Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking Plant: more pictures

Communities > Forums > Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking Plant
bookmark
Forum: Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking PlantReplies: 3, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Poppa39
Folkestone
United Kingdom

February 20, 2011
5:21 AM

Post #8381954

I came across this site with pictures of more varieties and pictures in the UK:-
http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/page2-amaranthus.htm#FS-AM001

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2011
8:52 PM

Post #8383494

Wow, there are quite a few cultivars I've never seen before on that page! The Autumn Pallet and Pigmy Torch were both really striking, in addition to some of the more familiar varieties. Thanks for sharing that! I'm curious as to how your growing seasons compare to different regions of the U.S. I've noticed that you don't have any 'zone' specified. How long is your typical growing season? I've only been to the UK once, and all too briefly, during a cold, rainy week of January. I've read so much about the stunning English gardens that I've always wanted to return and see them in bloom.

Poppa39
Folkestone
United Kingdom

May 31, 2011
4:00 AM

Post #8598603

Hi Bookerc1
I apologize for taking so long to respond to your post, I don't look at the threads as often as I should.
Attached is a part of my garden.
I suppose our growing season in Kent (Southern England ) is March to October. From Oct. the ground is too wet and until March there is danger of frost. Perennials generally survive well as we never get below - 5 degrees, aren't we lucky?

Thumbnail by Poppa39
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

May 31, 2011
8:12 AM

Post #8599066

Wow, Poppa, that is an incredible garden! I have to admit I'm a wee bit jealous that you never get below -5 degrees. I'm not terribly fond of cold or ice. :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Love Lies Bleeding: A Memorable Name for a Striking Plant Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love-Lies-Bleeding by another name? orangegrovegirl 2 Feb 14, 2011 1:39 PM
What a great plant! OGRODNIK 1 Feb 14, 2011 11:09 AM
Trying it this year Shers101 1 Feb 14, 2011 1:45 PM
Love-Lies-Bleeding radiobushbaby 1 Feb 14, 2011 6:35 PM
One of the first plants that I grew lortay 1 Feb 15, 2011 3:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America