-
AuthorContent
Marlene4
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
2:53 PM

Post #8386962

I also read that someone used sugar to mix their small seeds (as a substitute for sand)
Can anyone speak to using sugar successfully?

Also, since my last post, I went ahead and did some quick soil research. Now I'm looking for a place that sells promix:)

Cheers!
Marlene
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2011
3:53 AM

Post #8407641

Marlene, there are different varities of ProMix. I think most people use the Promix BX for wintersowing purposes. You might want to read some reviews from veteran gardeners tell their experiences..Joannabanana over at Dave's Garden and Cubits.org
and Karen(Kqcrna) post on those two websites as well as gardenweb.com..There are many others that choose to use Promix products. Home Depot and Lowe's in our area only uses Miracle Grow. Since this is your first year trying wintersowing, why not save yourself some money, and buy Miracle Grow and doctor it up. Despite what people might say, buying seeds and soil, and depending on what type of containers you have chosen to use..it takes a bit to get started. Next year when you feel more comfortable, you can invest in the more expensive stuff. Just a suggestion. If you can d-mail me, I'll give you a list of the places in our area that sell Pro-mix products and what they prices I was quoted back in January.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Winter Sowing Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Winter Sowing Seed Swap .....part 2 alicewho 213 Mar 23, 2007 1:01 PM
Lessons learned for next year #2 zenpotter 256 Mar 23, 2007 7:56 AM
Milk jugs TurtleChi 99 Mar 19, 2007 12:20 PM
WS Poppies & transplant problems marie_ 100 May 11, 2011 4:44 PM
Database germination info bluespiral 6 Mar 5, 2008 12:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America