Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bellemiller
Media, PA

February 10, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8364446

Thirteen years ago my husband and I bought a property that was vacant and the yard like a jungle for over 20 years. We have two hills in the front of the property which have taken most of my free time trying to control the weeds. After my different plantings the only saving grace I have is this graveyard moss that controls the weeds on one hill. Thanks Sharon, I now know what this gracious plant is. I think it is beautiful and airy looking, if it comes up somewhere I don't want it , I simply pull it up. It has been very kind to me and my yard.
Bellemiller
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8364537

Bellemiller, thank you so much.
Yes, that's exactly what it does. It needs a place of its own, and should never be planted among other flowers. On its own, it prevents erosion and it controls weeds, all the time sharing with us its graceful beauty.

Good for you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Napping in the Graveyard Moss Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Euphorbia cyparissias gloria125 10 Nov 5, 2012 3:34 PM
Wisdom and Love gwen21 12 Feb 7, 2011 11:49 PM
Eurphorbus Dollykat 3 Feb 2, 2011 8:24 PM
The sweet smell of spurge liz_crbnsl 1 Feb 7, 2011 8:37 AM
Spurge 3pmp 1 Feb 7, 2011 10:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America