Photo by Melody

Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking Plant: One of the first plants that I grew

Communities > Forums > Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking Plant
bookmark
Forum: Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking PlantReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lortay
Navan
Ireland

February 15, 2011
3:22 AM

Post #8372869

Hi,
I have very fond memories of this plant as one of the first that I managed to grow in my piece of my mother's garden. The trailing flowers were amazing to me at the time. My other big success, seldom seen now, was Clarkia. Wow! those colours.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8373897

Glad it stirred some good memories for you! I hope someday my kids will look back on all of our gardening adventures fondly. I have such good memories of gardening with my mother as a child. We still love to dig and plant together, when we get the opportunity!

I'm not familiar with Clarkia. I'll have to go look it up!

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate hearing from readers!

Angie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking Plant Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love-Lies-Bleeding by another name? orangegrovegirl 2 Feb 14, 2011 1:39 PM
What a great plant! OGRODNIK 1 Feb 14, 2011 11:09 AM
Trying it this year Shers101 1 Feb 14, 2011 1:45 PM
Love-Lies-Bleeding radiobushbaby 1 Feb 14, 2011 6:35 PM
This plant is the one my name comes from amarantha00 0 Feb 15, 2011 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America