Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Banishing Winter Gardening Blues at the Library: One of the best IMO

Communities > Forums > Article: Banishing Winter Gardening Blues at the Library
bookmark
Forum: Article: Banishing Winter Gardening Blues at the LibraryReplies: 0, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
oldgal67
London, ON
Canada

February 21, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8384250

Sometimes gardeners - I know I do - get tired of being berated for gardening sins of omission or commission. One of the most forgiving, intelligent, and wickedly funny gardening writers I know of is Henry Mitchell who was, for a quarter of a century, the gardening columnist for The Washington Post. He'll make you feel less ashamed of your own gardening errors as he cheerfully includes himself among the gardening sinners. There are three books of his collected columns and a couple of other books besides - not necessarily about gardening. I read them and then bought them and each winter when it seems, in Canada, as if spring will never come, I treat myself to some Henry to keep my spirits up and my gardening brain honed to be ready to leap into action on the first decent gardening day. Try him - you'll love him!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Banishing Winter Gardening Blues at the Library Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful, true and very funny! Dea 20 Jan 12, 2010 5:41 AM
One thing you get for free in this world lortay 1 Jan 13, 2010 1:43 AM
Not funny! oldgal67 0 Feb 21, 2011 9:30 AM
Love your library toelle 0 Feb 22, 2011 7:41 AM
Library NSgarden 1 Jan 25, 2013 8:43 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America