AuthorContent

crazy4brugs

crazy4brugs
Kansasville, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2011
8:07 AM

Post #8391925

Zero turn, does anyone have one? I'm in the market for a good rider and a friend suggested
a zero turn. That it would cut mowing time in half. Which would be a good brand?
I'll be cutting over an acre. What does everyone use?
Pamgarden
Central, VA
(Zone 7b)

May 15, 2011
12:26 PM

Post #8564528

Our neighbor has a zero turn, not sure what brand. It's entirely yellow, if that helps. He also has a big John Deere that he doesn't seem to use much anymore. I think he turns that mower on in the morning and it puts him some kind of trance, because he's out there all day. I never paid much attention to it, but now that we are getting a fence, I think how close we could use one for that and getting around trees to eliminate hand mowing, weed whacking, and hand weeding. Neighbor has an acre, but he also has a family cemetary that I would guess to be an acre, and he does about 1000' x 8' along the drive. I see it's been a while since you wrote this post. I wonder if you got one?

crazy4brugs

crazy4brugs
Kansasville, WI
(Zone 5a)

May 15, 2011
2:27 PM

Post #8564780

Well I did buy a regular rider because the cost on the zero turn was really expensive.
Tho I've never sat on a zero turn or used one, to me it doesn't look to be too comfortable
to use. Arms straight out for the long stretch of grass.
What do you do when you need to grab your bottle of water. I wonder if you have to stop.
Tks for your response Pamgarden
EIB
Conneaut Lake, PA

January 8, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #8959785

Just for everyone's info...my daughter had a zero turn mower and tho it did a terrific job with mowing they found that it wants to tip over easily when mowing on a hill..not good for that.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America