Sunsets And Sunrises #6

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

We just left our fifth thread, with lots of great shots. If you would like to view them, follow this link. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1138569/
Sunrises and Sunsets, are amazing, we would love to see yours, come join us.

Here's one from a while back.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

From another night.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you Burn for the new thread. I like those view especially the first one with dapple of snow still on the ground.

PERTH, Australia

Thanks for starting a new thread, Burn. Beautiful end of day shots.

From yesterday. The sunset wasn't spectacular like it was the other night, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Marget, such serenity an ambien! Love it.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Oops! Posted this on the old thread, then realized there was a new one, so I'm reposting here.

Fantastic series of shots, Margaret! Love the beach shot.

Love your pics, Moon and Adina!

Nice ones, Burn, and Margaret, I like the one from yesterday, too. Looks so calm and peaceful.

Karen

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks to Burn for the new space. Nice pics folks. great colors, Burn and Margaret.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Love it Margaret.

PERTH, Australia

Thanks, Kim, Karen, Moon and Burn.

I went down the beach for the sunset again tonight. The weather is very hot so the beach still had plenty of people swimming and walking. Here's a couple of shots from just over two hours ago.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
PERTH, Australia

Fishing - without much success, I might add.

Thumbnail by MargaretK

Hard to beat the ocean in late summer. Those are lovely Margaret.

PERTH, Australia

Thanks, Moon. You're right about the ocean. I reckon it's hard to beat anytime.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Love the view Margaret.

It was too foggy for a sunrise pic today, but i did catch the Moon this morning hanging in a foggy foggy sky.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Great shots, Margaret. The people in the pics add human interest to the shots.

Nice moon, mh.

Karen

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Moon, wonderful shot!
Burn thanks for the new thread ! Beautiful pictures!
Margaret, what serenity in your pictures! I love the sea!
No sun for us, just snow and freeze!

Adina

Thanks Karen and Adina. DH got me a really nice tripod for Valentine's Day. I think he might be a bit tired of me using his shoulder to steady the camera...GRIN

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

.I'd love to be on your beach, so tranquil.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A sunset from the start of Winter.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
PERTH, Australia

So beautiful, Burn. It looks so still.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Awwww, very pretty to look at. Thanks Burn.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Pix taken several days ago. It looks as if the horizon were on fire.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
PERTH, Australia

It sure does, Kim. Fantastic sky.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Very nice, Burn and Lily!

Here are some pics taken on Wed. night with my camera phone: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61983&id=100000501200615&l=6f406210f4

Karen

A quiet sunrise, no spectacle, no fanfare, just Gaia doing her job, grin. We have been overcast since.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Nice, Moon.

Karen

Happy Birthday Adina. Hope the sun shines bright today for you and you have many many happy sunrises and sunsets!

Best Wishes, Moon/Jean

PERTH, Australia

Wishing you a wonderful birthday, Adina. I hope you spend it surrounded by friends, family and pets.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Adina, best wishes.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Adina!

Did anyone check out the link to my pics? They were of the sunset down the road from us last week.

Karen

Love the pinks and blues reflected in the water...Sorry Karen...I looked when ya posted them and lost internet connection....never got back to reposting....

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Moon. That's okay. It happens.

Karen

PERTH, Australia

Karen, I'm sorry for not commenting on your photos. Yes I did look at them and they're gorgeous. Your photos always are.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Margaret. I thought you guys might have overlooked them, as it was only a link.

Karen

PERTH, Australia

No, I looked at them and then returned to this thread and promptly neglected to make a comment. I always love your shots.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL! Thanks again!

Really awful about the earthquake an Tsunami in Japan. Will Australia get anything from that?

Karen

PERTH, Australia

Karen, I've just been looking at various online sites. Conflicting predictions about how/if it will affect Australia. One minute you hear, from reliable sources that the northern part of Australia will be affected, the next you hear from an equally reliable source that no, it wont affect us. Queensland, which has virtually been flooded for several weeks, is experiencing flooding rains once again and if the Tsunami was to reach Australia, Queensland would be one of the places worst affected. The entire Pacific rim is on high alert, from Russia to Oregon, to Hawaii to Chile. Yet another catastrophic event.

Last update had the tsunami moving across Hawai'i at this time and heading for the US mainland (California, Oregon, Washington ) They are expecting it to hit the US Pacific coast with a 1 to3 ft rise in the next hour.

First reports from Japan say 200 to 300 missing. with 66 confirmed deaths. And that this is one of the top 5 strongest earthquakes in the last 100 years.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2011 8:34 AM

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

What terrible thing to happen to Japan. Please everyone keep up our prayer for the people of Japan and nearby effecting areas around the world.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Huge tragedy for sure. I've heard the latest that 1,000 are thought dead in Japan. Hard to imagine.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.