Sweet Interruptions 212

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1158061/

Here you go Jaye!!!!

Please pray for us. Our Lord Jesus is the Great Physician.

Judy *Sissy70*-----DH

Sue *Taynors*------DD---GF (botched surgery)--Cousin, John. (ALS)

Karen *Darkmoondreamer*

Tubby

Bonnie...*Bonjon*

Betty

LK-----Dad, Niece

Sistah "Z" (Lord knows her needs)

Julie---*Jar617*---family, DD and SIL.

Sis Kathy -- * Jordankittyjo* Mike, Missy & Pamela NP, SIL NP.

Marion -- * Abbisgranma*-- Mum, Sister and Niece NP

Twyla----------*Hope43*---Son and DH

Cookie-------*Joycet* (job)----- Mum---Dad----BIL

Cindy-----*Purpbtfly*---- DH Doug

Crissy---*CrissyR*---- DH: Dave--- Mum

Susan---*Tallulah_B*--- Sale on trailer.

Jaye--- Kel's dad, Murdock. Kel's Uncles Leneau and Joe.

Donna---Ladybarber

Linda---Mistressgardner

Synda-- Mum and Cousin Tracy

Pegi (Samigal)---DH

Peg -- (merpeg)

Please pray for our troops too.

Please say extra prayers for Marion's, Cookie's, Trisha's and Susan's Mum . Thank you Sistah

This message was edited Mar 1, 2011 7:04 PM

Thumbnail by crissyr
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new room Crissy!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you Crissy!!!
I'm playing "Spent". So if you see I need help on FB, please be kind!
It's not like Farmville. It's an interactive game teaching folks what could happen during recession.

Thunder, I had a pear tree back in Louisiana. The fruits are always crisp and taste like Chinese pears. Good for making preserves. They turned pink when cooked!

Again, thank you Crissy!!

You're welcome Jaye!!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Jaye, they are Yummy "baked" in the microwave..with just a touch of brown sugar....

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I bet Thunder! Now why didn't I think of that?
Unfortunately a bad winter killed that pear tree along with the persimmon :(
The dogs used to gather around the tree munching on those pears!

This is the Spent game..

http://playspent.org/

Does anyone have the Florida address for Marion???? I have some quilting I need to send to her....

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Her address should be in the address exchange, Thunder.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Just checked, it's still there.
http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=abbisgranma

She won't be home till March sometime. Does anyone have her Sisters address?

thanks LK..that was what I was thinking sisters address???!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

She said she'll be home by March 1st!! Sorry Thunder, I just remembered that. So you may wait till then?

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello, Ladies !!!
I'm still alive. Just so you know.

Remodeling project is finished... well, almost. Just have some final touches to do on some furnishings in the game room. Don has decided to build the game tables, and suddenly he's traveling a lot more... so, it's a slow go. He put pedestals under the poker table, and after a game I had on it the other night, we discovered a design flaw. One of the legs went limp. So, today (his only day off in 3 weeks) he's fixing that.

We finished just in time for spring... so, I'm busying myself with yard clean up.

I tell myself everyday that I need to get here to see whats going on with all you gals... but something always distracts me. Perhaps I have a touch of Old-Timers... but I do think about you all a lot.
Forgive me for my absence... Life has a way of grabbing hold of me sometimes.

Hey BJ! Glad to popped in to say hello! Bet your glad the remoldeling is done? We miss you girl, post when you can!

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

hey ladies
pretty busy today
went and got some plant tags. he didn't have the fern ones i was hoping :( but i got some neat plants !
burro's tail sedum
and Panda sedum. they are so cute
hope you all are well.
sue

BJ!!!! So glad you popped in and let us know all of the going ons with you! Hope to see you soon!

I popped in originally because I wanted to let you all know about my mom's surgery and got so excited about seeing BJ I forgot to post it LOL

I just got off the phone with my mom and she gets her staples out tomorrow and said that she has a lot of back pain still and the same pelvic pain she had when she went in. What's weird is the tests they did to be sure this surgery would stop that were spot on, the dr. even did a third test to just be sure because he didn't want to do the surgery without proof. I just don't get it.

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

keeping your mom & you in my thoughts, Crissy......
BJ - so good to see you, girl!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yep, I'm up. Left Kel to snore by himself!!

Hi BJ!! Don't be a stranger!! But we know how it's like when real life takes over and the net can wait.
Ahhh.. Don's still keeping himself busy when he's off. Perhaps he's resting when he's at work :D

Crissy, maybe it takes a few days before she can really tell whether the surgery works? Gosh.. I bet you're wringing your hands hoping this is the cure all to her pain. ((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

Sue, I'm glad to know that your family's back to being normal and healthy again!!
Now how about those chickens? Are they laying? Lol!!
Next time Tim's not feeling too great, fix him some rice porridge with some of those good eggs.. of course with some Chinese pepper flakes!! Joking sister!

My ISP went down this afternoon, and it gave me a chance to finish 2 heart blocks. One way to reduce all those scraps.

Body's tired... so I'll see you all much later.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Yep ,I'm not sleeping either.........guess when there is stuff on my mind it won't let my body sleep,mind over a lot of matter.......LOL........

BJ I have missed you !! Hope you show your beautiful face around more often........!!!!! : )~

Going to make a list of things I need in town that I always seem to forget.......................

Pray all are feeling well.....or at least better,

Try and get some rest Jaye !!!!

Love Ya

Morning everyone! Coffee is ready! Sounds like you two are going to need it! Hope you got some sleep?
Looks like it is going to be nice weather for us all this week. it is 65 now, and supposed to be 80 for this afternoon, and all this week.
Wishing you all up North that it warms up soon for you!

good morning
today i m grumpy, so i won't stay long
have a good day.
sue

Sounds like you need a bit of Bailey's in that coffee?

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

We're not going to get above 45 any time soon, so I don't want to hear about your 80's. I'm so jealous. I talked to sis Kathy the other day and she was sunburned.....don't want to hear that either!

Hope Kel is all better by now.

Mom is still doing okay. Dad is talking that he might have a little garden this year even though Mom is saying, Oh no you aren't...we'll see who wins that battle. She's having some friends visit today, so I'm going to go over and join them. So I'm off to the kitchen cause these ladies always buy candy from me!!! :o)

Sue!! Snap out of it, girlfriend!

Morning Joyce! Hope you sell lots of candy! Glad to hear your Mom and Dad are doing ok, and hope he gets his garden!

That's what we're hoping for Jaye, that the pain will subside as the surgery heals. I haven't prayed so much in all my life, I really hope he's listening. If this doesn't end her pain she has no where else to turn.

Oh My Sweet Sister Sue!!!!! Put that smile on your face gurl!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I've typed a long page and it went poof!!!
Devil get away from me today, I'm in no mood for wasting time.. got a lot to do today after I've slept the morning away!!

Sue, return to yourself please. Whatever's irking you, like Crissy says, put on that sweet smile of yours and watch your shoulders relax. Or if that doesn't work, go ahead, yell at the chickens!! Tell them to start producing if not they'll be going to KFC!! (Smiling yet?)

Synda, do we need to send you a bottle of Bailey's since Patrone isn't working? Nor Ambien?
Hope you get all the rest you need and ease that mind of yours. All these shall soon pass.

((((((((((((((((((((((Cookie))))))))))))))))))))))) I am so glad that your dad wanted to tinker in the garden this year. Tell your mum she has nothing to worry about as you'll be the one doing the weeding, right?
You are truly one precious daughter. I've seen only women who are the only daughters very selfish from being overly spoilt, but not you.
All you could think about is your parents.
You're gonna sell all those caramels.. they are sooooo goooood!

Crissy, has your mum ever tried acupuncture? Just asking. We won't give up hope that this surgery will end her pain. No one should go through that much pain.
Is she doing her own housework? She needs to put all physical things aside for at least 6 weeks.

LK, let me tell you sistah, that God has a reason for me to change my mind on that double boiler!
I was thinking of the cost plus postage, and am now used to doing my tea in that non-stick pot.
Well...... Kel walked in yesterday with an amber glass Corning Vision sauce pan, plus lid. His supplier's wife unexpectedly asked him whether I have any use for it!!!!
God certainly gifted me with that!!! It's perfect for a 3 cup Chai!!

Better get started on a charity quilt block before the sunset hits!!

Blessings to all.. Twyla.. take care of yourself... I'll be back later!!

ETA: Stores around here don't even carry Corning VIsion ware anymore. How sad is that?

This message was edited Feb 23, 2011 1:34 PM

Jaye, how nice to get your tea pot! Bet your happy???

Jaye she's married and following doctors orders and hasn't been able to do anything, even light dusting, for over 2 years now. She lives on 5 acres and her husband has been taking care of all of it, inside and outside. God Bless The Man!! Acupuncture in that area would not be a good thing, I doubt they would even do it because of where it's at and its nerve damage from a botched surgery about 23 years ago. She's never had back pain, it's always been pelvic pain.

(((crissy)))) your poor mama. That can't be easy for your mom
oh Tim and kids just showed up and we are on our way to dinner with inlaws for a birthday dinner.
bbl

Morning everyone! Time to wake up! Coffee is ready. Waffles and sausage for breakfast!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I LOVE, LOVE, love breakfast sausage!! Thanks LK!! Yummy!!
It's been a couple of months since I had it. What a treat this morning.

My sisters and brother have left France this morning and are on their way home. The ones bound for Singapore, their flight was delayed a couple of hours. They're actually lucky as they don't have a connecting flight!
Ahhh.. I miss talking to them everyday when they're at Zi's.
All international calls made from her home are free. Sigh.. if only we have that service here.

Crissy, your mother is very fortunate to have a man that loves her so much. She needs all the support she can get.

So, so, so... don't feel like doing anything but I got to move on. Weather's beautiful but still cold.

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) Hope you all have beautiful weather to enjoy the day.

I have a camelia blooming. The first flowers look a little burned from the hard freeze we had, but they are still blooming!

Thumbnail by taters55
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh LK! I'm soooooo jealous! It's beautiful!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Go on show off sistah!!!
It's great you have something blooming in your yard, and it's sooo pretty!
Anymore?

That is the only one so far! But I have lots of buds! Hopefully in a day or so, more will open!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

We're supposed to get Another Storm.......YUCK!!!
I have cabin fever so bad...my husband and son are driving me nuts..........LOL. How hard would it be to explain to paramedics the reason Rick that has the TV Remote lodged in his throat after I shove it down their ??????? While we are trying to watch a program,he will mute it,or turn it down so you can hardly hear it,pop up the guide........ etc !Ryan is walking around telling me how bored he is.......Well aren't we all !!!!!!!
The he comes into the computer/sewing room and takes a look at my insul-brite and says that's a lot of that stuff.....I told him ,well I'm making a really BIG Pot Holder ......LOL.

Spring just come on and hurry up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda
(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Hello Ladies,
Not much happening here. We are getting a snow too. Well not here but where my mom lives and San Francisco may even get snow. How crazy is that??? Maybe getting a puppy soon. Their is a female boxer mix 10 weeks old her name is Harlee BUT!!! the shelter wants $250 WOW. But I guy I chat with on poker lives about 23 miles from me has a pit bull/boxer pup he said I could have ^_^. I've been walking (since I can't workout at Curves) and told Doug sure would be nice to have a dog to walk. So maybe by this time next week i will have either Harlee or the other pup.

I'm anxious for spring to get here too. I have a small yard front and back. But lol, Doug'd gramma, for years and years put old carpets out in the back yard. No way are we pulling them all up. I'm going to spray with roundup, kill all the grass and weeds and bring in hay bales and make an organic beds for flowers and some veggies.

I joined the windchime swap so now I need to get it wrapped and mailed. Now that things are on a roll for us I can join on more swaps.

(Susan) Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

You're anxious for Spring, and we're getting COLD weather - We're supposed to go to -31 c which is minus 23F........ talk about Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Susan,That's the pits.....and very COLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images