Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Thatís right, Woodchuck-Chuckers Ė itís GROUNDHOG DAY!: 2011 sure isn't 2010!

Communities > Forums > Article: Thatís right, Woodchuck-Chuckers Ė itís GROUNDHOG DAY!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Thatís right, Woodchuck-Chuckers Ė itís GROUNDHOG DAY!Replies: 5, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
eclayne
East Longmeadow, MA
(Zone 5b)

February 2, 2011
2:58 PM

Post #8345583

I remember last year at this time looking at the areas I planted those Yellow Mammoth Crocuses and Species Tulips in the fall. How were they doing with no snow cover and temperatures bouncing between the high 30's and the low teens?
This year the procumbens juniper is long buried, the dwarf cut-leaf maple is barely peeking out, even the handrails in the rockery are covered with snow!
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

February 2, 2011
3:21 PM

Post #8345603

Mrs. Groundhog has been a regular resident at the nearby historic site for years now. We don't have snow here, but I haven't seen that groundhog's hide yet either.
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

February 2, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8345743

Hi there eclayne,

This has been a funny year weatherwise. Do you have photos of the Yellow Mammoth Crocuses? I would love to see them!

Hiya Gloria,

The latest this year is he didn't see a shadow. Early spring? Let's hope so! ^_^

Take good care,
Ben
eclayne
East Longmeadow, MA
(Zone 5b)

February 2, 2011
8:20 PM

Post #8346069

Hi Ben,
Here's a pic of the Yellow Mammoth. I haven't seen 'hide nor hair' of our resident Ground Hog family. But then the wood pile they live under is one big snow bank. I keeping seeing images from the movie and can't help chuckling. As to injecting something different into the routine, that's always good advise and Thank You!
Evan

Thumbnail by eclayne
Click the image for an enlarged view.

BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

February 3, 2011
6:54 AM

Post #8346459

Hi there Evan,

Beautiful photo and beautiful crocuses! Would you at all be interested in setting up a trade of sorts?

Starz had a marathon showing of the movie. I caught it a couple times yesterday. It never gets old for me. You are very welcome and I thank you too!

Take care,
Ben
eclayne
East Longmeadow, MA
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2011
5:51 PM

Post #8354212

Hi Ben,
I'd be happy to trade something. The Crocus? DM me with what your looking for.
Evan

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Thatís right, Woodchuck-Chuckers Ė itís GROUNDHOG DAY! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Punxy Phil docgipe 27 Feb 6, 2012 6:52 AM
U Dang Wudchucks! Quit Chuckin' Mah Wud! Gymgirl 1 Feb 2, 2011 4:46 PM
Great photo of the groundhog! Cville_Gardener 0 Feb 2, 2012 1:10 AM
memories of 2011 pansy51 0 Feb 2, 2012 12:15 PM
Punxsutawney Phil vs. Wiarton Willie BeardieMom 0 Feb 6, 2012 5:57 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America