Charlie - thread #6 and his new brother Lucky

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Moving on to a new thread.... we came from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1134027/

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

How nice of you to provide the boys with their own plant. I'm sure they enjoy it immensely.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL Anna -- ALL the plants are now either up on high shelves or in the basement. that one in the photo got a 'major hair cut' [it was over 15' long] and is now in my room up on a shelf. that Lucky is a digger!! but then Charlie was too. so hopefully in a yr or so, i can have plants in the living room again.

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Still watching, reading and enjoying Charlie and now his "brudder".

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

me too, ♥♥
=^..^=

Seminole, OK(Zone 7a)

Me too. I just lurk here mostly but I have watched every thread with Charlie in it. Keep it coming please! Always brings a smile to my face.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Funny Pic! Looks like one cat with a head at each end !!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL Sheri -- most of the time when they are 'in a snake ball' you can't tell who is who ... their coloring is identical, and even their coats.

When Lucky gets as big as Charlie, it will be hard to tell them apart - except for the face. Plus Charlie has the "big shoes" - being a poly, where Lucky is not.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

OMG! they do look like twins lol Just had to come see if you had a picture of Lucky over here Terese I was really wanting to see what a handsome boy he is and like his name too :) When Lucky gets bigger you'll have a problem trying to chase the wrong cat down for what you saw one of them do them do LOL Should be interesting!

Mine still chew on the plants just not as much at 2 1/2 don't think they will ever get over that. My neighbor has a peace lilly and her cat is 12 yrs. old and has it in shreds she just got it about two months lol

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Lea... and yea, they really do look similar.

i had Lucky on a leash today on the patio -- sun shining brightly... and looking down at him... he looks exactly like Charlie did 2 yrs ago.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Aw ;)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Brotherly Love.... Lucky climbed aboard and was cleaning Charlie.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Awe, how sweet!!

Lyndonville, NY

I love that picture...suitable for framing!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Such good looking boys!

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

LeBug, I've heard that Peace Lillies are toxic to cats. I couldn't have one in my house since one boy cat chews and one boy cat digs. :-(

Carla

Redwood City, CA

What a precious picture! I have one litter of rescued ferals who are five years old and are still snuggle bugs with each other. It's so heartwarming to see.

Loonie1 is right, from what i've read, all lilies are very toxic for cats.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Well Tammy still has the peace lilly and the cat is still chewing on it lol He's not dead yet I told Tammy about it we'll see if she gets rid of it...

It's so sweet Terese to see them clean each other like that I just love watching them do it.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I went looking for Charlie today... he was snoozing, so i covered him to make the Ghetto Tent.

he really is a good boy....just love him to pieces. [thanks Sheri]

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

then a few hrs later, i was looking for Lucky... i entered the bedroom and saw this....

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Dh says they need to "get a room"

I think they really do love each other... though sometimes Charlie does bop Lucky on the head for no reason.

Shortly after this, they were off and running.... though I think they did sleep for a few hrs like this.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Lyndonville, NY

OH that is SO cute! Made my day much better....wish Axl got along with our crew that well. I did catch him giving Frank a bath for a few minutes...then he bit him in the ear and ran.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL Debbie... he seems like your rascal.

maybe it's because we only have 2, you have a much larger crew.

Does Miss Izzy still tolerate Alx? Bud barely tolerates Lucky, every now and then he shows teeth... Charlie does not even pay attention to Bud, but Lucky needs to rub on him, which he does not care for.

Lyndonville, NY

Oh Izzy and Axl have a serious relationship! He nurses on her...and she "grunt/growl" at him the entire time. Will finally get up and walk away like "mom, he won't leave me alone". BUT when Izzy goes outside, Axl runs to the door and screams. I have to pick him up to look out the window ...so he can see her. Or if it is nice, I carry him out on the back porch. She comes in....and he romps after her swatting her tail like "you left me!"

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

geeze, he's still nursing on her. Poor Izzy.

both cats like swatting Buds tail... Charlie doesnt do it anymore, and Lucky tries to play with his feet hair. he has really long hair on his pads. really long. Buddy does not like his feet messed with.

Reedsburg, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh Terese, I am just so happy you were able to give Charlie his forever home!! I knew God didn't put him in my garage for me but I knew he had a reason!

They are so cute together

Lyndonville, NY

Terese, the strange thing....he nurses anywhere on her, not just the belly! On her head, back, tail, feet.....and yes, her feet have long hair also. I have to trim it or she slips on the floors. The kids call it her bedroom slippers are too long. Axl shows no mercy to anyone.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh... that's almost funny... but your poor girl. could be because he was taken from his mom too soon. it was about 4-6 weeks when they were dropped off at the golf course, right? poor kittens.

Lyndonville, NY

Yes, they were only about 4 weeks...if that! I was so amazed at how tiny they were. It isn't just Izzy that gets suckled....my DD has a green fuzzy fleece blanket....he sees that and just runs for it. She finally gave up and gave it to him.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Terese, they are just adorable together!

New York, NY(Zone 6b)

All of these sweetie pies are precious. Love them all.
Thanks for the photos.

Redwood City, CA

Thanks. Fabulous pics!

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Terese, you should enter some of those pix in a contest. They are just too precious. Or make a book. :>)

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

those are the cutest pictures! It is so great that the boys love each other. Wish my kitties were like that. Mine all hate each other.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I think it makes a big difference if you bring a kitten in where you already have established adult cats. I've noticed they don't bother the kitten like they would another adult. It's more like "ohhh, a baby, no fun to beat up on it". LOL

Lyndonville, NY

Ahahaha, somebody better tell Huck that.....poor Axl. lol

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Well, that's the way it was here.......LOL

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

the chair pics are too cute of two cuties!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Debbie -- that photo above, back in March... was that Axl as a kitten!! holy cow, what a cute face. hope he's behaving....

this is for Anna...

it's the pic i was telling you about.... Little Man should be up here later today or tomorrow ... i'll get some new pics.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

They are so cute sleeping together Terese! My kittens are three years old now and I've only seen them sleep together twice and that was just here lately I never see either of them sleep with the momma cat. You are so lucky that both get along so well!

I have three generations of my kitten's family now, the kittens their momma and now I have Heidi from the trailer Sopheria's momma, her owner moved and left her here I told her I would feed her and take care of her since I have been doing it for three years now anyway since she first moved in she never fed the cats that's why Sophera came over here in the first place I think and they were never given any attention but now both get plenty but grandma Heidi doesn't come in the house she has to stay out I haven't enough room for a dog and four cats in the house lol

Heidi is so skiddish just like Sophera was when she first got here not being used to attention I can walk toward her and she just takes off running most of the time but when it's feeding time she comes right to me lol

Need to teach Heidi to stay out of my daylilies along the walk though she has mashed one daylily down completely sleeping in it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images