Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: You Must Believe In Spring: I do Believe in spring, I do, I do ....

Communities > Forums > Article: You Must Believe In Spring
bookmark
Forum: Article: You Must Believe In SpringReplies: 4, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2011
6:32 AM

Post #8374815

(Like Dorothy believes in, spooks?...Wizard of Oz?)
Anyway, that's lovely and we have a little mild spell to go along with it. My forsythia branches just opened over the weekend. I feel like we just did a magic spell and made it happen. Wheee!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 16, 2011
6:42 AM

Post #8374843

I'm glad you do, you do. It's hard to remember up here, the snow is so dirty and gray and ubiquitous. We had a mild day with sunshine a few days ago, but now it's back to perfectly cold and icy. You sure about this spring thing?

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2011
6:47 AM

Post #8374859

I'll go out and wave my arms northeasterly and try to waft you some! We had THAT snow last year. My sympathies, plow piles five feet high for ages...
seacanepain
Midland City, AL

February 17, 2011
7:30 PM

Post #8378191

Try this. Dig your magic emerald slippers out of the closet. While tapping the heels of them together chant, "There's no time like Spring. There's no time like Spring.. There's no time like Spring... I know you still need the lined, fuzzy numbers to actually keep your feet warm. But, I didn't see anything in the rule books that says magic slippers only work when their on your feet.
The warm weather has got to get up your way soon. There is a possible high of 80 here Saturday. We've had to hit the ground running. The people around here have exchanged their magic wishing slippers for garden clogs. They've changed the chant to, "There's no time. It's Spring! There's no time. It's Spring!"
Planted snow peas and lettuce today. This better not be one of Mother Nature's practical jokes where the punch line is something like snow flurries in March. She 's been known to pull stunts like that. (Jim)

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 18, 2011
12:19 PM

Post #8379105

"Planted snow peas and lettuce today." Wow ... magic words. It seems to be thawing a bit up here. It's slushy instead of snowy. Nobody's putting away their winter clothes yet, although all day you hear the sounds of icicles and heaps of slushy snow sliding off roofs. The trick is to melt it slowly enough so the ground can absorb it. Last year (or the year before, or both?) we got Federal Disaster funds because there was SO MUCH RAIN and melted snow at once; everybody's basement flooded. The water table is really high around here.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: You Must Believe In Spring Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Winter Antidote gwen21 5 Feb 17, 2011 2:57 PM
My fix of spring CLScott 1 Feb 16, 2011 10:31 AM
Bring spring inside! binibusybee 1 Feb 21, 2011 10:17 AM
Just remember in the winter... steadycam3 3 Mar 24, 2014 10:55 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America