Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
light_knight
Auburndale, MA

February 21, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8385327

Daisy's owner, Mrs. Brown, had just given birth to twins. It was a return to the old ways for Mrs. Brown, eschewing the hospital for a home birth, replacing the obstetrician with a midwife, and foregoing the stainless steel of the delivery room for the birthing pool they had set up in the master bedroom. Daisy watched from the hallway as Mrs. Brown entered the pool, and, with the encouragement of the midwife and Mr. Brown, labored, giving birth to two beautiful baby boys. "Wow," Daisy thought, "that was amazing...and so easy." A smart girl typical of her breed, Daisy got an idea. Almost immediately, Daisy busied herself making preparations. First, she identified the cleanest and biggest plastic bin in the garage, dragging it into the yard. Next, carrying the garden hose in her mouth and operating the spray nozzle with her paw, she filled the bin with water. "Yes," she thought, "this will work nicely." Daisy relaxed and played in the water, finally tipping over the bin and spilling the water. It was about eight days later when Daisy again found herself in search of the tub, uprighting the bin, filling it with water, and crawling into the warm bath. This time, though, there was no playing, no frolicking. Upon entering the water, Daisy could feel her body relaxing, the warmth enveloping her, so restful she thought she might fall asleep. She was so at peace, so open, so welcoming, so... When Daisy came to herself about 30 minutes later, she found that not only had she left the birthing pool behind, she was now the mother of four beautiful Jack Russell puppies.

P.S. My husband insists I report on the fact that the father of Daisy's puppies, a Cairn Terrier who lived next door, was in attendance at the birthing, and it was he who removed the puppies from the pool...swaddling them in beach towels he had nicked from the linen closet. (Men...they always demand credit!!!)
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 22, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8385831

LOLOL
Wait, wait!
I want to read the scene in which Rocky (the daddy dog) hears small peeping noises, looks through a knot hole in the privacy fence, notices puppy #1 bouncing like a buoy near Daisy, leaps the six foot high fence, and comes to come to the rescue!
Wait, wait!
I forgot the towels.
Whose towels is he nicking?
Are they on the clothesline in his yard?
Does he use the towels and clothesline to catapult himself over the fence into Daisy's yard?
Stay tuned!
LOL
Love it. jp
SusanLouise
Lincoln, NE
(Zone 5b)

February 22, 2011
7:03 AM

Post #8386131

Nearly spewed my coffee...
I don't think I can top that...Bawhahahahah...LOLOL
light_knight
Auburndale, MA

February 23, 2011
4:17 PM

Post #8388925

I used to think that the New Yorker's cartoon caption contest was tough...until I met you guys. My eyes have been opened to what fierce competition really is! Trust me, I don't want to meet any of you in a dark alley...albeit a garden plot or a pithy caption is at stake! :-)
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 24, 2011
1:37 PM

Post #8390608

No, twin sis, let's not compete!
Let's collaborate!
Next time, we could take turns writing one or two lines and passing them on to the next person!
What an amazingly bizarre crescendo we could build to!
LOL
Ooooooh, New Yorker cartoons!
Ahhhh, James Thurber!
Ohhhh, Far Side cartoons.
Yum!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2011
2:03 PM

Post #8390646

Make a note...April 3rd Sunday Funny will be interesting for sure. I passed it one day when driving to the next town and had to make a special trip back with my camera.

(and now you'll have to wait more than a month to see it...*evil grin*...)
light_knight
Auburndale, MA

February 25, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8391541

You're on, Oklahoma sister! As for you, Melody, you are cruel... I'm having withdrawal symptoms already. :-)
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

February 25, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8391629

Yes, sister, she is cruel AND very, very clever!
Muhahahaha A deadly combination.
Melody, we have no choice.
We must bow to your evil plan, do battle with your usual dazzling brilliance every Monday, and eagerly await April's lightening strike!
(Meanwhile, don't know about you, sis, but I'm going to go sharpen my pruning shears AND my wit!)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fun feature: Dave's Garden Sunday Funnies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My New Cool Pool steadycam3 3 Feb 21, 2011 5:57 AM
Dont Laugh steadycam3 2 Feb 21, 2011 5:59 AM
Ommmm jazzy1okc 6 Feb 24, 2011 1:30 PM
You can't go swimming Heirloomgrower7 8 Feb 23, 2011 11:45 AM
The hydroponics instructions said farmlife 2 Feb 21, 2011 2:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America