'm rooting for the Packers. Gotta root for them. They are a Midwestern team. lol

Spot of color, VooDoo Doll.

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 5a)

Cloudy skies will hold temps steady from early this morning to early this evening. As skies slowly clear tonight temperatures will take a nose dive. Lows overnight will quickly fall to around zero. Highs tomorrow will not recover much despite plenty of sunshine. Look for a high on Tuesday in the upper single digits to lower teens. Not much going on this week, with a cold but mostly clear pool of air overhead until the weekend.

TODAY: Scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy. Temps steadily decreasing. High 31°. Wind NW 10-15 mph.

TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy and cold. Low 0°. Wind NW 5-15 mph.

Pepper, we got a dusting of snow and nice temps yesterday.

Another beautiful bloom! Do you just have them in a window? I can't believe they are blooming!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Colder than haties today.

22MPH NW wind.
Sun, it don't do much!

Got all the old ceiling tile out of the antique shop yesterday. Then started painting the main room & a smaller room.
Tried painting the old tile. That was like trying to paint a wreaked car without taking out the dents. So we tossed them.
Went to Menards & picked up a few boxes of new ones. $3.29 each. Then when I checked out I got a rebate thing. $2 rebate on each tile.

Wind was blowing all afternoon & with the warm temps, the roads were completely snow covered. Slow drive home.

I am working up an estimate on a cabinet job. I went & saw the man Friday. It's a whole house including a computer desk & back bar for his man cave. All cherry for the house.

Congrats to your DD Sally!!! Someone is going to have their hands full! LOL

My internet went down at the house today so no internet there until I can get a service person out to repair it. ppptttthhhhhh

We got a dusting of snow last night but it was 35 at 8:00 this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be clear and about 40ish I think, the Wednesday we're supposed to get a whopper of a storm, they're expecting 3-6" here.

High in the low 20s, cloudy with a few spits of snow here and there. Tomorrow we should get 1-3 inches. People farther south will get more.

The hibiscus aren't blooming right now. Those pics are from a few months ago. lol. I still can't download new pics. I'll eventually get that figured out. lol

All you see around here is white. As in snow. lol. I figured I would show a different white for a change.

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 5a)

It's -7° and a typical February day.

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY is in effect for counties north and west of the QC until noon Tuesday. Cold air is in place across the viewing area this morning. The result is wind chill values as low as -25°. Expect it to feel below zero all day today, despite an air temp in the upper single digits. We will stay under the influence of cold sunshine through the next 3 days. A warm up arrives late this week and into the weekend and temps could top the freezing mark.

TODAY: Sunny and cold. High 9°. Wind chills 0 to -15. Wind NW 5-15 mph.

TONIGHT: Mostly clear and bitter cold. Low -5°. Wind chills -10 to -20. Wind W 5-10 mph.

Bernie, good deal on the tiles! Better to get the new. It will just make the shop more inviting.

Wow, working with cherry. That should be beautiful!

Chrissy, I don't think busy is going to cover it, LOL!

Boo on the downed internet!!

Boo on the whopper storm!!

Pepper, they were still beautiful blooms. Are you overwintering them in the house?

I love white phlox and hope mine isn't changing color because it's cross pollinated.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

It's now 14* F.... As yesterday, I almost hit the car that lady use her cell phone and I stop pretty hard on the brake and turn to right lane that lady was froze stop and park in a second and I just got so shook up real bad and panic easy so my van is okay phew! Dumb lady never drive on cell phone it is against law....

Here's the weather warning:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST WEDNESDAY...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST WEDNESDAY.

* SHORT TERM TRENDS...LIGHT SNOW AND FLURRIES WILL CONTINUE OVER FAR SOUTHEAST KANSAS AND IN MISSOURI ALONG THE WESTERN MISSOURI STATE LINE THIS AFTERNOON. REPORTS FROM SPOTTERS INDICATE THAT UP TO AN INCH OF SNOW HAS OCCURRED IN SOME AREAS OF SOUTHEAST KANSAS FROM SOUTHWEST OF UNIONTOWN SOUTH TO THE WALNUT AREA. DESPITE THE LOW SNOW TOTALS...ROADS ARE SNOW COVERED IN SOME AREAS. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO INCREASE COVERAGE THIS EVENING AND SPREAD EASTWARD FROM KANSAS INTO MISSOURI. BY MIDNIGHT...AN ADDITIONAL DUSTING TO 2 INCHES OF NEW SNOW IS EXPECTED NORTHWEST OF A BRANSON TO SALEM LINE WITH HEAVIEST SNOW AMOUNTS ALONG AND WEST OF MISSOURI HIGHWAY 71.

* TIMING AND AREAS AFFECTED...ALONG AND NORTH OF A BAXTER SPRINGS KANSAS TO JOPLIN AND OSCEOLA MISSOURI LINE FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...BY THE TIME SNOW ENDS ON WEDNESDAY...3 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED WITH LOCALIZED AMOUNTS AMOUNTS AROUND 6 INCHES POSSIBLE.

* WINDS AND VISIBILITY...SUSTAINED WINDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS WILL CAUSE SOME MINOR BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

* IMPACTS...ACCUMULATING SNOW COULD RESULT IN SLICK ROAD CONDITIONS ACROSS THE AREA...ESPECIALLY LATE THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

I am gonna stay home again to keep safe and warm....

This weekend will be final coming around 50*.....

Wind chill advisory in effect. High of around 11 degrees today but already back down to 2 degrees. Very cold and bitter. Cloudy all day.

Still expecting snow tonight but only about an inch. Nothing to worry about. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 5a)

5° with a high of 13°
Partly cloudy. Very cold. Wind chills approaching -10F. High 13F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Rusty, thank goodness you are alert! I hope you taught her a very good lesson!

Pepper, I love phlox!!

Well, my throat is officially sore and the brain a bit slow. I'm fighting to keep on top of it!

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

we are once again getting blasted with cold temps! Ice & snow too.. it's only a high os 15 right now & going to go down to 8 tonight!! This is NOT normal for Texas even in Feb... already we've broken 2 records last set 20 yrs ago!!!! We do get ice at this time of year but usually it's just one major storm not lasting a whole week or so. Hubby had last week off..Tues. to Fri as his work was closed every day!!! They are closed today but hubby is on his way to Philly for a business meeting & won't be back till Sunday...it's colder here than in PA!!!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Tonight will be down to -7* @real like -6*....

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM CST THURSDAY... ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS CANCELLED...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SPRINGFIELD HAS CANCELLED THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY. A WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM CST THURSDAY.

* SHORT TERM TRENDS...VERY LIGHT SNOW OR FLURRIES WILL BE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON.

* WIND CHILL VALUES...WIND CHILL VALUES WILL RANGE FROM -5 TO -15 DEGREES LATE TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...FROST BITE COULD OCCUR ON EXPOSED SKIN DUE WITH TONIGHTS BITTERLY COLD TEMPERATURES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS...MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.

Wind Chill Advisory here and temps tonight will get below zero. Wind Chills could get to -25. Today was cold, highs in the mid to high teens and sunny. Got 2-3 inches of snow last night and roads were slick this morning.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.