Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: If the world is getting warmer, why is it so cold?: Hang tough

Communities > Forums > Article: If the world is getting warmer, why is it so cold?
bookmark
Forum: Article: If the world is getting warmer, why is it so cold?Replies: 1, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 21, 2011
6:48 AM

Post #8383920

Carrie,
I like that you are asking important questions and admitting that you do not understand precisely what is happening with the weather and the climate. I am not an expert in this area either, so I admire and appreciate those who are spending countless hours using their training and talents to find the answers for us all.

Perhaps the ready availability of pseudo scientific information on the web, and a lack of training regarding how to conduct research and find credible information, are at the root of the fear-based, passionate argument I see so often in online forums.

We've had an unusually cold winter and more snow as well in OK. Last summer was very hot and dry. Regardless of what is causing all of this, we will all have to change the ways in which we live. We will adapt, or we will die, and life will go on.

The longer I live, the less wound up I become over even the most important of issues. My response is to carefully read what the experts have to say and make decisions regarding my own actions based on that research and my own conscience. I'm as politically active as ever, but I choose my battles--and where I fight them--much more carefully now.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2011
9:29 AM

Post #8384373

Jazzy,

THANK YOU for reading my article with the right spirit! I appreciate your comment.

Carrie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: If the world is getting warmer, why is it so cold? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
colder versus warmer randbponder 45 Mar 8, 2011 8:47 AM
Starting to get warmer crownpc 1 Feb 21, 2011 9:45 AM
it can't be real because I don't want it treesmoocher 3 Feb 21, 2011 11:37 AM
There just plain is not enough knowledge CLScott 4 Feb 21, 2011 2:50 PM
Paradoxes LariAnn 2 Feb 21, 2011 2:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America