Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: Decorated Rock Swap The Send Off 2011 Part 2

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 126, Views: 859
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8380197

Let's get this finished up on this thread. Still a few folks to get their boxes. Those that are missing please complete your obligation or dmail me a really good reason why you can't.

List of Rockhounds. I'll mark you received when you get your box.

Bettypauze (Betty) (*)
ClanCampbell (Chris) (*)
Crit (Patti) (*)
Cville_Gardener (Carole) (*)
DEMinPA (Don) (*)
Elizabeth101 (*)
froggies_girl (Julie)
FruitOfTheVine (Fruity) (*)
joeswife (Debra) (*)
marti001( Marti) (*)
msmaati (Yvonne) (*)
Mud_Elf (Kris) (*)
ridesredmule (Charleen) (*)
taters55 (LK) (*)
rvnsbrk (Neener) (*)

This message was edited Mar 1, 2011 6:58 PM

This message was edited Mar 17, 2011 6:13 AM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2011
5:31 AM

Post #8380210

Betty, I am so glad they arrived, sorry about the glass breaking.
Well that is my attempt at painting strawberries. I re-painted them so many time, and I finally said this what is going out. I could not get the tiny dots like I wanted.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 19, 2011
5:31 AM

Post #8380211

I'm here.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2011
5:48 AM

Post #8380230

Betty and LK... now isn't that just the cutest thing you've ever seen???? What a great idea LK. Such an imagination to see that out of a bunch o' rocks. I think they look TERRIFIC LK. :-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2011
5:53 AM

Post #8380238

Thank's! I got the rocks from our yard. Our soil is so bad here, very little grass. I think it is an old river bed or something?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2011
6:08 AM

Post #8380259

That's really neat. I have lots of rock, but it is all sandstone.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 19, 2011
6:24 AM

Post #8380302

LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the rocks!!

OMG,, I got the most wonderful pressie from the greatest husband on earth yesterday!!!
He got me a vintage wicker dressing table from Ginas in Columbus Ga for only $45.00!! It fits perfectly in the new bathroom!! This is the most GIRLY thing I have ever owned!! I am doing the happy dance. I so do love my Ralphie!! I have to show you all the pic!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 19, 2011
6:25 AM

Post #8380305

pic of the top!!

be back later,, got to go do something creative, I am so happy I could POP!!!

This message was edited Feb 19, 2011 8:27 AM

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2011
7:06 AM

Post #8380373

Kris, that is so pretty! Ralphie has done really good!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2011
7:38 AM

Post #8380407

Slinking into the new room.. I'm so bad.. I'm one of the late people :( BUT it is finally boxed and going out TODAY!! I just kept trying to make it perfect and it's not.. so gave up and I'm sending it anyway.. please forgive me for being so late, my dear buddy :(

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 19, 2011
11:10 AM

Post #8380735

Chris I will share my corner with you!! I am having a wonderful day!! Planted some bulbs, worked on the dogs kennel,, well I sat and did the bossy part,,lol Now going to play on the computer for a bit and rest the foot, then I am going to plant some more bulbs,, sitting on the ground and planting works!!

Hee hee,,, Going to play in the clay tonight!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2011
3:03 PM

Post #8381145

All I can say Kris is Swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Love it.

I got a good deal on tulip bulbs at Wal-Mart yesterday, quite by accident. I ran out of windshield washer fluid so stopped by there. As I entered at the garden shop (I always park there or the auto section as there are usually close spaces) there was a whole table full of tulips, with a sign of $1.23. I asked the guy if that was really the price and he said yup. They ordered them for Valentines Day, and these were the leftovers. Beautiful ones, with buds just coming out or barely open. They had from 4-6 bulbs in each one. I bought 5 of them to mix in with the ones I planted last year. I'm not going to plant them until spring, since they are already blooming.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 19, 2011
4:07 PM

Post #8381241

Hummm, Maybe I need to do a walmart run,,hee, hee!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2011
11:38 PM

Post #8381805

Beeeeutiful strawberries, and beautiful painted rocks, beautiful wicker and a beautiful bunch of ladies.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 20, 2011
4:51 AM

Post #8381926

Morningt all, Why am I awake?? Ahh it is already 52 degrees so I am up so that I can hobble out to the garden and sit down to plant some onion and garlic sets. Then if I am still feeling good I will be setting some more bulbs in. My Daff's are already blooming from last years plantings.

BBL with a warm hug for all!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 20, 2011
5:12 AM

Post #8381945

Goodness, Debra is still up at 1:30, Kris is up with the sun, as am I! Just could not sleep!
Kris, enjoy your planting!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2011
8:36 AM

Post #8382323

My DH saw me move ever so slightly when he was getting up, and started talking to me, then asked if I was ready for coffee. 5:38 a.m. So I said OK and my day started...
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

February 20, 2011
10:13 AM

Post #8382452

I loved all the rocks! Those strawberry ones are so cute. Reminds me of some strawberries my mom made from material. The top green part was felt and she put them in a small basket with green Easter grass. I know I have some here yet, but scattered around as usual.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 20, 2011
3:25 PM

Post #8382978

Well, not one thing got planted,, however I did build a house and put in stained glass windows, a new door, and flagstone porch, did all the landscaping and a paint job,, All in one day, I am worn out,, Night all...hee, hee

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 20, 2011
6:10 PM

Post #8383271

I planted some shooting stars, lupine, holly hocks, penstamons, Flax and some castor beans today. Covered all the peeking thru bulbs trying to come up, it is getting down to 20 tonight after a weekend of 70's. *sigh*

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 20, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8383341

I planted a bunch of morning glories, cardinal climbers and hyacinth beans on thursday, and I already have little shoots popping up! How long do I leave the over on the tray?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 20, 2011
8:52 PM

Post #8383495

I would wait a bit, take the tray top off for about an hour a day for three days, then increase with time in fresh air to harden off.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 21, 2011
5:34 AM

Post #8383745

Thanks!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2011
9:15 PM

Post #8385639

I sure hope you get some of these.

Thumbnail by joeswife

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2011
10:41 PM

Post #8385690

We Need A Haircut, and someone needs to tell me what to use next time for a mouth...

Thumbnail by joeswife

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8385887

Debra, love that purple! Hope I get some too!

Love the face! maybe glue some seeds for the mouth?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 22, 2011
6:21 AM

Post #8386007

Want me to make you a clay mouth for that Debbie? How big is the ball????

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8386394

I was just going to say the same thing..l;ol,, Polymer clay mouth!!

I love it!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 22, 2011
1:02 PM

Post #8386788

Just send me the size, I know I can do it.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8386804

Yes you could Char,, you are very talented.. Can I bring all the clay and molds I bought to your house,, you could teach me and the Goober how to use them,,lol Is not that big of a drive any more.. Funny thing,, ever since my Mom's funneral I have been less and less afraid to drive,, Strange huh??
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
1:11 PM

Post #8386808

WOOOOHOOOOO ... Just received my BEAUTIFUL rock!!!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Chris for the gorgeous rock. I love all the other wonderful goodies you added, but it really wasn't necessary! If I'd known it was you I wouldn't of been :-( , I was afraid my buddy had flew the coop. lol

I received this beautifully painted rock with my house # on it, lovely purple (purple is one of my fav colors) gardening gloves, super-duper yummmy dark chocolate almonds ...mmmmmmmmmmmm, and a Grow Your Own fossil plant that is too cool. Thank you again Chris ... the rock is fabulous. Looks perfect to me!

Thumbnail by Crit

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
1:24 PM

Post #8386823

Ohhh, how pretty. I love the flowers on the rock!! And a fossil plant,, whaaaa, I want one..lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2011
1:54 PM

Post #8386874

Chris, you have done a wonderful job! It is very pretty!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2011
2:35 PM

Post #8386942

Patti, I'm sure glad you like it .. I just couldn't get it to do what I had envisioned, darn it. I wish they had had more of those fossil plants..I thought that was too cute, but it was the only one (Sorry, Elfie!)

Those almonds look like they're wrapped in foil, but they aren't..and boy, I could polish off a whole bag of those myself!!
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

February 22, 2011
2:58 PM

Post #8386967

Really pretty rock and other great presents. You will have to let all of us know when you start your plant and how it grows. I think we all would like one.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8387052

Pouting here,, Maybe it will get very big and then have babies she can share,,hehe

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 22, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8387056

Come on up, Mud_Elf we can play in the clay. But now mine is Polymer and so much fun!!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
3:53 PM

Post #8387062

I have polymer,, Lots of it,, just no idea how to do it,,lol.. Will talk to Sarah and see when I can use the SUV and Goober and I will come to see you. It will have to be a nice sunny day and a Saturday as she has school. So let me see what we can do.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

February 22, 2011
4:58 PM

Post #8387145

Good Grief, Charley Brown!!!!!
Now that would be good and you can even see Charley!!!!

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
6:25 PM

Post #8387286

The almonds are sooooooooooooooo yummy! I have to be careful or I WOULD eat the whole bag in one setting. You can't tell from the picture but they are so pretty. Pearlized. I've never seen anything like them. I have never seen the Fossil Plant either. I'm excited to get it going. The whole box was just terrific. And the rock is gorgeous whether it was what you envisoned or not.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2011
7:35 PM

Post #8387465

Well I did not get a rock today but I did get the prettiest thank you card!! Thanks Neener. It is a work of Art. I must take a picture of it so I can show everyone!! It is soooo much fun to get a card in the mail. I am always suprized and pleased. It just makes me smile and feel loved!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2011
8:17 PM

Post #8387508

Hi ya all... new lqap top, no pics on here yet... the mouth on that size would be about a half inch maybe? an inch maybe? no half inch.
love the rox.. what a great bunch of cool gifts here..
Neener, I just spent two hours on the phone with my sistr, I am sending that card on to her. I am sending her a card a week. She has to start chemo thursday and she is skeered.
so am I...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2011
4:26 AM

Post #8387758

That is so thoughtful Deb!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2011
4:28 AM

Post #8387761

Cool rock, Crit and Chris! ♥

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 23, 2011
5:16 AM

Post #8387817

Morning everyone!

Debra, were right here with ya, holding your hand and sending you lots of ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) and prayers for all! Keep us posted please?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2011
12:26 PM

Post #8388537

Been gone a few days and I'm glad the rocks are rolling in finally.

Kris glad you liked the card. Been trying to learn some new stuff, but it is harder to stay focused the older I get. I had fired my kiln before I left with some bisqueware in there and I need to take a picture of one the things I think you will like. Was going to take a picture before I fired it, but I figured that would jinx it for sure. As it was I did have some breakage, but that's because I hadn't done any mudwork for a long time and I already forgot what little I knew.

Anyway I digress. Debra I've been sending my Dad a card a week since he got sick. If you can do that for your sister that will be great. It matters a lot and gives them something to look forward to.

Gotta go finish getting caught up. Amazing what being away for 2 days can do.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

February 25, 2011
7:00 AM

Post #8391768

My father-in-law passed away at 12:10 this morning. The children seem to be doing OK, but you never know what is going on in their minds sometimes. Mike, my ex, is not doing well at all. He is so angry! We were supposed to file divorce papers yesterday, but I put it off until next week. Now Mike is talking crazy- how we lost each other, now we need to find our way back to each other, and so on. I have told him that I would be there for him because of PaPa, but there is nothing left between us or our marriage. I am happy where I am now and I'm not going back. My boyfriend is so good to me, and I'm going ahead with my future with Royce.

Please pray for Mike and his family. They don't know God and I am hoping they will turn to Him for comfort. They want me to write the obituary and do a slide show for the memorial service. i am doing it because I want to; I'm glad his mom still thinks highly of me to trust me with this.

love, julie

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8391826

Ohh, Julie,, So sorry for your loss. Wish I could help somehow..
Elfie

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2011
7:04 AM

Post #8393660

Gob Bless you, Julie.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2011
7:37 AM

Post #8393732

Crit, Julie, Elfie. Fruit Loop and anyone else I missed, did you get rocks yet??? This is raising my blood pressure. I'm having trouble keeping track since this is so far overdue.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2011
7:43 AM

Post #8393749

Yes, I received mine. Picture posted on 2/22/11. Thanks!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
7:58 AM

Post #8393771

Breath, Neener, Breath...

:-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 26, 2011
8:18 AM

Post #8393810

Neener, there is always a reason, maybe they are sick, or someone in th family needs help! Yes, they should have posted, but sometimes life gets in the way!

Put some bailey's in your coffee, that will help!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8393948

No, Rock here.. I am ok though lots going on, so not too worried.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2011
10:48 AM

Post #8394029

Should I send You a Rock Elfie?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
11:17 AM

Post #8394076

Naaa, THANK YOU but I am good for now. I will be writting to see if she is ok though. I know better than most that life gets in the way sometimes. So I am inclined to wait some more. House is a mess with all the remodeling anyway.

MsMaati

MsMaati
Newburgh, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2011
3:58 AM

Post #8395015

Mud, Did you get your rock yet? Was sent this week. I have not received a rock from my partner yet. But she sent me a note saying it would be mailed as soon as she is done with it. Hope you like the one I sent.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2011
6:15 AM

Post #8395165

Thanks for checking in Yvonne. Please let us know when you get your rock and post a picture if possible.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

February 27, 2011
6:29 AM

Post #8395190

I mailed my box out yesterday and I am sooooo sorry I am late! Neener, I have not received my rock yet.

Thank you all for your thoughtfulness. My family is dealing with the loss as expected. My ex is not doing well at all. His state of mind was not good before this and now he is just so angry! My son Chase is also expressing his feelings through anger. My FIL donated his body to science so we are having a memorial service later next week.
I am trying to help the children through this. They are a little lost because there will be no "place to visit" PaPa (no gravesite). So, I bought some Mr. Lincoln roses, my FIL's favorite, and we are going to plant them at their dad's house and in my memorial garden. We are going to paint rocks with Papa's name on them also. I told them that by doing this, they could visit Papa anytime they wanted. Papa also loved pineapple sage, but I can't find any around here. It may be too early yet to buy it.
My MIL is just lost. She has taken care of him for the past 4 years and now she is just lost. I guess the reality is taking its toll on her because she is leaving all the details of the obituary, slide show, and memorial to me and Mike. She doesn't want to deal with any of it, and I will do whatever I need to do to support her with everything.
Well, I have a lot to do. I love you all and God bless.
julie
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2011
1:30 PM

Post #8395866

Thinking of you Julie. Thanks for checking in.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2011
5:18 PM

Post #8396467

Nope, no rock,, Maybe tomarrow??
I worked outside all day and I am tired sore and smelly. Going to take a long hot shower and curl up with a book after Ipaly a little FB. Talk to you all when I get back on Tuesday,, going to see James and get my hair cut in the morning!! Very excited here!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2011
8:42 PM

Post #8399120

Just got back from Dothan, it is about 90 miles or so from our house. I got my hair washed and cut, french braided and then the demon hairdresser attacked my eyebrows..lol.. I feel pretty and pampered!! James and his partner have a lovely house and I have picked out my favorite room for when I visit. We went out to Red lobster for dinner and had the strangest waiter. I cannot even describe him,, but was fun laughing at Robert cringe everytime the boy opened his mouth. I bout died of laughter. Ralph had a great time too. We were sad to leave,, but I am more than ever resolved to get this house done.. Thier house is just amazing!!

This message was edited Mar 1, 2011 4:31 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
1:32 PM

Post #8400593

My rock has rolled in and was hand picked and painted so beautiful with a flower by our dear froggies_girl. Also received a pretty butterfly card, seed-saver baggies and small plant markers, perfect to use in seed trays, a pack of Marigold seeds and a bundle of Soft Wire Tie, I use this stuff everywhere and was just about out. Thank you so much, Hon, love it all and you too! Sending special thoughts and hugs on your loss and other issues you're having to deal with. With all you have going on, my box really could have waited.

Oh I didn't take a pic of the back of the rock but it's fully signed "to" "from" and "dated". I'm finding a special place in the purple portion of my garden to place it. Great job on everything, Julie!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
2:06 PM

Post #8400653

Nice box of fun and useful items. Luv that rock, Fruity and Julie. :-)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
2:35 PM

Post #8400713

Carole, I meant to tell you when I was ripping out Henbit last week I checked out the decorated rock you made for me last time and it still looks great, none of the butterflies have flown :)

This message was edited Mar 1, 2011 5:35 PM
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
3:53 PM

Post #8400840

Excellent Fruit Loop. Julie you did a nice job on that painting. Now we just need to hear from Elfie and Yvonne. Getting there.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8400844

Marti I know you are getting ready for a move, but can you tell me if you sent your rock out to Yvonne? If you sent it I am going to mark it as having gotten there until I hear otherwise.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2011
3:57 PM

Post #8400852

Got my rock,, Many thanks to Yvonne!! Nice paint job.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
3:58 PM

Post #8400856

There you go Elfie!!! Yippeee!!!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 1, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8401067

Very lovely rocks ladies.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 1, 2011
6:05 PM

Post #8401176

Beautiful rock Kris! Looks like the pretty cardinal is in a forsythia bush?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 1, 2011
8:46 PM

Post #8401565

Can I say OHHHHHH and AWWWW??? Really nice! I am so impressed!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2011
11:50 PM

Post #8401696

Yes a Cardinal. Looks really nice. I could not have painted it that good. I like it!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 2, 2011
4:48 AM

Post #8401835

FruitOfTheVine wrote:Carole, I meant to tell you when I was ripping out Henbit last week I checked out the decorated rock you made for me last time and it still looks great, none of the butterflies have flown :)

This message was edited Mar 1, 2011 5:35 PM

Happy to hear that. They were decoupaged fairly well but you never know.

MsMaati

MsMaati
Newburgh, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 5, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8408814

Glad you like your rock Elf. I really was supposed to be a cardinal on a forsythia bush, LOL, I am glad it was recognizable.

Still no rock for me :( Will still wait patiently.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 5, 2011
4:28 PM

Post #8408824

Yvonne I sent a note to Marti and haven't heard back from her. I think she is in the process of a move.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2011
4:34 PM

Post #8408839

Yvonne it is proudly displayed on a shelf in my bed room! Thanks again!!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

March 8, 2011
9:02 AM

Post #8414365

Still no rock! But neener, you already know that! LOL

Been really busy with Liam, Master Gardener class, and family issues. My FIL's memorial is Saturday, and I am trying to get things organized for it. I haven't had the reality of losing him fully hit me yet! Really afraid of when it does because I know any little thing could trigger it. My MIL is about the same, but Mike is feeling more grief than anger now. My youngest daughter has been ill since he passed, and she won't talk about it. I'm really worried about her.

Everyone have a great day. love, julie
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2011
9:23 AM

Post #8414403

Keep hanging in there Julie.. I'll be scaring up a rock for the folks that didn't get one. I just need to get a few things finished here first. Taking my Dad to Atlantic City tomorrow for a few days. It was one of the things he wanted to do before the cancer he has gets the best of him. He is so excited and I am glad to be able to do this. now I just have to make him behave as far as overeating and drinking are concerned. :0)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 8, 2011
10:07 AM

Post #8414462

I have a rock for ya Julie, let me send it to ya.. can I Fruity? It isn't hand made, but it is cute.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 8, 2011
12:18 PM

Post #8414645

You are sweet Debra to offer that. I'm sure Julie would love the rock. I will get one out to her at some point as well. Thanks!

Neener

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 8, 2011
12:53 PM

Post #8414707

Julie, I will pray for you and your family. My sisters daughter will not talk about her feelings of her moms cancer either. I keep telling her it is a kid thing. Someday she will open up in your arms.

MsMaati

MsMaati
Newburgh, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8420940

No rock for me yet :-(

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 11, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8420951

I can send one too!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 11, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8421147

Neener, Julie's Rock box will mail out Monday, have to wait until then becuase of the Live surprise in it. I wonder if you have a camera Julie?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8421858

Thank you so much Deb! Yvonne, I will make this up to you.

As for the people that didn't follow through or acknowledge that they got something please don't bother to sign up for any other swaps I might do in the future. I know life gets in the way, but look at Debra for instance. She is worried to death about her sister's cancer and yet she can take the time to do this for someone else. Being dead is the only excuse I will accept. :0))))). Sorry if that makes me a hard a** but now you know where I stand. LOL!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 12, 2011
7:31 AM

Post #8422066

lITTLE eLF CREEPING INTO THE ROOM,, CAN i SEND yVONNE A ROCK please!!. i AM TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR BEING A DEAD BEAT SENDER LAST SUMMER. pLEASE LET ME SEND!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2011
8:06 AM

Post #8422110

Awww Elfie you don't have anything to make up for. I am fixing up a box right now for her. How's the mermaid sculpture going??

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 12, 2011
10:59 AM

Post #8422427

You do realized it took me a YEAR to send Maggies "Where you live Swap box" Right??? I was a mess and so it did not go out untill 3 weeksago,,sigh.. I would be glad to send Yvonne a rock. It is no problem at all. After all she sent me such a pretty rock!!!

Mermaid is at a standstill for a couple of days. I need to figure out the next stage. I am thinking to do her half in clay and use a partial maniquin body I got from craigslist to do just the torso part. I will post pic tonight and see what suggestions I get for that part. So check the thread tonight.
Huggs

Elfie

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 12, 2011
1:47 PM

Post #8422616

Not sure why I thought the rock swap threads had ended, came upon this thread be accident. I love my rock berries and had a few people wanting to sample them, yikes, be paying for broken teeth for sure, soooo realistic.. Can't wait to put them out on the outside deck table for all to share! Again, thanks LindaKay

This message was edited Mar 12, 2011 6:26 PM

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2011
2:19 PM

Post #8422683

Betty thaT IS too funny!
DEMinPA
Selinsgrove, PA
(Zone 5b)

March 12, 2011
2:22 PM

Post #8422693

I was playing with my small river rocks today. They almost look good enough to eat. lol.

Don

Thumbnail by DEMinPA

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2011

Post #8422850

Those are really yummy looking Don!! Wonder if you could do blackberries and raspberries with that size of rock. Then you could have a mixed berry compote!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8422870

LOL Neener. Wonder if those taste as sweet as they look, Don? I made strawberry shortcake last week for hubby and he didn't leave a crumb.

Julie, it was beautiful here today, clear skies and nearly 70 degrees. The Flower rock you painted for me is now in a special place among some of my favorite purple perennials :)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8422885

I love my rocks so much I can't let them out of my sight.. righ here on either side of my desk. ;D
Don, those look Great! Gosh such talent!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

March 12, 2011
4:12 PM

Post #8422898

Ah, you are all so thoughtful and sweet! Really rough day- had my FIL's memorial service. So many memories and so many losses came rushing back. It was like reliving my Dad's passing, then there were pictures of us in our Katrina damaged house when our family was "whole and happy," then thinking about the loss of the house and the divorce- all of it just made me a sobbering mess! Of course, it was hard to say "good-bye" to Papa since he donated his body to science and there was no way to say "good-bye."
I love you all. I need a nice warm bath and some rest. love, julie

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 12, 2011
4:19 PM

Post #8422909

*great big hugs* Julie.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 12, 2011
4:30 PM

Post #8422935

Neener, I just want to thank you for another fun swap.. and you're not being too harsh! It's too bad that there isn't a place to put the names of folks who don't follow through on these swaps. It's pretty sad that they do that..

Don, you have a lot of talent.. I love your strawberries!

The clouds are starting to come in..guess maybe we'll get some rain tonight.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2011
5:39 PM

Post #8423055

Papa will live forever in your heart and in the hearts of everyone who was close to him, Julie. Your Memorial Garden is going to be a wonderful and appropriate tribute to his life. I would have been a blubbering mess too, and can't imagine the hardships you've endured...just give yourself time to heal, as much as you need.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 13, 2011
6:33 AM

Post #8423773

Thanks everyone. Thanks again to Debra for sending to Julie and I am sending some things to Yvonne.

Chris there is a list. It's in my head and it's one thing I'm not likely to lose. :0)

MsMaati

MsMaati
Newburgh, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2011
6:12 PM

Post #8425101

No need to send me anything. I am sure she will send it when she gets around to it.

MsMaati

MsMaati
Newburgh, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2011
6:22 PM

Post #8431358

Got a great rock today. Looks like an underwater reef. Love the shells that are embedded in it. Thanks Marti.

Thumbnail by MsMaati

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2011
7:17 PM

Post #8431463

That gives me a great idea for the stockpile of shells I've collected over the years at the Beach.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2011
7:18 PM

Post #8431466

That is so cool!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2011
7:43 PM

Post #8431510

That is Awesome !!!! It has a heart in it to it looks like.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2011
7:45 PM

Post #8431514

Been thinking about you, Julie. You doing OK?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 17, 2011
4:14 AM

Post #8431883

Great Yvonne! Only one more to go then we can close this thread.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 17, 2011
7:14 AM

Post #8432150

Send it my way, would look lovely set beside my pond..please/please!!

MsMaati

MsMaati
Newburgh, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2011

Post #8432991

Sorry Betty, I have just the spot for it.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2011
5:11 PM

Post #8433173

Julie's box has been delivered.. I sure hope the live stuff is okay in it..

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

March 21, 2011
6:20 AM

Post #8440144

Joeswife, thank you so much for everything. I am so sorry i haven't posted sooner, but the rocks and plants and extra things were a very beautiful blessing.

Things have been crazy around here. Too much to mention right now. Have to leave for North Carolina this afternoon for a family emergency. Will try to post after I get there and settled. I love you all, julie
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2011
6:43 AM

Post #8440214

froggies_girl wrote:Joeswife, thank you so much for everything. I am so sorry i haven't posted sooner, but the rocks and plants and extra things were a very beautiful blessing.

Things have been crazy around here. Too much to mention right now. Have to leave for North Carolina this afternoon for a family emergency. Will try to post after I get there and settled. I love you all, julie

Have a safe trip. I love you!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 21, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8440218

Look after yourself Julie...anxious to see your rocks!

Waving Maggie, how's it going?
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2011
7:01 AM

Post #8440250

I'm ok, Betty. How are you?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 21, 2011
7:03 AM

Post #8440257

Doing fine, got to play outside on Saturday so that made the weekend butthis morning it's snowing so winter NOT quite finished..time to mentally design and reorganize gardens..get ahead of the game
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 21, 2011
7:43 AM

Post #8440337

Do you have any news yet Maggie?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2011
7:05 PM

Post #8441835

News? Have I missed something? Julie, I am glad you liked every thing, please be safe. Prayers for all of you, by the way.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

March 22, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8442411

Maggies DH is waiting to hear if he is going to be deployed.

Julie, have a safe trip and ALSO take care of YOURSELF. Don't worry about anything here, I'm sure we will all be here when you are able to come back! :-)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8442518

Maggie, praying for you, too. How Proud You Must Be Of Your Man to be Ever Ready to Defend His country!

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2011
12:25 PM

Post #8579736

Wanted to post a few pics of my rocks that were decorated for me. They are now in their happy places outside.

This is the first one that Paula sent me in the Fall for the first swap.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2011
12:27 PM

Post #8579737

This is the one that Elfie sent to me this Spring.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

May 22, 2011
12:35 PM

Post #8579758

Beautiful rocks! Love where you placed them!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

May 22, 2011
2:51 PM

Post #8580077

Kewl!!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 22, 2011
4:09 PM

Post #8580206

Thanks Elfie for a great rock!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

May 23, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8581575

Adorable, maybe now you have little gnome homes more will come to visit

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

May 23, 2011
7:57 PM

Post #8583257

very nice! I aM too aFraid to use my pretty rocks out side, they make wonderful table decors where my inside plants are, and awsome flower presses..
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 24, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8583767

I won't be leaving them out this winter, but for the summer they should be OK. THat is if it ever stops raining here,

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America