Photo by Melody

Weather: February coming with more snow and freeze....come on Spring!

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 141, Views: 727
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 2, 2011
3:36 AM

Post #8344423

Come here for a nice weather talk...and more!
This guy came to my garden this morning, during such deep freeze as 1F.

We came from here : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1150489/

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2011
5:51 AM

Post #8344571

Brrrrr It so chilly around here and I will take pictures later on that how deep is! Truck plow and dump into my driveway over 3 foot...

Partly Sunny 2° Real Feel like -10*...
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 2, 2011
6:41 AM

Post #8344675

Yes Rusty take pictures! We didn't get anything, just a bunch of rain and a few thunderstorms but the snow and ice and what-not lifted and went north.

It got cold though! 20* at 8:40am, supposed to have a high of 32*. While I was driving to work it was snowing and the sun was shining at the same time, that was absolutely gorgeous!!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2011
7:28 AM

Post #8344771

3° RealFeel® -6°

Thumbnail by JuJu55

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8344776

Front porch

Thumbnail by JuJu55

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2011
7:33 AM

Post #8344784

back yard

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 2, 2011
9:13 AM

Post #8345002

It's currently 26º F here. Yesterday and last night it snow/sleeted about 3 or 4 inches of crystally ice...like snow cones. Yesterday it held steady at 19º til night and then warmed up in the night to 32º...kind of scary when it's sleet balling.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 2, 2011
10:14 AM

Post #8345097

Hey, it's 26* here too Indy!

Rusty you got a ton of snow!!! It's so pretty but eeeek!!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2011
1:49 PM

Post #8345516

[quote="crissyr"]

Rusty you got a ton of snow!!! It's so pretty but eeeek!![/quote]

Sunny 12° RealFeel® 8°

Yeah! It pretty eeekkk and I did shovel over 2 hours to clean driveway and some young guy help me for just 20 minutes to finish by the curb...It so nice! But look all the piles of snow up to near 4 feet! lol...

This message was edited Feb 2, 2011 3:50 PM

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2011
2:01 PM

Post #8345526

Here's what I did shovel on driveway...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 3, 2011
5:14 AM

Post #8346300

It so chilly down to:

Clear -10° RealFeel® 0°

* Humidity: 90%
* Pressure: 30.70 in
* Cloud Cover: 0 %
* UV Index: 0
* Dew Point: -12 °F
* Amount of Precipitation(1 Hr): 0.00 in
* Visibility: 10 Miles

I got my bad body aches! I need to exercise for my weight...

Stay warm inside!

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2011
6:49 AM

Post #8346450

Wow! Glad he came over and helped you, even for just the short amount of time he did, every little bit helps! Shoveling snow flat out sucks. Yes stay warm inside!

My drive to work this morning involved snow flurries, we're not supposed to get anything until tonight and into tomorrow morning. I might be taking the day off tomorrow!

It's overcast with snow flurries and 19*, supposed to reach a high of 32* again today.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 3, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8352132

Knee deep snow and extreme temps around here. This morning temps at one point were -16. Yep, that's a minus there. Drifts are over my truck in height in some places. But most everyone is dug out to some extent and able to get out and about. Roads are cleared and ready for the next round.

Don't have pics yet. Since I don't have a smaller camera anymore I haven't taken my Finepix out. I have tomorrow off so will try to get out and get some pics. And email a friend and ask why I can't download pics anymore. Get that all sorted out soon I hope.

Temps right now in the low teens and dyson dark.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 3, 2011
5:41 PM

Post #8352146

BP, Pep, Indy and Rusty be careful and stay safe!!!!

Sunny and Cold here today... 40° or so for the next 4 days!
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2011
6:18 PM

Post #8352246

[quote="Beach_Barbie"]
I had the top down on the convertible coming home from work and my husband and our dog took a bike ride.

Beach_Barbie...How did you do it?! I've been trying to teach my dog how to ride a bike for YEARS with little success. When he gets the hang of pedaling, he forgets to steer. When he does steer, he stops pedaling and tips over! I'm at my wits end! Any pointers (no pun intended) would be most appreciated.

early_bloomer
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 4, 2011
3:13 AM

Post #8352599

LOL!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8353500

I'm here for a minute. DD's ultrasound today. It's a boy AND a girl!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2011
12:03 PM

Post #8353509

I'm only here for a minute. Sara is having twins. One of each!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 4, 2011
12:41 PM

Post #8353596

Wow, Sally, twins! Hurray for your DD and for you becoming a grandmother of 2 more grandchildren! Congratulations!
She will need our prayers for an easy pregnancy.

Stay safe everyone! It's warming up here, finallly! We had 32 F today, after more than 2 weeks of deep freeze.
I took this picture yesterday morning, look at that fog!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 4, 2011
12:51 PM

Post #8353612

Darrell is a twin.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 4, 2011
1:44 PM

Post #8353714

Has more snow coming up at 12 pm today and will be 1 to 3 inches also more on Sunday will be snow again...

I have flock of birds eating sunflowers and there is 6 red cardinals and some birds also very rare to come 1 red-wing bird then flew away!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 4, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8354124

Warmed up to freezing today, sunny and no breeze. A nice day overall.

A friend came over and cleared our driveway today so we can get out now without falling in the deep snow. lol. Driveway is level now!! LOL. More snow on the way Sunday, up to an inch predicted. No snow Mon, then snow Tues and Weds.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 5, 2011
2:37 AM

Post #8354704

Pepper, glad you got out of the snow!
Celia, is Darrel's twin identical?

We're having 41F today and sunny, yiiippeee!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2011
4:11 AM

Post #8354773

10°
high/low 27°/20°
Today: Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. High in the upper 20s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Wind chill readings to 3 below in the morning.

Adina, thank you! That is some fog!

Celia, :o) How many other siblings does Darrell have?

Rusty, Wow on the cardinals! They are so beautiful against the snow or even in the tree. Another wow on the red wing blackbird!

Pepper, weren't the drifts something?!

The babies weigh about 8 oz now and she was 17 weeks along Monday. They are fraternal so she ovulated twice. There's a reason for everything so I guess we'll see where it takes us :o)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2011
9:26 AM

Post #8355322

Darrell has 5 sisters and 2 brothers. Let's see if I can remember the order...

Lydia, Irma, William, Bernice, David, Darrell and Darlene, Irene. Whew! And most of them grew up in a house with 1 bathroom. Yikes!!!

Possible snow today. 34º
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 5, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8356164

I hate sharing the bathroom. LOL. And it's just 3 of us in this house. We just tell the guys to go outside when we have a full house. They love it!! LOL!!!

Warmer, around the freezing point and sunny today. Not much of a breeze either so it was pretty decent.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 6, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8356660

Celia, wow, so many brothers and sisters, bless their hearts!
Sally, good news that the babies are well!

Here's the sky from yesterday. It was sunny and 41F. Snow and ice are melting...yiippeeee!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2011
4:25 AM

Post #8356695

23° with a high of 33°

KCRG-TV9 FIRST ALERT FORECAST
Clouds will roll in and thicken up through tonight keeping our temperatures mild in the low 20’s. We may see a few scattered flurries and snow showers Sunday, but accumulations should be minor with most picking up less than an inch. Highs will reach near 30 Sunday which may mix in a few raindrops causing slick spots, but this should also be very minor. Another big push of cold air is on the way for next week.

Celia, ''whew'' is right with all those kids! I sincerely hope, after these twins, there are no more, LOL! Four is aplenty!

Pepper, they do love it don't they?

Adina, so far so good! DD said one child would weigh about 7 ounces at this time, so they have a good weight.

Oooh, beautiful sky!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 6, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8357871

High around 37 and cloudy all day. Snow never did materialize but we are supposed to get a few inches on Tues.

Watching Super Bowl. I'm rooting for the Packers. Gotta root for them. They are a Midwestern team. lol

Spot of color, VooDoo Doll.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2011
4:50 AM

Post #8358482

Cloudy skies will hold temps steady from early this morning to early this evening. As skies slowly clear tonight temperatures will take a nose dive. Lows overnight will quickly fall to around zero. Highs tomorrow will not recover much despite plenty of sunshine. Look for a high on Tuesday in the upper single digits to lower teens. Not much going on this week, with a cold but mostly clear pool of air overhead until the weekend.

TODAY: Scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy. Temps steadily decreasing. High 31°. Wind NW 10-15 mph.

TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy and cold. Low 0°. Wind NW 5-15 mph.

Pepper, we got a dusting of snow and nice temps yesterday.

Another beautiful bloom! Do you just have them in a window? I can't believe they are blooming!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 7, 2011
5:44 AM

Post #8358584

Colder than haties today.

22MPH NW wind.
Sun, it don't do much!

Got all the old ceiling tile out of the antique shop yesterday. Then started painting the main room & a smaller room.
Tried painting the old tile. That was like trying to paint a wreaked car without taking out the dents. So we tossed them.
Went to Menards & picked up a few boxes of new ones. $3.29 each. Then when I checked out I got a rebate thing. $2 rebate on each tile.

Wind was blowing all afternoon & with the warm temps, the roads were completely snow covered. Slow drive home.

I am working up an estimate on a cabinet job. I went & saw the man Friday. It's a whole house including a computer desk & back bar for his man cave. All cherry for the house.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 7, 2011
11:24 AM

Post #8359294

Congrats to your DD Sally!!! Someone is going to have their hands full! LOL

My internet went down at the house today so no internet there until I can get a service person out to repair it. ppptttthhhhhh

We got a dusting of snow last night but it was 35 at 8:00 this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be clear and about 40ish I think, the Wednesday we're supposed to get a whopper of a storm, they're expecting 3-6" here.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 7, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8359909

High in the low 20s, cloudy with a few spits of snow here and there. Tomorrow we should get 1-3 inches. People farther south will get more.

The hibiscus aren't blooming right now. Those pics are from a few months ago. lol. I still can't download new pics. I'll eventually get that figured out. lol

All you see around here is white. As in snow. lol. I figured I would show a different white for a change.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2011
4:13 AM

Post #8360351

It's -7° and a typical February day.

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY is in effect for counties north and west of the QC until noon Tuesday. Cold air is in place across the viewing area this morning. The result is wind chill values as low as -25°. Expect it to feel below zero all day today, despite an air temp in the upper single digits. We will stay under the influence of cold sunshine through the next 3 days. A warm up arrives late this week and into the weekend and temps could top the freezing mark.

TODAY: Sunny and cold. High 9°. Wind chills 0 to -15. Wind NW 5-15 mph.

TONIGHT: Mostly clear and bitter cold. Low -5°. Wind chills -10 to -20. Wind W 5-10 mph.

Bernie, good deal on the tiles! Better to get the new. It will just make the shop more inviting.

Wow, working with cherry. That should be beautiful!

Chrissy, I don't think busy is going to cover it, LOL!

Boo on the downed internet!!

Boo on the whopper storm!!

Pepper, they were still beautiful blooms. Are you overwintering them in the house?

I love white phlox and hope mine isn't changing color because it's cross pollinated.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 8, 2011
1:52 PM

Post #8361254

It's now 14* F... As yesterday, I almost hit the car that lady use her cell phone and I stop pretty hard on the brake and turn to right lane that lady was froze stop and park in a second and I just got so shook up real bad and panic easy so my van is okay phew! Dumb lady never drive on cell phone it is against law...

Here's the weather warning:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST WEDNESDAY...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST WEDNESDAY.

* SHORT TERM TRENDS...LIGHT SNOW AND FLURRIES WILL CONTINUE OVER FAR SOUTHEAST KANSAS AND IN MISSOURI ALONG THE WESTERN MISSOURI STATE LINE THIS AFTERNOON. REPORTS FROM SPOTTERS INDICATE THAT UP TO AN INCH OF SNOW HAS OCCURRED IN SOME AREAS OF SOUTHEAST KANSAS FROM SOUTHWEST OF UNIONTOWN SOUTH TO THE WALNUT AREA. DESPITE THE LOW SNOW TOTALS...ROADS ARE SNOW COVERED IN SOME AREAS. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO INCREASE COVERAGE THIS EVENING AND SPREAD EASTWARD FROM KANSAS INTO MISSOURI. BY MIDNIGHT...AN ADDITIONAL DUSTING TO 2 INCHES OF NEW SNOW IS EXPECTED NORTHWEST OF A BRANSON TO SALEM LINE WITH HEAVIEST SNOW AMOUNTS ALONG AND WEST OF MISSOURI HIGHWAY 71.

* TIMING AND AREAS AFFECTED...ALONG AND NORTH OF A BAXTER SPRINGS KANSAS TO JOPLIN AND OSCEOLA MISSOURI LINE FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...BY THE TIME SNOW ENDS ON WEDNESDAY...3 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED WITH LOCALIZED AMOUNTS AMOUNTS AROUND 6 INCHES POSSIBLE.

* WINDS AND VISIBILITY...SUSTAINED WINDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS WILL CAUSE SOME MINOR BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

* IMPACTS...ACCUMULATING SNOW COULD RESULT IN SLICK ROAD CONDITIONS ACROSS THE AREA...ESPECIALLY LATE THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

I am gonna stay home again to keep safe and warm...

This weekend will be final coming around 50*...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 8, 2011

Post #8361619

Wind chill advisory in effect. High of around 11 degrees today but already back down to 2 degrees. Very cold and bitter. Cloudy all day.

Still expecting snow tonight but only about an inch. Nothing to worry about. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2011
4:14 AM

Post #8362059

5° with a high of 13°
Partly cloudy. Very cold. Wind chills approaching -10F. High 13F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Rusty, thank goodness you are alert! I hope you taught her a very good lesson!

Pepper, I love phlox!!

Well, my throat is officially sore and the brain a bit slow. I'm fighting to keep on top of it!
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2011
12:50 PM

Post #8362904

we are once again getting blasted with cold temps! Ice & snow too.. it's only a high os 15 right now & going to go down to 8 tonight!! This is NOT normal for Texas even in Feb... already we've broken 2 records last set 20 yrs ago!!!! We do get ice at this time of year but usually it's just one major storm not lasting a whole week or so. Hubby had last week off..Tues. to Fri as his work was closed every day!!! They are closed today but hubby is on his way to Philly for a business meeting & won't be back till Sunday...it's colder here than in PA!!!!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 9, 2011
3:58 PM

Post #8363196

Tonight will be down to -7* @real like -6*...

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM CST THURSDAY... ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS CANCELLED...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SPRINGFIELD HAS CANCELLED THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY. A WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM CST THURSDAY.

* SHORT TERM TRENDS...VERY LIGHT SNOW OR FLURRIES WILL BE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON.

* WIND CHILL VALUES...WIND CHILL VALUES WILL RANGE FROM -5 TO -15 DEGREES LATE TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...FROST BITE COULD OCCUR ON EXPOSED SKIN DUE WITH TONIGHTS BITTERLY COLD TEMPERATURES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE LOW WIND CHILLS. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUTDOORS...MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 9, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8363331

Wind Chill Advisory here and temps tonight will get below zero. Wind Chills could get to -25. Today was cold, highs in the mid to high teens and sunny. Got 2-3 inches of snow last night and roads were slick this morning.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 10, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8363996

Sunny -6°
RealFeel® -16°

Brrr! It's so chilly!! As yesterday, I did shovel my driveway twice in morning and afternoon don't want up to a foot again!

I feed the birds and there is alot of red-wing black birds, black birds, chickadees, doves, and cardinals, too! All trying to keep warm around my central heating...

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 10, 2011
6:29 AM

Post #8364074

Rusty that was cold!
Pepper, lovely blooms!
SallyBP, good news on the babies weight!
Stay warm everyone!
We're having some warm days, 50F and sunny!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2011
10:49 AM

Post #8364534

They had changed our forecast from 3-6" to 8-11", we got 5 1/2" Kept me home Wed and Thurs, will be going to back to work tomorrow I'm sure.

Rusty how much snow did you end up with? Fayetteville got 2 feet!

We're at 23* right now at 12:45pm but it's bright and sunny! The snow looks like a bunch of white glitter. It's so pretty but creates such a mess!

Dave fixed our internet!! He went up on the roof where the dish is and found 2 ground wires that had the rubber coating that goes over the wires stripped 2" from the end and exposed, of course they were rusted, so he took sandpaper and got the rust off, it came on immediately. Then the snow knocked it out again but we're getting some good melting going on so it's back working again!! I feel like I've been cut off form the universe for a year! LOL

Adina glad you're getting that warm up!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 10, 2011
1:39 PM

Post #8364842

[quote="crissyr"]

Rusty how much snow did you end up with? [/quote]

I think about 6 inches...
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 10, 2011
5:19 PM

Post #8365204

Hard to believe all the snow down there!
We have finally broken the cycle I think.
It was 6° here this morning.
11 Forecast for tomorrow morning.
Well I hate to follow long range forecasts but...
they are calling for mid-UPPER 50's by late next week.
Plus after Sunday no lows below freezing.
Winter ain't broke... but it's bending.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 10, 2011
6:17 PM

Post #8365317

My forcast is pretty much same as Ric's except it was colder this morning. We did reach 24 for a high though. I thought it would feel like summer after all the below zero temps but it was still cold!! LOL. Forcast also calling for 50s starting this weekend. Bring it on!!! I want warm temps for the holiday weekend.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2011
3:33 AM

Post #8365796

14°with a high of 30°
Snow flurries or snow showers. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.

I'm still trying to stay on top of this sinus.

Our weather was just cold with sunshine and I stayed in bed for the most of it, trying to not get sicker. If I got rid of the headaches I'd be a lot better. We have to get the boys today.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 11, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8365959

Warming!
Cloudy.
16º

Got most of the big kitchen in.

Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8366215

Are you leaving the wall space like that or will you be putting some sort of tile or stain resistant surface there? Beautiful cabinets!!!!!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8366361

6" is definitely plenty, and driving to work was a very slow icy mucky mess, I just got here at 10:45!

Those are nice cabinets!!

It's supposed to get up to 44* today, and by Sunday supposed to be up to 65, sunny every day so that will help melt the ice and snow and get it gone!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 11, 2011
10:01 AM

Post #8366431

They are ¼ sawn oak. Cambria countertops going on. Not sure on backsplash.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2011
10:50 AM

Post #8366496

Be sure to show us the finished project. I will have to research the word Cambria. Not sure what that is. I want new counters but don't want granite. I have to decide on the product and also the backsplash.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 11, 2011
5:14 PM

Post #8367116

Cabinets look great Bernie!!

Got up to 41 today and it felt gooood!!! Sun was shining, breeze was mild and it just felt nice after the deep freeze.

Thumbnail by pepper23

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2011
7:25 AM

Post #8367846

We're sunny and supposed to get up to 52* today!! Woo Hoooo!!
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2011
7:29 AM

Post #8367854

I hear you clear over here in Nashville. I am shouting too. Can't wait to get out in the yard to pick up sticks and just soak up some vitamin D.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2011
7:36 AM

Post #8367873

Looks like our weather is going to be a bit warmer than projected.
Hourly forecast had shown the 10AM temp to be 34° w/ clouds.
It's now 38° and Sunny. That was supposed to be the High.
Wu and Emmit are out sleeping in the Sun.
10 forecast shows mid 40's-50's w/ no temps, after tonight, under freezing.
In fact a few night will be in the mid 40's!!!!!
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2011
8:29 AM

Post #8367988

28°F and windy with snow squalls and an occasional peek of sunshine. Warm-up starts tomorrow! It will be good to melt some of this snow.

Beautiful work Bernie!

My big homemade picnic shelter style bird-feeder easily holds a 50 pound bag of sunflower seeds and the birds are taking advantage of it today. There are too many cardinals to count! I caught a few of them in this photo.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 12, 2011
8:30 AM

Post #8367989

Sun is coming out! Warming up! WOW!

Here is the website for Cambria.
They are our neighbors. The family started the company about 60 miles north of us near
Le Sueur, MN. Cambria is a quartz product. Equal & better than granite. Cambria is ok for commercial kitchens, granite is not. No need to seal Cambria.

http://www.cambriausa.com/discover.cfm/benefits

We are going to paint at the store today. (I hate painting, wish it was done.)

Bernie
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2011
8:55 AM

Post #8368031

That is exactly what I want, Bernie. Thank you. I had been told that granite is beautiful but that it will stain. No stains for me! I knew there had to be something better. Thanks Bernie and good luck on the painting. We hate painting too. The living room is almost finished with the painting. Floors are now refinished and I am going to wait a little longer before putting the furniture back so it can harden sufficiently. I have furniture strung out all over the house. I will be glad to get it all back n place. The oriental rug is still at the cleaners. They are holding it for me since I don't want it back in place just yet. I don't want the stick to the floor..

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 12, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8368713

I am beat ! Painted all afternoon. Took out an old furnace that is no longer used. Put all the junk on the curb with a free sign. It was gone in 40 minutes. Beats taking it to the dump.
Going to start putting in some walls tomorrow. Also a bunch of ceiling tile need to be cut for around electric cables & heat vents.
High about 36º.

Lots of melting today. Hopefully it will melt slowly to avoid flooding. So much snow that the ground is not froze, so water will soak in.

Bernie
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 12, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8368789

High of 46 and SUNNY today!! Had a light breeze around 10-12 mph that cooled the temps a bit but it still felt nice. Several coworkers who hadn't been outside for awhile today were amazed when they came back inside. They didn't want to come back in. lol

Sunny flower that represents the sun today.

Thumbnail by pepper23

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8368919

Same 46° here too Pep!
But our breeze died down by noon.46
We were only supposed to hit 38°.

Tomorrow is forecast for 51°.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2011
6:18 AM

Post #8369481

Good morning! Cambria is beautiful!

We're sunny with the projected high to be 67*! YES!!

LOL I think I'm going to spend the day outside, don't know what I'm going to do as it's still too early to plant anything, but I'll think of something I'm sure.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 13, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8369510

They charge the same per SQ ft regardless of color. Unlike granite that can get very spendy. One lady told me a color she liked, (Granite), was $400.00 per SQ FT. Must come from some mountain top somewhere! LOL!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8369743

A mountain top in Beverly Hills!

We're up to 51° already at noon.
5° higher than the projected high!!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2011
9:53 AM

Post #8369793

It's 44*, yes it is!! The whole week it will be in the 40's! We are going to melt/flood from the snow in the yard.

Bernie, those are beautiful cabinets!

Elena, I've been picking up sticks all winter and will still have sticks after the snow melts, LOL!

Early, never met a cardinal I didn't like. Thay are so pretty! I'd love to see your feeder! I buy 50# at a time.

Bernie, I love to make free piles :o)

Pepper, love the "sun" flower! Welcome sight indeed!

Well, I really need to get outside into the fresh air. I haven't had much of that lately.

Have a great day everyone!
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2011
10:35 AM

Post #8369855

When you have lots of trees, it is a constant thing picking up sticks. Love my trees so I will just keep picking up sticks and be happy about it.
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2011
11:32 AM

Post #8369944

our temps are in the 60's now with them rising during the week..we are to get to 68 today! OH MY! I hope this is a good sign for all of us though I do feel for you folks in the northeast that are predicted for more snow!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2011
4:39 PM

Post #8370415

Got close to 60 today!! It was so nice I just wore a hoody to the Lawn and Garden Show today.

I didn't take my camera with me today because it's a bigger camera and would have gotten in my way with all the stuff I brought home. LOL. I got an orchid; Milt. Up Country Puna 'Keaau Star', some summer sausage and 2 boxes of tulips, daffs and hopefully a few muscari unless my friend took that box. We got our boxes mixed up today. lol. By the end of the day our arms were hurting and we high tailed it outta there!! We got to see Reed Timmer and the Dominator. He was really nice and we loved the car!! It's actually a converted Chevy Tahoe with the Rhino Spray on it. Really cool looking.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8370460

Pep once again our weather matched.
Our High was 59°. 17° above Normal.

The Patio Pond is thawing out.
The Goldfish came up to a hole I drilled to check out the world.
They look fat and happy!
The fish in the Main Pond are starting to move around a bit more and looking for food.

Tuned up the Taco and changed the oil.
The truck is ready for Spring.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8370606

It's 43° here now--our high for the day. I think we've turned the corner! It's starting to melt!

Ric...glad the fish made it. Trapped beneath the surface like miners, giving up all hope, then a hole magically appears! One says "Hey, we're getting out of here!" Another one says "Uhhhhh Fred, that's NOT such a good idea."

Elena...I have River Birch trees here. There are so many branches down in the springtime it's like walking through a thicket.

Bernie...that counter-top is nice stuff! I put piles out by the street too. It disappears like magic!

It was sunny here this morning but cloudy and gray this afternoon. I happened to be out and about around dusk and was rewarded with this unexpected sunset.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 14, 2011
3:09 AM

Post #8370878

ROTFL e_b!

Woke up to 50°!
WOW!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2011
4:12 AM

Post #8370941

37° with a high of 38°
Blustery...colder. Cloudy in the morning then clearing. High in the upper 30s. Northwest wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.

Elena, nothing feels better than the stretch you get picking up sticks :o)

Cindylove, this is about the perfect weather! Enjoy it!

Pepper, did you get your new camera? Aw, you got your orchid :o) Smiling over the mixed up boxes. It sounds like you had a great day!

Ric, sounds like you are on top of everything, and it sure sounds like Spring is around the corner.

Early, we also had 43* and it was beautiful! Light jacket, boots, and we moved some snow away from the garage. We're melting too!

ROTFL over the fish and the get-away!

Sunsets don't get much prettier than that, sigh.

Our wind started last night and is still going strong. I don't think it's going to be as nice out today :o(
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2011
7:17 AM

Post #8371286

We were windy yesterday too, but it got up to 67*!! Woo Hoo!! AND my tulips and daffodils are starting to come up!!

That is a gorgeous sunset!!

I cleaned up the flowerbed in front of the house yesterday, rode our 4-wheeler for a little while (that thing is fun!) and celebrated Valentine's Day with Dave last night. We boycotted Applebee's in Benton, AR about a year ago because of poor service and crappy food. My mom and step-dad sent us a $50.00 Applebee's gift card for Christmas so instead of driving all the way to Hot Springs we decided we would use that and endure the Benton Applebee's one last time. Turns out they have a new manager who has completely turned the restaurant around and we had the best Applebee's experience we have ever had, and plan on going back! I'm going to email whoever I need to email at corporate and give that manager a thumbs up! We talked to him for a minute, he's young and has no problem helping out with whatever needs to be done, he was busing tables, helping waitresses carry food out, helping take orders, you name it! Then we came home and opened our cards and chocolates and long stem strawberries MMMMMMM

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 14, 2011
10:24 AM

Post #8371633

Our snow is disappearing! Contrary to the weather liars, we are not having a big flood. Everyone, except the liars, figured the water would soak right in because the snow insulated the ground & it did not freeze. Lots of snow gone yesterday & overnight. 48º & windy will do that.
Overcast today, 37º no wind.
A Blue Jay was taking a bath in our bird bath.

Going to town in a few minutes. SIL gave me money to pick up flowers he ordered for my DD. Her & DW went to visit MIL at nursing home & then on to Mankato to finish paperwork on their new car. Well actually used. 2007 Chevy Impala.
The flowers will be here when they get back. I suppose I should get some for wife also.

Later,
Bernie
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2011

Post #8372502

Speaking of flowers, I spent all day in the flower shop at work. lol. Got called in and worked several hours. Things had slowed down a little when I left but was expected to get busy again around 5pm when people got off work. Spent most of my time doing balloons and putting potted tulips and hyanciths on a table but managed to get one arrangement made. It sold in 5 minutes. LOL.

Weather was gorgeous today with temps around 60 and sunny. Of course I was stuck inside but all for a good cause. LOL.

BP, no new camera yet. I need to get cracking on that. I still can't download pics though. I updated software hoping that would help but hasn't so far. It may require my computer man coming over here in person. In which case I better clean my desk!! LOL

A white unknown weed. Or maybe I know but just forgot. lol.

Thumbnail by pepper23

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8372878

30°with a high of 44°
Cloudy skies. A few sprinkles possible. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph.

Chrissy, I'd say you had the perfect Valentine's Day :o)

Bernie, same story here. There isn't a lot of water in our snow either.

Smiling, what flowers did you chose for the wife?

Pepper, good job! I should know that bloom!!

Yep, Spring is on it's way and you'll want your camera! I hope your computer guy can figure out the problem with downloading. That's frustrating!

We have another ''warm'' day ahead. I have pots soaking in the tub so I can sow a few hard to start seeds later. I'd like to get some ''Magpie'' Columbines started.

I hung clothes out yesterday, in my boots, in the snow :o) They mostly dried.

At 5* below zero the other day, we had a robin.

Thumbnail by billyporter

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2011
6:43 AM

Post #8373092

I worked, inside of course, all day but got out at lunch, I think our high was 70* and more of the same today!! Woo HOOO!!!!

That is frustrating! I'm going to go through some pics on my camera right now!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2011
5:09 PM

Post #8374080

High of mid 50s and drab all day. Some sprinkles here and there.

Our snow is more on the dry side too for the most part. No flooding, just some big puddles in some areas. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 15, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8374204

We are getting more Black Vultures here.
They are smaller and more aggressive than the Turkey's.
But neither winter here.
Today the TV flock by the shop is back and the roost is in business.
I saw about a dozen spiraling up as I was going home.
At work they are usually only 50' or so off the ground so we get a great view of them.
I'll have to dig around and find my pictures.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2011
4:20 AM

Post #8374614

37° with a high of 52°
Cloudy. A few sprinkles possible late. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

Crissy, I love that first 70* day!

Pepper, I love Heleniums! My neighbor had pretty ones, but when I priced them, I decided to just look at hers. I did buy seed and grew about what you have. I'm happy with them!

Our day was drab too. I wish it would have rained.

Ric, we've already had roadkill, so it's a good thing they're coming back already, LOL! I'm not sure we have any yet. We do see a lot of eagles! A few years ago, that was rare around here.

Yeah, I'd like to see what your's look like again. Ours see you stop to get a picture and they take off. Dang their good eyesight! LOL!

Today is our warmest day and then we get cold again. It sure has been a nice break in the weather!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2011
7:17 AM

Post #8374921

It's going to be 73* today!!! We're overcast tho, and humid, same with tomorrow! There's storms in Central CA so we'll have to wait and see what that's going to bring to the central US.

We have lots of Turkey Vultures, hawks, and hoot owls.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2011
5:28 PM

Post #8376026

We had pea soup fog this morning. It didn't go away til afternoon either. Then the sun came out for a bit and the winds kicked up. Temps around mid 50s.

Tomorrow we hit 70 with fog in the morning then hopefully sunshine!!

What's up Doc?!

Thumbnail by pepper23

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 16, 2011

Post #8376041

We broke the old record of 66° by 3°.
69° and the forecast says the same tomorrow.
Though they said today would be 60° so...

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2011
3:08 AM

Post #8376492

52° with a high of 58°
Areas of patchy fog early. Showers early, then cloudy in the afternoon. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Moon bright! Miss Dyson.

Chrissy, that's basking weather!

Pepper, we had fog, not pea soup, but at the edge of town and it didn't go away at all. It thinned, but by 5:00 pm or so, still there.

He's got his eye on you :o)

Ric, I know my warm weather will come, till then, sigh...

I wish we had some decent weather to take pictures. It's all colorless out there.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 17, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8376750

It is basking weather, too bad I'm stuck inside this office!! We're going to have the same weather today but I think it's supposed to get windy.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 17, 2011
9:36 AM

Post #8377101

Great pics guys! It's raining and 40F today. I hope we don't suffer from the solar explosion. Nothing here so far.
Some datura from last summer.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2011
5:29 PM

Post #8377970

Once again we set a record High.
68° when I got home.
If you look at the record highs here for February a big % are only 10/15 years or so old.
The record lows are mostly from the 60's...

Tomorrow we should see some rain and temps around 65°.
Still 20° above Normal.

Temps forecast thru the end of the month show a few dips but mostly will be above normal.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 17, 2011
5:37 PM

Post #8377988

It is warm outside today!! Sunny and very windy for most of the day but the winds finally died down. Highs were in the mid 70s. I wanted to work outside today but of course was stuck inside. lol

My dad cut down a dead tree in our yard tonight and had me freaking out. I had a clematis, one with small yellow bell shaped flowers, growing on it and I wanted to make sure he didn't kill it. He didn't, the tree went down the other way, but he then told me he planned on burning the stump. I told him to wait til spring so I could dig it up and move it. lol. He hates that I'm making him wait for the fun part. LOL

Here's the tree he took down. The one limbed wonder. lol. Woodpeckers started attacking it this winter and it got a red tint to it so we knew it was time.

Thumbnail by pepper23

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8378006

Pep we had one of those taken down a few years ago.
It overhung our fence and was so weak the guy couldn't climb it.
He had to repel down from another tree and hang there to cut it up.

Windy here too but calming down slowly.
It was a serious chore driving home tonight.

I'm off tomorrow!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 17, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8378015

We used to use this tree to hang deer off of and anything else we needed to jack up out of the trucks. Perfect location and it was strong enough to handle it. Bad thing about that tree is just about everybody comes close it hitting it. I'm gonna try to convince my dad to let me plant 'Jane' Magnolia in that general area though. I don't think it will fly but gonna try. LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8379752

Well it was 66° here today and sunny.
Very little wind... nice to get a sunburn in February!!
The HT is drained and tomorrow I'll have to get deeper into the guts of it unfortunately.
Pump is seized up. Hopefully it's just clogged and not burned out.

We started the yard cleanup.
All the grasses are cut down, Sedum and other perennials too.
Dog Bombs located and deactivated.
Leaves pulled from the ponds and all the pumps and filters back in action.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2011

Post #8379762

Another nice day today.. Last one for awhile. Rain and cooler temps moving in tomorrow.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2011
3:57 AM

Post #8381880

3:00 am thunder, 3:30 am, cat wants me to get up, 4:00am, I get up, but only so I don't miss any of the rain. 4:30 am one more bit of thunder, ahhh.

34° with a high of 51°
Thunderstorms likely. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Adina, I almost forgot we had solar flares. I don't think any problems here either.

Ric, we were just talking about the lows in February. I'll have to look up past records for us.

Pepper, smiling over freaking out and sorry about having to lose the tree. It served you well over the years. Also a big smile over making your Dad wait!

Our snow is almost gone, it's raining, my tomato seeds came yesterday and I am so happy to see winter on it's way OUT!.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 20, 2011
5:53 AM

Post #8382002

Yeah tomato seeds! I have tulips popping up and daffodils are getting big, I found crocus blooming this morning when I opened the blinds in my bedroom, so spring is definitely on the way! We were 75* yesterday, supposed to be the same today, no rain in the forecast until tomorrow! WooHoo!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 20, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8382226

Snow started sometime between 4 AM & 7:30 AM.
It is now coming down sideways. East wind. Probably 4" to 5" of snow so far. Going for up to 20". Should be lots of fun.
Thunder & lightning, some very close, cloud to ground.

Pretty well done remodeling at the store. I put up some shelves Friday & Saturday. We have two trailer loads of totes there so far. Trailer is enclosed 8 x 12.
Now to start unpacking, labeling & pricing things.
DW & DD are going to do most of that. Some items will need cleaning also.
I need to build a desk & book shelf.

Fireplace was to be installed tomorrow. That will be put off a few days now.
I will sand the varnish today & then the final coat of varnish will go on.

Bernie
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 20, 2011
7:38 AM

Post #8382241

Where are you getting your merchandise? How do you decide on prices? Are you going to have booths for other people to sell also? Sounds like you are really moving on with things. Pictures, pictures, pictures, please.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8382317

Best of luck to you, Bernie. I know a business is hard to get going but you'll do very well, I think. I always wondered those things, too. The Qs Elena asked...

It's snowing here now. Temps are warming and above freezing so we should have most of it gone by tomtorrow.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 20, 2011
8:55 AM

Post #8382342

I think it all started in about 1995. I like to attend auctions. This was before E-Bay screwed up the antique market. Before E-Bay you could buy things reasonable at live auctions. Now everybody is going to make a fortune on E-Bay so they bid way to much at live auctions. There are so many E-Bayer's, there isn't enough stuff for all of them. I watch one lady that will outbid anybody on anything at an auction. From what she pays & what she sells for, fortune isn't being made!

Back to my history.
We started doing Antique shows to sell some of our things. This went very well for a number of years. Then things started going in the tank. Fewer customers, all wanting flea market kind of prices. Then the shows started disappearing.
In 1999, I bought a trailer house used. I parked it behind our one stall garage & connected it. Gutted the trailer house. Made the whole thing into an antique shop. We are 1 mile off of a major highway. I had a sign there. On weekends I would put out portable signs ½ mile from each corner. We had lots of traffic. Sold to people from Washington state to Paris, France. Then the state did it's thing & got greedy. Can't have those signs, somebody may hit them & get killed. For X number of $, you can put up our signs. They are legal! But with all kinds of rules including hours you had to be open!

Then Raccoons broke in & destroyed the trailer ceiling.

We packed everything in totes & stored it.
My step niece bought this building in a neighboring town for her & her hubbies businesses. She has a western store. He has a small sport shop & an archery range.
A small store was included in there purchase. She had it for rent. I stopped by to see their stores & noticed the sign. Got me thinking. So now we will have a store.

It's not big enough to rent out space. I have time to go antique hunting, so back to auctions or whatever.
Before I bought things in Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska & Missouri. I also bought privately if I could. Some estate sales work out at times. Usually they are priced at full retail.

My big items are depression glass & hand painted plates. Also have huge assortment of cups & saucers. Fenton & carnival glass, or any collectible glass are also in my assortment.

Hopefully things will go good at the shop. It has a major highway going right in front of it. Nice wide street with lots of room to park. Other small shops on this street, too.

Bernie
This is one of the last shows we did.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 20, 2011

Post #8383195

Very warm with temps reaching 70 today and breaking the record high. Also very windy with gusts up to 45 mph and wind advisories out.

Bernie, sounds like your shop will be a sucess. It can't be anything else with you and your family running it!!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 20, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8383249

Wasn't really that impressed w/ the 4 person tub.
So after researching some more and talking to some people I'm going to try to repair the HT.
There's really not much to them and I have the plumbing knowledge and most of the tools.
The tub itself still in fairly good shape and we of course already have it installed and the enclosure built.
We'll be getting and installing a new pump first.
I have to test the air blower and maybe replace that but they are relatively cheap.
We'll see how it goes.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 20, 2011
6:17 PM

Post #8383281

Raining like crazy now. Lost satilite so no Undercover Boss for awhile. Darn it!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2011
6:15 AM

Post #8383848

Still 34° with a high of 37°
Through 10am: Rain, mixing with and changing to snow by 8am.
Cloudy with temperatures steady near 35F.
Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of precip 80%.
Snowfall of less than half an inch through 10:00am.

Oh Chrissy! That sounds wonderful!

Oh Bernie, that sounds terrible! You really put a lot of work into the shop in a short amount of time. I'll bet your wife and DD are excited to get things labeled and set out!

People can really get off in the deep end when antiquing. And there re those few who do ruin the idea of it for everyone.

I think opportunity knocked at just the right time and for the right people :o)

If people recognize you from the Farmer's Market, I think you will at least have people in to see what's going on.

What lovely tables of glass!

Much luck to all of you!

Ric, you'll be tubbing in n o time!

Pepper, dang!

Where does 4:30 in the morning go? I should have gotten up at 3:00 since I've been waking up then anyway.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2011
5:03 PM

Post #8385194

30 degree drop in temps overnight. Went from 70 to mid 30s for a high today. It still felt good. lol. Bad thing is the rain didn't anything for my truck. It's still covered in muck. Might as well have never rained for all the difference I could tell. Maybe I should park in the grass. Hmmmm... LOL

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 21, 2011
7:38 PM

Post #8385512

Finally quit snowing. We got about 12". Some places got up to 20". South of us was lots of freezing rain, turned top ice when it hit. Lots of broken limbs & trees.

Lots of completely stupid people were out on the roads. 6 State Troopers were hit as they were helping people in ditches, etc. 3 ended up in hospitals. They interviewed one that escaped injury. He said road was glare ice & cars should have been driving slow. One that hit him was doing the speed limit, 65MPH.
A lot is troopers own fault, as they don't stop speeders on dry roads. From here to Mankato is 4 lane with 65 mph limit. Every time you are on there, you will get passed by a dozen cars doing 80 or so. That's in only 30 miles. Even semi trucks go better than 70.
Maybe if they were arresting people in dry weather, they would think when it's bad conditions.

The Ohio forum said the same thing, dumb drivers all over the place!

I stayed home from 6 PM Saturday until maybe tomorrow morning. Hey, it didn't kill me!
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2011
8:50 PM

Post #8385612

You probably needed the rest. I have a feeling that you are out there working all the time. Maybe it took really bad driving conditions to make you rest a bit. Enjoy the break.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
4:01 AM

Post #8385801

28° with a high of 35°
Cloudy early with peeks of sunshine expected late. High near 35F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Some clouds. Low 26F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Pepper, my mantra is, "it's still February and it will be over soon!"
Grass, hmmm.

Bernie, good for you staying home. I'll never understand why people can't drive safely. Do they like banging up their car or dying?

Well, we have names on the twins now.

Callen Richard and Carly Anne.

I'm not even sure that's how they are spelled. I don't know where all these ''Jaden, Kaden, and Callen'' names are coming from. One day there are just a bunch of them named that, LOL!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 22, 2011
6:39 AM

Post #8386096

I may stay home again today. No plow by here yet. I am many years past taking off on unplowed roads.
We have the fireplace thing to deliver & set up. Might do it today or tomorrow for sure. See what roads are like later.
Sun is out today, 6º.
Yes, it is still winter in good old MN.

Anybody watch Home Hunters International last night on HGTV ? The couple buying a house in Costa Rica are from Madelia. I don't know them, but do know the gals X BIL.

There was an article in our paper last fall about it.

Lots of MN people have winter homes in the warm climates. Snow birds they are called.

About time to head out to the shop. I started a hutch yesterday. Need to take clamps off.
This one has a wine glass shelf, so need to make that.

Bernie
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8386104

That's interesting about the antiques! I love antique shopping in the antique malls, even when I'm not looking for antiques!

It rained yesterday a little bit, just enough to get things wet, and I think the high was 70, or 74, or something like that. Today is supposed to be sunny and 59.

Wow, a foot of snow! You know, it seems like when it rains or snows or anything else all the idiots come out. I won't drive in snow or ice, not because I can't handle it, but because there are so many other idiots on the roads I don't want to put myself in their way! Let them crash each other and keep me out of it. Our speed limit here is 70mph and I love it, you can actually get somewhere...when it's not icing or snowing. It's always safer to go the speed of the traffic no matter how fast or slow it is. I don't think that stopping speeders on dry roads will help, they're still idiots and they'll still go faster than they should. Like Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
6:46 AM

Post #8386107

OMG Bernie! I love that show and I didn't see it last night, poo. That's cool that you know of her, that never happens!
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2011
9:49 AM

Post #8386458

Yep, I saw that show last night. It really blows my mind the way folks can travel that far to just have a vacation home. I guess that folks with lots of money think differently from those of us who aren't wealthy. I just can't see how you would be able to get there often enough to justify all of the hassle. I would personally much rather go to many different places in the world than to the same place all the time if I did have the money to do so. Guess I am just looking at it from an ordinary person's viewpoint, huh?
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2011
5:19 PM

Post #8387172

Coolish but sunny today. Highs in the mid 40s. Not bad at all. Dropping back into the high 20s, early 30s tonight.

I still can't download pics onto the computer. Tried using card reader but my card doesn't even fit even though it's a 15 in 1. So gotta email computer guy again. In fact gonna do that as soon as I post so I don't forget!! lol
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2011
6:58 AM

Post #8387988

Highs in the mid 50's with light rain today. ppttthhh

I would rather see many places too, but there's pro's and con's to both situations. A lot of times they rent out those vacation homes as a vacation home and make a profit. They just schedule themselves like they would schedule anyone else on the calendar. If I had the money to buy a vacation condo somewhere so I could make some money off of it.

Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8388134

I had friends who did that in the Smokey Mountains with a chalet. It wore them out trying to to take care of it from out of town. It was too costly having it dared for by a local agency and they finally gave it up as a venture that wasn't paying for itself whatsoever. If a person has someone in an area they could depend on to care for a place, that would profit them to do something like that but if not, it can be something that is not the least bit cost effective.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2011
6:28 PM

Post #8389197

Chilly, only in the 40s and mostly cloudy. Now down to 40 and Dyson Dark.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2011
7:04 AM

Post #8389949

I'm busy busy today, we're having a class and I'm going to be assisting. It's going to be 73* today and a 7 out of 10 chance of a tornados and I'm not happy about that! LOL
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2011
5:33 PM

Post #8391001

Well, you could be dealing with sleet and snow!! LOL!! The sleet was beating up everyone who stepped outside today. Everytime it hit bare skin it hurt! lol. Wind was whipping pretty good today too. YOu couldn't tell just looking outside though. We were able to tell at work by watching people's pants move. It was blowing pretty hard!! We are finally dealing with snow. Sleet has moved out for now.

Tomorrow night we are supposed to get more snow. Sunday, rain and Monday either rain or snow.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2011
3:37 AM

Post #8391493

29° with a high of 28°
Cloudy skies with a few snow showers this afternoon. High 28F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

We have a few inches of snow on the ground.

I finally had to go to the Dr.
I couldn't get rid of the headache or the cough.
Well, I guess when you throw bronchaitis on top of sinus, you aren't going to fight it with fruit. Thank goodness she put me on Prednesone. It's made a huge difference over night.

My Grandkids, SIL and I all went down! The boys are back to school now since they went to the Dr. earlier. SIL ended up with pnemonia. One child in pre-school had influenza A and luckily my Grandkids were home during that. In public school, 70 kids were out. February is going out with a vengence!
Oh, what a beautiful sunset!! It's been nothing but cloudy foggyish days here. No color.

I read all and will just say stay in, stay warm, stay healthy :o)
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

February 25, 2011
1:24 PM

Post #8392470

Yeah, the sleet and snow here has been NASTY! Altho, they said it'll ALL be gone by Sunday evening, that'd be nice, but I'll believe it when I see it! lol The ground now is completely covered in white!
In this photo, the birds are having some food. And Grubworm the cat is watching with interest as usual! That was BEFORE the ground got covered with snow yesterday.
I'm glad to see you're feeling better, billyp.

This message was edited Feb 26, 2011 12:13 AM

Thumbnail by shortleaf

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 25, 2011
5:14 PM

Post #8392899

Roads are still pretty bad around here. Even the highways are bad. I stuck with gravel roads going to work and had no trouble going in. My dad and I were actually out around 6am because we didn't know if the FFA Business Person's Breakfast had been cancelled or not and we had no problems. But the blacktop roads are slicker than snot even now.

Stayed below freezing today, lots of ice and snow around. Got about 3 inches here at home. More snow coming in overnight, less than an inch. Sunday we will see 58 for a high with strong thunderstorms.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 25, 2011
7:27 PM

Post #8393122

Gotta LOVE a cat named Grubworm! lol!

Rain ended before daybreak to be replaced by snow.
Nothing stuck.
50° tomorrow
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

February 25, 2011
10:12 PM

Post #8393283

Haha! Her real name is Marina, but I call her Grubworm because she looks like a Grubworm. She is my friend's cat, she is Marina to my friend and alot of the time she calls her Grubworm too.
I have re-named several of her cats. Another cat of hers she calls India and I call Stuart, because she looks like Stuart Little! Another cat of hers I affectionately call Hereford because she has the patterns on her fur of a Hereford cow, its better than Skittles! lol Here is Hereford in the photo -

Thumbnail by shortleaf

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
3:54 AM

Post #8393384

19° with a high of 29°
Intermittent snow showers, especially early. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 40%.

I woke up to more snow. The driveway, which was cleared and all melted off yesterday now has a couple of inches on it.

I see I had a tail-end of another weather post added to the bottom of my last post. There are no sunset pictures here, LOL!

Thanks Will, I am at least on my feet thanks to the steroids :o)

Grubworm is very intent on watching cat TV! Has he learned not to bang into the window from trying to catch a bird that flys towards him? Our cars still do sometimes!

I call my cats other names too, LOL!

Pepper, did you and Dad get breakfast?

Ric, I'd take some of that 50* weather! We are so close to March...

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
5:45 AM

Post #8393488

Pep, I'd much rather deal with sleet and snow rather than tornados. LOL Grubworm! What a sweetie!

It's supposed to be 62* today and sunny. Woo Hoooo!!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8393494

OOPS! It's 62 right now, supposed to be 71* today. Perfect!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
6:23 AM

Post #8393572

Chrissy, I'll second that on tornados. I'm not looking forward to seeing what we face this year. The weather seems to be getting stronger all the time now.

71*. I am so jealous!!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2011
7:37 AM

Post #8393734

Mooooo!!!!!! ;-)

Saw video footage of the tornado in CA.
Here we would call that a Tornetto... more like a finger than a cone.

We had some T-and-L two nights ago.
Rare in February... most T-Storms start in late March here.
Temps for the upcoming week are supposed to be at least 10° higher than the Normal 48° .

This message was edited Feb 26, 2011 11:38 AM
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2011
5:49 PM

Post #8394566

Didn't get breakfast. School was out and when we got there no one was there. It's rescheduled for Monday so we are going then.

Got freezing rain last night instead of snow. Totally not expected and early this morning roads were a mess!! Wrecks everywhere and even some highways shut down in some spots. My newspaper guy got stuck on my road after sticking the paper in the box. Ended up making a hole in the road and had to call tow truck. If my dad had his big truck here he would have gone and pulled him out but it's all nice and cozy in it's barn. lol

We have more freezing drizzle coming overnight and in the morning along with pea soup fog. Then tomorrow night and Monday we have storms coming. 50 for a high tomorrow.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 26, 2011
11:55 PM

Post #8394940

Hi everyone!
It's been cold here ad we had snow showers too all week. It's still snowing and getting colder every day. Today only 28F, but going down to 20F tonight...grrr!
SallyBP, sorry for SIL having pneumonia and grandson influenza. I hope they're better now and your DD didn't catch it from them.
Crissy, whoohoo for the 71F!!! What a thrill!
Bernie, love your antique show! Congratulations for having your own store! I'm so happy things have worked out so well for your antiques!
Shortleaf, funny about the cats! Grubworm is beautiful!
Ric, Pepper, sorry for the bad weather!
I have been gardening indoors and sowed the veggie seeds, also repotted some of the plants , especially the laurel bushes which will have to grow more before going outside. I also had to treat them for bugs.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2011
7:59 AM

Post #8395316

The 71* temps are awesome until we get severe weather along with those temps. We're expecting another large outbreak of severe weather this evening and into tonight, don't know quite sure when its' going to happen but tornadoes are the main threat, just like they were on Thursday. ppttthhh It's very still and very humid right now, the ground is wet but it's not raining.

I wanna plant something but it's still too early in the season.

I've looked back in history and the weather patterns all follow each other, it's calm for 20 years or so, then it fires up for 20 years or so, back and forth all the time.

OMG Pep that sucks for your newspaper guy, and you didn't get breakfast!! Poo!

I didn't know there was a tornado in CA? How strong was it? Usually those are very small and only strong enough to tear down a wood fence.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2011
8:52 AM

Post #8395410

32° with a high of 40°
Periods of freezing drizzle this morning. Rain showers possible this afternoon. Thunder possible. High near 40F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 40%.

We've had a look at the sun, freezing drizzle yesterday, and I'm just waiting to see what actually happens.

Ric, that thunder sounds so good! We had it earlier this month.

Pepper, well, you can look forward to breakfast all over again, LOL!
I'm pretty sure if I ever move, it won't be south. That's a mess!

Adina, thanks, since everyone is on medicine, I think all will be well. It's been a rough winter.
The plants look pretty good for being indoors!

Chrissy, at least the unsettled weather will move on as everyone warms up. Then it's into the garden!

Boy, Prednesone has sure given me a bit of pep. I'm re-cleaning the bedroom, again. I just deep cleaned it last week after I thought I was on the mend. Where did all that dust come from?? What happens when I'm not in there for another month with the dust rag?? I don't want to know!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2011
12:11 PM

Post #8395721

61° and Calm.
Rain IS though moving back into the area.
Probably more T-Storms.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2011
4:44 PM

Post #8396328

High of high 30s and drizzle and dense fog all day. Now it's raining. Had a storm roll thru earlier with some pea sized hail but now it's just a drizzle.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8397190

20° with a high of 31° The temp dropped from 26° at 5:00 am. Hmmm.

Our storm system is departing quickly to the east this morning, but it did leave behind some slick roads in southeast Iowa, and you'll want to watch for those early today. Otherwise, expect full sunshine with highs today in the middle and upper 20s. A warmer day is in store for Tuesday as a warm front passes through, boosting highs around 40. Our next chance of any precipitation looks to be on Thursday into Friday with rain or snow possible.

We had thunder that shook the house last night. It was wonderful to hear!

From the look of the map the rain swept thru most of us. Luckily our roads are't too slick. Not much scanner traffic going on.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2011
7:27 AM

Post #8397506

Good Morning! We got a thunderstorm last night at 3am but nothing severe near my area, all of the severe stuff was way north of me.

BUT we did have an earthquake last night at 11:01pm, 4.7 on the Richter Scale.
http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Magnitude-4-7-earthquake-hits-Arkansas/Lkpgb3frO0isqIzwnWi_aA.cspx

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2011
9:54 AM

Post #8397852

That is amazing! Did you feel any shaking?
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2011
11:33 AM

Post #8398048

Well, it is slowly warming up enuff (and raining) to I think melt the snow maybe by the end of the week. Oops sorry Sally, I missed something from you.. : )
She don't bang into the window much, they just sit there and make those little squeaking noises while they watch birds, you know with they're mouths all agape like they'd like to eat them! Yeah, Grubworm is a sweet cat, my friend found her outside in 2004. I remember telling my friend, "you've got to let that cat in!" Finding a Siamese -like cat outside with the blue eyes is a rarity. She may have belonged to someone but they sure weren't taking care of her. She was pregnant when she was hanging around here we learned later. We have her 2 daughters here also, they are Stuart and Slugworth. Back to Grubworm, my friend here waited several days before bringing her in the house because she really looked like she belonged to somebody, but she wouldn't leave. Thanks Adina. Here is Bo looking out at the birds and the snow. She has a stunted ear, the vet years ago said mites outside probably caused that. My friend brought her in from outside in 1998.
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2011
5:21 PM

Post #8398699

Severe storms swept thru last night. Had our power flashing several times within a few minutes. Some pea sized hail, plenty of lightning and thunder too. Some flooding happened overnight but by 4am most of it was gone though you could see where it had flooded.

Temps topped out in high 40s today with lots of sunshine bright enough to hurt your eyes. Been awhile since we've seen the sun!!

Crissy, you can keep the earthquake. lol. I'm still waiting on the big one from New Madrid.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

March 1, 2011
1:18 AM

Post #8399258

1st of March and still snowing!!!! We're celebrating "Martisor" day and I have one for the ladies here.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2011
3:23 AM

Post #8399298

23° and Dyson Dark
TODAY
Sunny. High in the mid 40s. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon.

Will, our cats do the calling too. I thinks it's cute and funny at the same time. I would have invited her in too. If they are skinny and hungry, most likely they were homeless, or wormy, or both. It's always a good feeling to take in a cat.
Poor old outdoor cats. DH builds insulated boxes for our outdoor adoptee's to sleep in. Sure saves their ears and foot pads.

Pepper, I'm liking these chaotic Spring storm less and less every year. I used to think they were exciting.

Adina, yay! Your celebrations are always so much fun! I adore the Ladybug!!!

It's March it's March it's March!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 1, 2011
8:03 PM

Post #8401513

Need a March thread!!

Very nice day today. Sunny with temps in the high 50s. It felt hot to me.

IE went down on me tonight. Don't know if it was me or if others had trouble too. Finally remembered that I have Chrome and am using it.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

March 2, 2011
5:54 AM

Post #8401918

Here's new thread for March...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1161690/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America