Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Talk: New Bees 02/02/11 friends - new and old...Come on in...

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 258, Views: 2,014
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 2, 2011
7:53 AM

Post #8344832

To the relief of the winter-weary, the world’s most famous groundhog is predicting an early spring.

Punxsutawney Phil emerged around dawn on Groundhog Day on Wednesday to make his 125th annual weather forecast in front of thousands who braved muddy, icy conditions to hear his handlers reveal that Pennsylvania’s prophetic rodent had not seen his shadow...

Let's hope Phil is right!

This is the place to chat and hang out and share with friends - new and old...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1150159/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1141449/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Click the image for an enlarged view.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 2, 2011
8:12 AM

Post #8344879

Hi Nettie, Your little carnivorous plant is definately a Venus Fly Trap. Looks cute too. I loved those flower arrangements, GREAT JOB!
We were bombarded yesterday with rain storms, and I didn't turn on the computer.
Gosh Al you keep that snow up there. Looks good right where it is!
Sandi, OH my gosh! Door handles froze! So sorry girl! Never had that to happen before.
And poor Kelly with freezing temperatures out in the hot dry dessert, man, what a winter season with the tempts all over the place. Never seen a winter like this one before. Out of 50 states 49 got snow this winter, Florida was the only state not in a blanket of snow. And one place got some dustings but just not the whole state. The 49 others were completely covered in snow at some point this season, from an inch to several feet, and this is just not normal. I am so sorry for you folks in the north that is getting all the snow and ice right now. My prayers are with you. I watch the news and it is awful. You all take care, try to stay warm and stay inside!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 2, 2011
8:30 AM

Post #8344911

Just popping in for a few to urge all my friends that are going thru that nasty weather to be careful! So sorry about the power outages. Try to stay indoors, stay warm, and remember, body heat can keep you warm, so maybe you should all just snuggle up with someone! We aren't getting any snow now, but still frigid cold, we are warming up to about 15 below, but it is supposed to seriously start getting much warmer. So glad spring will be early! Wonder if that means April or May for us? LOL!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 2, 2011
8:37 AM

Post #8344934

I personally think Phil has been talking to those weather liars. Sure doesn't feel like spring anytime soon!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 2, 2011
8:57 AM

Post #8344976

Good morning ladies. Anyone heard from Arejay and Charleen this morning? Charleen has been sick and Arejay is getting hit with snow so wondered if she still has power this morning.
This is just nasty weather for anyone!
Kelly, I can't believe how cold you guys are.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2011
9:40 AM

Post #8345048

Don't pay the ransom, I've escaped ... so to speak. Blizzard is gone, but left quite an aftermath. 14" is what Tulsa is reporting for s***. But there is ice underneath that. I haven't gone out to measure the final count here. Was 13" when it was still coming down. I went out and put hot water in the bird bath. I need to go do that and measure again.

Skating anyone?

Thumbnail by Crit

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2011
11:27 AM

Post #8345238

Actually we made out better than everybody thought. About 4" new snow, but later this morning hammered with icy sleet which was downright dangerous on the roadways. All schools were closed until Thursday, most of our kids have to walk to school in the city.

Al
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8345268

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, let's set my the fire!

Thumbnail by Crit

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 2, 2011
12:33 PM

Post #8345366

thanks mekos i thought that was what it was but just like for you to say its so, have another one started don,t know what its going to be yet pitcher plant or another vft i guess my eyes are bothering me a little but not bad hope wes is doing well and the little girl she is so pretty love hettie. also hope your dh is better.that bug is bad.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 2, 2011
1:04 PM

Post #8345424

the sun is out here today and they had school today and the seventh grade will have a basket ball game at 4 so i need to get dressed and ready to go or bill will leave me here and erin will be upset with me cause i didn,t come they expect me to come. so ill talk later love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 2, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8345745

Have fun Nettie.
I can't believe all the snow that is falling. What a winter!
I am all for sitting by the fire and staying warm. Glad you all are ok up there.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 2, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8345753

erins team won yhe game 50 to 9 they are a good little team. i enjoyed myself got out for a while. bill going to take lisa to work in the morning we are going to the city for horse feed and things and stuff he hasto watch me like a halk im like a child i put extra things in his cart. my bad i just can.y help myself love nettie,

This message was edited Feb 2, 2011 7:09 PM
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 2, 2011
5:16 PM

Post #8345793

My DH always says I put "extras" in the cart at the grocery store, hahahaha~~ Glad I'm not the only one. You go Nettie! There's nothing wrong with being like a little kid ; )
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8345875

My DH is the one that sneaks things into the cart.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 2, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8345925

LOL! Mine is the one who usually does the grocery shopping, so he doesn't have to sneak. He claims that if he puts it in the cart, it's on his mental list, and belongs in the cart, whereas, if I put anything in the cart, it wasn't on his list, lol!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2011
6:43 PM

Post #8345929

I push the cart
I put stuff in the cart
I pay for stuff in the cart
Then I cart it home
If I didn't, we wouldn't eat!

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 2, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8345941

yep, sounds like a man's job to me, lol! And don't forget, Al, you also grow the food, lol!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 2, 2011
6:57 PM

Post #8345948

Gorsh Al, your wife made a good catch!
I push the cart and DH puts all the weird stuff he wants in while I am not looking and when we check out I almost croak at the cost till we get home and I see all the junk food he gets.
I can never stay on a budget if he goes with me.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 2, 2011
8:21 PM

Post #8346073

mekos bill never grts on me about food he gets junk food for me and five dollars a bo grahn crackers i like them with nilk and he is conserned about keeping weight on me i grt all kinds of junk to est i really do try and eat every thiong he brengs home for me to eat sometimes i just can.i but i try real hard ive gained 5lbs. it will go away come spring lust a winter thing, but he doesn,t know that.

This message was edited Feb 2, 2011 10:23 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 2, 2011
8:45 PM

Post #8346113

climbing lily in rose bush.

Thumbnail by littlenettie

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 2, 2011
8:49 PM

Post #8346118

nice bright color im tirde qf looking at gray come on people we need some more color. put some on here lets go color love nettie pup picyures would be nice love nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 3, 2011
1:27 AM

Post #8346210

ok people more color

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 3, 2011
1:35 AM

Post #8346211

if you make this larger the mystery plant with the awsom leaves is the same as some one wondered what they had well that one is grown and aweom blooms every year its one of the old ones pink and white just gropws biger every year and im not putting it in the sun it just burns up in the sun. love nettie im going to bed cause if i don,t get up in the morning bill will leave mr at home that way he gets out spending money. its my money to.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8346549

It looks like a Crinum lily up there Nettie. If it is pink/white, it's name is probably Milk and Wine. I have that one too. Mine was a baby last year so it hasn't bloomed yet, hope it will this year.
I love your Gloriosa lily up there. I have that one also. One of mine looks more red and yellow and one is more orange and yellow. Gorgeous blooms. That is one of my favorites.
I got to get all the puppies together for 1 last picture of them cause Kaluah is moving out this weekend and so are the others so, I'll try later tonight. They are 3 months old and a handful.
Hard to keep them all together in one place and be still for a picture.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 3, 2011
2:55 PM

Post #8351765

thank you mekos you are wright as usual, bills aunt gave me that one its in the middle of my ateawberries i don,t care it does great where it is im noy going to move it they take forever to bloom when you mess with them and that one blooms so pretty where it is. love nettie. got me some seed today. have plentry to do me this year. i forgot we have more snow heading at us my dau called and told me thats the pits. love nettie

This message was edited Feb 3, 2011 5:01 PM

This message was edited Feb 3, 2011 5:28 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 3, 2011
3:49 PM

Post #8351872

just a little more color loca is going to ban me from posting if i don,t use some self control

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 3, 2011
3:52 PM

Post #8351884

oh just go ahead just one more.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 3, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8351887

Love your pictures nettie - we won't ban you;o)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2011
4:15 PM

Post #8351932

Think Spring...

Thumbnail by Crit

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 3, 2011
4:28 PM

Post #8351979

bill planted these when he cleaned the garden last year he pulled the plant out at the end of a fow and walked out with them in eis hand he must have hit them on smothing cause he planted alot of flowers in new plowed ground. i should let him plant more seed. he is bood with them.oh no wrong picture, this is part of a long bed on other side of garden. my bad nettie

This message was edited Feb 3, 2011 6:31 PM

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 3, 2011
4:33 PM

Post #8351989

crit that is lovely bright and spring looking thank you love nettie if you ever need anything broadcasted you just let me know ill send bill over.

This message was edited Feb 3, 2011 8:47 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 3, 2011
6:44 PM

Post #8352294

ok i found bills flowers he planted.

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 3, 2011
9:27 PM

Post #8352512

mekos got a can of small crickets to feed my older cp hope they like them thats all petco had i would like to haxe some freze dried fruit flies but you just have to take what you can find love nettie,

This message was edited Feb 3, 2011 11:49 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 4, 2011
11:54 AM

Post #8353489

good morning all we have about 4or5 in new snow dh has speni all norning going and picking up kids they can,t drive in this mess just left to pick lisa up at work hope he stays safe some of our roads are slow to cllean off and the highway dept. is slow to clean them off. what are they going yo do when we get to old for fetching kids .love nettie

This message was edited Feb 4, 2011 1:56 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 4, 2011
7:29 PM

Post #8354394

Nettie I love the flowers, so pretty and a joy to see in this weird weather. Never ban such beauties!
You just be careful going out in that snow covered roads, it is awful out there. We are just getting a wintermix of mostly rain and I'm about to float away. Had Kaylee all week and she is a handfull. She has cut 2 teeth this week and cranky but if I make it tomorrow, she will give me a little rest. I have been telling her "All ammas" for months and now she is saying it!
It didn't dawn on me she wouldn't hush it up. :-| Got to find her a bigger car seat, she is out growing her infant seat. If the rain will just stop. If not guess I'll have to get a boat and row where I need to go. Sheesh!
What happened to that season called spring? I have looked at nasty red mud ground far too long with red water floating above it. My yellow truck is now red.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2011
5:47 AM

Post #8354896

Everyone keeps saying 'Spring is just around the corner' ... I wanna know where that corner is!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by Crit

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8354939

Morning Everyone! Happy Saturday All! Time to think warm thoughts, even if they are last year's.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2011
6:20 AM

Post #8354955

Oops, here's a better one...

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 5, 2011
6:22 AM

Post #8354957

OH! Look at the link I found this morning! I love this idea, so cute! Might start one now, so I have a head start on spring!

http://www.facebook.com/l/e3545f_4RBnQq_-pQo9YkMk4Jew;web.mac.com/mitchellschoenfeld/Site/wee_garden/Entries/2007/5/27_Buckets,_boxes,_bowls,_oh_my!.html

I think it would be great inside filled with herbs and such!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 5, 2011
11:43 AM

Post #8355546

al we don,t care when they bloomed they are good to go look like warm weather to me thanks nettie.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2011
2:08 PM

Post #8355856

those were really cute skellogg. I don't think I could manage all those tiny little things ... doggies you know.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 5, 2011
2:53 PM

Post #8355935

Oh! I never thought about that Crit. Yep, I'm thinking my dogs would have a heyday with all those toys, teeheehee! Definately have to put all those in pots up somewhere and then the cat would be in them, lol! I'm trying to figure out how they keep the kids from playing with all the goodies! That wouldn't bother mine, as when our grandbabies come and visit, they are much too busy with everything else.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 5, 2011
7:26 PM

Post #8356336

the weather man is after me again i hate this mess . i didn,t ask for snow or ice at any time, wish it would just go away. and the sun would shine some.ilike to know it,s still up in the sky. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 5, 2011
9:37 PM

Post #8356532

mekos im so glad i made bill puy yhose tris back. nettie im going to bed,
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 5, 2011
10:01 PM

Post #8356546

here is a picture of that plant blooming,

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2011
7:01 AM

Post #8356905

Very pretty nettie!

Speaking of doggies. If anyone wants a good laugh, go to this thread on youtube. It is my granddaughter playing with her Rat Terrier. The funniest part is at the very end when you see the dog look over the edge and you hear this soft little 'ow'. I didn't hear it the first time, I was laughing so hard. Heard it when I replayed it for DH. Be prepared, she is a "squeeler". lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXsh6LDPoKA
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 6, 2011
1:31 PM

Post #8357536

crit that cnild has a oood set of lungs on her. girls are good with the vocal thing, love nettie,
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 6, 2011
2:09 PM

Post #8357577

iris to brighten up the day love nettie.

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 6, 2011
2:14 PM

Post #8357589

this weather would make a person crazy. been raining and the weather man would like it to snow. i hope he is up set cause he got it wrong. ha!!!!!!! nettie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2011
2:27 PM

Post #8357611

yes nettie ... she has plenty of sound. LOL

Our weather is calling for 4-10" more of s*** Tuesday/Wednesday. I sure hope they are wrong. We are just thawing out from the last one!

Threads have sure been quiet today. Guess everyone is getting ready for the SB
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 6, 2011
3:21 PM

Post #8357728

mekos i found a picture of the ground orchid. love nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 6, 2011
3:33 PM

Post #8357748

Great video Crit;o)

nettie, love the ground orchid!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 6, 2011
7:30 PM

Post #8358113

found another picture of no name beared iris pretty colors

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 6, 2011
7:54 PM

Post #8358153

mekos here is another la. iris

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 6, 2011
8:03 PM

Post #8358165

mekos must have gone to bed im conserned about rrm she has been off nearly all week hope she is not bad sick. think i need to turn in im not sleeping good don,t know why. love and hugs nettie.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 6, 2011
9:48 PM

Post #8358273

Nettie, Mekos and RRM are spending the day together! No telling what kind of trouble those 2 can get into when they get together, teeheehee! I'm sure we'll hear all about it tomorrow tho! You try to get a good night's sleep, we don't want you getting sick too. And you just tell your weatherman that if he wants to see snow that bad, he can come visit here. We have plenty! He can even take as much as he wants home for his own yard, but I'm not shoveling it for him! I'm getting tired of shoveling snow already this year! Have a good night.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2011
7:12 AM

Post #8358825

Well it's official, my wife Ellen is finally retired from school work last week. Chance to enjoy a little time off before taking on any more "projects". We're planning a three week vacation in Hawaii the first of March for a start, should be a lot warmer there. Don't worry, I'll be back in time to start the tomatoes plants at home in April. Maybe later in the summer we'll plan a hop, skip, and jump tour to visit several friends cross country. I'll keep you all informed where we are if you really want to know.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 7, 2011
3:25 PM

Post #8359717

al you know we wory if we start missing anyone for sure we would miss you and just think of the pictores you can send to us nettie
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 7, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8359911

Oh Al, how wonderful for the both of you!! I'm so happy for you both, (and very envious on the retirement, lol) and I'm sure you'll love getting out of the snow and cold! Do you have friends or family in Hawaii, or just the 2 of you sneaking off to be alone? I'm sure you will both enjoy the vacation! And do check in once in awhile with us this spring and summer! Of course we will want to know about everything and see tons of pictures!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 7, 2011
10:47 PM

Post #8360280

loca thank you for the new thread nettie. i think im going to bed just bored i think and i have been reading alot always makes me sleepy love and hugs nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 8, 2011
5:51 PM

Post #8361637

mekos and rrm need to get home while they can more snow i can,t stand much more of this mess i think we have had enough of the mess.they say 5or6 in. that is to much nettie im going to bed talk later

This message was edited Feb 9, 2011 12:01 AM
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2011
7:43 AM

Post #8362365

We don't have any family members in Hawaii, but do have some friends working on a church mission project in Oahu if time allows we may visit. Other than that we have 16 days on four islands to ourselves. We're not on a scheduled tour, but have prearranged island hopper flights, hotels, and a rental car to drive on each island. We really don't enjoy "tours", it's more fun exploring on our own.

Of course I'll be looking for all kinds of vegetation and plants, but probably won't bring a lot home. I am searching for a "Hawaiian Ti" tropical plant that can be grown from a small log cutting. They can be very pretty foliage houseplants in green, pink, and reddish colors. If they are small and easy to pack, I'll bring back enough to share with everyone.

Al
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2011
11:13 AM

Post #8362764

Have fun Al. Yippie, wish we could all go along too. LOL
I need prayers for Wesley again. He is not doing well. I got an ambulance last night and tried to get him to go to er but he refused and they left him there. He hasn't eat or drunk anything for several days and I am worried sick. I went back again this morning to beg again and while he wouldn't go, he did agree to try and eat some chicken soup for me and did sip some gingerale so I feel better now. BUT it is still bad. He can't even sit up and he feels so cold with the room so hot I can barely breathe. He shivers like he is freezing to death, and last night he got nose bleeds and still today his nose was bleeding too. I'm scared for him. I try to keep brave for him but it not easy with tears rolling down my face watching him so weak. He had been doing so much better.
I saw where Gary Maxey's house burned a few nights ago. Prayers for him as well. At least his family all got out just in time. They lost all the seeds and plants but I figure we can help him recover seeds and plants when he gets a new place. Please remember his family, please. http://www.andalusiastarnews.com/2011/02/04/midnight-flames-wake-family/
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 9, 2011
11:34 AM

Post #8362799

mekos he may be anemic being cold goes along with what he has he may need to take smothing for that all we can do is pray for him love and hugs nettie ps stop crying. if he feels like me the last place he would want to go is to the dr,

This message was edited Feb 9, 2011 1:36 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 9, 2011
11:46 AM

Post #8362818

did rrm get her pup i sure hope so she was ready for him. we have had snow all morning the uper part of the state have 32in new snow sure glad we didn,t get that thats bad.yrafic is real bad up there trafic all jamed up on i40 grand son in a ditch in oklahoma said they will charge 100 to pull him out.

bill told him to pay it little to far for bill to drive the tractor.the children think gpaw can help i think bill gave him good advice.nettie

This message was edited Feb 9, 2011 1:55 PM

This message was edited Feb 9, 2011 2:24 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 9, 2011
12:10 PM

Post #8362856

mekos i just thought of smothing i kept a boggin on my mothers head she got warm after that it helped her retain body heat you might try thst.might help him to marm up nettie. also socks on her feet. i got her warm.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2011 2:18 PM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 9, 2011
1:53 PM

Post #8362999

Yep, Nettie I got to meet Mekos and got my pup and he is beautiful. Been three days since I got him and already playing with Lucky and Radar. What a little Charmer. I'll show you in another thread below this one.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 9, 2011
1:57 PM

Post #8363007

They are playing with Kaluah's little bear. All three boys were enjoying that bear. It was so cute. Jan I got Kaluha a little sweater.
Mekos, we will pray for you and Wesley. Please try not to wrry too much,but I know you will.
Prayers and blessings dear friend...

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2011
3:25 PM

Post #8363118

I love the picture Charleen. He looks happy and they all look like they are having fun.
I finally got him to eat a little chicken noodle soup and he drank a little more gingerale. Then went back to sleep. Looks like he is getting a little stronger day by day. Thanks everyone for the prayers. He is just so fragile.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 9, 2011
6:41 PM

Post #8363488

Oh I am so jealous you got to meey my mekos and take home that cute little pup;o)

mekos, I'm glad Wes seems to be improving. Poor guy has been through so much. I will continue to keep him in my prayers.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 9, 2011
7:38 PM

Post #8363672

rrm i hope you and mekos had a good time and im glad you have your pup home i bet he loves it being spoiled by you, those pups are so sweat i don,t need one but i bet you they are all going yo good homes so glad you guies made it home safe and sound.love and hugs nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 9, 2011
10:04 PM

Post #8363788

im going to bed lovr and hugs nettie. glad wes ate some food he is in my prayers good night all talk later.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 10, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8364268

I think it is great when we get to really meet and talk and hug and greet and get to know each other. Mekos and I and our husbands really did enjoy our day together. We are planning on going to see Mekos this year in S.C. It was wonderful. she is a sweet wonderful person.
I know you all are.
Prayers for Wesley, hope he is even better today...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 10, 2011
2:48 PM

Post #8364957

i posted a front yard pict.on the rong thread this is 7inches of new snow yuck nettie wrong pict. thats fluff

This message was edited Feb 10, 2011 4:51 PM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 10, 2011
3:42 PM

Post #8365015

Hello, Fluff. How pretty you are. Cute Nettie.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8365040

I've got a cat meaner looking than that, but Fluff is cute! LOL

Al
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 10, 2011
7:40 PM

Post #8365529

al we have an old cat here the same age as one of the grandaughers about 18 or older still stalks birds and sleeps in the rain gutters in the summor. now he is mean as a two headed snake persian and some kind of mountain cat. hates dogs and other cays. he lets me and bill live here he is one big hair ball.loves to sleef on my new lap top i try and keep it in a bag,so it won,t get full of hair but i love him so he can stay.he doesn,t get aeound very well anymore but he just keeps on keeping on.nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 10, 2011
9:23 PM

Post #8365668

im going to bed just thought id say good night love and hugs to all have wess in my prayers hope he is on the mend and doing better. talk later
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2011
2:04 PM

Post #8366747

Wes is doing better today, it could have been a bug he had with all the rest, but he ate some more soup and kept it down again and today he is feeling a little stronger. Thank you all for the prayers. You all are just the BEST!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you all.

Thumbnail by mekos

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 11, 2011
2:25 PM

Post #8366788

So so so glad to hear the Wes is doing better! Could have been a bug, that's true, but God has great power, and I choose to think all the prayers are helping! Yippee!!

Wanted to show you my new yard art that I made today. Hope you can read it if you click on the picture.

Thumbnail by skellogg

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8367211

Most definately prayer works and couldn't make it without prayer. I know that helped. He is on borrowed time and prayer is giving him more time with us, I do believe it.
I absolutely LOVE your Yard art! So funny!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 11, 2011
6:09 PM

Post #8367225

Thanks Jan! I too believe that the power of prayer is definately helping him. Thank God for his gift of time.
I knew my friends here would appreciate the humor in the art, even tho it's not the best artwork and some of you are much more talented. And to be perfectly honest, I did it for me, because I needed the humor, lol! I'm sure my neighbors are really wondering now about me. But then, they wondered about my sanity before I'm sure. LOL!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8367320

Glad to hear Wes had a good day mekos!

Love the art Sandi - lol. Yeah, my neighbors wonder about me sometimes too I'm sure;o)

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8367322

How about a little bloom to chase the snow-blues away?

Thumbnail by locakelly

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 11, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8367333

Kelly, she's lovely! Do you really have flowers blooming now? Outside?

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2011
7:08 PM

Post #8367337

Yep - lol...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2011
7:12 PM

Post #8367342

Starflower...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2011
7:12 PM

Post #8367344

Dianthus...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2011
7:13 PM

Post #8367345

Pansies - somehow they didn't freeze in our cold snap!

This message was edited Feb 11, 2011 9:05 PM

Thumbnail by locakelly

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 11, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8367376

Our pansies and violas are pretty hardy and can handle cold pretty good. Maybe cuz they have to! But all your flowers are awesome! Thanks for sharing them to cheer us up!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 12, 2011
12:17 AM

Post #8367543

skell you are dreaming i wish you the best of luck im going to bed we will see how much snow you get give away. love and hugs nettie mekos wess is in my prayers love you.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 12, 2011
5:16 AM

Post #8367668

LOL! Yep, don't think any of my neighbors are going to come get my "snowman" I'm thinking they all have enough snow in their yards that they just won't want any more, teeheehee! Have a good night Nettie.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 12, 2011
7:38 AM

Post #8367880

See how the puppy Kaluha is growing. Mekos, glad Wes is feeling little better.
One Day at a time, Sweet Jesus. bless every day Wesley has. Prayers, Mekos...

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 12, 2011
8:40 AM

Post #8368001

My neighbors don't 'wonder' about me ... they all KNOW me! lol
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 12, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8369129

hi everyone we shed alot of snow today thats good but alot of moiseure out their in the yard i need to do some things in the green house water some things lots to do just have to warm up going yo get up to 70 this week hope they got that right if not im gona go nuts was 60 today likr that also. its my bed time. say a prayer for wes glar he is feeling some better. love and hugs nettie.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2011
2:00 PM

Post #8370154

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody! Have a great day and enjoy!

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2011
4:11 PM

Post #8370373

From my DH

The vase is so neat. Has a glass area in the center for the flowers and around the outside is filled with Hershey kisses.

Thumbnail by Crit

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2011
6:56 PM

Post #8370622

What gorgeous flowers everyone! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you all.
Charleen is having internet problems again and wanted me to let you know she is taking the computer to the shop tomorrow to see if they can figure out what the problem is and get it fixed and she will be back as soon as possible.
Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. This coming week is suppose to be nice and sunny here too Nettie so maybe we can get out some and check out the greenhouse and plan for spring. HUGS!

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 13, 2011
7:51 PM

Post #8370667

al mekos thank you for the flowers love them . im fighting yellow jackets in the bath room yhey are comming out of the atic guess someone have to take some spray up there and spray the little fellers to death.cxn,t have them in the house love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 13, 2011
8:02 PM

Post #8370681

crit love your flower vase real different. love nettie hope you had a good day,
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2011
8:12 PM

Post #8370692

OH Nettie, you be careful of those yellow jackets. They are dangerous when they get mad.
Good night, have sweet dreams!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 14, 2011
8:10 PM

Post #8372733

got all things in the greenhouse wattered that was long and drawn out, glad i got all that done/ takes a long time need to find a diferent system. my water hose gives me fits. coils up om itself spend half my time trying to keep it seraight. dh says irs my fault it gets in sich a mess. love nettie.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2011 10:12 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 15, 2011
9:38 PM

Post #8374488

my dh turned my dg of so he could go on ebay ive tried to show him to leave it at the bottom of the screan and go where he needs to go but he just hits the x i think he likes doing it to me ive told him how harde it is to get it back up. one of the threads won,t take me any where don,t know what the problem is may just be my puter. billy don can,t find anything wrong with it. don,t know. just go to forums and work my way back. love and hugs nettie to add have garden club tomorrow will be gone ann afternoon should be fun hands on floral design i like those where you can make arrahgement along with the person who is doing it right in front of you i learn better that way. need to go to bed soon. have to get up in the morning can,t sleep inthe morning good night love and hugs nettie.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2011 11:47 PM
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2011
9:17 AM

Post #8375228

The "Tumbling Tom" tomato plants I started in mid-January are almost ready to package and send cross country. I would like to send them out Monday morning if everything goes well. There will be one or maybe two plants in each box. Please remind me of who wanted to recieve them.

It's a dwarf determinate container tomato that can be grown inside, see description below from Parks:
http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/5351

I'm a bit concerned about freezing temperatures. They can be delivered to a warm PO here, but there's no telling what can happen when they arrive possibly on Wednesday or Thursday. Just be aware that they are comming and hope for the best.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2011
9:36 AM

Post #8375265

Al, if you have an extra I'll take one. I originally didn't request one as I thought they would not be ready in time for me to plant them, but looks like I still have time. If not, it's cool too;o) No freezing weather here thank God. We had more than I care to this winter;o)
rosymom
Plympton, MA
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2011
8:43 PM

Post #8376331

Hi, I'm still kind of a newbie to DG, and I seem to always be one to gardening :)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 16, 2011
10:02 PM

Post #8376409

im beat going to bed hope you all have a good night love and hugs nettie.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2011
6:06 AM

Post #8376676

Hi Rosy, welcome to our crazy little beat! We're a small, but fun bunch to hang with!

Al

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 17, 2011
8:43 AM

Post #8377009

Welcome Rosy.

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 17, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8377300

morning everyone im up thats a good thing for me ive loaned the silver bulit to someone i think it was billy don he has been off a couple of work a couple of days with kidney stones wish he didn.t get them but we all have our little things i know they hurt bad dh said the car is back home thats good.wellcome rosy hope you stay love good company we have alot of fun on here please hang around. love and hugs nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 17, 2011
2:01 PM

Post #8377597

rrm love your white orchid. i have trouble with those they hang on for a while then just kick the bucket, think its to dry in my house not humod enough. and i may wory them to death. nettie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2011
2:33 PM

Post #8377650

Al, I requested one of your tomato plants please.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 17, 2011
3:30 PM

Post #8377744

Nettie, that is a rescue that Lowes had on it's clearance table. It is doing good. Got another rescue opened up today. Got to get you a pic.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2011
4:45 PM

Post #8377875

Good to hear from you all. Trish,Sandi,Kelly and Crit - I've got you on my sendout list.

Al

This message was edited Feb 18, 2011 8:06 AM

This message was edited Feb 18, 2011 8:11 PM
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 17, 2011
8:33 PM

Post #8378288

Al, I don't think that I was on your first list for this year, but hey, if you have extras that no one has claimed, I would love to get one too! I know that you sent me some seeds, and I'll be starting them later, but you can't ever have too many maters, can you? Especially since I support the rest of my family's mater habits too, lol! Giving maters to my Sis is a really good deal for me, tho, since she makes all the salsa, and then just gives me back the maters in the form of salsa, lol! They never last that long at my house. DH and I eat them too fast I guess. ;-)
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2011
5:05 AM

Post #8378541

I've got a couple more left, you're on my list Sandi.

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 18, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8378566

Thank you much kind sir! The grandkids will appreciate that too! LOL! It takes a lot of maters to feed my bunch!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 18, 2011
7:47 AM

Post #8378801

Hello everyone..Hope all is going well..The snow melted finally and the daffodils have began to bloom..I planted cabbage, lettuce and kale seeds..Need to get my broccoli and radishes in the ground.. I know this warm spree is probably fooling, but when I see the flowers in bloom I just feel the need to plant something.. Mekos I hope Wes is continuing to feel better..Al I know you and your wife are lloking forward to Hawaii in March!!! That sounds like such a nice trip..Hope you guys get to enjoy her retirement..If you happen to have an extra tomato around I'd love to have one.. If they are promised out already then no worries.. I have some seeds I need to get planted.. Rosy welcome aboard!! Ok Im out to plant some bulbs I dug up last week to clean out a flower bed then it started raining on me and Ive yet to get them back in the ground so take care and talk to you all again soon..

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2011
8:06 AM

Post #8378824

Thanks Al! I'm gonna try the little guy in a hanging basket so I can move it under the patio in the summer and see how it fares. Walk out the back door and grab a 'mater to munch - nothin' better;o)

Where you been hiding Trish? Spring is in the air for sure! We're expecting rain this weekend so gonna get some more veggies planted then sit back and watch 'em grow. Need to fertilize my Daylilies and Iris and get a couple shrubs planted - yeah.

Sandi, I see you have dug yourself out of the snowbank;o)
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2011
3:29 PM

Post #8379464

Hi everybody!
I know I was supposed to get on here and talk to ya'll the other day. I have been so krayzeeee busy. I have liners trays coming in every othr day and I am having a time staying caught up! I will be opening the nursery on March 15th so I am busy busy potting and dividing a few things right now. I am getting everything all organized in the main greenhouse and have more irrigation line to hang. I will take a picture and show you guys what the reenhouse looks like now. Have had beautiful weather so everything is happy ;-) I want to tell you all the plants I have. Will try to get on here tomorrow. I will have to make a list just for my DG buddies to order from. I will send anyone whatever they'd like. Miss all of you and will get on here tomorrow and talk some more!

Hugs! Mechelle
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 18, 2011
4:53 PM

Post #8379629

Hi Mechelle!! We miss you!! And I want calibrachoas so hope you have some, lol! Kelly, we still have plenty of snow if you're ready now. It did melt a little over the last coupe of days, but we still have a couple of feet everywhere. Unless of course, you figure where we piled it, lol! And it's supposed to snow over the weekend, but I'm hoping they're wrong!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2011
5:10 PM

Post #8379673

You're on Trish, I think I have two more left.

Al
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8379795

Hey Mechelle ... good to see you girl. I know you are busy but we miss you!

Al, what do you fertilize your iris with? I've never fertilized Iris.

I got a good deal on tulips at Wal-Mart. They had a bunch of them in pots with 3-6 bulbs in each one for $1.23. I asked the guy 'the tulips are $1.23??? He said yup. They ordered a bunch for Valentines Day, and these are what was left" They are beautiful!!!! Some still in bud and just putting buds up. I'm not going to plant them just yet, our winter isn't over, even though we tied the record temp of 79* yesterday. I put some cinnamon on top of the dirt and watered with a little H2O2 in the water, to ward off any fungus gnats. I have enough of those darn things from the plants I brought in to over winter, don't need to add any more.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8379815

Hiya Mechelle! Glad to see you're not buried under all those plants! I'm so excited for you!!!

Sandi, glad you're not snowed in - lol. I grew up in a harsh climate so know you sure do appreciate every nice day you get. I can't grow calibrachoas to save my life - our heat kills 'em every time.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2011
7:25 PM

Post #8379921

Hi Mechelle, I was looking for our little singer on American Idol but didn't see her. Bummer!
I bet the greenhouse is gorgeous. Can't wait to see all your beauties.
Hi Trish, I sure been missing you guys! You and Mechelle been playing ghost too much!

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 18, 2011
10:01 PM

Post #8380046

good night everyonr stay safe be good love and huigs nettie.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2011
5:35 AM

Post #8380216

BE GOOD??????????? US?????????? mwahahahahahaha (evil laugh)
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2011
6:35 AM

Post #8380327

I don't fertilize my irises Crit, my cat does it for me. They just spring up everywhere without asking. I really haven't been too fussy about them, but I have a couple of championship breeds given to me as gifts. I don't remember the specific names. A few are special to me because they came from Gramp's garden years ago. Always enjoy planting more with different colors when they come.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2011
11:46 AM

Post #8380804

Hi there e1! Sandi, I have plenty of Calibrachoa. I have white, yellow w/ red eye, purple and what they call dark blue which is actually more like a purple. I am expecting more varieties but let me know if any of those sound good. I have lots of named Daylilies, La. Iris and Siberian Iris coming next week as well as Zinnia, Vinca, Salvia, Verbena, Rudbeckia, Portulaca, Marigolds, Snapdragon , Lantana, Setcreasea (reg and var). Chenile Firetails, Petunias, Ipomoea, and just got a nice Clematis order in. All the herbs and veggies you could think of and much more! I left the house without my camera and don't have my Blackberry synced to this computer but will get pics asap for you guys. If there is anything in particular I can order for anyone, let me know and I will see what I can do. I am doing lots of seeds but am still trying to figure a few things out. I am ordering more liners this year but have some seed crops going.
Hope everyone is well and miss you all!
mechelle
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 19, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8381420

Crit, are you kin to Cue_chik and Lucy?
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 19, 2011
6:27 PM

Post #8381473

WooHoo! Mechelle, please get us a list and pictures, so we can order, lol!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 19, 2011
10:33 PM

Post #8381779

list would be a good thing sleep would be good im looking foward to pictures. love nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2011
7:57 AM

Post #8382265

Trish, Sandi, Kelly, and Crit

Sorry ladies - There will be a one day shipping delay for my Tumbling Tom tomatoes because of our PO will be closed Monday for Presidents Day. They will go out early on Tuesday morning, hopefully before the next big cold wave sets in. That means that they will likely be at destination on Thursday or Friday, so watch your mailboxes.

Al

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 20, 2011
3:53 PM

Post #8383019

perfect Al! Thanks!!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 20, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8383383

I'll let you know when it arrives;o)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 20, 2011
10:16 PM

Post #8383543

crit the national garden club offers free things on starting a garden club i think you can just print it out. love nettie. just go on there and type in national garden clubs inc. i think that is wright. of course i have been known to be rong oh yes i have.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8383815

THANKS Al !!!!!!!!!!

mekos ... no, I don't have any relatives on here that I know of.

nettie ... there is a garden club here in Sand Springs. I just need to get hold of them, but thanks for the info!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 21, 2011
11:20 AM

Post #8384559

crit you are wellcome. didn,t know if you had found anything glad you did. love bettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
7:19 AM

Post #8386155

My Tumbling Tommy tomatoes are in the mail, they should be flying over Chicago by this afternoon. They're all snuggled into their little boxes, let's all hope that they stay warm for the long trip. Let me know when and if they arrive okay.

Al
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
11:14 AM

Post #8386608

will do.. looking forward to it!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 22, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8386805

Hey Mechelle! Do I have a minimum amount I have to order? LOL! I want some cali's, petunias, lantana, verbena, and ??? Can't wait to see the pictures and for your website to be up and running so I can start shopping! LOL!

Al, it's supposed to be nice (for us) weather this week, with no subzero temps, so should be great for toms! I'll let you know when they get here! Thanks!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8387334

Mechelle,
Can we order potting stuff like the little square thin plastic pots or the 6 pack's? I don't know where to go to get them.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 22, 2011
7:43 PM

Post #8387470

al im going yo plant some maters out in the bottomn of a wore out shop vack it still has the rollers on the bottom of it just need to get bill to drill me some holes in it. that way i can move it from the front porch into the house if the weather turns bad and at night. im thinking they should do ok in that thing. pluss keep smothine out of the trash.bill and i have dr. app. tomorrow so ill wait until we are not going to be gone half the day. i have a huge sago palm that bill hates he says it tries to polk his eyes out. have to say im not real crazy about it. the thing gets a family member every year when it goes in or comes out of the green house. might be nice to have it in a pot with wheels on it. i think it has a little one at the base of it. need to have a mind set as to what im going to put in the pot. love and prayers for everyone nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 22, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8387477

mekos hane you seen enid around any where she has had a long time to make candles she may also be doing some soap. she is such a buisy little bee.hope her shop is doing good. nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8387822

Temps here 6 below zero this morning. We're leaving for Hawaii Sunday morning! Not soon enough for me...

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 23, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8388144

You will have such a great time relaxing and enjoying each other's company, just being retired!! So envious and happy for you both Al. At 5:30 this morning we started out at 18 above, and now that the sun is out and shining, we've dropped to about 6 above. Go figure, lol!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2011
8:46 AM

Post #8388161

I had a talk with my tax lady today. I've got a refund of $2.43 coming back. Maybe I could afford another package of seeds at Walmart...

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 23, 2011
9:05 AM

Post #8388190

LOL! But, at least you're not paying in, Al.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2011
2:06 PM

Post #8388691

Wonder what kind of seeds you would like Al? Might could get 2 packs at the dollar store.
Sure wish I could afford a trip to Hawaii. Have a wonderful time and look for new seeds there.
Nettie, I believe Lori has been sick. But last I heard she was better now just not her self again yet.
Be careful with that tree, Bill needs his eyes! Good idea for a planter, useing a vaccuum base. Rollers are good! Good luck at the dr.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2011
2:43 PM

Post #8388760

I was sort of looking for a Hawaiian Ti log but I'll have to wait and see. It's a tropical plant grown from log sprouts. We're told that Hawaii has very strict ag and export laws on outgoing plants, so may not be possible to bring them home.

AL
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2011

Post #8389003

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I've gotten away from the bitterness and don't want to see it again. Was 76* here today. Can't believe it is still February. I'm sure we will have another hard front go through and freeze us out again. Ya'll stay warm! Have a fabulous time in Hawaii Al & wife.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2011
7:08 PM

Post #8389291

Al I have a couple here you can have when you get back and it warms enough to ship without freezing up. Someone from Hawaii sent it to me last year and I dont do well with it. One is black and one is red with beautiful streaks through the leaves. JUST remind me when it warms some or I'll remember to ship but forget to WHO it goes to. My memory does not work long term and not even good short term either.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 23, 2011
8:41 PM

Post #8389475

the dr. bill and i use moved to ft. smith so we had to call the clinic here in booneville to have them make copies of our medical records. they sent all of bills recurds but omly five of myne the dr. was a little up set ime more upset than she was. the release on those was turned in 3months ago. they have some real problems at the clinic. now i think someone droped the ball. im not real happy. i had to guess what kind of canser i have i know its a center cell but i know it has a name it was in those records.i guess they didn,t know what it was called. hope no one ever does them that way. some one must have told them i didn,t need all that history. hade to try and remember some thingh it was time consumeing. if i had allof it things wouldn,t have taken so long. its over with now. so ill just forget about it.love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 23, 2011
9:41 PM

Post #8389529

al so glad you don,t have to pay in. paying them is the pits. its on my don,t like list. bill and i never get out that easy that is great. you and tour wife have some fun for us and take pictyres for us.love nettie.

This message was edited Feb 24, 2011 3:49 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2011
3:51 PM

Post #8390820

Nettie, I am so sorry you have to go through that. The nerve of those idiots! I agree, IF it were their charts, they probably would have taken better care of them. Somebody probably filed them wrong or in the wrong place. Makes you want to smack someone! Life is hard enough as it is. Sure hope you get to feel better Nettie. Take care and rest up when you can. You don't need to get run down and sick.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 24, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8390900

Al, your darling little tomato arrived today safe and sound! Nice packing job;o) Thank you!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2011
5:33 PM

Post #8391000

AL... got my tomato today too. Not much worse for wear ...I think it will be fine too. Thanks for the seed packet and extra seeds. I didn't know you could plant snickers ... what kind of plant do you get? LOL THANKS!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 24, 2011
6:22 PM

Post #8391088

Mekos is right Nettie! We don't want you getting sick, so please take care of yourself!
My maters aren't here yet, so that means tomorrow. Yippee!
And Jan, how are you doing? I know how hard this all is on you, but we want you to take care of yourself too.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 24, 2011
8:30 PM

Post #8391277

mekos has rrm got her puter fixed yet. i hope she can get it fixed and get back up and going and doesn,t have to get a new one. i hate to have puter problems harde to find someone to work on one around here, we have had rain all day makes me sleepy guess im going to bed love and hugs nettie. all you and the wife have fun and a good trip night all slip my mind how it wes doing better i hope and pray, love nettie

This message was edited Feb 24, 2011 10:40 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2011
8:49 AM

Post #8391992

Wes has taken a turn for the worse and it's just a matter of time. Not much left.
I'm trying to get info on Charleen now Nettie, I was thinking of her this morning and wondering if she was ok, will call her now and see if I can find her.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2011
10:16 AM

Post #8392128

Hi guys,
Am up to my ears in plants in the greenhouse, lol. Everytime I get caught up, more come in! Will post pics asap. Once my liners are caught up, I can work on getting the website going. I haven't really thought on minimum orders. I don't think right now I will have a minimum really. So, no. No minimums. And yes I can get pots. Just need to know sizes and quantities and I can work on getting pricing. Hope everyone is having a good day!
Mechelle
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2011
5:08 PM

Post #8392894

Sounds wonderful Mechelle! Can't wait to SEE all your plants.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 25, 2011
7:35 PM

Post #8393131

Yes, Mechelle! We are all anxiously waiting! And I can't wait to see what I want to order, teeheehee! Can't ever have too many plants can we?
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 25, 2011

Post #8393209

Hi guys, the days just fly by.. By the time I get all my piddling done theres no time left to sit down here and visit anymore.. I think I must be getting slower at getting it done. I sure know at the end of the day I can tell it has taken its toll..
Al, I received my package and want to thank you so much. The lil mater plant is darling, the extra seeds were nice and even tho I gained a pound last month(big frown) I still couldnt resist eating those snickers.. They were wondermous!!!Good thing you didnt send a whole pack because I dont think I could have stopped lol..Enjoy your trip Im excited for you..
Mekos prayers going up for Wes and you and all his family.. It saddens my heart to see any one suffer like that..I will continue to ask God for his comfort and strength for you all
Nettie take care of yourself, we need you here. You bring a smile to our faces..
Mechelle so good to see you again and wishing you the best of luck with your business... I know even tho its alot of work, I know your having the time of your life..
To the rest of you beautiful people, its always good to find you here and catch up with whats going on.. It finally rained here.. I have plants up everywhere.. They think its spring..Even have baby wave petunias up eveywhere in my front bed..My irises are shooting upwards and are so green I can only wait for the first bloom of the season from them.. My hyacinths,muscari, daffodils and paper whites are in bloom. Im excited to see flowers blooming across the yard again..Working hard to get all my beds cleaned and in order.. Ok it was hard busy day so Im off for the night (I think).. hugs Trish
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 25, 2011
9:46 PM

Post #8393259

Hi Trish! We haven't seen you forever and are glad you found time to check in and get us up to date! Try not to work so hard so we can hear from you once in a while. We miss you!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 25, 2011
10:04 PM

Post #8393273

huney thay sounds wonderful your flowers are starting to bloom spring must be comming on my roses are starting to bud up i need to get outside and start cleaning them up before it to late i hate to cut on them this earley but the teas might need trimed back if i let them go they will grow to tall and not bloom good. pew lots of work.work is my way of handling things in my life that i can,t do anything about.the last 3yeary were the pits good thing i hsd bill he is a strong person alot syronger than me. mekos i hope you foune rrm hope she got hre puter fixed love and hugs nettie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2011
7:05 AM

Post #8393662

I just checked some of my winter sowing and have some things coming up. Sure hope they don't get frozen out, it is really early!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 26, 2011
9:58 AM

Post #8393963

Hi all its me again.. I have a things up in my winter sown jugs also crit, but they will pretty much take care of themselves.. I just make sure they keep enough moisture when its dry. The jugs do a great job of protecting them.. I am assuming thats the way you have them WS'd. I read on the gardening by the moon that the next few days werent good for planting. Lol why does that make me want to go out and plant something just to see how it grows. My Dad said usually will grow fine just wont be productive.I've never watched the moon before till he was telling me my Grandfather wouldnt plant anything till the moon was right.. I always planted whenever I found time or energy..Well I have a bunch of buckets full of cow manure guess I will go mix them with sand and dirt and add them to some of my beds.. Maybe I will make my lasagna bed for my morning glories today. I spent all morning in town ughh thats my most productive part of the day, I prefer to spend it at home.. Nettie did you get bad weather Thursday when the wind ws so high and tornado warnings were out? Skellog I dont mean for so many days to go by before I make my way back, just find less time to spend here at the computer.. Which also helps my weight because I tend to sit here and snack.. Bad thing.. Take care all..
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
10:45 AM

Post #8394025

Hi Trish!!! So good to hear from you. Sounds like spring has sprung there! LOL I have buds but no blooms yet! I waiting though.
Nettie, RRM's computer is sick and in the shop. I called her and she is fine but no internet right now till it gets fixed and back home. She'll be back soon though.
The hospice nurse says Wes is in final stages before death now so we had to go ahead with wedding at home. He was disappointed he couldn't walk down the isle, but was happy to have been able to say I DO. As his POA I got his marriage licenses and the preacher came to their house and we had the wedding after all. He barely made it but he did it. Thought you all might like to see.
I have to clean out his apt. so will be off for a bit and also trying to be with him as much as possible, just not much time either for me. So post lots of pictures of blooms as you all can. Al I sure want to see pictures of Hawaii when you get back. Have fun.
Hope everyone has lost all the snow now and settled in for spring flowers to rise up and show off. God bless you all. Hugs.

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 26, 2011
12:21 PM

Post #8394173

mekos you did good that is so great the bride is very pretty ithink all brids are beautifyll, she is all pretty inside and out. wes is verry lucky and so is she. they have each other. and you are one special lady. love and hugs nettie thanks for checking on rrm.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
2:32 PM

Post #8394299

Jan, that was so beautiful!! God Bless you all.

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 26, 2011
5:57 PM

Post #8394578

Jan, you are wonderful to help them with this! It is so touching and beautiful! Praying for you all, God bless!
Al, maters showed up yesterday, thanks! The poor little thing looks a little droopy. I think it might have gotten a touch of frost bite on it's way, but I'm nursing it along. Yes, we want to see pictures when you get back, and you 2 have a wonderful vacation! I'll be thinking of you both while I'm watching it snow and blow, LOL!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

February 26, 2011
6:48 PM

Post #8394662

Beautiful picture mekos;o) Praying for Wes and his new bride that they have more time together.

Al, have a great time in Hawaii - did I tell you I'm waaaaaaayyyyyyyy jealous? LOL
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
6:53 PM

Post #8394676

Well, three out of four doesn't sound bad. I knew there was going to a certain amount of risk involved. I will be growing out a few more later in the Spring. Hope your Tommy survives Sandi.

We will be leaving home tomarrow to stay overnight in Rochester north of here. Flight leaves early Monday morning @5:30AM for Chicago, then non-stop to Honolulu arrival @3:00PM. It's about 10 hours flight time, but we'll lose 6 hours in time zones.

We will be taking lots of pictures, I'll post a few when I can.

Al
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 26, 2011
7:54 PM

Post #8394762

huney we got some wind and rain but no storms wind sure did blow hard. but noyhing bad thank you for asking we have alot of big oak trees they scare me some im afraid one will come down we have lost some to storms . love nettie.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 26, 2011
10:07 PM

Post #8394898

Mekos Wes knows he is loved. It means alot to have love ones around you, caring and sharing during times like those.. My prayers continue for you all.. Nettie Im glad you all didnt have to much storming. The wind was bad here too.. My Dads place is surrounded by big ole oak trees, Im always scared for him when the wind blows. I dont even like to drive down his road when its very windy outside. There was some tornatic activiity about 15 miles from here, but mostly wind damage..

Al we cant wait to see pictures.. Night all..
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 26, 2011
10:14 PM

Post #8394903

mekos you be careful get some rest i know you are running yourwelf crazy just slow down a little or you won,t be aele to keep up with all of it. love nettie you are all in my prayers nice and slow.slow down. a little. ive been their and done that its so hard to keep up with everything just slow down don,t get sick
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2011
7:15 AM

Post #8395253

We received a very welcome 1 1/2" of rain Thursday. Strong winds, but nothing dangerous. We are surrounded by trees, and one HUGE ole cottonwood near the house in the back yard. DH is worried about that one, but there is absolutely NO WAY I will let him take it down. I don't know how we would get it down anyway with all the fences and buildings near it. Even if we started from the top and worked down. Limbs would have to be lowered so they didn't land on something. And tons of oak trees all around. That is why I have so much shade in my yards, and not too much sun.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 27, 2011
2:33 PM

Post #8396020

mekos the ground orchids are comming up little early but not much i can do about that. if you planted yours out they are probly doing the same thing nettie.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 27, 2011
3:57 PM

Post #8396214

WooHoo!!! Just came back from DM's house, and I saw a robin!! Yippee!! Spring is coming soon!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8396517

or a VERY LOST Robin!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 27, 2011
5:47 PM

Post #8396569

ROTFL!! I never thought about that! I even made my DH look, so I'd have a witness! LOL! But, in all fairness, DM lives only 35 miles away, but is at 1100 ft lower elevation, and doesn't get near the bitter cold or snow that we do here. But if I see one here anytime in March, I'll be a happy camper! C'mon spring!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 27, 2011
10:23 PM

Post #8397017

its my bed time im going that way ive got peach preservs on smothing in the puter room need some wet paper towell had to be me i don,t let the children eat in here my bad. oh my talk later hope you all have a good night. love and hugs nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

February 28, 2011
11:00 PM

Post #8399216

loca how about a new thread before all starts sending vacation pictures i know they will be good, please good night all talk later love and hugs nettie.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8399987

We just arrived in Honolulu yesterday, no time to sight-see or take pictures yet. It's a warm, humid 83 degrees, big change from NY. No ice here unless you order it in a drink. Food and hotel looks good so far. Long flight out of Chicago direct took about 9 hours, time change takes a beating.

Sorry, I'm on a hotel computer and can't chat very long. Aloha hugs to all.

Al
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 1, 2011
6:58 PM

Post #8401363

crit the robin are at the golf course bill sees them every day they can find lots of jucy worms out there.nettie

This message was edited Mar 1, 2011 8:59 PM

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 1, 2011
7:53 PM

Post #8401494

Have fun Al!

Nettie, I'm beat and will try and start a new thread in the morning. My little Stormy was sick and vomiting all night then we spent a good part of the day at the vet. She is home and doing OK tonight after x-rays and fluids and ruling out scary stuff. Keep her in your prayers;o)
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2011
9:45 PM

Post #8401639

Oh Kelly, probably a virus. Furbabies get em too. Usually just last a day and just puny the next day. But perk up fast. They are like children and get virus and colds just like kids. Prayers for a quick recovery.
Al, be sure to rest up so you can enjoy the trip. Hope you all have fun and enjoy the sites.
Good night all.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 2, 2011
11:32 AM

Post #8402466

hope everyone is better now hate it when anything gets sick, hope wess is doing better kseep them in my prayers love nettie .

This message was edited Mar 2, 2011 1:34 PM

This message was edited Mar 2, 2011 1:35 PM
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2011
11:52 AM

Post #8402511

I keep thinking that I owe someone for some seeds or something, so if anyone out there is waiting on seeds or something from me, please shoot me a d-mail and let me know! I've lost my mind LOL! I keep hearing that a mind is a terrible thing to waste, but I can't waste mine until I find it!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 2, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8402913

i always hide my things where n one can finde it if i ever find that place ill be happy cause ive put things there for a long time and still can,t find any of it so you will be fine just don,t wory about it that only makes it worse love nettie.

This message was edited Mar 2, 2011 4:46 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 2, 2011
4:36 PM

Post #8403129

im makeing strawberry short cake just waiting for bill to come back im going to be sick can,t eat to much of that bill said to use sugAR ON the berries i usually put sweatner on them said he has pudding lekt in the frig ill mind him i love strawberrtes i love them with sugar. my bad he can,t have the sugar. nettie im very spoiled.later oh my i ate to much but it was bo good i lovr all of you but no hugs tonight nettie, hope im still alive in the morning.

This message was edited Mar 2, 2011 8:48 PM
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2011

Post #8403162

Oh that sounds deeeelish!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8403369

I'm with you Nettie. I like sugar on the berries too. :-) Forget pudding when there is strawberry shortcake around. YUM! Grow you some Stevia Nettie to sweeten stuff with. It works and tastes so good, no calories, no fat, nothing bad at all. And it is cute to look at. Beautiful green bushy plant and when it blooms the bees n butterflies LOVE it.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 2, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8403424

mekos i don,t think ive ever seen any around here sounds good nettie. can you start one from seed or do i need to try and find a plant somewhere i don,t have a clue?

This message was edited Mar 2, 2011 10:13 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2011
6:55 PM

Post #8403436

When mine is a little bigger, I'll send you a couple plants. I have hundreds of plants growing in the greenhouse just waiting for spring to come out. When it is safe to ship and they are strong enough, I'll send you some. Or I can send you seeds and let you grow your own. I may have lots of seeds left, I can look. I did have bunches and gave lots of it away.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2011
7:35 PM

Post #8403526

I've seen that mentioned alot lately, using stevia instead of sugar. How do you process it to use? Do you have to dry it or what? It sounds like a great thing to have, but I wasn't sure how much work would be involved to be able to use it, lol! And I am inherently lazy! (well, if I can get away with it, lol!)
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2011
7:44 PM

Post #8403547

Hey you just met lazy. I grew it in the garden, early morning pick the leaves you want to use and add them to a cup or whatever amount of water bring to boil, turn eye off and let sit to cool completely and strain off the water into ice cube tray and freeze. When you make tea or what ever you need to sweeten, add cubes. That will cool off fresh tea and sweeten it and add the water it needs to weaken it down too. OR you can dry the leaves and crush them into a powder,but I have not done that yet. Even the stalks are sweet not just the leaves. You can make the syrup and just keep in fridge instead of freezing but it will only last a few days and will spoil so freezing will last indefinately. Make some to freeze and some for use each day in cooking. I can get the receipe and post it iffin yall like. But that is the jest of it.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 2, 2011
8:15 PM

Post #8403613

that would work for me but where do i get a plant/ nettie mekos how is wess? maybe you could start me one or pick me up one and i could pay you back nettie

This message was edited Mar 2, 2011 10:33 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 2, 2011
8:22 PM

Post #8403633

I got lots of em growing , when it is safe to ship I will send ya a couple if you want me to. They may not be big enough to ship safely for a few weeks yet. But I have plenty.
Good night everyone. I got to go to bed. Haven't had much sleep for weeks now and I am very tired. Hugs.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 2, 2011
8:38 PM

Post #8403667

when they are ready let me know you could send me the instruction on makeing the ice and syrup. bill has high blood sugar has to take a shot every day, i hate it for him antd try to watch what i cook. nettie you go to bed and get some rest. i don,t see how you get every thing done you do. love nettie.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2011
9:12 PM

Post #8403701

Wow-I ate a fresh grown tomato today. There's good fruit and veggies everywhere around here! Drove around a bit to see Diamond Head and Waikiki beach. Beautiful place so far.

Al
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 2, 2011
10:06 PM

Post #8403734

OH! That is so not fair Al, lol! Fresh maters! Not only do we still have snow and cold everywhere, now you are eating fresh produce. I am so jealous! Glad you are enjoying things already, tho ;-)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2011
4:20 AM

Post #8403892

Love to read your little quips Al. Keep those 'teasers' coming. Am living vicariously through you right now. :-)

mekos ... may I get some stevia from you also? Very interesting.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 3, 2011
10:01 AM

Post #8404510

Sure just remind me, I forget who wants what at times so please just remind me.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 3, 2011
8:36 PM

Post #8405650

dau was behind me saying moma i need one of those she is on the shots also, but she told me thats what they make splenda out or she fas splenda on every thing thats all she can have to sweaten stuff with. she said if she could have a plant she would sure use it, anyway thats what she said im my usual dumb self love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 3, 2011
9:20 PM

Post #8405699

nekos how long do they take from seed i don.t mind growing some from seed. in a gamee old woman ill try anything once or more tpmes. i can see it now, woman is being over taken by plants, love nettie

This message was edited Mar 4, 2011 1:10 AM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 3, 2011
9:24 PM

Post #8405704

sandi you don.t owe me anything for the seed did you get them nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 3, 2011
10:08 PM

Post #8405738

as soon as it warns a little in the morning iv got to get those day lilies put back in the ground before that greenhouse heats up and it doesn.t take long when it starts it a never ending battle turn the fan on open the storm door close it up at night works me to death. have to start some seed and do some plants for the plant show pew so much work ill get it done. i always do . also need to get some iris out of the garden thought i had all the big ones out but missed some and bill can.t wait to get in with the tiller. i can. but not him. he is a good man don.t know why he puts up with me all these years must be love . love and hugs nettie the cloths dryer just went off got to go hang some things up be back in a minut or two love nettiethats done if i don.t get marks scrubs out as soon as the dryer stops they look bad can.t send him to work all rinkled, would spoil my good name. could iron them but can,t remember where i put the iron i may not even have one. don,t think i remember how to use it . im going to bed soon or i will not get up in time to get any thing planted. love nettie.

This message was edited Mar 4, 2011 12:36 AM

This message was edited Mar 4, 2011 1:09 AM
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 4, 2011
5:54 AM

Post #8406059

I did get the seeds Nettie! Have some started already, and waiting now for little shoots to pop up out of the dirt! Thanks again!
Nettie, you are always so busy! I don't know how you keep up with everything! You are my idol. As for the ironing, unfortunately, I think that's one of those things you don't ever forget how to do, no matter how long we wait before doing it again, lol! If you really need one, tho, I'm sure I still have one just don't know where mine is either, since I try not to do that too. Teeheehee!

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8406367

Took a long ride to North Shore yesterday. There's a Polynesion village there run by friendly natives. They aslo demonstrated how they eat well, boy do they ever, and so do we! North Shore is also home to the famed surfing community in Oahu, just beautiful scenery and rugged mountains. I'll have tons of pictures later.

Aloha
Al
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2011
5:08 PM

Post #8407177

I don't remember what thread I was on, but a while back they were talking about plants you can't use city water on or it will kill them, but I don't remember what they were. Does anyone know or remember the threads? I just got a small Venus Flytrap and wasn't sure how I should water it. Do you have to buy distilled water for them, or can you just set water out for a few days to let all the chemicals leech out of it like you do for a fishtank?
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 4, 2011
5:18 PM

Post #8407193

crit you need to use bottled water or you will take a chance on loosing it they don,t do chemicals of any kind best to use the botled water unles you have a stock pond or rain water. love nettie.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 4, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8407328

nettie are you talking about the VF or something else? I don't remember what you were suppose to use the bottled water on. Thanks

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 4, 2011
7:37 PM

Post #8407391

All CPs (carnivorous plants) prefer rain water. Otherwise you need to use bottled or distilled water. Chemicals in tap water will kill them.

Off to bed - my boys are having a garage sale in the morning and I need to be up early to help them set up. this should be interesting - lol...

Nettie, I'll get you a new thread tomorrow - bear with me. It's been a long week;o)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 4, 2011

Post #8407471

im goyng to bed love and hugs nettie talk later.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8407805

Well, I hope I haven't already killed the little fella. Will have to get some bottled water for him.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 5, 2011
10:14 AM

Post #8408182

crit take a clean milk jug and go to the stock pond that worked for me nice fishy stock pond water nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 5, 2011
1:17 PM

Post #8408487

Hi gang - I'm talking on webTV which is really bad, but best I can do right now. We took a quick hopper flight to west island of Kauai which is know as the Garden Isle. It's in middle of rain forest, I've never seen anyplace as green as this. Breathtaking beautiful. Kauai Coffee grown right in our backyard. I found some Hawaiian Ti plants for everyone putting up wth my ramblings, I'll send when I get home. Instructions someplace on DG for growing.

Aloha
Al
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 5, 2011
3:30 PM

Post #8408736

kelly how did the garage sale go great way to get them to clean out the rooms. nettie

This message was edited Mar 5, 2011 5:32 PM
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 5, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8409003

Al it sounds like you and your lovely bride are having a wonderful time! And enjoying retirement! So happy for you! And just so you know, and don't get to missing our winter too much, we got another inch last night, and 2 inches the night before. Snow, that is. LOL! Don't hurry back!
Yes, Kelly, we want to know how the boys did, lol! And how much did you work, helping them? There is a ton of work to putting on a garage sale! Hope they did good and don't have too much stuff left over that you have to haul off. Too early here for garage sales, but the auction season is kicking off now, so we will have some auctions to attend if we need something or want something to do. Not near as glamorous as going to Hawaii, tho, lol!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2011
6:11 PM

Post #8409019

Just sounds beautiful Al. I'm so happy for you all. "Wish I was there" :-)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 5, 2011
6:48 PM

Post #8409113

al that is great i can hardly wait to get them love nettie. hope you and wife are haveing a fun time nice vacation would love it but can/t do it. to much going on here i never get csught up im still wondering about the yard sale thar went on today. my boys could not handel a yard sale id have to get them new clothes and probly furniture they would have sold every thing they had, i bet kelly had a bad day i said a prayer for her before i went to bed last night,hope she is ok.

This message was edited Mar 7, 2011 4:24 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 6, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8410983

Sorry to have to tell you all, Wesley went on to be with the LORD today and I wanted to thank you all for the prayers and moral support. You are just the best!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 6, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8411025

crit i was talking about the vft they will get sick if you give them city water. only bottled wateh or pond water can.t use chemicals i use water from the stock pond so for thxy seem to like it. nettie

This message was edited Mar 6, 2011 8:28 PM

This message was edited Mar 6, 2011 8:29 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 6, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8411034

mekos im so sorry for you and the family take care love and hugs, try and get some rest .nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 6, 2011
10:44 PM

Post #8411226

i got out in the greenhouse today and gave everything a drink. they will be happy for this week i also planted some things that i picked up in ft. smith still to cold to put them out but i didn;t need them comming up in the bags. jack in the pulpit , going to put them in with ny ferns should be safe to put then out side when the ferns start comming up.thats the plan.im almost ready for bed.on second thought i am going to bed. love and hugs all around love nettie.

This message was edited Mar 7, 2011 12:53 AM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 7, 2011
2:21 PM

Post #8412758

bill drug me out to replant those day lilys and some other things a few iris that he took from the veggie garden got those taken care of.and he tilled half the garden i knew he would. boy not me. that wind is bsd chill your bones and hands and feet. he must have turned the heat down in the house im cold he should have left it alone ill turn my electric blanket. back on ill show him.cause im cold i woul have been all day if he hadn,t helped me. glad i have him.love and hugs nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8413331

You get something warm to drink Nettie ( warm tea or hot chocolate),to help warm you up fast and take care of yourself. Getting chilled can make you sick. Don't need you catching a bad cold now! Hugs.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 7, 2011
8:04 PM

Post #8413493

Hi gang! Mekos, I'm very sorry to hear about Wes but I am glad he is no longer suffering.

The garage sale went well.

I skimmed the happenings and just wanted to pop in and let you all know I may not be on much the next few days. I spent the weekend in the hospital after having chest pains and weird pressure in my chest. Finally got home and got to bed around 8 pm last night then took the day off today to take it easy and piddle around the house.

All my tests came back good. Even my cholesterol is lower than it has been. Some slight changes on my EKG had the cardiologist a little concerned as they could be indicative of a blockage. However, the stress test was negative and although it is only about 87% accurate in women, he feels we can take the wait and see approach. I had the test where they inject the radioactive stuff and take pics of the heart at rest then same thing after reching target heartrate on treadmill/heart under stress. Next step if I continue to have problems with chest pain and such will be to have a cardiac cath to look for blockages. I have/had high cholesterol and smoked for a number of years which are risk factors and even though I'm young to possibly have these issues the cardiologist and the ER doc both told me my age group (women 38-42) are a group that sometimes surprises them.

Please keep me in your prayers. I will try and check in and let you know what's going on. Still don't feel 100%.

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 7, 2011
8:27 PM

Post #8413554

Kelly, I am so sorry and will certainly be praying for you. How is your fur baby?
Look, you better rest and do what they say, I haven't planned a trip to Arizona in the near future, too hot for me, but I will iffin you don't take care of yourself.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 7, 2011
9:37 PM

Post #8413639

mekos im worm now took a hot bath always helps warm my feet up that and bill turned the heat back on that he was mumbling about the weather man always wrong about how warm it was going to get warm and it didn,t could you bealieve that. weather liars our people are so hit and miss.good night and love abd hugs nettie.

This message was edited Mar 7, 2011 11:39 PM

This message was edited Mar 7, 2011 11:50 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 7, 2011
9:43 PM

Post #8413643

loca you may need to make a few life style changes thats not easy. habits are hard to break. love nettie.have some habits of my one that i need to leave some where just takes time to get away from them.

This message was edited Mar 7, 2011 11:47 PM

This message was edited Mar 7, 2011 11:55 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2011
6:42 AM

Post #8414073

Kelly...have you tried the electronic cigarettes? They give you the nicotine but not all the other 'bad' stuff regular ones give you. Might give them a try. A starter pack here at our local smoke shops is $20.

I had that stress test, but wasn't able to walk the treadmill long enough, so they did the injection on me. I thought my heart was going to JUMP OUT OF MY CHEST! Very uncomfortable feeling!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 8, 2011
9:15 AM

Post #8414385

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers friends... I'm at work but not feeling too spiffy still. Now I think it's complicated by stressing about the whole thing. I feel shaky and well, just nervous. Ugh.

Crit, I think cold turkey is the only way to go - lol. I haven't smoked in 4 days! They talked about doing that injection for the stress test and I was praying they wouldn't. The cardiologist said no way, you're walking on the treadmill. It's more natural and he prefers it that way unless someone is not able to reach their target heart rate on the treadmill.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 8, 2011
10:26 PM

Post #8415792

mekos ill bet i have got my sinus messed up the wind will do it to me every time alot of dry leavs flying around now if it was warmer it would have been better.ill just take some benadril spelled that wrong but you know what i mean ill get better or get sick i choose better. its getting close to my bed time. think im going to bed. need to get up in the morning ans not stay in bed half the day love and hugs to all nettie need to clean puter room have alot of books and things strung out in here.

This message was edited Mar 9, 2011 12:29 AM

This message was edited Mar 9, 2011 12:30 AM
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 9, 2011
3:12 PM

Post #8416988

Sorry girls, I finally found a computer that really works! We're kind of traveling by the seat of our pants and good computers are hard to find, last one was a bummer!

I'm now on Maui after a hopper from Kauai. All islands are beautiful, we're staying close to the beach on North Shore. Kind of just hanging around, seafood and scenery are fabulous. We'll be here 3 more days until we move on to Hawaii Big Island. Yes, it's the one with the active volcano right now in the news. Our travel advisories tell us that Big Island is perfectly safe on the tourist side where we'll be for 4 more days, but what a sight in the airplane!

Mekos - So sorry for your loss of Wes, you're still in our prayers

Kelly - Good luck on your tests, believe me I've been through all of them including bypass surgery in 1999. I quit smoking at same time as surgery 12 years ago and haven't regreted it one bit since. I could have bought another house with the money I burned up in smoke.

I have Hawaiian Ti plants and Kauai coffee samples for everybody when we get home next week sometime.

Aloha, Hawaiian hugs for everybody,
Al

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8417294

Oh Al ... just sounds perfectly wonderful! Can you take pictures of the volcano that is acting up from very close?
Love your threads ... can't wait to see your pics!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 10, 2011
7:40 AM

Post #8418099

I know those plants will grow Al. You will love them. Hope your trip is wonderful. Finally got my computer up and going. Has been a very long week without you folks. but I'm back...
hugs to all.
Charleen
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2011
10:03 AM

Post #8418342

I don't think the authorities will let us get too close to the active volcano, it's a very dangerous and unpredictable place to be. The National Park there is closed to tourists right now. Only volcano scientists and island safety officials can enter the park. We will be safe on the other side of the island, of course keeping close tabs on situation. We'll likely see it from the airplane when we arrive.

Otherwise having a great time. Never eaten so much fresh pineapple in my life, but love it! Vitamin C is everywhere, think I'm on overdose!

Al
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 10, 2011
11:32 AM

Post #8418528

you go al we miss you don,t know but that extra vitiman c will help keep you from catching a cold that is good keep it up' good to know you and yours are haveing a good time. i need a shot of vitiman c myself. you should be able to get through the rest of winter with no worries of a cold. love and hugs nettie. have fum

This message was edited Mar 10, 2011 2:20 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 10, 2011
11:37 AM

Post #8418531

rrm so good to see you back i missed you glad your puter is working.hope it keeps on working.love nettie

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 10, 2011
3:01 PM

Post #8418849

Might make you get a rash AL, better be careful... Nettie I am so glad to be back...
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 10, 2011
5:49 PM

Post #8419141

im xery glad you are back glad you were not sick. so many bugs going round this time of year. glad it was puter trouble and not you.have you geown snt of thore surfinia petunias, they say they are big and easy to grow. you have to grow them from cuttings and those are 14;95 for 6 of them not much of a bargin at that price that is before shipping so they would be more with shipping.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 10, 2011
7:57 PM

Post #8419382

hsve any of you grown that plant im afraid im waisting my money if you have let me know or ill get some just to say i have.love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2011
9:45 PM

Post #8419510

Not me, I never heard of those. I grew regular petunias, wave petunias, calibrocaia(probably didnt spell that right) oops, and a few others but not that one Nettie. You grow it and tell me if it turns out good.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8419776

I haven't ever grown those either, so I too would love to know how they do and see pictures when you have them up and going good Nettie. I love petunias, but for some reason, have a terrible time starting them from seed. Another reason that I'd love to hear all about your experiences with these.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2011
6:05 AM

Post #8419881

Al, please be careful! No playing in the ocean today, and stay away from the beaches too! Check in when you can, and let us know you are alright!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 11, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8420359

I SURVIVED A TSUNAMI!!! Warnings were everywhere, alarms, announcements, they got us out of bed at 2:30, everybody had to move to upper floors of hotel.
Actually nothing much happened, just a couple of deep swells and high waves which is considered normal around here. Warnings to stay away from the beach today but otherwise it's pretty calm this morning. Don't worry, it seems we're okay here. Now about 8:30AM and another beautiful day here. They will be selling T-shirts about this in the morning!

We share this place with many Japanese tourists that were greatly worried about friends and family that had severe damage at home.

Thanks for all your concerns and prayers.

Al

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2011
11:26 AM

Post #8420437

So glad that you survived! The news here didn't sound like it was too bad, just didn't want you out on the beach anywhere! Wow, the stories you will have about your first retirement vacation, lol! Always making memories! Had to be scary tho, not knowing how bad it was going to be. Glad you are safe and sound. Now to enjoy the rest of your vacation! Do they think the tsunami will trigger more volcanic activity?
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 11, 2011
1:55 PM

Post #8420660

Close call Al, some places got hit bad and many people are missing , swept out to the deep waters and drowned. Very heart breaking to see n hear. Please stay safe. We're praying for all those people out in dangerous areas touched by the earth quake and the waters.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 11, 2011
3:08 PM

Post #8420825

Praying for safe trip and return home Al. Be careful but have a great time.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 11, 2011
6:03 PM

Post #8421145

al hope you and your wife are ok be safe and get home in one piece weather has been bad all over the world wish you the best have fun and be safe. try and let us know. love and hugs nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 11, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8421320

bill jusf told me they have a problem with a big nuculer reactor they can.t get the cooling on that runs to it boy that is bad i know what would hapen if the one in ark, blue we wouldn,t be around any where any more this just gets more scary. sure hope they get that thing coolen off some way.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 11, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8421357

if i stay in the puter room dh will come and tell me when they get that reactor cooled off and i won,t have to watch it on tv. nettino he can.t went to bed on me just my luck. can.t do anything about it just pray.and i can do that nettie

This message was edited Mar 11, 2011 11:19 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 11, 2011
7:33 PM

Post #8421388

I think there was 6 reactors leaking Nettie, I may be wrong but I thought that was what I saw earlier. So much damage.

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

March 11, 2011
9:23 PM

Post #8421580

oh mekos those things are so dangerous. i sure hope they get them fixed .fast super fast. wish al was at home. that was a bad wish. love nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2011
9:34 AM

Post #8422282

Sorry it took so long... New thread...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1163862/
Kehleyr
East Alton, IL

May 3, 2011
11:16 PM

Post #8538613

littlenettie wrote:here is a picture of that plant blooming,

Hi I swear I ran across one of those in a ditch near my home what is it? Thanks

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America