Advice please on all-in-one washer/dryer

Collierville, TN

considering LG's WM3987HW..none in local stores...retailers seem to be Homeverything,
Abt, AJMadison. Opinions on 1. the washer/dryer and 2. who to buy from.
Thanks.

Thumbnail by tweety46
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Buy local and do not order anything from the internet. Our experience is that shippers don't care if they drop it. Even if it LOOKS perfect, it probably is not. Your local appliance store will always sell his best on the floor and save a problem machine for someone who orders sight unseen.

The w/d combo made by LG is big and expensive. If space is an issue, they are making large capacity units where you can put the dryer on top.

Learn who your local warranty servicer is before you purchase. As a servicer, we hate repairing these all in one units. I hesitate to mention it but there is another company whose name begins Eq that also makes an all in one, but is even worse to service.

Indianapolis, IN

I agree that you should make sure that you are buying from a credible source and that you have the space necessary for the unit. I am a little skeptical about these washer and dryers. I just think combo could breed some unserviceable issues down the road. We all know that repairs are already expensive, but this sounds like it could be very expensive!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.