Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 21, 2011
3:43 AM

Post #8383630

Semi-floating in the small, but cozy, sun-warmed pool, Jess drifted into a deeply meditative state.
Random images flooded his brain like spring rain.
First, rabbits crisscrossed in slow motion, replaced by a stream of very shiny, very slow cars.
"Focus" he thought quietly.
The cute Yorkie from next door sashayed into view, sat before him, and gradually turned into a giant glowing pile of dog biscuits.
Eventually, after reminding himself several times to empty his mind of all thoughts, all this was replaced by a vision of the tree of life.
He saw himself sniffing all around the tree, and had just begun to lift his leg, when a voice from beyond screamed, "Jess! BAD dog! Get out of my spinach rinsing bin!"

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2011
5:26 AM

Post #8383731

Priceless!
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 21, 2011
5:54 AM

Post #8383791

Thanks, Melody, but I'm feeling a bit guilty about projecting memories of my first experience with transcendental meditation on this poor pooch!
While I did NOT sniff, let alone think about lifting my leg anywhere near the Tree of Life, the only altered state I managed to achieve forty some years ago was a nice nap during which I irritated everyone else in the little group by snoring.
Ah well.
Gardening provides transcendence enough for me!
binibusybee
Osgoode, ON
(Zone 5b)

February 21, 2011
8:15 AM

Post #8384138

Excellent jazzy - loved it!
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 21, 2011
2:25 PM

Post #8384871

What's weird is that I can imagine all sorts of strange scenes as well as internal or external dialogue fairly well, but can't remember regular jokes to save my life. If I remember the joke, I forget the punch line and visa versa.
light_knight
Auburndale, MA

February 23, 2011
4:23 PM

Post #8388938

Jazzy One - I need to know who you are! I'm thinking that there is a high likelihood we were twins separated at birth.
Sign me -
Jazzy Two :-)
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 24, 2011
1:30 PM

Post #8390595

LOLOL
How very cool!
Ah, I've always wanted a twin! Instead, I was the youngest and the only girl. )0:
My dad used to tell the most outrageous "lies", elaborating until they reached the point of total absurdity. Didn't realize at the time that he was training me to respond like one of Pavlov's pups to the DG Funnies!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday Funnies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My New Cool Pool steadycam3 3 Feb 21, 2011 5:57 AM
Dont Laugh steadycam3 2 Feb 21, 2011 5:59 AM
You can't go swimming Heirloomgrower7 8 Feb 23, 2011 11:45 AM
The hydroponics instructions said farmlife 2 Feb 21, 2011 2:20 PM
the pool light_knight 7 Feb 25, 2011 5:30 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America