Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Hardy Geranium greenup

Corvallis, OR(Zone 8b)

These two plants Geranium libani and Geranium malviflorum always brighten up the winter days. Snow and cold bother them very little. They start growth in the fall in both my garden and in pots and just keep growing all winter. The plants in my garden were buried under snow so..

Lee

Thumbnail by OwlCreekGarden
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

That's pretty darned good. I have a few up here that are still green and I've had low temperatures this winter in the single digits.

I head down to Corvallis to visit family every now and then. Brother lives in Philomath. Folks used to live not far off Walnut. What part of the city do you live in?

Corvallis, OR(Zone 8b)

Well I suppose I have been through Woodinville on my way out to visit friends who lived in Monroe. Anyway I live a few miles east of Corvallis out in the country not. Both those plants are initiating flower buds now, down near the soil surface. I use these and a few G. phaeums that flower early along my front walk in the spring.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the response. I'm glad you're getting spring down there already. We have seen some signs of life.

I love hardy Geraniums and will use them more in the garden this year, I think. The deer seem to leave them alone (knock on wood).

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.