Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums: Hardy Geranium greenup

Communities > Forums > Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums
bookmark
Forum: Geraniums, Pelargoniums and ErodiumsReplies: 3, Views: 68
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
OwlCreekGarden
Corvallis, OR
(Zone 8b)

February 25, 2011
10:42 AM

Post #8392186

These two plants Geranium libani and Geranium malviflorum always brighten up the winter days. Snow and cold bother them very little. They start growth in the fall in both my garden and in pots and just keep growing all winter. The plants in my garden were buried under snow so..

Lee

Thumbnail by OwlCreekGarden
Click the image for an enlarged view.

katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

March 4, 2011
11:09 PM

Post #8407546

That's pretty darned good. I have a few up here that are still green and I've had low temperatures this winter in the single digits.

I head down to Corvallis to visit family every now and then. Brother lives in Philomath. Folks used to live not far off Walnut. What part of the city do you live in?
OwlCreekGarden
Corvallis, OR
(Zone 8b)

March 8, 2011
5:03 PM

Post #8415236

Well I suppose I have been through Woodinville on my way out to visit friends who lived in Monroe. Anyway I live a few miles east of Corvallis out in the country not. Both those plants are initiating flower buds now, down near the soil surface. I use these and a few G. phaeums that flower early along my front walk in the spring.
katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

March 9, 2011
12:50 PM

Post #8416743

Thanks for the response. I'm glad you're getting spring down there already. We have seen some signs of life.

I love hardy Geraniums and will use them more in the garden this year, I think. The deer seem to leave them alone (knock on wood).

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Never grew these before.. Brugie 21 May 3, 2007 2:20 PM
Visions Light Pink echoes 5 May 4, 2009 8:38 PM
Overwintering - dumb question, I know AlohaHoya 28 Mar 19, 2007 4:00 PM
Hardy Geranium resource links, info, and pics? tabasco 46 Jul 26, 2007 7:26 PM
Plain ole standard geranium....how cold can i let them get?? sticks_n_stones 12 Mar 30, 2007 2:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America