Decorated Rock Swap The Send Off 2011 Part 2

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Let's get this finished up on this thread. Still a few folks to get their boxes. Those that are missing please complete your obligation or dmail me a really good reason why you can't.

List of Rockhounds. I'll mark you received when you get your box.

Bettypauze (Betty) (*)
ClanCampbell (Chris) (*)
Crit (Patti) (*)
Cville_Gardener (Carole) (*)
DEMinPA (Don) (*)
Elizabeth101 (*)
froggies_girl (Julie)
FruitOfTheVine (Fruity) (*)
joeswife (Debra) (*)
marti001( Marti) (*)
msmaati (Yvonne) (*)
Mud_Elf (Kris) (*)
ridesredmule (Charleen) (*)
taters55 (LK) (*)
rvnsbrk (Neener) (*)

This message was edited Mar 1, 2011 6:58 PM

This message was edited Mar 17, 2011 6:13 AM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Betty, I am so glad they arrived, sorry about the glass breaking.
Well that is my attempt at painting strawberries. I re-painted them so many time, and I finally said this what is going out. I could not get the tiny dots like I wanted.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I'm here.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Betty and LK........ now isn't that just the cutest thing you've ever seen???? What a great idea LK. Such an imagination to see that out of a bunch o' rocks. I think they look TERRIFIC LK. :-)

Thank's! I got the rocks from our yard. Our soil is so bad here, very little grass. I think it is an old river bed or something?

That's really neat. I have lots of rock, but it is all sandstone.

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the rocks!!

OMG,, I got the most wonderful pressie from the greatest husband on earth yesterday!!!
He got me a vintage wicker dressing table from Ginas in Columbus Ga for only $45.00!! It fits perfectly in the new bathroom!! This is the most GIRLY thing I have ever owned!! I am doing the happy dance. I so do love my Ralphie!! I have to show you all the pic!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

pic of the top!!

be back later,, got to go do something creative, I am so happy I could POP!!!

This message was edited Feb 19, 2011 8:27 AM

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Kris, that is so pretty! Ralphie has done really good!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Slinking into the new room.. I'm so bad.. I'm one of the late people :( BUT it is finally boxed and going out TODAY!! I just kept trying to make it perfect and it's not.. so gave up and I'm sending it anyway.. please forgive me for being so late, my dear buddy :(

Chris I will share my corner with you!! I am having a wonderful day!! Planted some bulbs, worked on the dogs kennel,, well I sat and did the bossy part,,lol Now going to play on the computer for a bit and rest the foot, then I am going to plant some more bulbs,, sitting on the ground and planting works!!

Hee hee,,, Going to play in the clay tonight!!

All I can say Kris is Swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Love it.

I got a good deal on tulip bulbs at Wal-Mart yesterday, quite by accident. I ran out of windshield washer fluid so stopped by there. As I entered at the garden shop (I always park there or the auto section as there are usually close spaces) there was a whole table full of tulips, with a sign of $1.23. I asked the guy if that was really the price and he said yup. They ordered them for Valentines Day, and these were the leftovers. Beautiful ones, with buds just coming out or barely open. They had from 4-6 bulbs in each one. I bought 5 of them to mix in with the ones I planted last year. I'm not going to plant them until spring, since they are already blooming.

Hummm, Maybe I need to do a walmart run,,hee, hee!!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Beeeeutiful strawberries, and beautiful painted rocks, beautiful wicker and a beautiful bunch of ladies.

Morningt all, Why am I awake?? Ahh it is already 52 degrees so I am up so that I can hobble out to the garden and sit down to plant some onion and garlic sets. Then if I am still feeling good I will be setting some more bulbs in. My Daff's are already blooming from last years plantings.

BBL with a warm hug for all!!

Goodness, Debra is still up at 1:30, Kris is up with the sun, as am I! Just could not sleep!
Kris, enjoy your planting!

My DH saw me move ever so slightly when he was getting up, and started talking to me, then asked if I was ready for coffee. 5:38 a.m. So I said OK and my day started..........

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I loved all the rocks! Those strawberry ones are so cute. Reminds me of some strawberries my mom made from material. The top green part was felt and she put them in a small basket with green Easter grass. I know I have some here yet, but scattered around as usual.

Well, not one thing got planted,, however I did build a house and put in stained glass windows, a new door, and flagstone porch, did all the landscaping and a paint job,, All in one day, I am worn out,, Night all...hee, hee

I planted some shooting stars, lupine, holly hocks, penstamons, Flax and some castor beans today. Covered all the peeking thru bulbs trying to come up, it is getting down to 20 tonight after a weekend of 70's. *sigh*

I planted a bunch of morning glories, cardinal climbers and hyacinth beans on thursday, and I already have little shoots popping up! How long do I leave the over on the tray?

I would wait a bit, take the tray top off for about an hour a day for three days, then increase with time in fresh air to harden off.

Thanks!

I sure hope you get some of these.

Thumbnail by joeswife

We Need A Haircut, and someone needs to tell me what to use next time for a mouth...

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, love that purple! Hope I get some too!

Love the face! maybe glue some seeds for the mouth?

Want me to make you a clay mouth for that Debbie? How big is the ball????

I was just going to say the same thing..l;ol,, Polymer clay mouth!!

I love it!!

Just send me the size, I know I can do it.

Yes you could Char,, you are very talented.. Can I bring all the clay and molds I bought to your house,, you could teach me and the Goober how to use them,,lol Is not that big of a drive any more.. Funny thing,, ever since my Mom's funneral I have been less and less afraid to drive,, Strange huh??

WOOOOHOOOOO ...... Just received my BEAUTIFUL rock!!!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Chris for the gorgeous rock. I love all the other wonderful goodies you added, but it really wasn't necessary! If I'd known it was you I wouldn't of been :-( , I was afraid my buddy had flew the coop. lol

I received this beautifully painted rock with my house # on it, lovely purple (purple is one of my fav colors) gardening gloves, super-duper yummmy dark chocolate almonds .....mmmmmmmmmmmm, and a Grow Your Own fossil plant that is too cool. Thank you again Chris ..... the rock is fabulous. Looks perfect to me!

Thumbnail by Crit

Ohhh, how pretty. I love the flowers on the rock!! And a fossil plant,, whaaaa, I want one..lol

Chris, you have done a wonderful job! It is very pretty!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Patti, I'm sure glad you like it .. I just couldn't get it to do what I had envisioned, darn it. I wish they had had more of those fossil plants..I thought that was too cute, but it was the only one (Sorry, Elfie!)

Those almonds look like they're wrapped in foil, but they aren't..and boy, I could polish off a whole bag of those myself!!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Really pretty rock and other great presents. You will have to let all of us know when you start your plant and how it grows. I think we all would like one.

Pouting here,, Maybe it will get very big and then have babies she can share,,hehe

Come on up, Mud_Elf we can play in the clay. But now mine is Polymer and so much fun!!!

I have polymer,, Lots of it,, just no idea how to do it,,lol.. Will talk to Sarah and see when I can use the SUV and Goober and I will come to see you. It will have to be a nice sunny day and a Saturday as she has school. So let me see what we can do.

Good Grief, Charley Brown!!!!!
Now that would be good and you can even see Charley!!!!

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

The almonds are sooooooooooooooo yummy! I have to be careful or I WOULD eat the whole bag in one setting. You can't tell from the picture but they are so pretty. Pearlized. I've never seen anything like them. I have never seen the Fossil Plant either. I'm excited to get it going. The whole box was just terrific. And the rock is gorgeous whether it was what you envisoned or not.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.