Photo by Melody

Kitchens: Anyone use recessed lights in their kitchen/dining?

Communities > Forums > Kitchens
bookmark
Forum: KitchensReplies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 23, 2011
11:46 AM

Post #8388451

I was thinking about using those flat, flush w the ceiling recessed lights. I'm not sure what they are called, I think some people call them can lights?
I would like to put maybe 3? over the dining area and then place several over the kitchen. From a distance (think foyer, hall) you wouldn't see any light fixtures of course, but there would be light. Would it look weird to not have a hanging fixture over the dining table? I have shopped all over and I just can't find anything I like, plus I only have 8 ft ceilings, seems like everything is made for taller ceilings nowadays.
jkom51
Oakland, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 25, 2011
7:00 PM

Post #8393081

I have can lights in my kitchen, with the adjustable "eyeball" so that you can angle them as you wish. They are good for general illumination, and you could certainly put in a center one over your table to 'spotlight' the center, just as a pendant light would do.

I strongly suggest a dimmer for dining room purposes.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Kitchens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
If you were replacing a countertop, what would you choose? LooneyLinda 198 Apr 30, 2014 6:14 PM
As requested on another thread, here's my kitchen re-do Connie_G 53 Jun 3, 2007 5:32 AM
anyone use Sears to reface cabinets? ssdogwood 15 Aug 3, 2007 10:21 PM
Our kitchen is done ! CountryGardens 24 Oct 13, 2007 3:12 PM
Stainless Steel Appliances - Any suggestions?? azrobin 18 Jun 3, 2010 3:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America