Photo by Melody

Article: You Must Believe In Spring: Bring spring inside!

Communities > Forums > Article: You Must Believe In Spring
bookmark
Forum: Article: You Must Believe In SpringReplies: 1, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
binibusybee
Osgoode, ON
(Zone 5b)

February 21, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8384298

Hello all you fellow pining-for-warmer-weather-people!
Here in Canada and no doubt in the northern pats of the states too, everyone who can, escapes to warmer parts of the world come Feb/March. So far I have managed to laugh at the notion - enduring the wait makes the end so much sweeter, I have argued . But at times the wait is onerous to say the least. Its hard to say if the (longish, by now) grey days are worse or the brilliant sunny ones with a biting -15!
But what always cheers me up and gives me a peek of things to come is my pot of last summers' perennials, rescued from certain death in the fall and rearing to go by this time of the year. I have a pot of pink geraniums to cheer me up this year - previously I've had fuchsias (quite messy!) and even a trailing petunia.
Carrie, hang in there dear! Its ironic to think that you are having a worse winter then we in Canada!! I think you've been hogging most of the snow, you know!
Mind you we got a fair bit in the end but had a warm spell recently which has reduced the load considerably, thank goodness. My cats do hate being chest-deep in the cold stuff!
The birds were singing their heads off at the feeders this morning - singing about spring I'm sure!

Thumbnail by binibusybee
Click the image for an enlarged view.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

February 21, 2011
10:17 AM

Post #8384456

Hi there! Yes we had a few days of warmer weather which reduced our snow load considerable - our driveway has TWO sides, apparently! We're expecting another load of snow this week, though. The worst is the enormous piles of dirty snow in every parking lot, grocery store, mall lot. Those piles will be there until April or so. But I MUST BELIEVE IN SPRING!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: You Must Believe In Spring Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Winter Antidote gwen21 5 Feb 17, 2011 2:57 PM
I do Believe in spring, I do, I do .... sallyg 4 Feb 18, 2011 12:19 PM
My fix of spring CLScott 1 Feb 16, 2011 10:31 AM
Just remember in the winter... steadycam3 3 Mar 24, 2014 10:55 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America