Have your Daffodils making their debut?

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

It has been a tough winter, but our garden have Daffs coming up, it's odd. These were planted in years past. Normally crocus will bloom ahead of all bulbs, not so this year. My Daffs are cheerfully displaying their beauty at present. While other bulbs including crocus just showing their leafy growth.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

No one has Daffodil blooming yet? Just moi?

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I do!! But it is raining so the photos will have to wait.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hello there, it's nice to know I'm not alone. :)

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

Lily_love I'm also in zone 7 but my daffs aren't blooming yet. My giant yellow trumpets are about 6-8 in. tall and will be the first to bloom. My crocus and iris Gordon are blooming.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Cem9165, hello neighboring-state neighbor. I think some of my Daffs are early bloomers because I haven't seen many Daffs around my neighborhood yet. Especially those that are naturalized in the yards ect. Also I've other daffs that aren't blooming yet in own garden.

After I mentioned that my crocus didn't show up, now I see them everywhere. Only the yellow blooms, the lilac and deep purple are yet to be seen.

Duluth, GA(Zone 7b)

My lilac crocus have just started blooming as well. Warm weather is here, our bulbs should be out like crazy soon. ;0)

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm in zone 6b in Nashville, TN...

I can't believe it - ALL my bulbs are up and running! I'm REALLY concerned, because not only are the daffodils coming up (which I know will be fine if/when the cold hits again), but also - TULIPS & ALLIUM (the big globe ones)! Allium??? Now???? How weird is that???

We have had record warm temperatures this past week, but having lived here all my life, I know better that to expect it to stay this way. I'm worried I'll lose the tulips & allium as soon as our next frost comes.

Any advice?

Strange thing...none of the muscari have come up at all!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Knitty, by my past experience, Tulips and most other bulbs will be just fine. Only those like spring blooming Saucer Magnolias would be robbed of their peak blooms. My saucer Magnolias are about to pop; their buds are so huge!

Allium? I've struggled trying to grow those for many years. I have yet had good result, they gave me leafy growth but never bloom sastifactory. I planted a handful of them in a pot last Fall. I hope they will turn out better this year.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Hi, I'm in Z6 and my blue crocus are blooming. No sign of my yellow and purple ones. The Daffys have buds. But no sign of hyacinths.
Vickie

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

My Daffodil (Narcissus tazetta) finally started to bloom
1.5 month later than usual.

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi Vickie from Z6 our different variety of each species may vary? As I've mentioned earlier, some of mine are making leafy growth, other are blooming. Hello goldenfish from Tottori, your Narcissus is one and a half month late in blooming. Is that due to climate changes in some way? Care to share how is your weather there is like?

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hi Lily_love,

In Tottori, there has been more snow than usual this winter, so these
Daffodils sinked down into the snow.

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

mine are also blooming now, in a week of pouring rain. the only bright spot in the garden right now.,

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hello Sherman99, isn't it wonderful spring is right around the corner for us? Goldenfish, beautiful pix of your narcicus, ahh the extended time of snowy weather....that explains the delay. Since the plant need sunlight to break through dormancy. Thanks again, for sharing your joy of gardening with us.

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

My daffodils have started to bloom. 10 days later than usual.
The leaves are growing 2" a day ... but the blooms are so short !!
Normally at least 12" ... instead they are about 6/8".
It has been really cold here this year. Some of the daffodils leaves already out they turned yellow.
After the cold is gone, the leaves have been growing like crazy.
About 30 blooms ... but all too short.
Anyway ... I am enjoying them

Thumbnail by drthor
Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

more ...

Thumbnail by drthor
Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Thumbnail by drthor
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

drthor, very lovely. I like them looking kinda short like that. :)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Beautiful pictures. Does it count that my crocus is blooming? LOL
goldenfish, We had more than our share of snow this year too. A record amount since they begin keeping records.
Vickie

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I've got yellow and white crocus blooming like crazy. No sign of the purple ones yet. Iris reticulata beginning. Waiting on the daffs...waiting and enjoying the pictures, that is!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Half of the fun is getting there. Yes waiting and anticipation. Here is some double blooming Daffs about to bust forth. Welcome tggfisk.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Daffodils show is starting ... yeeaaahhh

Thumbnail by drthor
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Wooohooo, love the stepping stone setting as well.

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

My first daffodil bloomed today!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images