Photo by Melody

Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking Plant: What a great plant!

Communities > Forums > Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking Plant
bookmark
Forum: Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking PlantReplies: 1, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
OGRODNIK
Granite Bay, CA

February 14, 2011
10:27 AM

Post #8371636

I thoroughly enjoy this article on what has become one of my very favorite plants. I started seeds last year and wasn't sure it was going to live up to it's reputation at first. The seedlings seemed to be so wimpy. But they turned out to be the most stunning plant in my garden! The drapes of flowers were so long and heavy that I needed to use some supports to keep them from just laying on the ground. As the temperatures got colder in my northern California garden they succumbed to the weather. The only thing that bothered me about the plant was the lack of bees on the flowers. The seemed to avoid it totally. I had plenty of bees on other flowers so I was concerned whether I would get any seeds. I am hoping that it does reproduce prolifically like Angela's article says otherwise I will be looking for another packet of seeds at my nursery.

Thumbnail by OGRODNIK
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2011
11:09 AM

Post #8371733

Great article, Angie, with lovely pictures.
I love this plant!
Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking Plant Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love-Lies-Bleeding by another name? orangegrovegirl 2 Feb 14, 2011 1:39 PM
Trying it this year Shers101 1 Feb 14, 2011 1:45 PM
Love-Lies-Bleeding radiobushbaby 1 Feb 14, 2011 6:35 PM
One of the first plants that I grew lortay 1 Feb 15, 2011 3:40 PM
This plant is the one my name comes from amarantha00 0 Feb 15, 2011 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America