Photo by Melody

Voting Booth: Did the Groundhog see his shadow where you live?

Communities > Forums > Voting Booth
bookmark
Forum: Voting BoothReplies: 84, Views: 573
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
admin

(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8359141

There are a total of 161 votes:

Yes, he did. Six more weeks of winter here.
(10 votes, 6%)
Red dot

NO! Spring is on the way!
(69 votes, 42%)
Red dot

Spring is already here at my house.
(8 votes, 4%)
Red dot

I'm south of the Equator and autumn is coming.
(2 votes, 1%)
Red dot

I don't trust rodents that claim to forecast the weather.
(66 votes, 40%)
Red dot

What is Groundhog Day?
(6 votes, 3%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 7, 2011
9:55 AM

Post #8359148

I have too many cats to trust rodents ~ I think they'd lie to me. LOL
And couldn't see the Ground Hog as he was iced over that day!!!

DreamOfSpring

DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2011
10:35 AM

Post #8359220

We don't have groundhogs here. If we did, I doubt I would be inclined to trust their forecasting skills. Then again, perhaps I should reconsider my rodent prejudices as it seems unlikely they could do a lot worse than meteorologists.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 7, 2011
10:49 AM

Post #8359249

ROTF!!!

DreamOfSpring

DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2011
10:52 AM

Post #8359252

Thanks, podster. Hoping no meteorologists read this. lol. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had chosen that career path. It looks like the only job in which one can be completely wrong constantly with no risk to ones career.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 7, 2011
11:14 AM

Post #8359280

Years ago, DH nicknamed them the 'weather liars' ~ now we hear others say that commonly.
I wouldn't want that job. It would be difficult to go out in public knowing how poorly you did your job.
Hillbilly_Gran
Jasper, AR
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2011
11:51 AM

Post #8359330

I think a groundhog is just as accurate as a meteorologist and for the record I trust neither one.
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 7, 2011
11:55 AM

Post #8359338

[quote="Hillbilly_Gran"]I think a groundhog is just as accurate as a meteorologist and for the record I trust neither one. [/quote]

lOOk at that! Distrust of rodents is winning... wonder why that is?

Next week let's poll if we trust the meteorologist or our aching bones.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2011
12:05 PM

Post #8359359

I'm in the group distrustful of rodents as well, but I'm sure that they would do as good a job, if not better than what we have.

Today's forecast...at 6am, mind you...was that we'd possibly have light snow that would only accumulate in grassy areas. Here's what I saw out my front door by 11 am...

Thumbnail by melody
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Hillbilly_Gran
Jasper, AR
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2011
12:37 PM

Post #8359414

LOL we were forecast for up to 2" and received 6". Last nights "chance of light snow" gaves us 1.5", tonights forecast for 4"-6" has me just a tad concerned.

Resin

Resin
Northumberland
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2011
12:56 PM

Post #8359452

Just to contrast with Melody's pic . . .

Photo last week (30 January)

;-)

Thumbnail by Resin

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2011
12:57 PM

Post #8359455

sigh... (that is what I normally see this time of year)
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 7, 2011
1:49 PM

Post #8359545

Spring is suppose to come early here, but only the lord knows?
dparsons01
Albuquerque, NM
(Zone 7b)

February 7, 2011
4:10 PM

Post #8359821

It was so cold on Feb 2nd that the ground hog stayed down in his warm den, drinking hot chocolate and playing cribbage with the wife. Never even came up to check a shadow.
birder17
Jackson, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 7, 2011
4:33 PM

Post #8359863

I am counting on Spring being on it's way! Why not??
I have one of those guys in my back yard. He ate all our squash and bean plants last year. He's still out back. We're trying to figure out a way to get rid of him.
We live in town so shooting is sort of out. Plus, he runs really fast!
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2011
6:53 PM

Post #8360074

I do not count on rodents to do anything but die in a wall or truck dash and not be accessible to remove the odor!!! I have fought mice, rats, rabbits,and squirrels in my lifetime, and one thing they do for certain: stink when they die!!! I'll stink when I die!! When I was pregnant with my 3rd child, we had a rat die in the attic. I was unable to go up and get it out, and the opening was too small for my husband. So his cousin finally went up and removed it. Luciee

greenbrain

greenbrain
Madison, IL
(Zone 6b)

February 7, 2011
7:20 PM

Post #8360102

I only believe in the groundhog prediction when it's favorable. I'm an optimist.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 7, 2011
8:46 PM

Post #8360210

Poor Melody! I guess you got what was predicted for us last night, but all we got was rain. Today we did get barely a dusting.
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

February 7, 2011
9:05 PM

Post #8360225

Over on Facebook, I had fun with word play - said I was looking for a photo of a ground hog. First put up a capybara, the next day a baby wombat, and finally announced I had found the right photo of ground hog - and it was a colorful display of newly stuffed sausage, not yet tied off into links. GROUND HOG!!!! Not everyone "got it" right away - but that was OK!!! I had fun!!!!
flaflwrgrl
North Central , FL
(Zone 8b)

February 8, 2011
3:28 AM

Post #8360321

[quote="DreamOfSpring"]Thanks, podster. Hoping no meteorologists read this. lol. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had chosen that career path. It looks like the only job in which one can be completely wrong constantly with no risk to ones career.[/quote]

And I just loooove it when they come on AFTER they've been dead wrong & say, "And here's what happened..." Duh, we know; we lived through it. You're called FOREcasters not AFTERcasters.

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 8, 2011
5:10 AM

Post #8360430

ROFL
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2011
6:52 AM

Post #8360569

Hi, wannadance, I thought it was hilarious!!! Having been involved in SOME sausage making, I can appreciate the good humor. Now, everyone, how about Texas possums? and our possums? They are FORD frequently around here. The texas variety (with their hard shells) are making a pretty good comeback in this area, and I looked them up in the World Book encyclopedia and found out that some people EAT the things. For those who don't know, I'm talking about armadillos. There is no law against shooting them. . For those who do not know, armadillos can carry leprosy. All wild animals carry the threat of rabies. There is no law against coyotes, either. And especially if they get into your pasture and kill baby calves. That is here in Alabama. And all these things STINK when they die!! People used to burn the carcasses, but the epa has decreed that THOU SHALT NOT!!! I have never eaten possum and don't want to, but dear hubby has, said it gave him indigestion. L8R Luciee
flaflwrgrl
North Central , FL
(Zone 8b)

February 8, 2011
8:17 AM

Post #8360712

Luciee, I have a friend who lives in Eclectic...well, that is outside of Eclectic. I understand you Bamans have a big problem these days too with the boar hogs running amok. Nasty creatures that! Wouldn't want to run up on one while afoot without a hefty rifle or shotgun in hand.
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2011
10:11 AM

Post #8360903

flaflwgrl, I have heard for years of wild boars, and I would want a good weapon, too. >>I had to go to the store after I wrote the last one, so guess what I FORD? A woodchuck!! Otherwise known as a groundhog!! The sun was shinning, and I guess he wanted to try one more time. LOL, RAOF! How about armadillos in FL, flaflwgrl?
Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 8, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8360919

There is the joke about whether there was going to be a cold winter or not. The first forecast said it was going to be colder than normal. So the Indians gathered extra firewood. Next the forecaster said that it was going to be even worse. Now the Indians gathered even more wood. Now the forecast said it was going to be even worse yet.

Someone asked the forecaster how they knew it was going to be terrible. The reply. "Well, the Indians are gathering firewood like crazy!"

DreamOfSpring

DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC
(Zone 9a)

February 8, 2011
11:23 AM

Post #8361031

ROTFLOL!
flaflwrgrl
North Central , FL
(Zone 8b)

February 8, 2011
12:43 PM

Post #8361145

Luciee, Shhhhhhhh! I don't even want to whisper that word (the armor thing). There have been many times it looked like grenades had gone off all over our yard. DH has shot 3, we captured 3 & "re-located" them --- 1 of the buggers turned & immediately headed in the direction of our house when we let him go --- well, he had to cross U.S.1 to get back so...
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2011
6:46 PM

Post #8361716

flaflwgrl, that is so funny! I would not relocate them, they are like snakes and just follow the scent. I do not have much sympathy for varmints that ruin gardens and yards. We had a snake get in our garage and a few days later another one was trying to get in, too. We had killed the 1st one, and this one had to be killed also so no one would come up on it in our yard and be scared, like I was. Also, our electric company magazine came today, and there was an article about feral hogs. Talk about coincidence. The article said they could be hunted with or without dogs. It is a problem, but thankfully, we do not have them here. Luciee
flaflwrgrl
North Central , FL
(Zone 8b)

February 8, 2011
6:54 PM

Post #8361738

I understand that Al. has declared it's open season on the wild boar year round as they have become such a problem.
Truthfully, I really do my level best these days not to kill anything. Maybe it's age, maybe it's mellowing... whatever...but if life is threatend --- that's a different story. And then there's the 'dillas who can make you so NUTS ravaging your yard night after night after night. We stayed up keeping watch for 6 nights once. We averaged 50 to 60 holes in our VERY SMALL yard with each visit it made not to mention it's digging underneath the slab.

Resin

Resin
Northumberland
United Kingdom
(Zone 9a)

February 9, 2011
5:08 AM

Post #8362101

Much better weather info . . .

;-)

Thumbnail by Resin

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8362153

That is probably the most reliable forecaster I've ever seen!

DreamOfSpring

DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC
(Zone 9a)

February 9, 2011
8:29 AM

Post #8362452

I love that weather forecasting system! I need one of those for my garden.
flaflwrgrl
North Central , FL
(Zone 8b)

February 9, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8362458

ROFLOL!
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2011
12:29 PM

Post #8362883

Ditto, ROFLOL
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2011
12:31 PM

Post #8362888

Resin, seems like I have seen something like that in years gone by. What goes around, comes around. Thanks for showing it!!
flaflwrgrl
North Central , FL
(Zone 8b)

February 9, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8363063

See; leave it to a Brit to come up with the best laugh of all. I just LOVE the Brit sense of humor. They know when to apply the "stiff upper lip" & when it's time for a good belly laugh.
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2011
10:44 AM

Post #8364521

My Gun Takes Care of them when they come out of hiding and they lie any way they are not eating what I plant, I am Like the "Lil Red Hen"

~~~ "My Family works the Garden for our Food Not them Varmints.
If they want food they can plow ,plant , weed and baby, harvest , put up cook and eat it !

Other Wise ~~~ They are going to Get a LEAD Sandwich From Maw-Bell and put to sleep Permanently !!!!

Happy Hunten

Ole Sarge

Thumbnail by Ret_Sgt_Yates

luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2011
1:22 PM

Post #8364816

Hi, Sgt. Yates, was that retired from us military? If so, thanks for serving. Or police? Same, thanks. I am a little red hen, also. I do not grow peas for deer, or tomatoes for frogs and bugs. Or corn for deer and bugs. I've never shot a deer, but my daughter has, it is hanging on her wall. My vegetables go into my freezer or into people's mouths. Thanks, Luciee
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8364822

Oh, by the way,everybody, FORD means found on the road dead. Luciee
g_whizz
rosetta TASMANIA
Australia

February 11, 2011
12:52 AM

Post #8365747

babe,i got you babe!!!!

cececoogan

cececoogan
Waukesha, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2011
12:06 PM

Post #8366612

He couldn't have crawled out of it if he tried with 4 foot drifts covering it. Don't trust rodents any way. Spring will be here regardless of some groundhog found his way out or not.
Beachblossom
Gary, IN

February 11, 2011
2:20 PM

Post #8366779

I have a ground hog who favors my yard. I've not seen him since before the blizzard began and certainly not during the Ground Hogs' Day blizzard. He's probably still trying to dig out.
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2011
2:43 PM

Post #8366824

[quote="luciee"]Hi, Sgt. Yates, was that retired from us military? If so, thanks for serving. Or police? Same, thanks. I am a little red hen, also. I do not grow peas for deer, or tomatoes for frogs and bugs. Or corn for deer and bugs. I've never shot a deer, but my daughter has, it is hanging on her wall. My vegetables go into my freezer or into people's mouths. Thanks, Luciee[/quote]

Retired From US Army Luciee, Ty. D,Mail me and I'll shoot ya the Bug & Critter-B-Gone recipe it works Awesome ! Spring is just around the corner ya know and them seedling wont grow or protect themselves ! LOL I help ya all i can .

Sarge
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8367023

About ten thousand followers gather yearly to celebrate Phil's birthday and annual weather prediction. We believe his word is gospel. Anyone who disagrees is living on thin ice. This year just a few minutes before daylight Phil appeared. The strangest thing we ever witnessed was an appearance of sunlight believed to be bouncing off the belly of a well cleaned 747. That ray of light was awesome. Phil turned his head dead in line with that ray of light, shivered, shook his head and squirmed quickly back into his hole. He popped his head out one more time and uttered the phrase, "six more week of winter". So far every word he spoke is being recorded as testament to the gospel of Phil.

Anyone who does not like and trust Phil will be visited this summer by his relatives and this to is gospel. So those who doubted his wisdom may herein apologize and Phil will scratch your name off his hit list.

Dwaine Gipe supporting Phil from Punxsy, Pa.
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2011
4:25 PM

Post #8367028

Har,har!! How funny. That deserves an apology, Phil! Luciee
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 11, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8367184

[quote] Anyone who does not like and trust Phil will be visited this summer by his relatives... [/quote] LOL but I know better!
I don't have any kinfolk that will want to spend summers in the south.

OTOH if Phil had inserted winter rather than summer, it would have struck terror in my heart. 8 )

Besides... many of us nonbelievers live where there is no groundhog to predict the seasons.
phoebesviolets
Land of OZ, CT
(Zone 6a)

February 12, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8367616

Poor groundhog is going to drown when these mountains of snow thaw!!!
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2011
7:36 AM

Post #8367875

Phil being all male has had his eyes on a pretty little marmot critter in the Western mountains somewhere. He could likely sweet talk she and her friends to cover his needs where his kinfolk have never lived. Phil has been witnessed texting in his burrow. The mainline chatter has all been West and South. Research on the texts indicate Phil has some kind of a smaller friend in Texas. The friends pop up and down and live in colonies. We know they are smaller but in numbers possibly could make up for size difference. Don't ever doubt the wisdom and ability of a ground hog of Phil's stature.
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 12, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8367976

The rodents in their burrows will drown too. And maybe the ranchers can fill up the burrows and no more cows will step in the holes and break legs. Is Phil just another fat rat? >>>>>>Sarge, I d-mailed you but I do not know if it went. Why not just post it here, maybe some others would like to know? Luciee
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 12, 2011
9:24 AM

Post #8368086

this past summer I found all kinds of holes in our yard. Would that be from Gound Hogs? I have seen one in some of my flowers before. If that is the problem how does a person get rid of them? Thanks
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 12, 2011
10:11 AM

Post #8368155

rosycats, I do not know that far north. If it was here, I would suspect armadillos, or chipmunks (ground squirrels) Try your county agent and see if they can help. I can contact them here in AL by typing in ACES. That stands for al state county extension. Of course we have the Auburn Ag school here, but I thought all states had access to help through the gov't agencies. How big are the holes? Groundhogs make bigger holes than the 2 I mentioned. Look up woodchuck and see what you can find. Luciee :)
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2011
11:32 AM

Post #8368216

Roseycats...talk to your state farm agent. You need to know what you have and then devise a program to get rid of them if they continue to be a problem. If you know a hunter or a trapper that may be a way to identifiy them as well as someone who would help you get rid of them. Most farm supply stores have smoke bombs and traps.
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 12, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8368238

luciee, I looked up Woodchuck, it says same as Groundhog, so I look up Groundhog, and it says same as Woodchuck. I don't have a very good dictionary. I wll look it up on the net or web whichever you want to call it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog

This message was edited Feb 12, 2011 2:47 PM

After looking up this link, The Grounghog is what I have seen in my yard. The damage of holes in my yard sounds like they come from Mole's, and I thought they said Mole's work in the evening, and they are blind.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2011 3:21 PM
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 12, 2011
12:00 PM

Post #8368256

Hey, Rosycats, I do not care what you call it! It just gets bigger and bigger! LOL:) Just look it up and whatever you find will increase your learning. Do you have cats? I have 2. One longhair and 1 shorthair without a tail. Luciee
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 12, 2011
12:33 PM

Post #8368335

Hi Luciee, Yes we do have 2 cats, but we keep them in the house all of the time. We never let them go outside, one reason why is because we have people around that like's to steal cats. Some people like to harm them.
How are your cats doing? I have picture's of our cat's on the pet's forum.
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 12, 2011
12:57 PM

Post #8368375

Our cats are inside cats, too. One fall they (ASCPA) warned about letting black cats out, because people would steal them for perverse Oct. 31st activities. So my black cat has been in since. He was an outside cat when I got him, he was a stray. He wants to go out again so badly that he can't stand it. He catches any mice that get in. The other is the manx, he was also a stray. We also have a dog. I have to keep my plant room closed off so he won't get in and tear up my plants. All my animals are fixed. I did not know there was a pet forum. I will have to check it out. Luciee
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 12, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8368406

Yes Luciee, I think you would enjoy the pets forum. Not only the pets, but the owner's are also great. Hope to see some picture's of your cats there. I'm sorry, also of your dog.
steadycam3
Houston Heights, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 12, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8368442

Do y'all know about the sonic deterrents sold by harborfreight.com? They make a sound that gets rid of the burrowing critters. They just go elsewhere. They are solar powered and you just stick them in the ground like those solar powered lights seen in yards. Some say they also discourage rabbits and deer.
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 12, 2011
1:51 PM

Post #8368495

Hey Cam, no I have not heard about the sonic deterrents, do you think maybe Lowe's would sell them?
steadycam3
Houston Heights, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 12, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8368655

Other places may sell them but they may be $30. You can order from harbor freight on line. Cheapest.

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2011
5:06 AM

Post #8369387

Ironic that the reason the groundhog couldn't see his shadow around here was that we were in the midst of the biggest snowstorm of the season so far. Nope. I don't trust him.
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2011
11:32 AM

Post #8369945

Hey, Rosycats, I checked out pet forum but did not want to commit to another one just now. I don't know how to put prints on this forum. I am computer illiterate. I just figure out things as I go. If I mess-up, I try again. Happy day , everyone. Luciee
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 13, 2011
2:55 PM

Post #8370231

Luciee, if you want put a print on this forum, all you do is when you type in your message instead of pressing the enter button, you press the broswer button instead, it will take you to your files on your computer, then you look up the file or picture you want, then high lite it, then press the open button. Then after that, You will be back at your message, then press preview or send. When you get that done it will ask you if you want to go to the thread to which you just replied, plus they will give you some other choices. I always choose the thread to which I just replied. I check to see if I got right.
I hope you can make sense out of this. I'm not very good at explaining things. Good Luck!
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2011
6:24 PM

Post #8370584

Rosycats, O.K. I'll try...Frankie and Blackie in picture. Dog is getting a bath and cat is gloating. Both of these are dead. If this goes, I'll try the live ones. Luciee

Thumbnail by luciee

luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2011
6:27 PM

Post #8370590

Hey! It worked! Learn something new everyday. I will have to do the live ones tomorrow, getting late and my vision blurs. Luciee P.S. thanks for telling me how.
g_whizz
rosetta TASMANIA
Australia

February 14, 2011
1:10 AM

Post #8370831

yeah right!!!maybe a sedative?
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
4:18 AM

Post #8370948

hey, whiz, what's this about a sedative? are you referring to my blurred vision? I am an old lady, and I am entitled to blurred vision? Luciee
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
7:38 AM

Post #8371315

Roseycats, , here are the cats. maybe dog later. They both got into the dryer while it was warm. I had a load of hang-up clothes and could not get right back to close the dryer. This is 2 separate pictures. Luciee

Thumbnail by luciee

docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8371323

Groundhog or woodchuck makes no difference. The front end will eat nearly anything while the rear end is a living earth moving affair. I can't think of anything good they provide except in rare instances meat for a very few tables.
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 14, 2011
9:04 AM

Post #8371467

Luciee, I'm glad to see you could post your picture's. I'm sorry about you loising your cute little black dog, and your sweet little white cat. I have a white cat that looks a lot like your's. I like the picture's of your cats in the dryer, my little black and white cat always tries or does jump in our Fridge all the time, and he also like to sleep in the sink. They can be so silly, but sweet.

Luciee, I'm up there in age and I get blurred vision when I'm tired.
Like your picture's, and would like to see your dog also.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2011 12:07 PM
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 14, 2011
10:32 AM

Post #8371642

[quote="docgipe"]Groundhog or woodchuck makes no difference. The front end will eat nearly anything while the rear end is a living earth moving affair. I can't think of anything good they provide except in rare instances meat for a very few tables. [/quote]

What??? Does that mean they aren't good weather prognosticators??? LOL

luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
11:36 AM

Post #8371792

That sweet "little" white cat was a big orange/simese mix. He weighed about 20 lbs. We had someone at the house once when the black longhair walked in and they said "what a big cat!" About then big orange walked in and I said "this is the big one, that one is mostly hair, on the black one." The "little" black dog weighed 28 lbs. She was full blooded cocker. This cat is my daughter's. I must have hit a wrong button. I'll try again. Luciee

Thumbnail by luciee

luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8371805

Like I said, I just keep trying until I get it right. I am trying for our little lap dog. This is the stray that came here. When I finally got it to the vet, it had feline leukemia and feline aids. It was put to sleep. Luciee

Thumbnail by luciee

luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8371842

Hi, Rosycats, I think I have it. This is the black longhair laying on top of the dog's house. can't tell much about the dog. I will find and send another. Luciee

Thumbnail by luciee

roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 14, 2011
12:14 PM

Post #8371869

Sorry to hear about that. Here's a picture of my Flame siamese

Thumbnail by roseycats

luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
12:16 PM

Post #8371874

If this one goes, I am quitting for the day, Rosycats. I have flower pictures that I want to put on plant forum, since you taught me how to do this. I have one somewhere with his hair cut off. I will have to try another time. Luciee

Thumbnail by luciee

luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
12:19 PM

Post #8371878

Flame siamese is what the big orange/siamese was supposed to be. Luciee
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 14, 2011
12:29 PM

Post #8371899

Luciee, yes your cat was a Flame siamese. I love your picture's with the dog in the cat's cage with the cat on top. lol
Have fun putting your plants on DG. Talk to you later.
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
3:43 PM

Post #8372294

Rosycats, your flame siamese is pretty. It does not seem to have as much orange as Frankie had. Luciee
roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 14, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8372613

Yes I know Luciee, but your Frankie was a very pretty cat.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2011 10:31 AM
g_whizz
rosetta TASMANIA
Australia

February 15, 2011
2:14 AM

Post #8372858

love the cats in the driers
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2011
5:55 AM

Post #8373000

Thank you, Whizz. I have one of the black longhair looking out the window, watching a squirrel eat the strings off my mop. I had to put the mop where the squirrel would not get to it. l8r, luciee PS, thanks to Rosycats, I am able to put this pic. up.

Thumbnail by luciee

roseycats
Dayton, OH

February 15, 2011
7:36 AM

Post #8373205

Thanks Luciee
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2011
8:15 AM

Post #8373275

It would have taken a blow-torch to get the groundhog out this year, 4 inches of solid ice covered with a foot of snow. Now that it is thawing, we are covered in mud. I'd expect spring flooding more than early spring weather.
luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2011
11:12 AM

Post #8373490

Cathy, we've had our share of mud since it snowed. I can't think of another time that snow was on the ground so long. Today is sunny and more warm. I had to go to town this a.m., and now I don't have the energy to go out. Maybe tomorrow. Luciee This is a solanum someone sent me.

Thumbnail by luciee

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Voting Booth Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Type of lawn mower? dave 62 Nov 12, 2009 10:40 PM
Do you make compost? dave 52 Feb 22, 2010 8:05 PM
What's your one must-have gardening item? dave 195 Apr 6, 2012 2:46 PM
Botany Quiz: Monocarpic means dave 36 Sep 23, 2012 2:09 AM
How did you find out about DG? dave 150 Sep 30, 2014 3:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America