Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday Funnies: You can't go swimming

Communities > Forums > Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday Funnies
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday FunniesReplies: 8, Views: 39
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Heirloomgrower7
Ellisville, MS
(Zone 8a)

February 21, 2011
11:54 AM

Post #8384614

You can't go swimming in a baseball pool. You can't go swimming in a baseball pool. You can't go swimming in a baseball pool. But you can be happy in a Tupperware one!!!

Next, dogie rollerskating in a buffalo herd!!!!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2011
11:57 AM

Post #8384618

I really like that one! And you've just reminded me that I've got an actual buffalo herd down the road. I'll need to slide over there and see what they're up to.
Heirloomgrower7
Ellisville, MS
(Zone 8a)

February 21, 2011
12:13 PM

Post #8384648

Lol Melody!!! I found a really cute girl singing that song "You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd," and I thought of this. She is on youtube known as MaggieMadness. Can't wait for the buffalo herd, or changing film with a kid on your back.
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 21, 2011
2:20 PM

Post #8384857

LOLOL
Excellent!
light_knight
Auburndale, MA

February 21, 2011
6:17 PM

Post #8385365

You all have way TOO MUCH fun!!!! I think I need to get out of the big city and start living life. Buffalo herds down the street?!?!? That's awesome. The closest I come is rush hour on 128 (the loop around Boston). AARGH! Take me away, kids!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8385960

We have at least 3 herds in west KY that I know of. Two are raised commercially by farmers. Buffalo is lower in fat, calories and cholesterol than chicken. The 3rd herd is over in the Land Between the Lakes on the Bison and Elk Prairie. The one down the road has about 70 animals, all told. (there are two big pastures a couple miles apart) They are free-range grass and organic grain fed, and no hormones, antibiotics, or artificial supplements are used in their food.

They have a very good life.

Bet calves are coming right about now...they'll make cute pictures...hmmmm...
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 22, 2011
9:28 PM

Post #8387582

We have quite a few herds around here as well.
Farmers' markets and grocery stores carry the meat and it's on the menu at quite a few restaurants.
Much healthier than beef, for sure.
Kind of like venison to cook, actually.
Since it's low fat, one has to be careful about overcooking it to shoe leather consistency.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2011
5:24 AM

Post #8387832

Yes, there's a knack to cooking it. We keep some in the freezer all the time.

Very mild flavor and when correctly cooked, extremely tender.
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 23, 2011
11:45 AM

Post #8388449

At the restaurant at the Ft. Hall Indian Reservation in Idaho, they mix ground buffalo and beef, just to add in a little fat, and make pretty good beefalo burgers.
I like to slow cook both venison and buffalo, sometimes in a sauce with red wine, mushrooms, and onions. Used to have a recipe that called for grape jam that was good as well.
Some folks think buffalo and other "wild" meats taste gamey, but they really aren't if the animal is properly field dressed, hung to age, and butchered.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday Funnies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My New Cool Pool steadycam3 3 Feb 21, 2011 5:57 AM
Dont Laugh steadycam3 2 Feb 21, 2011 5:59 AM
Ommmm jazzy1okc 6 Feb 24, 2011 1:30 PM
The hydroponics instructions said farmlife 2 Feb 21, 2011 2:20 PM
the pool light_knight 7 Feb 25, 2011 5:30 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America