Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Napping in the Graveyard Moss: Relationship with plants...

Communities > Forums > Article: Napping in the Graveyard Moss
bookmark
Forum: Article: Napping in the Graveyard MossReplies: 5, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Landhealer
London
United Kingdom

February 9, 2011
5:54 AM

Post #8362176

Hi Sharon, You write beautifully and your story about the Spurge confirms how humans and plants can have special connections as the ones described by the Shamans. I have also noticed some very 'envasive' species can bring joy to any garden as long as you do not attempt to fight them but treat them gently and with respect. I guess the plant will communicate its proper use for every ailment or special occasion. I wish a could have such a way with words. Thank you.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2011
9:40 AM

Post #8362610

Landhealer, it's so good to hear from you. Your way with words conveys a gentle message...we all have special connections, plants to people and people to plants.

I rarely ever do this in a comment post, but I am an artist and sometimes my paintings speak better than my words. I wanted you to see this painting, it conveys our relationship with plants, intermingled... intertwined. You see?

Plants are here for us, and in turn we must be here for them.
Invasive? Only if we allow them to be.
Non-native? Well, that's the fault of people too, I guess.

Now, see what your 'way with words' did to me. I almost wrote another article about plant/people connections!

Thumbnail by Sharran
Click the image for an enlarged view.

binibusybee
Osgoode, ON
(Zone 5b)

February 10, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8364128

I love your painting Sharran! Is it a particular plant you are representing I imagine? It was a delicious surprise to discover the little 'dancers' - on a second glance.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2011
9:01 AM

Post #8364351

Hi BBB...

Maybe sansevieria (Mother in law's tongue, Snakeplant), I don't know. At the time it was all inside my head, and that type plant lent itself to the dancers, I guess.

Surprising to me that some people don't see the dancers, and some see only one or two. I'm glad you saw them.

On the other hand, usually sansevieria doesn't grow very much like that, it should be taller and more compact. Anyway, whatever works.

Thank you!!
Hope you are staying warm.
binibusybee
Osgoode, ON
(Zone 5b)

February 13, 2011
12:38 PM

Post #8370020

Hi Sharran
I'm keeping quite warm- its near zero (Celsius) today, but very snowy! I did some Art in the park, well back yard anyway, last Sunday - a snow cat!!

Your mention of Mother in law's tongue brings some interesting interpretation ideas for your painting: there seems to be a bit of a lively tongue-wagging-session in progress!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Thumbnail by binibusybee
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8370098

What a great cat! And the tail wagging behind.
Such fun.

I guess i shouldn't tell you it's nearing 60*F here today...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Napping in the Graveyard Moss Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Euphorbia cyparissias gloria125 10 Nov 5, 2012 3:34 PM
Wisdom and Love gwen21 12 Feb 7, 2011 11:49 PM
Eurphorbus Dollykat 3 Feb 2, 2011 8:24 PM
The sweet smell of spurge liz_crbnsl 1 Feb 7, 2011 8:37 AM
Spurge 3pmp 1 Feb 7, 2011 10:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America